New addition here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2004, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to announce myself, I'm new to MDC and due the 8th of October, which makes me 32 weeks. It's my first, so I'm expecting him to be late, and for the labor to be lengthy. But it's all good! I'm getting excited. I think he's turned in a last few days. I've been feeling feet under my ribs lately, where before I was getting kicked in the side, right above my hip bone a lot.

I haven't really noticed any nesting instinct yet, but my aunt threw me a shower just yesterday, and I have lots of stuff to get ready! I'm trying to get together a good collection of diapers. I have a few Under the nile diapers that are sooooooo wonderful, and some polar babies prefolds as well.

My mother is the sweetest, and got me an ellaroo wraparound sling. I can't wait to have a baby to put in it!!!!!!!
Well, I'm glad to find you mamas to share all this with!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 11:12 AM

Welcome and congrats!
I see you are from Santa Cruz. I went to UCSC (in the early 90s) and lived in SC and up the way in Scotts Valley for years after. My DH and I moved here (NW Indiana) in 1999 and ask ourselves almost daily "why did we leave SC, again?". It's making me homesick just talking about it. So please go gets a Mike's Mess at Zach's for me (w/ extra spinach) and splash a bit in the cold ocean!
And welcome, again, to our Oct mamas group. We are a lively and talkative group of women, and so much fun. Hope you enjoy it here!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:12 AM

Welcome and congrats!
I see you are from Santa Cruz. I went to UCSC (in the early 90s) and lived in SC and up the way in Scotts Valley for years after. My DH and I moved here (NW Indiana) in 1999 and ask ourselves almost daily "why did we leave SC, again?". It's making me homesick just talking about it. So please go gets a Mike's Mess at Zach's for me (w/ extra spinach) and splash a bit in the cold ocean!
And welcome, again, to our Oct mamas group. We are a lively and talkative group of women, and so much fun. Hope you enjoy it here!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:54 AM

HI and

You have joined a great bunch of mamas
Old 08-17-2004, 01:09 PM

Hello and welcome!
Hope to hear more from you on our weekly chat board.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:49 PM

Hi Kristin!

Welcome to our board! I will add you to the role call list, and see you on the weekly threads. Don't be afraid to jump right in. We're very chatty, but very friendly, too!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

User Tag List