Preg Pity Party; Table for 1? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate being a whiner, esp about such a blessed thing as growing a baby, but today I am FULL of pg complaints and don't want to unload them on dh and ds all day. So may I throw a pity party? Anyone's invited . . . there's room!

I'm 33 weeks now and last night was my first TRULY uncomfortable night. I went to bed at 12:30 and woke at 4 when I heard ds screaming in the other room (yes, 3 yo now waking like a newborn -- at least dh handles it!). Then I was awake. DONE. No more sleeping. Just

hips aching
back screaming
acid refluxing
nose stopped up
bladder squished
baby hiccupping and cartwheeling
stomach empty and hungry
but then burning heartburn with every bite
mouth parched and dry
round ligaments seizing
calves and thighs charlie-horsing
and WIDE AWAKE.

Around 7 am I fell asleep again until 8:30. Woo hoo!

I swear, I LOVED being pg last time -- LOVED IT! Didn't want it to end. This time I have every complaint in the book and I don't know if I can hang on another 7 weeks! Gosh, it's SO unattractive to complain, but this is HARD this time! I feel thoroughly beaten up.

Anyone else need to unload?

I'll be back -- ds calls to nurse. Did I mention I have a cracked nipple and STILL an excruciating latch?!?!?
#2 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 02:00 PM

Lately it's been pretty bad for me too. I can't get comfortable anywhere. And if I do, then it's time to get up and pee. Ds has a cold (which I woke up w/ today) - so he's been waking like a newborn again. I started passing a kidney stone on Thursday night (they run in my family, long story) so I have all those symptoms to heap on top of the ones you mentioned. I'm getting to the point that my anxiety about having a newborn again is heavily outweighed by my desire to have a normal body again. Oh and all of my underwear feels to small now and my thighs are sticking together, ugh. I feel so gross.

I can't wait till September so I can say "next month it will be over."

Thanks for posting this, somehow it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. I think Dh kinda blows me off cause he's got aches and pains of his own.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#3 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Oy, move over and make room for me! Not feeling too too bad today, but man overall, the discomfort of going to bed, the insomnia, DS waking a lot, the preterm labor and physical restrictions, sitting around the house watching too much tv with DS, feeling suffocated when I sit comfortably on the couch or a chair, gaining so much weight and feeling fat with cottage cheese thighs.....is that enough complaining??

10.5 weeks to go....though I'm counting on only 7.5....or even 7....as long as the baby is 36 weeks I think I can convince the mw to deliver here at home, esp since DS was no petite child...I could easily still have a 6+ pounder that early.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#4 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, thank GOODNESS I don't have to wallow alone! Was starting to feel like a loner on top of all the physical complaints!

Courtney, that sounds AWFUL! Passing a kidney stone?!?! That is SO unfair. And a cold to boot. I think you win the award for the most suffering today. I hope those things clear up soon so you can "just" be pregnant!

And truebluexf, I'm with you on the weight gain . . . looks like this'll be another 50lb pregnancy, at the rate I'm going, and I'm only 5'2"! And yes, sitting ANYWHERE is uncomfortable -- my latest invention has been sitting on the floor on my meditation cushion, legs crossed, and leaning onto the birth ball. Of course after a while of that I'm stuck there and dh has to help me up!

I also need to get as close to 37 wks as possible to have a homebirth, so it's hard to want it to be over and KNOW that the baby has to stay in there a while longer, huh?

You guys hang in there. Keep posting if you need to vent. I know I felt INSTANTLY better when I saw your two posts! Misery really does love company, it appears!

Here's to some babies arriving RIGHT at 37 weeks!
#5 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 04:00 PM

I'd join you guys but after reading all that you are experiencing I guess I don't have it so bad! I just the typical no more room in there syndrome lately and sometimes with the fullness and BH I swear Oakley is trying to burst his way out (and not the conventional way, I am talking about the Alien through the belly way :LOL).

Hang in there guys.
#6 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 07:43 PM

Ok, this is a really gross complaint... But sometimes now when I bend over to pick something up, I vomit a little into my mouth. Yech!! :Puke What the heck is that about? It's like my stomach is just so squished up, that the tiniest amount of pressure makes everything come back up.

I found a mystery roll of film and took it in to get developed. It's our pictures from last summer's vacation. I look so thin and tan! I wanna wear skinny capri pants again! I didn't realize how fat my face has gotten until I saw these old pictures.

Ahhh.... You're right. That does feel better.
#7 of 16 Old 08-15-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaknit
Ok, this is a really gross complaint... But sometimes now when I bend over to pick something up, I vomit a little into my mouth. Yech!! :Puke What the heck is that about? It's like my stomach is just so squished up, that the tiniest amount of pressure makes everything come back up.

Omigod, me too!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#8 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 03:08 AM

Ok, I wanna come sit at the table....but only if the chairs are really big and comfy and they serve baked goods.

If you'll notice my post time, it is now 2:01am where I am. I can't sleep. My back is killing me, the baby is rolling and poking me whenever it doesn't like my position, my nightgown kept getting all twisted up, my toddler kept kicking me, I hate my husband for being off in dreamland somewhere while I deal with all this, I'm hungry but nothing sounds good, and I had to pee. :

So I just had to get up. Otherwise, I was going to freak out and start crying and wake up my toddler. I am so glad I logged on here and saw your posts....it's nice to vent to you guys at this Pity Party.

BTW, if they come to take our order while I'm off peeing, I'm having chocolate cake and a big freakin glass of milk.
#9 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 08:45 AM

Ooo, can I join?

I feel fat, and ugly and gross! I have NEVER weighed this much in my entire life! Aaargh I am so worried that I won't lose the weight after the baby is born and will just keep getting fatter and fatter with each baby.

I am so sick of every time I cough or sneeze, leaking pee! And, I am sick of peeing all the time. As soon as I get comfortable. I have to pee!

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#10 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 09:59 AM

Is there room for a very tired and grumpy momma?

It's almost 6 in the morning and I've been awake since 3am. I am exhausted but I can't get back to sleep.

My back is killing me.
My feet and hands are so swollen.
I can not get comfortable, anywhere.
I haven't stopped sweating since May.
I have outgrown all but 2 of my maternity pants (and I can't afford to buy more clothes just to wear for 7 more weeks).
I'm either so full I'm busting or ravenous. No in between.
My sinuses are all swollen.
Baby does not seem to understand that 3 o'clock in the morning is not the appropriate time to be doing his in utero acrobatic routine.

Oh, and did I mention I am so freakin tired!

I'm going to go back to bed and see if I can get a couple of hours of sleep in before Alias wakes up and wants mummy to get out of bed to make him breakfast. Maybe if I just leave the cereal, milk and a bowl on the kitchen floor he can help himself .
#11 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 10:29 AM

Ok I'm back at the table. For good it seems!!! I just got a call from my MW. My urine test from Friday came back negative...which means that either the Cranactin I was taking helped kill off the UTI by the time I took the test (if you remember, my original urine test was contaminated and void) OR I never had a UTI to begin with this time, and the contractions are unexplained. Scary. I'm to keep taking Cranactin the rest of the pg now, and finish my antibiotics just in case so I don't end up with superbacteria. SOOOOO....now I am on no sex, no exercise, no major anything, take it easy, rest until I hit 36-37 weeks. Argh!!!! This pregnancy sucks!!! This had better be one cute kid....:LOL

Oh Courtney...a kidney stone? I hear that is like giving birth...so you get to do it twice in one nin-month period!!!!

I'm so hot too, I can't even take DS out to play...he has stopped asking....

So I guess I better hit Walmart and stock up on DVD's for DS??? We've watched Willy Wonka (his new fave) about a hundred times already...

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#12 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 10:36 AM

Do you have room for one more???

Physically, I'm still doing okay, despite the occasional "pain in my arse" (damn sciatica), the all night hip flipping trying to get comfy in bed, mild heartburn, no sleep, constant peeing....

It's all the emotional stuff I'm having a hard time with lately. I'm starting to get panicky about mothering 3 kids. Lately, I have had zero patience with the 2 I have. I think to myself, what the he!! am I thinking adding another to the mix??? and of course that starts the downward spiral of sadness and guilt. Yesterday I wanted to change my name to anything but mommy, and run away from home. It doesn't help that DH has been working overtime lately inorder to take more time off when the baby comes.

Grrrrr...

I'm off to drink another cup of hot tea...baby might not need the caffeine...but this mama *really* needs it.
#13 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 01:30 PM

(((big hugs))) all 'round the table

I so hear you guys, but like so many of you have mentioned, I feel so ... I dunno ... ungrateful, or something, complaining. We've had such a mellow, uneventful pregnancy, and everything seems to be going well ... that to moan and groan IRL ... I guess I feel like people are just secretly (or not) rolling their eyes telling me I should be counting my blessings.

Anyway, it's so good to have a place to let it out when I need to. Right now I'm actually feeling ok ... just the minor discomforts that have mostly been mentioned (like the indigestion so bad that I sometimes have the little bits of vomit in my mouth ... eeeeew!!!) ... mostly I just feel like there's no more room! I don't feel huge, but I feel like me and the baby are totally squished together, I wish my uterus would go ahead and expand some more and give us both a bit of breathing room! This baby feels so much more *inside* of me than I remember feeling with Ethan. It was like when I was pregnant w/ Ethan, someone just popped a uterus w/ a baby inside of it onto my body ... this time, it feels like someone dug a hole, squished my insides around, and fit the majority of the uterus *in* my bodily cavity (am I making *any* sense? *lol*). I feel this baby kicking all around my insides, places where I don't even think of as my uterus being. It's so weird.

OK, enough whining from me.
#14 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 01:36 PM

T breathe? You're an October mama? You haven't been hangin out with us.

Well.....after cycle class I felt like I wasn't going to get off the floor after stretching....ondering if I need to make an appt with the PT. My butt, my lower back, my hip?

I did *a lot* of complaining ttc so I'm trying to be thankful. It hurt tho....
#15 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. This party's getting big! Now I feel bad that there are so many uncomfortable mamas out there!

Lucysmama and mirthfulmom, I am with you on the insomnia. It is SO unjust! I am now waking every morning at 4 and am just awake and in pain. Last night I actually had to ice my back while I lay there (I apparently have tendonitis in my glutes -- FUN!). I just tell myself to rest and try not to worry. And sure enough, around 7 am I'm ready to sleep some more. Thank god I have the best dh in the world and he's letting me sleep till 8:30 each day and then going into work late. Tonight when I'm lying there awake, I'll be thinking of you guys!

ameliabedelia, I agree that the weight is harder to accept this time. Last pg I didn't care at all -- in fact, used it as an excuse to really overeat -- but this time I am barely eating more than when I'm not pg and I seem to be gaining the same amount of weight. What's that about? And I have this INSANE idea that as soon as the baby is born I'll start working it off, but if anything, it'll be WAY harder than last time to carve out exercise time for myself. Thank heavens for breastfeeding!

truebluexf, that sucks! I'm so sorry about the restrictions. Even as crappy as I feel, the no sex part would probably set me right over the edge . . . that increased libido seems to be the only thing going for me right now! Hang in there!

Soogie, I'm struggling with the same worries, only about adding a second. I literally have to force them from my mind, I would spiral downward into the baby blues before the baby even gets here! But I know myself and I know what's going to be hard for me (last time I was worried about my marriage and I was right -- we took a big hit) and this time I fear I am going to be pushed off the deep end with trying to meet everyone's needs, incl my own. There's no way around it but through it, right, so I'm just trying to surrender and KNOW that I'll get my butt KICKED, but I'll recover. You will too!

bluehalo, I also cannot believe how squished we are with still so much time to go! (Apparently no one else can either -- if one more person says, "Are you SURE you aren't having TWINS?!?!" Argh!!) I find myself really annoyed by all the wiggling and pushing and poking and proddin in there. And then I feel terribly guilty and make a conscious effort to say a little prayer of gratitude that my baby is *alive*. I say to myself, "It's a GOOD thing the baby is moving. It's a GOOD thing!"

and wannabmommie, it was nothing personal that I never joined the Oct thread. . . I just don't come to MDC that often anymore, and there are SO many Oct mamas, I couldn't keep up with the chats! (BTW, are you gonna change your username when you ARE Mommy?!?!)

Not to turn this into a lovefest, but I just want to acknowledge what a special place this is, that we all can come here and be honest and unload and not only does no one try to offer unsolicited advice, but everyone here understands the contradictions of motherhood -- that you can be blissfully happy and grateful AND annoyed and stressed at the same time. I don't take that lightly, bc it seems IRL that is SO hard to come by. People either think you're happy as a mother or you're not, and EVERYONE, EVERYONE, EVERYONE is so damn full of suggestions! I love it that total strangers can come to this virtual forum and offer empathetic listening with no judgement. Thanks to all of you for that!

And everyone rest well . . . may your night be full of sleep, absent of reflux, and may your bladder be calm! Hugs all around!!!
#16 of 16 Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 PM

YEAH!!!! I got some more! Reflux!!!! Me too!!! And I'm tired of peein!!!!!! And, what is my child doing...its not very comfortable for mama. As long as there are no vagina shots. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page