Week of August 9th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
I'm kind of bummed that my little guy is gonna be in pants most of the time. I want to show off his gorgeous newborn diapers!! Maybe I could just put him in wooly kneesocks...whattaya think?
You need some show-off-worthy longies Problem solved *lol*
#92 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 05:18 PM

: That sling! Was that instock or custom?

More pics!

Ok! Pig! You make urself sound older than you are. How cute are you?

Who's the one who's ethnic lookin? Dark features? And the naked pic? I remember the disclaimer...but I can't remember who is was...you're beautiful!

Katie...I see Lucy but, I don't see her mama!

Well, I haven't taken any preggo pics and the photographer is on the list of call I haven't made; but, I guess I could shoot one....lemme get my hair and makeup..:LOL

I don't see no rolls! Maybe I won't.....

Looks liked if there was a pic of me there would be integration of the October mamas! :LOL

Ugh..go pee when you get the urge to avoid UTI....
#93 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 05:37 PM

Oooh, it's so hard for me to keep up...Especially when the in-laws show up, unannounced, with friends, to spend the night on the way driving home from CA to WI. I already had my turn to rant about that, so I won't again... :

OK, is it confusing for anyone else that everyone has two names here? I'm having a hard time keeping track of who's who, and I don't know what to call anyone!

Amy, thanks for the advice about mastitis. I printed out yours and krnflower's advice to have on hand just in case...

Luckily, besides that bump in the road, I really feel fantastic. Now I've got the foot in the belly-button thing going - weird!

Bluehalo, I love your photo.

Back-to-school craziness is rapidly approaching, so I'm afraid it's going to be hard for me to keep up and respond like I should! Our school has moved, so I have an entire classroom to unpack and organize before the kids come back. It's a good thing - means our district supports our public Montessori program to exist for the long-term, but it's a $%!# of a lot of work! Anyhoo, Hope y'all don't mind me still hanging around and putting my 2 cents in when I can.

As for winter babies, I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm totally looking forward to spending the winter in our snowy mountain house by the fire with a new baby to cuddle with!! Speaking of winter, we had ice on our deck this morning... :
#94 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 05:45 PM

The sling was instock! The nakey mama is bluehalo. I thought Piglet looked a lot younger than she sounded too.

Yeah, put a picture up Letia! We need some integration

oh, and those 4-D ultrasound pics were really cool, those babies do get really smushed in there. I remember when Logan was a newborn he kept his legs curled up to his chest for a long time - so that his pant legs were always empty in his little one-piece outfits.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#95 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 05:45 PM

I just had an idea, thought I'd share (maybe you all have thought of this already.) You know how when you click on your name, you can see all that you've posted. It might be cool to print out all your posts and save as a keepsake. Just a thought!
#96 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 07:14 PM

Ok, I've got a bad case of the green monster. I want that oriental print hotsling!! She's got it in stock in S/M.... So what do you think - should I just buy it for myself or put it on the baby registry and hope it doesn't get snapped up before someone indulges me?

Any opinions on Hotslings vs. the Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch? The fleece one would probably make more sense for winter... Can you wear a hotsling on either shoulder?

Me me me blah blah blah... sorry.
#97 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 10:17 PM

Letia- good to see you back long enough to give us some

Nancy- IMO, I don't think that sling will wait for someone else to buy it for you...if you want it I'd grab it, consider it your present to yourself!

Amy : sending you stop contracting vibes! And amidst a tropical storm warning too!

So Dh has the job if he wants to take it...only the pay falls short of what we were hoping, but what can ya do? I am leaving it up to him because I really want him to figure out what his intuition is telling him about it and listen to it...he was quite positive when talking about the job and possibilities for advancement but he still feels a bit of unease. I will keep you updated, he is supposed to let them know Monday am.

So you may or not remember a long time back when I had my u/s my midwife mentioned me going for a follow up just to be sure that my placenta has moved out of the way(because it was low lying and anterior)...so I am going in on Tues. for another. On one hand I am a little uncomfortble with having another one but on the other I think the peace of mind will be worth it. Her reasoning is mainly due to the distance that I will travel in labour, about an 1 and 15 mins...depending on traffic, one of the things she mentioned that woman who have a low lying placenta will sometimes have a lot of bleeding in early labour...which would be nothing to worry about but might make me nervous when I am so far away. I am sure that it will be a super quick u/s as there will be no measurements to take.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend! It was hot today and it's gonna be even hotter here tomorrow, hope you are all staying cool!
#98 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 10:27 PM

Piglet- Our therapist is named Lanex Brink. Is that who you guys had? I am starting to like her much better after last session.

Letia- I'll post my pic if you do! I'm gonna put dh on there, too...so you can see who I am always venting about! Hee hee.

Lucy was born in January, so I do have experience with winter babes. We really didn't go anywhere for the first month or so. I mean, we went out sometimes and when we had to, but that winter here in Ohio was a very cold and snowy one! I wanted to recommend Hanna Andersson's fleece buntings and Neverending fleece coats (www.HannaAndersson.com). They are thin, but really really warm - so you get warmth but not bulk, which is nice for a tiny baby. They don't have them instock yet, but I am told they will have them by September, or you can get them on ebay. We have had one of those coats for Lucy every year, and we love them. Like all Hanna stuff, they hold up so well, and the new baby will be able to wear them - they still look mint, and are gender-neutral.

I am getting a new sling, too! My mom said she wants to get me one for my birthday, so I gave her a list with 4 different slings in 4 different price ranges: the Moby Wrap (about $30) the Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouch (about $55) the Hug-a-Bub (around $80) and the Zolowear silk sling ($150). I don't know which she'll pick, but I want all 4, so whatever she picks is great. I AM getting the KKAFP no matter what before the baby comes, though. It looks so soft and snuggly. Plus, I saw a guy wearing his baby in one not too long ago in the health food store, and he raved about it. I got to see it "in action" and it looked really comfy to wear and easy to put on.

Speaking of slinging, is anyone still slinging a toddler? I wore Lucy for about 30 minutes the other day in the Maya, and I was SO worn out afterwards. She's around 34lbs, so it was pretty tough. But, she was crying and upset cause Daddy wasn't there, and begged to get in the sling, so how could I refuse? She almost fell asleep in it, but I had to take her out, I was getting so tired! I also wore her at the street fair a couple weeks ago. I felt like SuperMama at first, but had to quickly take her out and make her walk. She's just too big, I think.

I am up to my ears in packing boxes. I should be working....

ETA: Ok, they DO have those fleece Hanna coats in. Here they are, if anyone is interested:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....C213%7C6%7C%7C
I'm getting it for my dd. They should have the cute buntings in soon.
#99 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 10:41 PM

jenny - thanks for that idea of printing out what I've posted. I didn't know I could that - how cool! I completely agree with you about cozying up to the fire with a new baby!!!! How exciting to be having these babies in the fall time, huh?

Letia, You make me laugh so much!!! I lived in south carolina for a while - gotta love moonpies! mmmmmmm............ Don't stay away from the diaper forum too long - I'm sure they're missing you tons by now!!!
#100 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 11:17 PM

Quote:
The nakey mama is bluehalo.
OMG, as long as I won't perpetually be known as "the nakey mama", I'll leave the picture up :LOL ... I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed. Guess I asked for it though, huh? *lol*

I've been trying to avoid the Hotslings website, despite all the raves, just b/c I didn't want something else on my "lusting-after" list ... but they look very cool. And I got all excited reading her birth story. Won't it be so cool when it starts being time for our babes ... I'll be so excited to check in every day and see if we have any new babes and birth stories.

Soogie, those U/S pictures are very cool ... I've never seen the 3D ones before ... wild!
#101 of 116 Old 08-13-2004, 11:52 PM

:LOL Christine, don't worry it's not a bad thing to be remembered in that way...at least not in your case! Now if I were being remembered by how I look naked : a big ole white belly with tanned arms and legs, that would be embarrassing

Lucysmama- I hear ya! I am not slinging Ember but I carry her everyday...up stairs, hills, you name it! When she gets tired only Mama will do and I can't bring myself to deny her needs due to being pregnant, although almost 4 she likes to be held a lot.

Yes Soggie, I agree those pics are pretty cool!
#102 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 09:18 AM

Wow, I can't believe some of you are still slinging your toddler's. I can't carry dd for longer than 2-3 minutes at most. I will pick her up and carry her when I have too (like she won't hold my hand in the parking lot), or that type of thing, but other than that, she walks everywhere. I can't imagine slinging her now.

I am so jealous of all you mama's buying slings and diapers. I want to buy stuff too, but I don't feel I can justify spending the money, when I am being given lots of diapers and already have a sling. Well, I am buying fabric to make a wraparound, but that is all.

I am also so jealous of all you with those nice big bellies. I just seem to spread out to the side more than in front. So, I just keep getting wider It is defintitely not as cute.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#103 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 10:40 AM

I know what you mean about lugging around a big ol' toddler! Hananh has started recently the I-want-to-be-a-baby thing, and is asking to be held and rocked all the time. I can handle the rocking (time to sit down! ahhhh!) but the holding and carrying is really tough. I can still manage her in the sling, fortunately, as she is still only 28 lbs...but carrying in my arms kills my back and shoulders after only a few minutes. :
I already own several different styles of slings and baby carriers, so I can't really justify any more...but I'm so jealous of all the cool, beautiful ones you guys are discussing. Those hotslings are georgous, and I know the KKAFP are yummy and cozy. Enjoy, you guys!
#104 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 11:26 AM

Oakember - Congrats on the job offer for DH! I hope it works out for all of you. And good luck with the U/S. Hopefully you'll get some cute pics out of it and no worries.

Katie - We are blessed/cursed to have a big Hannah Anderson here in downtown Portland. I saw those fleece coats there last weekend. Sooo cute! They are having a summer "sale" right now as they make room for fall stuff. "Sale" meaning the prices are only slightly shocking, rather than downright ridiculous.

Baby has been head down for three weeks, and this morning I woke up and he is most definitely transverse! I can feel a big ole head on one side and a squishy bottom and kicky legs on the other. Still plenty of time to move, right?

One more thing... I'm going to a baby shower tomorrow for my cousin's wife, who is due in January. I haven't met her yet and know nothing about her other than that she's very sweet, very pretty, and very thin. I checked out her registry and she has three sizes of "Print EZ Cover Pants" listed, but there are no pictures. Soooo.... are these cloth diaper covers? Could she be planning to CD? That would be so cool!

I think I'll take a small sampling of my stash with me and wait and see if it comes up.... Then I can show off my Muttaqins!
#105 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 01:26 PM

Nancy - we used to go to down to Portland to go the the Saturday Market, Powell's, and Hanna Andersson when we lived in Olympia. You're right, the prices are shocking at first, but they REALLY hold up well. You can use them for several kids, and the resale value is at least 50%. I'm so glad we had some for Lu, cause now the new baby can wear them!

Your baby is transverse? Mine did that a few weeks ago, and it was most uncomfortable. Yeah, there should be plenty of time to move. I think people would get concerned at around 35-36 weeks if baby is badly positioned. Have you seen www.spinningbabies.com ?
#106 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 10:19 PM

Gottaknit...there is still plenty of time for baby to move. I know that some even move two weeks before they are born. I wouldn't be concerned yet, hopefully though you are comfortable, as much as you can be that is
#107 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 10:40 PM

I took dd to the County Fair today....she had SUCH a great time, but man! am I wiped out. We rode the rides (Ferris Wheel and Carousel) and ate junk food and saw all the prize animals. I thought about joining the Pie-Eating Contest, but chickened out. Plus, I didn't have anyone to watch dd while I stuffed my face, and I wasn't sure I wanted her to see me frantically cramming pies in my mouth. :LOL I also wondered if they exclude 8-month pregnant women. I really thought I had a chance at taking on the other pie-eaters. I have been so hungry in the last few days. I am eating constantly. Maybe baby is having a growth spurt? In any case, the baby didn't need 3 pies, so I didn't enter.

Hope you all are having nice weekends!
#108 of 116 Old 08-14-2004, 10:50 PM

Nancy, I agree with Christine...no need to worry yet, even if your baby was heads down at this point that could change before the big day. Thanks for the well wishes about DH's job situation.

Katie :LOL sounds like a fun day you had! I brought some treats home from the bakery for tonight...so you should have eaten that pie

I bought a new dress for a wedding that I am going to next weekend, it's really cute and best of all it's not even maternity so that has me stoked (it's just one of those slip over the head summery type in a large size). And it was cheap

Another quiet weekend around here...not too many of those left for us, soon we will be bustling with babes!
#109 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 02:16 AM

Wow, I just gotta share this with you guys. I was bored and had some time on my hands this evening since Ember is in bed and I decided to search about moon cycles and labour...anyway, one of the first links I clicked on was this one about when the you thought the baby would come...since it is an older post the babies have been born and it's flooring me how close the moms were with thier predictions!! Within days, quite often the labour starting the day they predicted (and sometimes the baby being born the next day...so a day off prediction wise but pretty dead on IMO). Anyway, I have only read about 6 down so far but I had to share because I think it is so cool!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ht=moon+cycles
#110 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 07:33 AM

That is a cool, to see how predictions measure up with what actually happens. With DD, I predicted the day she was born (Ash Wednesday, we are Catholic) several weeks ahead of time, and I went into the labor the day before and she was born on the day I predicted. I almost think sometimes that my thinking she would be born on Ash Wednesday actually influenced her being born on that day. I know that sounds crazy, but I guess it is possible that somehow my idea that she would be born on that day would influence my body to go into labor the day before (since I was actually thinking I would go into labor the day before and she would be born on Ash Wednesday)!

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#111 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 01:54 PM

My prediction when I was pg with Aidan was dead on. I wrote in my pg journal at 6 weeks pg that I predicted that he would be born a week late on Friday, October 13th,under the full moon. My labor started on October 9th, but I didn't give birth until 8:05am on the 13th! My prediction with Fiona was off by 3 days. I predicted that she was going to be born on Easter Sunday, March 31, 2002, but she was born at 5:32 am on the 28th. But coincidently, the full moon was the evening of the 27th, when my labor started. Since I've had 2 full moon babies, I'm sticking with the 27th or 28th for this one, since that is when the full moon will be.
#112 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 03:53 PM

With Ember I knew she'd be "on time" and she was my water broke just 1/2hr past my due date. For some reason that was the only clear intuition I had, I didn't know she was a girl but I distictly remember at my first prenatal when the Dr. was talking about the whole induction after 41 weeks thing that it wouldn't be something that we'd need to worry about.

This time I've a couple things, one that he'll be early, and two that he'll come when he weights about what Ember did (7/11) and so being that Ember was that weight on her due date and he being a boy and my second he should reach that earlier which backs up my feeling about him being born in the first half of the month.

For some reason I am just facinated by this topic :LOL you are probably all getting bored of me
#113 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Katie...geez, what an incredible coincidence! Yes, it was Lanex who saw me and hubby. She'd probably remember us as the couple who lived in two different States (DH was in Boston at the time). What I liked about her is that she didn't "take sides" but helped us resolve the issue ourselves by just coaching us through the dialog process. I tell you, it is hard work to change communication habits, but I urge you and DH to persue this. When you start to get a feel for it, it just "clicks" and makes things so much easier!

I wanted a KKAFP, but my mother is a great seamstress and offered to make me one. I spent enough on diapers that I can't really justify buying one. Plus I already have 2 Maya slings, a Maya pouch, and a Hip Hammock. I'm going to also by fabric for a wrap-style carrier, as I described to amelia previously. Can't wait to get back to Vancouver and hit the fabric stores with Mum!

My baby was transverses for a while, but I think he moved back to head down. I must say the last few days I've been feeling a bit better, stamina-wise. Maybe I'm just excited about moving. DH and I started some packing this weekend and it feels good!

My computer's wireless card is bust so I'm using DH's computer. Better get going and let him have it back, lol.

See ya tomorrow morning!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#114 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 06:48 PM

Hi, Mamas! we went right to church from where we camped this am and i was too tired to read everything when we got home from church, so i took a 2 hr nap first...that felt good!! another nice thing was my dad took the older boys from church to a tractor pull, so it was just noah and dh and i and i had to wake noah up after 3 hrs, so i got a good nap too.

we had a really good time...the boys did really well overall. noah had a little trouble falling asleep the first night, but by the last night (of course) he fell asleep in 5 min. he wouldn't sleep in his pack and play, so i put the mattress on the floor right next to our bed and just layed with him till he fell asleep.

the fair was good...usually all the same stuff from year to year, but the boys like it.

i won't even try to write personals...that would be hard on over 2 pages of posts... i'll stay more caught up with the new week.

i can't believe the boys start school this Thurs. i think they are pretty ready to go.

i'm feeling pretty good...i just can't bend over very good...my tummy just has no give in it *to* bend over and when i do , baby bean goes right into my diaphragm. the only other beef i have is that *stupid* itch came back that i had early in the pregnancy this weekend...spose it's a hormonal thing?

it's good to go away, but it's good to come home too....
#115 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 07:32 PM

Baby is head down again! Last night I was lying on my left side when it suddenly decided it wanted to change positions. It was really painful! : I could feel the little feet and hands poking and kicking me as it did a little somersault. And now it's all cosy back where it's supposed to be.

I hope it doesn't decide to keep moving around like that. There's just not enough room in there for acrobatics anymore!
#116 of 116 Old 08-15-2004, 08:20 PM

Nancy...so glad your babe moved back.

3boyz4us....sounds like you had a nice time.

Anyone else getting sick of food or having aversions? I am hungry but everything sounds gross. I want to find something to eat, I just can't. Am I alone on this one?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page