KateMary 10/06 GIRL!
Proudly AP 10/08
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa?
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Mornin' everyone! Ooh, I did not sleep well last night. I'm VERY stiff from a lot of activity this weekend, and have decided from now on I'm taking it VERY easy. I feel like I'm 90 years old, so stiff and creaky when I move! And I swear, it feels like Sasha is trying to *hatch* out of my tummy! I keep saying to my DH "If I had any doubts that this is our last, they are now gone. I can't go through this again being another 2 years older than I am already!!".

I'm 30 weeks today! It feels good to be in the home stretch!

gottaknit: I have to say that I totally LOVE the name Selah. I've never heard of it before, but I think it sounds so beautiful and unique. I give it two thumbs up, for sure!! You will, however, probably have a hard time with mispronunciations...is there another spelling that might make it easier for people to pronounce? Like Seylah for example? My name was always mispronounced as a child and it drove me crazy!

Okay, time for....(insert booming announcer's voice here):

The Question of the Week: Has your nesting instinct kicked in yet?

For the last 3 weeks or so I've noticed my tolerance for messiness getting lower and lower. Normally, I'm not much of a neat freak, but lately I find myself constantly picking things up. And when I walk into a clean kitchen or bathroom, I get this sense of happiness and peace that is....well, it's a bit scary actually, lol. I'm also SO happy to be moving into our new place ASAP (Sept 1), which will give me a chance to really make it a home before Sasha arrives. Mostly I can't wait to set up my changing station. I didn't have one with Emily, and I have the most adorable diapers!!

Today I started Day 1 of my three-day carb-overload diet in preparation for my GD test on Thursday. Um...it's a bit scary but I'm just eating my usual diet and already for breakfast and the lunch I've packed I'll have had 10 of my 15 servings. Guess I'm just a carb-lover at heart. No Atkins for this mama!!!

Lucysmama: thinking of you today, please let us know how the counselling goes. And how is your precious Lucy doing?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#2 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mornin'!

Actually, Piglet, Selah was my name choice...:LOL i'm glad you like it! did you get the pronunciation? Say-la...so youlike the spelling Seylah? i like that...

good luck with the GD test...hope it's neg!!

gotta go for now, have a dr appt...i'm going every two weeks now!!

talk to you all later!!

Katie, that great that you dh agreed to counceling...i hope it goes well!
#3 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 02:09 PM

The drama of this pregnancy!!! I had contractions again last night, a lot. Like every couple minutes. Finally realized what was going on, so I got into the tub. Luckily, they went away before I had to call the midwife, but I probably had them at least an hour or 2 (at first I thought the baby was just in a weird position, took me a little while to realize it was contractions). Had my regular midwife appt this morning, and wouldn't you know it I had leukocytes and probably have another UTI...so I'm pumping the cranberry again. I was really good about taking one or two a day regularly as a preventive for a while, but I got lazy as time went on. Geez. I have never had a uti before this pregnancy. But other than that, all is well.

Katie, I hope things went well this morning, whatever exactly "well" would be at a time like this.

QOTW: Yeah I've had nesting going on here!! Piglet, I'm like you, I've become more anal about things being neat and clean (though often I am too tired to do much about it LOL).

My predictions keep changing...with all this preterm labor, I'm thinking this baby should be early and the labor should be short since I'm already 1 cm and 50% effaced...so let's say Oct 11 (or better yet, let's just say 37-38 weeks), no more than 8 hours of labor from first twinge to birth (DS was 13 hours). Oh and as for gender....I thought boy, but lately I'm thinking girl....but still, I'm gonna say BOY.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#4 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 02:25 PM

I like the spelling Seylah, too. Then you won't have people like me butchering the pronunciation!

Thanks everyone for the great descriptions of Braxton-Hicks contractions! I had one last night and realized I've been experiencing them for a couple of weeks now. I always assumed it was just the baby getting in some weird position or stretching out. It's pretty cool to be experiencing all these changes, and being able to recognize what's going on.

BH feel absolutely nothing like labor contractions, though, do they? :LOL If they do, then labor will be a cake-walk!

QOTW: Yes to the nesting. And I've been pretty snarky with DH whenever he's messy (not putting dishes straight in the dishwasher, not volunteering to sweep the floor). He keeps telling me I "live on a one-way street", and he's totally right. I'm actually the slob in this relationship! His mom told him yesterday to just do what I say, because I'm pregnant, and thus I am always right. I love my MIL!

Hope everyone's doing well. Good luck Katie with the therapy today.

I'm going in for my WinRho SDF shot today. (I'm Rh- and DH is Rh+) Not happy about it at all. : But I made sure the shot is thimerosal free.
#5 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I booked our flights today. We're heading home on the 25th!

I had to totally lie to the booking agent. What is up with airlines these days? She wouldn't let me book a one-way ticket? You'd think using up half the resources would cost less?

So, I had to lie and say we were coming back. I don't know why, but I picked Sept 22. Now I realize that I'd be 36 weeks at that point, lol. I wonder if anybody will say anything. I want to get a note from my doctor just in case anyone asks. But then it will say that I'm due 4 weeks after the supposed return flight. Sigh! I hate lying, I'm really bad at it, and now I'm nervous about being "found out", lol.

I'm feeling very tired. I had alot of sciatic nerve pain last night, on both sides. I'm using a comforter as a body pillow, and find keeping my legs elevated helps, but sleeping on my back is not as comfy. Also, having a big wad of blanket between my knees helps, too. So, truebluexf, I'm feeling your pain with the sciatic nerve stuff you posted on your thread in I'm Pregnant.

3boyz: sorry about the name mixup! Yes, I just totally love the name Selah, it is really growing on me since you said it. I think I probably would spell it with a "y" though. My name is Mariah, but it was originally spelled "Maria" (that is actually the proper spelling, it's a very old name, and used to be a man's name). Of course everybody called me "ma-ree-a" and I hated it. A few years ago I had it legally changed to be spelled with an "H", so now people get it right!

I forgot that now I'm supposed to be seen every 2 weeks by my OB. Well, I go to see my guy here next week, then I have a doc appt with my new doc in Vancouver on the 31st, so that will be 2 weeks. Perfect!

I've been having fears of premature labour. With all the plans we've got coming up, I can NOT afford to have this baby come unexpectedly!!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#6 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 02:37 PM

I am 30 weeks.

Had a mw appt. on Thursady and everything was perfect, my usual low bp, weight gain was normal for me, I as usual measured small by a couple of weeks. Everything was so good in fact that she said we could go another month before the next appt.

As long as I stay off the couch and dont sit funny my hips are causing me no problems. If I would have only known that laying on the couch which I did every day with my last 2 really makes my hips painful and un-useable I could have saved myself a lot of pain and being stoved up.

Nesting hasnt hit yet, which is really a good thing as we are still working on putting things where we want them in our new place plus painting plus my parents are selling their place so I have to get my stuff out of there plus whatever I can nab of stuff that been in the family for years. I have so much sorting and repacking to put stuff in our shed it isnt funny. I just want a nap :LOL

I am also canning and freezing a few thing a fruits or veggies come on. The baby will probaly come when the apples are ready : which will not be good timing as we have loads of apples and I want to make apple pie filling and a few other things plus get some stored for winter munching.

This labor I imagine will be just as fast and easy as the others. I think its a boy kinda, but dh is sure its a girl to go along with our other 2 girls. Poor guy is really getting out numbered. :LOL All I know is this baby is very active, didnt like the mw touching, measuring or listing to the heartbeat. :LOL I spend my days and nights getting kicked, punch and whatever all else goes on there. :LOL

We are going camping towards the middle of this month so that will be a welcome stress reliever

i have had lots of contractions but I think they where just all bh thought very intense. With all some of the heat we have had along with the fact water gives my heartburn its no doubt dehydration.

Off to do some more laundry
#7 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 02:50 PM

Hey everyone, happy Monday!

Our therapy went ok today....our therapist is a little blunt and to the point, not what I have experienced before. She basically told us we are really f*cked up. Which I know, but still....it was a little odd to have someone tell you an hour after you meet. Our therapy with her is contingent on dh also getting individual therapy and on some meds for his depression, which he has totally agreed to. We just gave her the history of our marriage and such today. She made one comment that really kinda pissed me off - she asked if we planned this pregnancy, and when I said yes, she was a little rude about it, I thought. I guess it isn't her job to be tactful. We are going to be going to her twice a week for 2 hours per session. Serious therapy work.

QOTW: I am having some nesting urges, but I have been ignoring them lately with all that is going on. My house is really dirty, which ordinarily bothers me a little, but now it makes me feel insane.

My MIL babysat my dd this morning. When she told me she gave dd a bath, I almost had a heart attack. It has been plaguing me for a week how gross my tub is - total ring around the tub yuckies! I couldn't believe she put my dd in there!!!! She calmly said, "Katie, I washed it out. It's ok." I didn't know whether to hug her and thank her or cry with embarassment at having someone see my dirty tub. I feel so hormonal!

Amy sorry about the UTI!!! Are you doing the unsweetened cranberry juice? I found that using a shotglass helped me get it down quickly and painlessly. Traditional Medicinals also makes a tea called Cran-Aid, I think...it has cranberry, uva ursi, and marshmallow in it. It tastes kinda funky, but it helped clear up my last one without antibiotics.

I've been having a real problem with eating lately. I guess it is the stress of everything, but I doubt I have been getting more than 1500 calories per day in the last week or so. I asked dh if he could please remind me to eat more. Sometimes I realize it is 5:00pm and I haven't eaten yet that day. I always thought you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat, but I have so much on my mind it is hard to focus on the baby's needs right now!
#8 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 04:03 PM

lucysmama-I am so sorry to hear about your situation- but it's great to hear that you guys have gone to see a therapist and he is willing to work on this. BTW- my friend also went through a similar situation and she said that her therapist reacted the same way- very blunt; almost bordering on rude. Maybe because they take it so very seriously??
Piglet68- congrats on getting that new place! and so quickly too. Also, good luck with that crazy test you have to take. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it sounds.
3boyz4us- love the name seylah- i also like the "y" in the spelling- where did you come up with that?? it's beautiful
QOTW- A definite NO to the nesting. This weekend we were so busy that we ended up letting the dishes just pile up. (YUCK) And when I woke up this morning, there were absolutely no clean dishes or utensils to be found :
My dd even said that the house was so disgusting that we just couldn't invite anyone over to play until we cleaned up!
But I do feel HUGE- I have already gained 25 lbs and my belly is just aching.
Anyone else having trouble shaving their legs? I remember that at about this time with my last pg I just altogether gave up and let the hair grow everywhere --- My husband just LOVED that!! I try to get at least the bottom portion of my legs in the shower but it is getting so difficult to bend over.

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#9 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM

well, i had a good appt, this am. only gained 1 lb in two weeks! maybe the wt gain is going to finally start slowing down. BP was good. he said i had, he called them, puss cells in my urine..i told him that i think i still have a yeast infection which had been going on since the beginning. so i got a script for the yeasties. hope it works. and he agreed to not do my c-section till 2 DAYS before my due date...he always wants them scheduled a week before your edd. so Piglet, you can add to the list that we get to meet our bean on Oct. 22nd!!

we are going camping, too! this thursday till sunday morning. we are going with my sister and her dh...since we have NO camping equipment...they have a 4 room tesnt and 3 air mattresses. our state fair starts thurs so we'll go to that on Fri. which is also ds #2's 5th BIRTHDAY!! can't believe he's going to be in kindergaten this year!! then Sat we'll just hang out and "camp". looking forward to it.

thanks for all the input on my name question. i didn't get much of a response from dh when i mentioned it, not like when i mentioned Trinity, anyway. i still like that name...:

sunshinegal...actually Piglet suggested the "y" in the spelling so pronunciation wouldn't get butchered. and the name itself is from two different places...it's a word that is used in the Bible a lot in Psalms, it's actually a musical term to indicate a rest and music is big part of our life...but the actual definiton is "lift up, exalt". the other place is one our new favorite Christian music groups is called "Selah".

ETA: forgot to answer the QOTW (again!)....there are no nesting feelings here...i don't ususally get much nesting when i'm pregnant...nothing significant anyway.
#10 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 05:23 PM

Just got back form having lunch with a friend. It was so nice to get out of the house and have a bit of time to myself.

QOTW: I think I am starting to get the nesting urges. There is a bunch of stuff I want to just get out of the house. I am always diligent about keeping a clean house, not anal, but it is important to me. Helps me to feel like I am on top of things. My mother is a "clean freak" so i am sure I picked up some of this from her.

I am feeling better from last Friday. I still feel contractions every now and then but not the pressure. I am so thankful. I am taking it a bit more easy though. I am looking forward to seeing my dr and talking to him about it. He is an older dr. with lots of experience and he never overeacts. I just love him!

Lucysmama---hugs.

3boyz4us---I love the name. I think you done good
#11 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 06:54 PM

Hello All - it is Monday and Dh is off work so I just had another 2 hour nap! That is three days in a row now, what am I gonna do when DH goes to work tomorrow???

Piglet, awsome new on the apartment front. Sounds like a great place. Our condo is about the same size, maybe 100square feet bigger but only 1 bathroom. It is great for keeping "stuff" to a minimum. If I had a bigger place I'd have it just as full as this one so sometimes smaller is better in my opinion!

Lucysmama, I'm happy to hear that you and DH have acted so quickly in seeking counselling. You are one strong woman that is all I can say. And thank goodness for your MIL, she sounds just great... I wish someone would clean out our shower stall - it is just plain disgusting!

Truebluef, here's hoping that uti gets under control quickly. I'm in the same boat with yoghurt as you are with the cranberry juice. If I miss a day or two of yoghurt the yeasties start rearing their ugly head. So I make a point of having at least one serving per day and so far so good.

We are also heading camping next weekend although it will be more country living than camping. It is an organized weekend with my friend's church. They call it family camp and we stay in a big cabin instead of tents with kitchen and bathroom facilities. Sounds just about my speed these days. Oh yes, and we have bunk beds too!! Much better thsn air matresses on the floor as far as I am concerned

QOTW: Yes, my nesting instinct has kicked in. I wish I had as much energy as I need to follow through with all the plans I have. There are so many nooks and cranys around here that need decluttering. I did go through our bookshelf and weeded out lots of books that I know we won't read again. Now I just have to get rid of them!

Anyone drinking Red Rasberry Leaf Tea? I am trying to but don't rember to drink it every day. It is more likely that I drink 3 cups 2 or 3 times a week. Do you think that is worthwhile or do I really need to drink it everyday to see results?
#12 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 07:56 PM

I keep hearing about Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, but I have no idea what it is supposed to do.... Anyone care to enlighten me? I love tea in general, so if this is something I should be drinking I will!
#13 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I keep hearing about Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, but I have no idea what it is supposed to do.... Anyone care to enlighten me? I love tea in general, so if this is something I should be drinking I will!
RRL tones the uterus.

I take RRL in capsuls as I dont care the tatse of it in tea. I keep forgetting to be taking it :
#14 of 116 Old 08-09-2004, 08:20 PM

29wks 1 day

Feeling sluggish myself here. I have had it great so far...so I'm not complaining too much. I had my 28 appointment on Friday and now I start going every 2 wks!! Woo Hoo!! So happy the end is insight!

QOTW: I have gone as far as all of Alex's clothes are washed and put in his drawers, diaper bag packed, coming home outfit picked out. I feel the need this time to be ready..especially with a 3 yo demanding little girl..lol

I'm saying I'm going one-two weeks early...wishful thinking on my part..lol How does Oct 14th sound? Hoping for a easy, natural VBAC...labor 5 hrs. I'm sure I'll change my mind.
#15 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 07:33 AM

Yeah, I'm drinking Red Rasberry Leaf tea!!! I had a horrible time remembering to drink it, too, until I made a weekly pot of iced tea. After reading about so many women who had minimal bleeding after birth and attributed it to the RRL tea, I'm drinking it in earnest! I remember reading somewhere that if you drink too much, it will REALLY tone the uterus and could cause early labor. By too much, I think it was around 8 or more cups a day??? So, I'm sticking to 2 cups.

QOTW: Nesting? Wanting a ceiling in my kitchen - is that nesting??? Oh, and cabinets to put dishes in? That would be nice! LOL! My dh and I are working so hard on renovating our house, I guess that could be considered nesting. After this weekend I'm really taking it easy. I was putting baseboards on the upstairs bedrooms, the final touch, and boy, am I ready for squatting during birth!!!
#16 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 10:29 AM

Amy (and everyone), I found this info on UTIs:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T011500.asp#T011506

"COPING WITH URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS (UTI'S)

A full bladder competes for pelvic space with a growing uterus. Urinary tract, bladder or kidney infections may result. Many women will have at least one episode at some time during their pregnancy. The symptoms of a urinary tract infection (UTI) or bladder infection (cystitis) include: painful urination, burning on urination, increased urgency and frequency of urination, lower abdominal or pelvic pain, and possibly blood in the urine. Sometimes the infection can spread upward into the kidneys (called pyelonephritis), causing severe back pain, fever, chills, rapid heart rate, vomiting, and a generally very ill feeling. Urinary tract infections are treated with a combination of self-help and medicine prescribed by your doctor:

* To lessen your chances of getting UTI's, drink extra fluids. Cranberry juice in particular is thought to kill bacteria in the urine.
* Don't hold onto your urine; go as soon as you feel the urge.
* Empty your bladder thoroughly at each urination by triple voiding: urinate once, wait about ten seconds, urinate again, and then a third time.
* Empty your bladder before and after intercourse.
* Wear loose-fitting underwear, pantyhose, and slacks.
* Keep your regularly scheduled prenatal appointments in which your doctor will routinely check your urine for signs of infection.
* If you suspect you have a bladder or kidney infection, have your urine checked immediately. Oftentimes, your doctor can detect a UTI immediately with routine urinalysis; sometimes an overnight culture is needed. Some women will grow bacteria in their urine even without symptoms (called asymptomatic bacteriuria), and this condition increases the chances of getting UTI's. To screen for this, your doctor may perform frequent urine cultures as part of your prenatal care.
* If you have a urinary tract infection, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic that is safe for you to take while pregnant. The type and the duration of the antibiotic will depend upon the severity of your UTI and your stage of pregnancy. Improperly treated UTI's increase the risk of having a problem pregnancy or premature delivery. "

I have a friend who delivered 6 wks early (alone, in her bathroom) due to a severe UTI, of which she was unaware. I keep battling these infections, as well. After this situation w/ my friend, I have them check my urine at EVERY appt. Guess I'm paranoid, but I'd like Baby Cookie to bake comfortably to full term, yaknow?
Pig, great news on the apartment!
Katie, I'm go glad to hear things moving in a positive direction for you guys. Hugs to you!
Nesting? Well, I guess if I had more energy, I'd be nesting. The clutter and mess of living w/ a toddler in a small house is starting to really bother me, but I just can't seem to do much about it. We need to get a bureau or dresser for Baby Cookie, so I have somewhere to put all her teeny tiny clothes. So far, I just keep stacking boxes in the corner. :
Feeling like a furnace lately, really hot all the time. But otherwise pretty good. Hope you all are feeling round and sassy, too!
#17 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

30 w, 1 day

Good morning, ladies!

3boyz: sounds like you are just going to have to inform your DH that *we* have decided the baby's name will be Seylah! :LOL (now watch it be another boy, lol).

trueblue: glad the contractions weren't anything more serious than a UTI, not that those are fun, but at least it isn't preterm labour! Keep chugging that cranberry, or you can buy capsules of powdered cranberry in health food stores. Also, always pee right after having sex. And drink lots of water so that you pee alot and keep that bladder flushing through.

gottaknit: I realized that I, too, have been having BH. I had a LOT of them yesterday. I agree, if that was labour it's a cinch, lol. Somehow I think labour is alot worse!!

I wonder how our TWIN mamas are doing: gmvh and guinessinu...?

momto l&a: my mother is also moving out of her house of 23 years and downsizing to a small condo. We are also getting lots of stuff from her, and sorting through stuff. We did alot when we were last in town, but I'll probably be doing more of it when we get there. Well, for the first time in ages we WANT some stuff (as opposed to always getting rid of stuff), so it will help to fill up our new space a bit.

Lucysmama: I'm so happy that you guys are going twice a week...it's really important and I'm sure you will benefit hugely. I guess it is harsh that she basically said you guys are messed up, but maybe she thought it would help motivate your DH a bit, or prepare you for the work ahead. DH and I did some couples therapy when we got engaged, on the advice of my stepmum who is a social worker/Imago therapist. She always says couples should work on their communication skills *before* things go awry. Our counsellor gave us exercises to do together and it helped us feel like partners on the same team, kwim? I hope you and your DH get that feeling, too. Like you are working together to solve a problem, not on opposite sides. Oh, and I had to smile at your bathtub story. I'm afraid I don't get our tub clean as often as I would like to, it's a tough job when you are this PG! And DH, bless his heart, tries to help but the man has no concept of "clean" so I end up re-doing it anyways. When we have company coming over, the first thing I do is clean the tub b/c I'm embarrassed about the ring! (and the water here is so hard, I find it rings up really fast!). I also know what you mean about eating: when I'm going through a very stressful time I tend to not eat much. Just take a supplement or multivitamin to keep your mind at ease, and don't stress too much about it.

Happy camping to all you heading to the great outdoors! I'm jealous! DH bought a tent yesterday (only $17 at WalMart, lol) and set it up in the living room. Needless to say, DD is having a ball with it, and it's been a great plaything for her.

Okay, so on to my latest stupid PG hormones drama...

Yesterday the rental agent emailed us some photos of our new apartment. There is a gorgeous view from our balcony...but the apt faces North and there is no direct sunlight. Perhaps it was just the photos, but it looked dark. The decor is not the most aesthetically-pleasing either. I suppose we've been spoiled living in modern apartments, but I'm already decorating-challenged as it is, and the colours are stumping me. Last night I began to panic and thinking I should call the guy and cancel. I had visions of being cooped up with two kids in a dark apartment, suffereing from Seasonal Affective Disorder (I really need brightness in my life!), and being surrounded by ugly colours, mixed up furniture, etc. This morning I was tempted to call the whole thing off, but also knew in my heart I was being irrational. I told DH how I felt, and said "tell me if you think I'm being crazy". Well, he gently said "yes, you are being crazy", lol. So I thought about it some more and realized that there's no reason I can't make this place a nice home...I just need some decorating help! So I posted a thread in TAO asking for tips, and when we move in I'll spend some time at Home Depot looking for some colour schemes I can work with. Hopefully I can pick up some cheap lighting and stuff at Ikea and brighten the place up a bit.

My other drama is physical: I actually went home early from work yesterday for the first time in months. Being at home with DD is not a rest, but I just couldn't stay here yesterday. I was exhausted and felt drained of all energy/motivation. I hurt/ache all over it seems, and I was feeling very hot/flushed. My stamina is down to a bare minimum, thank goodness I only have two more weeks of work! The way I feel these days, there is no way I could have another baby in two more years. Which is fine b/c I always envisioned two. But DH and I had talked about "maybe 3". Well, there's no more "maybe" for me, lol.

#18 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 12:52 PM

QOTW: Nesting? Yes! Trying to get everything "ready" (ha!) before school starts on August 23rd. So, it's probably coming from necessity more than instinct...I am with some of you, though, I'm fully annoyed with a dirty floor, or dirty dishes left on the counter. Not normal for me! I also started making some food to freeze - I feel a little crazy doing it so soon, but it makes me feel good!

No BH for me yet, but man this baby gets stronger every day. It's so amazing, I love it.

Thanks for the RRL tea advice, I'll have to pick some up today!

Lucysmama, hang in there. If you can, get with some girlfriends. These boards are great, but nothing builds up girlpower more than really being with some women!!

I finally had some physical drama! (I know I jinxed myself for feeling lucky about not having anything major going on...) I had mastitis!! I know, usually only happens in nursing women. But somehow, some bacteria got up in there and I had a swollen, red, hard, PAINFUL boob. YOWCH. Had to go to the emergency room and get put on antibiotics, which I hate. But, between this turning into a huge infection and being on antibiotics, I had to make a choice. Besides that, I've had some pubic pain (yowch, too!) But nothing too dreadful. Well, actually this bout with mastitis was pretty dreadful, I have to admit.

Mandi, good luck with the house repairs. Don't overdo! I know how fun it is, though...IMO.

Piglet, have fun choosing colors! From my experience, blues and greens are hard to "get right." I've had good luck with more earthy tones, plus they're cheery and soothing. I have a golden yellow kitchen which I LOVE. Our living room, bathroom, and "baby's" room are all log walls which makes things very dark, so we have light colored curtains, lots of lamps, and whitish ceilings which helps a lot!

Last night "my dogs were barkin'!" (read: my feet hurt bad) so I soaked them in an aromatherapy foot soak while I read a magazine, wrapped them up in a fluffy towel, slathered them with lotion, and slept in cotton socks. Ohhhhhh, are they happy and pretty this morning - run, don't walk, and get yourselves some foot-soak-stuff and do this!! All you mamas deserve it!
#19 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 12:54 PM

Hey mama's!
Checking in from the library! Our connection at our new place isn't up and running yet. Moving sucked on Sat. It was a nightmare for Miles and I. I had so much round ligament pain, it hurt to stand, and Miles wanted to help the "MEN" and was pretty freaked out. We both ended up having huge meltdowns balling and such. Absolute hell. Life is slowly coming back to normal. Off to NYC tomorow to be my sis maid of honor. We'll be back on Monday. NOt to excited about it, hopefully my attitude will change
3boys, I really dig the name

Lucysmama~ I haven't been checking in much, or following the boards, but I have been thinking about you sister, and devoting alot of energy and love your way! I'm so sorry!
You need to shimmy to your local regency theater on Sunday night to see phish broadcast their last night playing together!

THe skin on my lower abdomin is so tender right now. Really strange. I went to the Chiropractor yesterday, amazingly I have reamained balance.

love mama's

check in next week!
#20 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 01:46 PM

Hey mamas!

Our computer is needing some repairs or something--its pretty screwed up. So I won't be checking in for a bit till it gets fixed.

HOpe you all have a great week!
#21 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 02:15 PM

Hi Everyone. I'm having a tough week. We're considering firing our midwife and getting a new one. I posted a thread ("Frustrated with my Midwife") about it in the Homebirth forum. If any of you would like to read it and tell me if I'm just being a hormonal wreck or if my feelings are justified, I'd appreciate it.

I'd also just like to say that those maternity store sales people who say "our maternity clothes are designed to grow with you during pregnancy" are full of crap. Those tiny elastic low-rise panels that are supposed to slide under my belly and support it are cutting off my circulation! Apparently someone forgot to tell them that women's hips get bigger, too, not just their bellies! :LOL

Hope you're all doing well!
#22 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 04:15 PM

Okay I finally have enough energy to post. Logan and I slept REALLY late today- after getting up at 5:30 to have some cereal. I have felt like I have no stamina as well lately - so I bought some of those Rainbow lite prenatals (cause I had stopped taking them after the 1st trimester) to build up my iron like Beansmomma suggested. So, I think they're kinda helping, I feel good today for a change, but I also had lots of sleep.

I hear ya Nancy on the maternity clothes issues. I outgrew my pricy Old Navy capris that were supposed to grow with me. I finally broke down and bought some panel jeans from the evil Motherhood store. I swore I wasn't going to buy anymore maternity clothes. But I can't wear jogging pants everywhere.

Okay, I have a TMI question: How much discharge is normal? I know it's been discussed, but I've forgotten what was said already. I'm starting to worry that maybe it's yeast, even though I don't have those classic symptoms. Well, I start to feel irritated from all the constant wiping. Someone help me!

QOTW: I don't think I have the nesting feeling quite yet. I still do normal cleaning stuff, like always. I scrubbed my bathtub yesterday Toys and things scattered everywhere don't really bother me so much though, cause I'm too tired to pick them up.

Piglet-congrats on the apartment, don't worry, it'll be fine. You can always move again later, if it doesn't work out. You can get that broad spectrum lighting or whatever it's called. That will be fun decorating a new place.

Momadance- sorry the moving sucked so much, at least it's over though. Have fun in NYC!

And Lucysmama- I'm still thinking about you too! I'm so glad you guys are going to therapy already. I really hope things work out.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#23 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnjenny
I had mastitis!! I know, usually only happens in nursing women. But somehow, some bacteria got up in there and I had a swollen, red, hard, PAINFUL boob. YOWCH. Had to go to the emergency room and get put on antibiotics, which I hate.
Jenny, how painful! And odd, if you don't mind me saying so, to have this happen before your milk "comes in". I'm wondering if you might be prone to plugged ducts, so wanted to share this info w/ you. Once the baby arrives and you start nursing (if that is the route you choose), you might want to keep this info in the back of your mind, so you know what to look for. It's rather common to get a plugged duct or two in the early days of nursing, but w/ proper care it doesn't have to turn into mastitis. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info or anything, I'm a LLL leader and happy to help.

http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/mastitis.html
"Whether coping with a sore breast, a plugged duct or a breast infection, the initial care is similar. Nurse frequently, rest and apply heat to the tender area.

* Frequent nursings serve to provide comfort, reduce inflammation and encourage opening the blocked area. Mothers find that varying breastfeeding positions drains all areas of the breast more effectively. For example, if you most commonly use the cradle hold, try the clutch (“football”) hold or lying down to breastfeed. (Please note that it is a common myth that it is unhealthy for the baby to breastfeed when the mother has a breast infection. This is definitely not true. The antibacterial properties of human milk protect the baby from infection.)
* Rest is an important component in recovery from sore breasts, plugged ducts or breast infections. To do this, try resting in bed with baby cuddled next to you. This will also encourage frequent breastfeeding sessions to drain the breast. Keep supplies such as diapers, toys, books, the telephone, a glass and a pitcher of water nearby to minimize trips out of bed.
* Applying wet or dry heat with a heating pad or hot water bottle and gently massaging the sore area of the breast before breastfeeding can assist the breast in further emptying. Many mothers find that taking showers or baths and gently massaging with a warm cloth on the sore breast is a relaxing treatment during a stressful time. Another technique is to lean over a basin of warm water and soak the sore breast for about 10 minutes three times a day. This will also remove any dried milk secretions that may be blocking the flow of milk out of the nipple. Breastfeed immediately, while the breast is warm, to help unplug the blocked duct."

http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/repeatmastitis.html
#24 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 05:12 PM

Just have a min to post, but CourtneyandLogan..i think i have had a yeast infection since day one!! i did do a 7 day treatment at around 16 wks and it helped, but then "things" felt sooo good that i gave itno dh's lovin' and 2-3 days later i started to get the same discharge as before i did the treatment...and i have never really had any classic symptoms of yeast either until the last couple weeks or more...things just feel irritated down there and sex is way painful, it burns! so i told him yesterday that i still think i have one and he gave me another script...hopefully it helps and that it won't come back right away after intercourse again...but to answer your question, i know that it is common to have an increase in discharge while pg...mine was *very* yellow and chunky or clumpy, no odor really, at least not offensive like a bacterial infection. i'd get it checked out, don't let it go on like it did. hope you get it figured out!
#25 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 05:27 PM

Karin, thanks so much for the information. I'll definitely be more aware of any pain or funny twinges from now on. It started out as a very sore nipple, and then progressed. I know, very odd...I'm trying not to be too freaked out by it. Now that I know you're a LLL leader, I'll keep you in mind for advice! Thanks again,

CourtneyandLogan, can't help you with the yeast infection thing, but get it checked out before it becomes bad and you're miserable - like I did with my poor breast!
#26 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

The discharge issue rings a bell here, too. I've been wearing pantiliners daily (cloth ones, no waterproofing). I seem to have a lot and it seems to be kinda sticky. It smells strange, but not too bad. And of course, like the rest of you, I have no other symptoms, no itchiness or irritation or anything. So I haven't done anything about it. I suppose I'll mention it to my doc, but then what can he do other than prescribe meds? Is there anything wrong with allowing it to run it's course or should I be more proactive on this?

gottaknit: I so hear you on the maternity clothes. I've "outgrown" two pairs of pants now. The ones I have on today are so comfy: they are from Mimi Maternity and instead of a front big panel they have two side panels in the same colour and you can barely notice them, so I don't have to wear huge moo-moo shirts. I've learned that you must definitely buy maternity pants in a stretchy material, b/c yes my hips HAVE grown alot!!

momadance I'm so sorry to hear the move went so badly for you and Miles! I can't believe you have to haul off to a wedding now. That is so the LAST thing I would feel like doing. I'm a big slug now, and have been surfing most of the day instead of working. I have just lost all motivation for work. Thank goodness I only have 14 days left!!

#27 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 06:10 PM

I outgrew my clothes in my third trimester last pregnancy...it sucked. I remember those panels digging in to my pubic bone! Ouch! This time, I got a pair of blue yoga pants, and a pair of black ones. That's all I wear...but you can definitely dress the black ones up or down. They are SOOOOOOOOO comfy, and I know there is no way I will outgrow them!
#28 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 06:41 PM

31 weeks here...

re: yeast -- I've been feeling like I'm fighting the start of a yeast infection too ... I haven't actually had any discharge, but just a general irritible feeling down there. I use a witchhazel/EO blend (TTO, lavender and rose geranium) that I squirt on those little cotton pads that are usually used for makeup or whatever, and I wipe w/ that after each time I potty. Also taking Acidiphilous (sp?) ... if it doesn't get better, I'll be trying the Acidiphilous capsules internally, that can really help too. Just some ideas for non-invasive, non-antibiotic ways that might help for those of you that might not want to get a script. Yogurt (w/ live cultures) can help too.

Nesting -- well, maybe a bit ... but I'm *so* tired lately ... the smallest project seems to wear me out for the next day! I'm taking my prenatals, a B complex, and am about to start extra iron b/c I just can't figure out why I'm struggling so badly. We did finally buy the crib that we're going to side car, and I feel better knowing that we have that. Also a new dresser that will be our changing table. Can anyone say "Ikea"? :LOL

Maternity Clothes -- they suck. You know, what are these people thinking??? Non-pregnant, I'm certainly not *skinny* ... but I'm no large / xlarge ... and I'm needing large and xlg shirts to cover my belly now. What do people that do usually wear larges do for maternity? It sucks! I hate having to buy new clothes when I know I'm only going to need a few more weeks wear out of them (esp. b/c we're not planning any more pregnancies...) My cami/shelf-bra/tank thingies I've had to replace w/ larges b/c my belly was poking out from underneath. Fortunately, I was able to find a few on Ebay for pretty cheap, so I'm not too bitter. But it's still a PITB.

ok, rant over. can you tell I'm slightly annoyed about all that? *lol*
#29 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 06:57 PM

Maternity clothes again: I bought some new stuff on gap.com last week on sale that is super cheap and actually long enough to cover my belly. (Must remember to wash on cold!)

Check it out:

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?w...35&wpid=240291

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?w...30&wpid=240268

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?w...35&wpid=231565
#30 of 116 Old 08-10-2004, 07:03 PM

I'm definitely having a lot of discharge, too. It smells a little funny, but not too strong. No other symptoms. Yeah, be sure to let me know if I should be more concerned!

So, I'm not the only one that is completely exhausted?!! I just can't figure out why - maybe the baby is going through growth spurts? Some days I'll wake up, make breakfast, shower, and then just fall back in bed. I don't know how you Mamas do it all with a toddler! You're amazing!

bluehalo - let me know if you have tips on setting up the crib as a side car when you come to it. We're going to try the same thing, but I've never done it before. Don't know if we'll use the crib exclusively or never, but at least we have the option. We're both a little hesitant about rolling over on the baby or just laying there, not falling asleep, because we'll be too nervous about the baby. We're just going to play it by ear.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page