Proudly AP 10/08
MamaEmerald 10/08
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa?
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Hi everybody! Sorry this is a bit late getting started today. DD woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 4:30 am, lol. I stayed up with her until 7 am when DH woke up, then I went back to bed!

Today I am 31 weeks. AND...it's my last week at work!! I'm getting really excited about being a SAHM again. DD is just getting to be so much fun to hang out with - she's so talkative and adorable.

Question of the Week: okay people, you're going to have to help me out here. I can't think of a thing. First person to post a question gets to set the QOTW!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mornin'!

Piglet....yeah on the homestretch of working!!

i looked at all you guys' pictures last night...how much fun was that! it's so cool to put faces to everyones name! i will try and get a picture up sometime. i'm grungin' it today while doing laundry from camping, so proly won't take any pictures today...:LOL maybe i'll get some up of the boys. oh, and i *won't* being doing a nakey belly shot...TOOOOOOO many stretch marks!! (thank you, 10 lb 7oz ds#2... )

k, Piglet, how's this question.....What is your favorite and most annoying type of baby movement?

for me, i love the rolling movements and the definite kicks....most annoying are hiccups and whatever those spastic things they do in there.
#3 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 02:02 PM

Yeah Piglet!!!! I remember counting down when I was working. I could hardly wait to be a sahm!!! And I still love it!

QOTW: The most annoying movement that I feel right now is the foot in the ribs. Hiccups don't bother me and the little movements here and there are fun and a thankful reminder that he is doing ok in there. But the foot up in the ribs....makes me want him out! I think that I am just ready to feel "normal" again..KWIM?
#4 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 02:07 PM

Great question 3boyz4us! I am one of those clueless ones though when it comes to movements, I don't think I feel rolls and I can't seem to tell when Oakley changes position, if he does. So my favorite movement is just kicks and bumping, especailly when you get a big wallop that surprises you. The most annoying is lately I have been getting some painful pokes just in this one spot at the top of my uterus. You know what's weird, I don't seem to carry under my ribs but over, I have never gotten kicked in the ribs like some of you have described...am I the only one?

Piglet...that's so exciting, both the move being so close and work being finished for you!

So Dh decide to decline that job...the pay wasn't good and there were just many things that didn't seem to sit right with him (one of them being that they have a punch clock and Dh would only be the second employee, it's a husband and wife running the company with one person working for them at present, does that seem weird to you guys too? I mean there is nothing wrong with a punch clock to keep track of employees but for 2?? and they use some seriously bad chemicals which didn't sit well with me, don't need him getting cancer from his job, not to mention bringing bad stuff home on him...I won't even get new carpets with a baby on the way or in the house b/c I don't like the idea of the offgases, it that's even what it's called) He's had a job from hell experience once before and this one gave him the same feeling so I really wanted him to just trust his intuition. Even my own feelings were mixed about it, I mean you'd think we'd have been excited about him starting a new job this week but instead we were both dreading it. He has another 16 weeks or so of EI so we aren't to worried at this point. It feels good to get this off my chest though.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
#5 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 02:28 PM

OakEmber....no you are not the only one that doesn't feel the rib thing....i have never experienced that i guess...even with my 10+ lb babies...they must sit in front of them or something... guess it's something to be thankful for from what i've heard....i have never experienced any real uncomfortableness as far as baby movement goes...although, yesterday afternoon, he must have been clear up in my diaphragm, 'cuz i couldn't stand to bend over and felt like i had to belch all the time and had heartburn....it's way better today...must have moved into a different postion over night.

do you know what i mean by spastic movements? that's the best way i know to describe them....also, some of the movement just feels like it would if you had intestinal cramps...i know it's baby, but that is just what it feels like to me...that is kind of annoying to me...
#6 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 02:44 PM

QOTW:

Hrm ... I guess it depends if I'm trying to sleep or not *lol*. Most of the time I enjoy all of the movements, esp. when DH or DS and I sit there w/ my shirt up watching my belly's gyrations. DH gets so excited, although he's said that he'd be totally freaked out having uncontrollable, spastic movements in his tummy for months on end. I definately don't like the cervix jabs ... and every once in a while he kicks so hard that it literally takes my breath away.

DH had a productive day yesterday ... he put together the dresser/changing table and the crib. I was so tickled to take all my NB and small dipes out of rubbermaid containers and caress them and fold them and put them into the drawers. I may have to take them back out later today to take pictures of. I'm such a dork *lol* I washed and lanolized all of my wool yesterday. *sigh* Simple pleasures *lol*.
#7 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 03:02 PM

bluehalo...i meant to say before when i mentioned about looking at everyones pitures...i *love* your hair...it looks very thick...and i spose that's natural curl? very pretty!!
#8 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 03:16 PM

29 weeks

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I was gone for so long but I was put on bedrest for preterm labour a few weeks ago. Seems I was dialated 1 cm an 50% effaced, having contractions every 2-3 minutes. Of course I had no clue( I don't feel early labour, actually I don't really feel much until transition hits). Thank goodness it was picked up by my practitioner and hospitalized until they were able to stop it. So far so good and just hanging in there. I hope that these little ones are able to stay put until I'm at least 34-35 weeks along.

Went in for a check up on thurs. and measured at 36 weeks . I feel huge and wonder just how big I'm going to get!

QOTW: Two are very different than one. Liam is definetly the active one and likes to cause pain(ribs). Actually he tends to keep a foot or something up in my ribs and its been very painful on that side for weeks. Mason seems much more laid back and I mostly feel rolling and shifting movements from him. This pregnancy I've been getting body parts sticking out of my stomach and moving across. Very cool to watch.

I hope everyone is well and that all babies are staying put! I'm going to try to catch up but my time in an upwards position is unfortunately very limited!
#9 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 03:35 PM

Lindsey!! I'm so sorry! I know how you feel, though luckily I am not on total bedrest. But have heart, I've been 1cm and 50% effaced since 21 weeks!!! Started having preterm labor again but so far no more dilating, thank goodness. Hang in there. Hey, I just tought myself to knit this weekend using the internet...maybe you should try it? You could have a whole wardrobe for the little boys by the time they get here LOL.

Well, as I mentioned in pity party, my uti test Friday came back negative, meaning one of two things: either I never had a uti at all or the cranactin I took all week had killed it by then. I don't know though. I had contractions again the night before the test, enough to bring me to the mw...if the uti was totally gone only 12 hours later, don't you think it couldn't be the cause of the contractions? Plus, I had more contractions last night. So I'm a little worried now. The worst part is, if I have the baby early, I get the doc on call...I have no OB here in town as a backup, and quite frankly I am unimpressed with them all. Gosh, I wonder if I should make a birth plan up just in case???? I don't want drugs or scissors coming near me!!! At any rate, I'm on modified rest again until I near 36-37 weeks. Ugh.

QOTW: My favorites are the ones where I feel limbs kind of rolling across my belly. I hate the cervical jabs. I do know what you were talking about above with those strange spastic movements, I wish I had some idea what exactly they were! And I also have never felt feet in the ribs, my babies' feet have always been down more in belly; DS's stuck out my side and this one's are in front (on top of it all, this babe is comfy sitting posterior ).

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#10 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 03:35 PM

Lindsey - So sorry your are on bedrest! What a bummer! How is Kieran handling it?

QOTW: I love it when the baby rubs its foot along my belly. If I put my hand there, I can actually feel the little foot go across my hand. So sweet!

But I hate it when I really have to pee, and the baby punches my down low in my pelvis! Ouch! I don't ever leak or anything, but it is SO uncomfortable and hurts.
#11 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 04:44 PM

Just peekin in...

QOTW: Vagina blows definately. OUCH! :

Well, waiting for some replies in FYT and a *useful* reply in HB....we're considering a doula grad who needs to attend births, as suggested by a girl in LLL. Apparently, my fitness instructor, who delivered in July took the tip and she was pleased. The perinatal coordinator....as the latest in the wb saga ended up being no bringing in a tub b/c of concern about the weight of the water. and the practice docs sayin that would be pushing the envelope too much in already hostile territory of L&D for me to stay in the tub for delivery. The PC mentioned a doula to keep me home as long as possible....I'm thinking...dry off, get in the car, drive 30 min or more in rush hour and reward UNC for a birth that I had to settle for.... Dh said no. Then he started figuring how to set up the tub and then he said can I be comfortable with a MW, since the MWs we've met here so far have stunk and could we find a HBMW and could I get comfortable in ......9 wks. : Sooooooooooooo...oh I got a new message and I forgot I should send an email for a provider list for a hb site for our state. So, I dunno....have a hosp birth and have to get out of the tub. : Have a hb and not be quite that comfortable about not being at a hospital for a safety net.

OK, checking inbox and checking hb site.
#12 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 05:23 PM

OakEmber..so nice you don't get the foot in the ribs. I get both the foot across the ribs (like you described) and the sometimes a foot in the rib.

Bluehalo..I am getting ready to get baby's stuff together. Yet i feel that it is too early, yet I want to get it done. AHH the conflict within I think that I am starting to get more of the nesting urges. I want to clean out closets, get rid or pack away stuff that we no longer wear or use, etc.

Anybody feel their taste in clothing change lately? I just feel like when I have this baby I want to go on a big shopping spree and get some new clothes. So many that I have I have had for what seems like forever. Maybe it is having such a slim selection of what I can presently wear. Or maybe I just need a "pick-me-up."
#13 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM

Hello ladies!

QOTW: I love the foot traveling across the belly too! The cervix punches are probably the worst - luckily I haven't had too many. Oh, and I know exactly what yall mean about spastic movements. It feels like a cat attacking a little bug in there.

So, I just passed my kidney stone about an hour ago, and I'm so excited! (I had mentioned it in the pity party thread). It did feel a bit like labor (worse than labor) when it was moving out of my kidney last Thursday night, I was actually doing labor breathing. But then it settled in my bladder and irritated the hell out of me for a couple days. Finally I felt a pop and it came out painlessly while peeing today. And yes I always do everything right, drink tons of water, etc - they just run in my family. I get them during pregancy I guess cause everything slows down a bit. Okay and I ate too much ice cream. That'll teach me. No it wont.

Stanleymama- Oh man I have totally been thinking about shopping lately. I think it's probably the slim selection that makes ya want to shop. I'm even excited about wearing my "bigger" postpartum clothes that I bought last time. Anything but a big tent shirt.

So Letia, you're considering a homebirth? That's so exciting. From everything I've read from you, it sounds like it would be a great experience for you. You could have control over your entire birth and be in the water as long as you want. If you get a licensed midwife you know, they have everything there for emergencies like oxygen, anti-hemmoraging meds, suturing stuff, etc. And if you have an emergency, you could always just transfer. I'm biased though I hope you figure everything out to your liking.

Congrats on your last week of work Piglet! What a relief that must be.

OakEmber - Sounds like your husband made the right decision. I'm a strong believer in intuition too. I don't think any job is worth possible getting cancer, yikes. That's good that he's got plenty of time to find another one.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#14 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 07:53 PM

hi mamas!

gosh, i don't know where to start this week. last week i was on a business trip and didn't have easy web access so i couldn't post so i have way more catching up to do than i possibly can...

let's see... i wanted to send my best to lucysmama and lucy, i hope things really do get better with the therapy. also hoping those who are feeling crappy are able to get comfortable here and there before the babies come (hopefully not too soon!)

i love the picture gallery! whoever asked about the first picture of me climbing, i am definitely *not* pregnant in that shot! hahahhah! i put up a belly pic and a recent but blurry climbing pic for comparison.

so to chime in on last weeks discussion about discharge, in my dh's words, i'm much more shmutzy than when not pregnant. i just change my panties once during the day and it's ok, but what really gets me is the night time oozing. sheets need to be changed more frequently!!! i may have a minor yeast infection but if so it's very, very mild and washing is treatment enough. i don't have normal symptoms, but my discharge is definitely weirder than usual so...

qotw: my favorite baby movements are when a big baby part brushes across my whole tummy. i'm not sure if it's feet or arms or what, but i like it! i don't have annoying baby movements yet... though i'm pretty sure my baby hasn't settled head down yet so i get kind of concerned sometimes when there is a baseball like head poking me in the side that it won't go vertex (even though it's early).

i missed you all last week! i'm SOOOOO happy to be home with dh again and it's nice to be back online too!

also, i have a question: most likely TMI so stop here if you don't want to hear details about my and dh's intimate life. so... saturday dh and i were in bed. he was lying on his back, propped up a bit with pillows and i was lying face down. errrr, face down low... with my head in his lap i suppose... bobbing up and down. ok, i suspect you get the picture. i was really very well supported with pillows on all sides so there wasn't pressure on my tummy. so after a couple minutes of this all of a sudden, i am stuck. i stop and pull my head up, dh looks confused, and i'm still stuck. i can't move my body. my head and arms were fine and my legs from the knees down were also ok, but i couldn't roll or get up or anything. any attempt to move was excruciatingly painful on both sides of my waist. it was like they had completely seized and any movement felt like it would rip me. i waited a bit and it still didn't go away so i had dh help lift me up since i figured if i turned over maybe it would ease. so he helped me move which hurt badly but i think was good in the long run and then i just lay there. it was kind of funny so we were laughing a bit too which really hurt. after a couple minutes it eventually loosened up so i could move again.

so what was that?????? i read someone else's post that her contractions made her feel stuck. does that sound like a contraction? i've had some which are not at all painful but make my uterus ball up hard and it didn't feel at all like that. it was just tight on either side and kind of felt like my ligaments had seized... can they do that? has anyone experienced this? it was REALLY weird and REALLY painful (tolerable certainly, but it hurt a lot) and i was REALLY stuck. anyone have any idea?

thanks!

ok, i need to get back to work.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#15 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 08:24 PM

Ok, Flitters, I'll give it a shot. It sounds like what happens to my calves when I suddenly stretch out my legs or have been exercising too much. They seize up (charliehorse) and it's excruciating to move until it gradually goes away. So maybe this is what happened to your round ligaments with all that, um, bobbing? :LOL

Maybe you just need a little extra calcium? I find if I drink one extra glass of milk a day I don't get muscle cramps...

BTW, maybe you two should try that particular activity in a different position next time. Like, you stay still (and comfortable) and he does the moving, kwim?
#16 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 08:35 PM

hahhaha, thanks gottaknit!

when activities resumed (much later) i took a comfy seat and made him stand. no more bobbing for me during pregnancy!

i wonder if it was a muscle cramp. now that you mention it, i forgot that i simulaneously had a foot cramp (since my sides hurt so much i forgot about that)... maybe i was a bit low on some sort of electrolytes. i wonder if that is anything like a real contraction... i kind of doubt it and sort of hope not too - i really hope to be able to move during labor, even if it hurts more!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#17 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

OMG, flitters I'm so sorry, but I"m going to have to wait to answer your question until I'm done rotflmao...

: : :

I'm saying this with all the love and sympathy I can, it's just the way you described what you were doing....it was so funny...i'm sorry...I just can't help giggling at your term "bobbing"....

:

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#18 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 08:47 PM

Approx. 32 weeks here.

I am so proud of myself For the past 7 years I have had the contract for fixing the school bus windows. I kept wondering how I was going to do them this summer. Well no problems I climb up on each bus did the break and climbed back down. I think the poor guy who manages the buses wondered how I was going to do them (he said he had a step ladder should I need it). Not that I am at all big, I hide prgancies well. What makes me even happier is I started at 6 am and was done by 10:30, with an hour break. Usually it takes me a few days to do all buses and rigs for this district. We are waiting for one bus to get back from some warrenty work to see if it need and windshield attention, other than that I am done!

Flitters, I got stuck on the floor once with my legs up on the bed ( I was trying to help the blood go somewhere else but my legs) took me over 30 minutes to get moved and standing (the whole process was very painful). Dh was at work and there was nothing my girls could do to help me. For me its just my hips and lower back are really loosing up for birth and everything goes out of place very easily.

I dont really know which movement is my favorite I think all movement is fun except for the one where it feels like it coming through cervix : That really is a painful move.

Dh is on vacation for the next 10 days so we are painting our room and cleaning the carpets after that, so our room will be the first done Then we are hoping to go on a camping trip. We have a 24 foot camp trailer and the place we chose to go is really bad road (Magruder Corridor) so we will be tent camping with me at 32 weeks :LOL But the girls are really looking forward to going and the cheese factory at the end, Darby Montana. Hopefully theres still a cheese factory there
#19 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 PM

Well....:LOL

It wasn't me but dh.....a few years ago he was on top and he got a cramp in the back of his thigh. : It really destroyed the mood b/c I tend to bust out laughin if u bump into something or trip, much less a cramp during sex!

Nancy? was that u? I got this tip from I'm

flex your feet when you stretch! I haven't gotten a charley horse since June!

Just did a custom order at Baby Bloomrs and she has free shipping for MDC mamas with the code of exactly that in all caps.

http://www.babybloomrs.com/fpdb/images/fab3.jpg (also got a blanket to match)

http://www.babybloomrs.com/Store/res...asp?curpage=2# (mil asked if I found one...and since she's buyin...)

That makes....a dozen...:

I'm working on some others.....tho.

Got a custom from Seventh Heaven babies....its another Noah's Ark. I couldn't pass up. She emailed me the fabric swatches a friend of hers had the material, so I can't show u til I get.

Gotta plan what I'm gonna do next....I've got a lot of prints now...maybe I'll concentrate on some more handdyed....:nana
#20 of 104 Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 PM

I can not believe that it is the middle of August already! September is just a couple of weeks away... and then before we know it our Oct. babes will be here!

It has been a chaotic couple of weeks here with school, and a sick grandpa, and parenting a toddler, and being 8 months pregnant. But I'm just finnishing up my last week of class and then I'll be all done (insert pregnant lady happy dance smilie here). I'll only have 2 more classes to go 'till I get my degree and I can do both of them by correspondence. Can't wait for my university days to be behind me.

QOTW: I love the rolls and the big arms and leg movements when my whole stomach moves. It makes me so happy to think of my little guy getting biger and stronger and staying healthy. I could really do without the rib kicks, cervix jabs and bladder pummerlings though.

Oh, Alias just woke up from his nap so that's my cue to get off the computer.
#21 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 01:32 AM

*Newbie here* (posted an intro ealier)
32 and a half weeks

I definately agree that the jabs to the cervix have been the biggest bummers. Every once an awhile I'll get a sharp little poke in the side that ranges from shocking to a little painful. And the big rolls just crack me up. I can't even figure out what he's doing in there!

This week has been a bummer for me because I caught a cold from a co-worker. So every day I've been getting bloody noses because these poor, fragile membranes and all this extra blood just don't work well with constant nose-blowing. I'm so ready to be well again! Sick and pregnant is so lousy!
#22 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 01:39 AM

Welcome, Kristin!!! We are a little nutty, but we're a fun group. Glad you joined us!

How are you guys doing? I shopped with my dd for a few hours today for a new bra (38 DD, WOWZA!), new shoes for Lucy, etc....I am so pooped now! Plus, my dd was SOOOO whiney and annoying at the mall. She refused to walk, so I had to push the stroller, but she kept standing up in the stroller, and almost fell several times. GRRRRRR.

I think I need to be on a deserted island. Everyone is annoying the crap out of me.

: My mom is driving me so nuts again. She wants to take my dd to the beach tomorrow to a family party. Ok, I say, 2:00pm. Fine, she says.

So, she just called and said, "Um, I need to pick up Lucy at 11:45am instead." Uhh, no. That's when Lucy naps and she knows it. I tell her as much, and she starts giving me all kinds of crap about it...."just let her go without a nap", "she'll be fine" "I HAVE raised kids before." etc etc. So not only does she want my toddler to spend the entire day without a nap, on the beach, going at noon, in the full-sun, totally crabby and with people she barely knows, now she gives me all kinds of guilt trip-crap about me saying no. She thinks I am playing games with her or something...I swear, the woman does not GET the whole "put your kids first" thing. I offered Lucy at 1:00pm, trying to compromise, and she said she'll "think about it and get back to me." Whatever. The woman drives me so nuts.
#23 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 03:40 AM

Why would your mom want a toddler who hasn't napped? Is she a masochist? This isn't even an "AP" issue, it's just common sense. If my mom said, "I have raised kids before.." to me, I'd say, "Exactly, and now it's my turn."

Flitters - I get stuck in certain positions too. With me, it's my sciatic nerve causing it. But I could see how it would be ligaments and stuff. We've got that relaxin hormone being released now so everything gets real loose, and joints can kinda get out of place. Thanks for the laugh by the way

Welcome MamaEmerald! I've got a cold now too, and it's awful. Like we don't have enough to deal with just being pregnant.

p.s. - I put in a request to change my username to something shorter cause it was bugging me. So, I'll be just "Court" from now on.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#24 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 11:01 AM

Welcome, MamaEmerald! so what is your edd? do you know what you are having a boy or the reference to "him" just generic? sorry about the cold.

Hey, Court!! i want to change my user name at somepoint too, but can't decide on what to use.

Katie...bummer about your mom...i too don't know why she would want to take an "unnapped" toddler either. hope you can come to a compromise.

i have to see the chiro again...haven't seen him since last Tuesday. it seems to be working...how long does this go on when you see a chiro? i have been going for about three weeks now.

Tonight we are having the family b-day party for ds#3...his b-day was Fri while we were camping. i'm going simple and just making homemade pizzas and then cake and ice cream.

well, need to get in the shower...talk to ya'll later.
#25 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandLogan
Why would your mom want a toddler who hasn't napped? Is she a masochist? This isn't even an "AP" issue, it's just common sense. If my mom said, "I have raised kids before.." to me, I'd say, "Exactly, and now it's my turn."
Court-

:LOL I'll have to remember that one! Hee hee. My mom isn't a masochist - she's just one of those rare human beings who truly believe the world revolves around them. She thinks everyone should accomodate her, including her 2 year old granddaughter! Anyway, she's not taking her. Dd NEEDS her nap, she still sleeps 2-3 hours/day. I'm proud I put my foot down, it's hard to do to my mom, she is so controlling.

Sorry about your cold!!!

Anyone else having a problem with anemia at all??? What are you doing to bring your iron up?
#26 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 01:27 PM

Lucysmama...good for you for standing up to your mom. My mom is also controlling and thinks the world revolves around her. I have to put my foot down with her on occasion, but thankfully we don't see much of her. Which is kinda sad, but then when I think of all the crap we deal with because of her, it becomes a blessing.

Flitters.. I too had quite the laugh. A couple weeks ago dh and I were having a bit o'fun and I got a HORRIBLE leg cramp. I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time.
#27 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 01:45 PM

Argh! I just had a post that had taken me the past 30 mintues to write dissapear just as I was about to hit send!

Anyhow, Flitters, I can't comment on getting "stuck" in certain positions since I've never experienced anything quite like that, but I did want to thank you for making me laugh this morning!

I also had to laugh at your husband's description of your discharge as "shmutzy." My husband has also commented on the difference in my discharge lately, but couldn't think of a good word to describe it. Shmutzy is way better than anything we could come up with! The other day he said, "Um, well...its really thick and sticky, kinda like the paste kids use in kindergarten." Maybe this is TMI, but after sex he commented that his penis was coated in something similar to "the sugary, sticky coating on a Krispy Creme donut." I'll certainly never think of donuts the same way again...LOL.

QOTW: I love feeling all of the BIG movements, the ones that make my entire stomach roll and contort. As for the annoying movements, there is one spot that is really tender when he hits/kicks/punches it. The spot is really low and slightly left of center. I've wondered if maybe that is my cervix, but thought that my cervix would be more low and center, not off to the side...?

Bluehalo, I love your photo. The reason I haven't posted one yet is because the only pregnancy pics I have so far are ALL nudes, and DH and I haven't gotten around to taking more yet. Unlike yours, my breasts are not covered in any of the photos. I'm not a particuarly modest person, but didn't want to make other folks uncomfortable by posting them...

OKay mamas, I could also use your input when it comes to naming this kid. We've settled on Miles for a first name, but still aren't sure about a middle name. The main contenders so far:

Miles Henry (no particular reason, I've just always liked the name Henry)

Miles Devlin (my maiden name, but my name was changed to that when my mother got remarried when I was a kid, and never had a very good relationship with him, therefore slightly unsure about using his name, but the rest of the Devlin family are wonderful...)

Miles Rocket (because in a way DH and I like names that are a bit more unusual, but thought maybe we'd reserve a more "out-there" name for a middle rather than a first name...)
#28 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
Anyone else having a problem with anemia at all??? What are you doing to bring your iron up?
I have been so run down lately. I thought it was due to stress and my intermittent insomnia but I looked under my bottom eye lids 2 days ago and they were bright red. (I read in a book that to check for possible anemia you look under your bottom eye lids and see what colour they are. If it's red than you're low on iron. If it's pinkish than you're fine.) So I've added some Floradix to my daily vitamin routine. Alias needs to take it everyday as he is naturally mildly anemic and we are vegetarians and getting iron through your food is tough (especially when your toddler is a pretty picky eater) so we always have some in the house. I haven't noticed a huge difference yet but I did get a full nights sleep last night so perhaps today will be an easier day.

Katie - Once again I think our moms must've been seperated at birth. I've had very sismilar conversations with my mom when she's here visiting. She thinks that when she comes to visit that Alias' routine should just be thrown out the window... because his "Ama" is only visiting for a few days . She's always winding him up before bed time so that he'll stay up later. Or trying to get him to conform to her schedual. And complaining that I'm too rigid when I step in. And she loves to talk about how she can't wait to take Alias to this remote middle-of-nowhere-Alaska cabin that her friend owns all by herself for a long weekend, and when will I let her do that, soon right? Yeah right! I told her we'll discuss it when he's like 8 or 9 and she gets all pouty and says that I'm too over protective and don't I trust her? Frankly no. I was raised by this woman. I know what she's like. I just keep telling her over and over when ever she brings up what she allowed me to do when I was his age (or a bit older) that it's different. "Different how?" "This time I'm the mommy." It usually shuts her up for a bit.

Flitters - Your post totally cracked me up. I've never had that particular problem but I think that Court is probably right about the relaxin a causing your joints to get all out of place. I'm pleased to read though that the two of you found a solution to your little problem.

to you randy gals! I really really really miss my sex drive (even if they seem to be providing your more comical moments). Oh well.

FutureMama - I hate it when I loose posts. I try desperatly to recreate them but always fail miserably and then usually just end up logging off in frustration. Miles is such a great name, wonerful choice. I like Devlin the best for middle names, but it does seem a little funny to give him a name from a family it dosen't sound you have real strong connections to. So my vote goes with Rocket for the middle name. I think that it sounds really cool.
#29 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 03:30 PM

Katie - I do all my cooking on a cast iron skillet. You might try that. The iron leaches into the food. Of course, all of the MEAT I've been eating might have something to do with why my iron levels are so good. I've never been much of a meat-eater, but lately when we go out I always order steak. Yum. I have no idea why.

I was thinking of benefits to being pregnant in summer and this is what I came up with:

1. Constant supply of fresh fruit and veggies. I eat sooo much better in the summer than the winter. And this is when the baby is developing taste buds, so hopefully will develop a preference for fruits and veggies!

2. Flip-flops mean no shoe-tying, which is pretty much undoable these days.

3. We get to deal with the post-partum flabbiness during the winter, when we're covered up anyway. Can you imagine having a baby in June and then trying to get into your prebaby shorts, tanks, and swimsuit? Depressing! We get to continue wearing our maternity pants and no one will be the wiser.

See, the hot weather isn't so bad after all....
#30 of 104 Old 08-17-2004, 04:07 PM

:LOL

uhhhhhhhhhhhh what's going on with me today....

OH! I got an appointment to see my photographer and planned a (clothed :LOL) photo shoot!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page