Proudly AP 10/08
MamaEmerald 10/08
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa?
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Hey there, ladies! Sorry this is so late starting....today is my last full day at work and of course there is lots to do. Thing very busy 'round here as we prepare to move!

Question of the Week: do you have all your baby items yet?

I've got my diaper stash complete now, though I'm going to whip up a few home-made wipes soon (I love the terry ones, and sherpa too), and all the equipment I need from my previous baby (slings, carseat, etc). But I think I'm still going to need some clothes - I'll be sorting through my baby clothes when I get to Vancouver. I have some cute outfits, but I'm thinking more like everyday stuff. I have lots of onesies, but they are very light (DD was a summer baby) and I'm thinking I'm going to need to stock up on some long-sleeve T-shirts and such. Between explosive poops and spitups, etc I changed DD several times a day in those early days!

I'm looking forward to washing everythign and laying it out so I can assess what is still missing!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#2 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just have a minute bc I need a nap but wanted to tell you

THAT I FOUND A WAY TO GET YOUR DH TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!!!!!

DH was cleaning out my car yesterday (which was a pigsty from a 2 y/o in the backseat with toys and food) and he was a little ticked (it's a new car) and I tried to explain how hard it was to get down and dig under the seats and such being pregnant. SO I got out his bowling ball, and we put it in a backpack. He wore the backpack backwards, and I adjusted it so the ball was low enough and fastened the waist strap nice and tight so he'd have the lower back pressure. He was baffled at how I could eat so far from the table, do things at the counter, pick up Mickade. He was such a good sport, he wore it for like 2 hours, and after that, he was like, I'll do anything you want. That sucked. When DS needed something, he was like, "don't worry I'll get it for you!!" LOL He did say I should keep that bag around though bc he is likely to forget this in a week or so. :LOL

So.....GO TRY IT!!! IT ROCKS!!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#3 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 03:32 PM

"THAT I FOUND A WAY TO GET YOUR DH TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!!!!!"

Somehow I didn't think this scheme was going to involve a bowling ball... :

QOTW: I don't have much of anything. About 10 onesies and a few other random baby clothing items I bought at a resale shop, a dresser, about 15 fitted diapers (mom is getting us diaper service for 3 months).... that's it. Oh yeah, and 48 cloth wipes!

Baby shower planned for Oct 2nd, so that should fill in some gaps.

Also, the inlaws are visiting in Sept, and bringing hand-me-downs. But since we don't know the sex of the baby, we might not get much from them until after the birth. After we know the gender though, there will be TONS of cute clothes from my SIL. Her kids always look perfect.

I can't believe there could be a baby here in as soon as six weeks!! It's going so fast!
#4 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM

LOL Nancy!!!!

QOTW: I have just about everything. Have plenty of diapers, covers, etc though I'd like to knit some more soakers (did I mention I finished a soaker??? I'm so excited!!!). There are a few things I'd like that I hope to get at my shower (like the Sit n Stand stroller, new bouncy seat, and a boppy cover) but overall we are pretty set. Unless of course it's a girl in which case I have open license to do lots of shopping after baby comes!!! Piglet, I had fun going through the baby stuff recently. I took out all the neutral stuff, so I still have some boy things in the bin but I'll just get those out after if necessary. I love love the little baby gowns best for newborns, so took all of those out, so I have some boy ones if it's a boy...and recently I was at TJ Maxx, and found two girl ones for only $2 apiece (!) so I snatched them up to have on hand right away just in case.

Saw midwife again today...and I have leukocytes AGAIN. Pee is on its way to the lab. What is wrong with me this pregnancy?????

Oh and I'm off to spinningbabies.com....baby is still posterior, and since it is engaged already, I really need to get on getting it to turn ASAP. Fingers crossed!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#5 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 04:38 PM

Truebluefx...can't say I was thinking a bowling ball either

QOTW: I have pretty much everything. I do need to get some new socks and some l/s onesies for the baby. Need to finish getting the diapers together. I was going to use Kissaluvs and Fuzzi Bunz. Now I am just thinking of sticking with the Fuzzi Bunz. I do also have a few nb fitteds that I was going to use other than the kissaluvs, maybe I will just ditch those and stick with the Kissaluvs and FB. Ahhh the decisions

I have been having horrible acid reflux lately. The acid settles at the top of my belly so its like I have a chronic stomach ache--UGH!!!! A friend is bringing me some Maalox tablets today to see if they will help. I am such a procrastinator. I hate to take anything while pg, but I need some relief. I can't even sleep.

We had an AWESOME time at Irish Fest!!! Great music, great fun. The boys had a blast. It was huge too!! So much to see and do. Definitely going to become a stanley family tradition. Little dude stayed in the perfect position, no discomfort so I was able to walk the whole weekend and feel good. A friend of dh came up from Chicago and spent Saturday with us.

Anyone getting food aversions again? I think I may have asked this before but don't remember the response. Most food is turning me off lately. I was so hungry two weeks ago for fresh veggies and now the look and thought of them make me want to :Puke Yet I get so hungry, it's torture :

Dh and I have decided that this is going to be the last for awhile. Maybe the last period. Our oldest will turn 4 a couple months after the little guy gets here and we feel that its time to slow down and just focus on the 4. I am really looking forward to the break as well. Now I just need to start learning that whole nfp thing

Oh, btw I am interested in the hats. Whose mom is knitting them again..sorry brain lapse. I would be interested in a blueberry or pumkin hat for the baby. How much are they? Pm me please.

Chat more later... I think I am going to go and take a nap
#6 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

32 weeks

Just wanted to let y'all know that I might not be posting as much over the next few days. I don't seem to get any computer time at home with Mum there, DD around, and all the packing, etc going on. We fly out on Wednesday morning, so that is a write off. Mum has a computer so hopefully I'll get some surfing time when DD goes to bed at night. Can't wait to get settled into the new place!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#7 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleymama
I am interested in the hats. Whose mom is knitting them again..sorry brain lapse. I would be interested in a blueberry or pumkin hat for the baby. How much are they? Pm me please.
It's my mama who is the knitting maven...I'm PM-ing you now.

Quote:
I have been having horrible acid reflux lately. The acid settles at the top of my belly so its like I have a chronic stomach ache--UGH!!!! A friend is bringing me some Maalox tablets today to see if they will help. I am such a procrastinator. I hate to take anything while pg, but I need some relief. I can't even sleep.
I hear you on this one! : Mine got so bad that nothing OTC (tums, maalox, etc) was working, and I was miserable all the time. MW said that I was taking way too many tums, and prescribed me an acid reducer...which she said was safer than eating a jillion tums a day. I feel soooo much better now. If you want more info on what she prescribed me, let me know. I can go look it up.

More later...tired, cranky toddler just climbed into my lap.
#8 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 05:58 PM

About the acid reflux/heartburn...my Dad's remedy and it worked for me, baking soda. He said a teaspoon in glass of water, I just put some in the bottom of a cup and put just enough water to swallow and it really worked...it is a little hard to get it down but worth it if it works, right?

QOTW- HAHA! Do all have all my baby items yet? That would have to be two lists the needs and the wants, and I want way more than I need! I am still looking to add about 1/2 dozen or so NB diapers, I think I have enough once we hit about the 10lb range but it's a little slim until that point, although I do now have about 3 NB covers, and 2 small SWW that will hopefully fit before too long. Since I am new to this and haven't decide which style I prefer I will buy more later when I determine what I like using best. Stanleymama-just to let you know that the CPF I bought from you are now all washed up the way you recommended and they are so soft, I am just loving them! They feel so much better than any of the fitteds I have at this point and I am thinking that I might just prefer that route!

As for clothes, I have recently started getting the bug to by more, don't have a whole lot yet I know from experience that it is easy to go from not alot to too much so I won't get too carried away.

So for the most part I have enough for when the baby arrives and I am waiting to see what happens like with the sleeping arrangement until after...Ember is in the middle again and says that she is going to sleep at the end when Oakley comes but we'll see. I don't see there being room for the 4 of us without some kinda sidecar but I don't want to spend the money on it if it's not necessary. So I am sure that we can make do for a few days if we need to, even if it means me and Oakley in the single bed in the kids room and Dh and Ember in ours.

So to sum it up, I think we have all we need if Oakley were to show up tomorrow but there is still plenty of time for me to think I need to get things :LOL

Piglet- You must be so excited! Best of luck with everything and we'll be thinking of you!

And Amy- that was too funny about the bowling ball. Unfortunatley it's not so easy as going to get one from out of my closet :LOL
#9 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 06:28 PM

Hey Mama's!
Well, I got an awful haircut today I definatley don't look like the 25 yr old I am with this big ole preggy body and conservative soccer mom hair do : It's really upsetting. It's cool if I funk it up with bobby pins and the like but ala natural, I'm somewhere between the afore mentioned mom and a 12 yr old boy. I definately didn't need this blow to the ego. Good thing I'm into headbands and headscarves/dorags!

QOTW: we'll see! I could use some socks, but that's about it.

Piglet: that's great! It'll feel so nice for you to be back to your homeland! I'm real happy for you!

Dh is getting excited about doing this belly cast! When should we do it?

Got a new washer and fridge today stoves coming tomorow! New appliences rule!

Anyone else an eating machine? In an hour I ate 1/2 a grilled burger, yogurt raisens, peanuts, 2 choc. covered grahms, hummus and pita. This was after a lunch of 2 organic beef dogs, and some organic rasberries. I'm already thinking of my next snack attack. It's going to have to involve some veggies
#10 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 06:30 PM

Krnflwr...yes tell me more about what you mw prescribed for you. I may try the baking soda to that OakEmber mentioned.

OakEmber...glad you like the prefolds. I love them myself! I am clearing them out so let me know if want more. I am deciding to slowly close-up shop since I will be so busy with the new babe and doing some pre-k stuff with Collin.

Piglet...wishing you a safe move!!!!

trueblue...sorry to hear about the leukocytes (sp?) We are almost done.
#11 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 PM

hi, mamas!

had a good weekend...i went to an overnight women's convention called "Women of Faith" with our church fri-sat...it was so good to just get away with other women, ya know?

had a dr appt this am...it went well. i gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks.... ....but i *know* most of that is water...i feel like a giant water balloon...my legs show it, too! my BP was ok, had ketones in my urine, so i got the need to drink more lecture, which i knew...it's just hard to get enough fluid in by 10 am after not drinking all night, ya know...? but then the regular coffee i drink in the am can't help either... : still on every 2 week visits, but may go to weekly after next time.

soory to those with acid issues...i have mild heartburn when i first start eating, but then it goes away.

Piglet...i am so confused....sorry for this incredibly stupid question, but i can't figure out if you're moving to canada or washington...is your mom from canada? are you orriginally from canada? you keep mentioning moving closer to home in Vancouver and being closer to Ann....is this washington, cuz i know that's where Ann is? again sorry for this stupid question...

Stanleymom...i guess i have some food issues...i eat cuz i'm hungry, but nothing looks good...i'm not close to throwing up or anyhting, just nothing looks good....sounds like you had fun at the Irish Fest....i was wondering if you had ever been to (or heard of) a "women of faith" conference....if not, they are awesome!!

truebluexf....bummer about the leukocytes...if the culture comes back negative, i was wondering if your midwife has checked for yeast? i had leukocytes 2 weeks ago and a yeast infection and he said that yeast will cause there to be some leukocytes in your urine...after treating the yeast, there were no leukocytes this time. and it is possible to have yeast without symptoms....i did...i finally started to develope symptoms cause it went on so long and even then i never had the severe itching, just mass quantities of discharge and irritation right before i treated it, but up until then basically no symptoms, i thought the discharge was just from pregnancy, but it was very yellow and sticky....something to think about anyway...hope you can get it figured out.

QOTW: i will only need baby things if this a girl. i don't get anything out till it gets closer...just don't have room for it to all be laying around. i still need to keep working on my baby diaper stash, tho...it's just hard with this stupid carpal tunnel...my hands are constantly numb when i try to sew. i would also like to make a fleece sling sometime.
#12 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 06:47 PM

3booyz4us....I have heard of Women of Faith. I would like to go some year, but I don't know of anyone else who goes. Sounds like an awesome time. Glad that you were blessed to be there. Did a big group go from your church?
#13 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 06:59 PM

Quote:
3booyz4us....I have heard of Women of Faith. I would like to go some year, but I don't know of anyone else who goes. Sounds like an awesome time. Glad that you were blessed to be there. Did a big group go from your church?
yeah...19 went from church...would your church ever go as a group? Kathy Trocoli, Nicole Nordeman, and Sandy Patti were the special guests. then the regular speakers. If you ever get a chance to hear Patsy Clairmont or Luci Swindoll you will have an awesome time, they are both hilarious!!
#14 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 PM

I spied with my little eye some October mamas in diapering and the tp with me. :LOL

Got my first childbirth class tonight! : I know....so late....it was all I could find and a couple was on vacation, : so the class had to start so late....

its called Informed Birth. She's a former Bradley instructor and she's independent now, supplementing Sears material.

I gotta figure out what pillows I'm gon bring!

Do I have all my baby items! NO! :LOL I have a shower the 12, 18, and the 25 and I wanna say yes!

Pig! Have a safe trip!!!!!

eta: Hey Katie, how about some pants from the Turkish women?

OK, well dh is gettin food since I won't have time to cook..I guess I should get dressed and find some pillows that I wanna put on a floor.
#15 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 08:13 PM

Letia- hehe, I don't know if you saw me or someone else but I am guilty as charged. I got 3 covers coming, 2 NB prowraps and a xs very baby. I find it confusing though sometimes, being new to this all and don't know if I am really getting a good deal or not (especially b/c of the exchange rate I face, for instance my 3 wraps were $17 which means I paid about $26...still way less than buying them new I suppose)

3boyz4us- I'm not sure if Piglet will be around so I will answer for her (Piglet, hope you don't mind me answering your question) she is moving to Vancouver, Canada (that's right there is a Vancouver WA too, isn't there, I can see how that could be confusing). Sounds like you had a great time at your retreat, how nice! And you aren't the only one guilty of the morning cup of Joe My midwife appt. are always in the AM right after I have finished my coffee and I always wonder the affect on my BP...but so far it's been fine.

My food issues these days, like the entire pregnancy I guess, is just having to make it...I'd eat it if it were prepared for me (note to self, don't get pregnant again unless we can afford hired help :LOL). It just takes too much effort! Tonight though we are set, we made some fresh tomato sauce with completely organic tomatoes from our garden (actually everything used in it, parsley, basil, onions, garlic, etc. are organic too)! MMM can't wait, smells good already! Throwing in homemade meatballs too!

Stanleymama- If you do try let me know if it works for you...hope you find something to make you feel better soon!

Amy- Sorry to hear about the luekocytes again! :

Momadance- Oh no! I've BTDT already this pregnancy too and now I swear that I am not touching my hair until it's shoulder length...makes me look younger too, I was informed after the fact! Like I need to look any younger, I am lucky to pass for 20 sometimes as it is!
#16 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 08:40 PM

I am so happy! We FINALLY have our drywall work done, all new baseboards, about 1 day left of painting, all the tarps off... I saw my bed for the first time in months (been sleeping in the basement) and, I have a computer!?! So, I posted an old picture of us. I was getting really stressed thinking about a new baby surrounded by tarps!

momadance - I got a horrible haircut when I was about 4 months. I used to have nice long hair. I literally cried over the haircut, so I can completely sympathize! Not my image of pregnancy, so I tried to remind myself, "we just want a healthy baby... who cares about the haircut?" Didn't work very well, I kept thinking, "what sort of healthy baby wants a Mom with this dorky haircut". :LOL

Bowling ball?!?! That's a great idea!

QOTW: I went absolutely crazy when I was about 2 months pregnant (car seat, stroller, etc.) I've been slowly buying thrift store items and some garage sale deals. Right now I'm mostly set except for diaper covers and prefolds (using kissaluvs in the beginning). Only problem is everything's in the basement somewhere - I need to sort everything out now that our house is getting back to normal!!! Yay!
#17 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 09:55 PM

6 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!

We're back from the wedding and we had a great time! It was so nice to see that side of the family again, we haven't seen them since Dh and I got married and that was 9 years ago! We all swore that we wouldn't let 9 years go by again before we got together and there were already discussions about having a family reunion in Mexico in 2 years. Wouldn't say no to that.

So we're home, a bit road weary and partied out but that's to be expected. Although I had to write my final for my history class today, it took about 3 hours. I just hope that my essay makes some sort of sense. With preggo brain and general travel tiredness I kept blanking out and forgetting what I was writting about. Oh well. What's done is done and the best part is that the summer craziness is over! My in-laws leave in two days to go back to Alaska and then we all move into get-ready-for-baby-mode. No more visitors or commitments. I have been looking forward to this for 3 months now, phew didn't know if I'd make it.

That's so funny that so many of you envisioned me with dark hair. I wonder why?

You can add me to the bad pregnancy haircut club. 4 months ago I had hair that was a little past my shoulders. I went to get a bit trimmed off and have it styled, you know just a little pick me up, well it was the worst haircut I've ever got. I came home and Dh tells me "oh it's nice, you look like a pregnant mom". Definatly not the look I was going for. So a week later (although not 'till after I had my drivers liscence photo done so now I have to look at that horrible haircut for the next 4 years every time I pull out my liscence) I went and just had it all cut off. And now I have the short little 'do you all see in the picture I put up. And I'm very happy with it. It takes all of 2 minutes to style in the morning and Dh hasn't told me that I look like someone's mom.

QOTW: Let's see... we've bought a moses bed, bucket car seat and a Sit 'N Stand stroller. I have quite a few new born outfits from the first go around and have bulked up my collection of 3 to 6 month clothes with quite a few generous hand-me-downs (Alias only fit the new born to 3 months clothes for the first 6 weeks). We've already got a sling, swing and playmat. I think the only things that I need to get are some warm onsies for undershirts and diaper covers. I didn't keep any of that stuff from Alias because I kinda feel that each child should enjoy getting there own new underthings poop stained. Oh and socks, don't ask me where Alias' newborn socks went.

Amy - Sorry to hear about the pee trouble again. Thank goodness it's almost over. And your bowling ball idea is hilarious. I wish I had bowling ball around here to try that little experiment. Maybe I'll find something else that'd make a good substitute.

Stanleymama - I know exactly what you mean. I'll be thinking about a meal all day. And when I finally make it or buy it I am so disgusted after a bite or two I usually end up giving to Dh to finnish. Right now, most food just repels me. I mostly just eat small meals (mostly cereal, friut and yogurt) throughout the day and it seems to help.

krnflwr - Your mom is so talented! I'd love to get one for the new baby and one for Alias. I'll PM you when I decide which ones I want.
#18 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 10:40 PM

33 weeks

Hey mamas!!! Another week closer to babies! I bet there will be a few here in 4 or 5 weeks. Ack! Does that freak anyone else out?!!?

QOTW: No, we don't have everything we need. We have NO small diapers or covers (well, I just won one off ebay.) only newborns. I think we are good on newborn diapers, (need more covers, though!) but I fear this baby will be big and I will have nothing for it to grow into. We wanted to do wool for the new baby, but I am having trouble finding some in our price range.

In addition to nb covers and small everything, I also need a new sling, some mama pads for postpartum, some breastpads, a nursing bra or 2, and boy clothes if we have a boy. I'm actually kinda wigging out about everything we still need.

Letia - yes, I am asking the Turkish women to knit for me when my MIL goes back next week. But they are having issues knitting them thick enough, and they aren't very effective because of that.

Piglet- I was going to ask you if you are going the the diaper/WAHM party tomorrow, but I guess that's a no! Have a safe trip, and good luck in Vancouver!

Momadance - I got a terrible haircut when I was 8 months pregnant with dd. It was awful. It brought my mood down for weeks! Hope you can fix it/get used to it!

I am also having an issue with being SO hungry but nothing looks good. It sucks, man! I could eat the house, but it's such an *unappetizing* house! :LOL I've been doing take-out too much, which is getting pretty $$.

Amy - sorry about the leukocytes! What a bummer! Hope they can figure it out soon. How long has your baby been engaged? I suspect my baby also engaged in the last day or two. I feel so much pelvic pressure and I am really uncomfortable standing and walking for a long period of time. Lucy did not drop - ever - so I have nothing to compare this with. (She was malpresented and couldn't really engage. The poor baby was born with a huge lump on the side of her head from being wedged in a bad position for so long.)
#19 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 11:02 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeees...Amie, I busted you...aaaaaaaaaaaand someone who was today over a Cushie Tushie pumpkin set. Well, I guess I'll do my nightly diapering checks.

Class was good! I really like it.
#20 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 11:09 PM

Letia - You wouldn't believe the pout I had on all day cause dh told me NO on that Cushie Tushie pumpkin set. I wanted it so bad. I've been talking about getting a fall-themed CT set since I was maybe 3 months pregnant! But it IS $85. Finally, dh said, "Fine, go ahead and get it if you want." But he made it clear it was NOT ok with him to spend the $$, so I let it go. Almost.
#21 of 111 Old 08-23-2004, 11:33 PM

:LOL I believe it b/c I can pout with the best of them! You go!
#22 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 03:59 AM

30 weeks, 3 days

Ok, it is 2:44 in the morning, and I can't sleep I have had major insomnia lately. I have no problem falling alseep at oh, 8:00 PM. but then I wake up at 1-2 AM and can't fall back to sleep. It sucks. Especially because DH is a total night owl, and when I wake up at 1-2 AM he is still up, so then I am up waiting for him to go to bed. Grrrr.

DH leaved tomorrow to starts work early Wed AM. We can't move into our apartment until Sept 5th, so he is going up there and staying in an extended stay hotel for 1 1/2 weeks (well coming home on the weekend), and then we move in on labor day.

I have been so hungry lately thought, and it is freaking me out. I have gained way tooo much weight. I have never weighed this much before. I just want this baby to be born, so I can stop gaining and hopefully lose some of it. It is very depressing...Lately, I have been really missing my skinny, college, pre-kids, pre-marriage body. I know it is all for a good cause and all, but WHY do we have to gain weight to have a baby? Why can't be just have the baby without the weight gain?? Of course, it totally doesn't help that I am at my parents house now and surrounded by junk food. My mom is always hosting parties or celebrations for church or her other organizations and then she brings the left-over donuts and cookies and muffins and chips home. So, I have been eating way more of that crap than I should.

QOTW: No, I do not have everything. No where near it. I don't even have a midwife anymore. I have just started looking, but haven't picked a final one yet. I have enough newborn clothes, however I need heavier, winter things. Heidi was born in Feb in KY, so by the time she 2 months old, it was really warm. Greta will be born in Oct in NH, so it is only going to get colder.

I also need more diapers, don't have all those yet. I am trying to wait until I am closer to giving birth before buying anything, but I do need to start looking for bargains. I need a double stoller, but probably won't get that until the spring, since I figure I can wear Greta all winter long, will keep her warm outside and hopefully she won't be too big to comfortably sling and power-walk before summer (although DD was 20 pounds by 6 months, so we will see). I need to get cloth to make my wrap-sling. I also need a high-chair (but won't need that for seveal months yet, so I am not worried about that), playpen -or bouncy chair, something to put Greta in for short periods of time - I used to just lay Heidi on a blanket on the floor when she was small to do quick things like make lunch and stuff, but with a 2-year old around, I dont' want to do that. I also need more nursing bras, breast pads and cloth pads for me. Eeeek.. I have a lot to do!

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#23 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 04:03 AM

(minus the smile) reflux.....
#24 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the thoughts on my pee problems. We did discuss yeast, but decided it probably wasn't the cause. We'll see what this culture says and go from there I guess. I'm upping the Cranactin again in the meantime. At least this time I haven't gone into PTL again!!! It's a little scary, I didn't realize how easy it could be for my baby to come if I do. I've been doing all this research on bedrest and PTL and how nothing they have really helps much, namely bedrest...but then I learned that bc of how far advanced the baby is in there, I really am at risk and the precautions could help. So I'm trying to take it easy but I hate it!! :

Katie, the baby has actually been at 0 station since 21 weeks, and now this it is head down (and has been for 2-4 weeks now) it is officially engaged. EXTREMELY early, especially for a second baby (usually only first borns engage pre-birthing time). I mean, when this kid hiccups, I feel my outer labia shake, and some of the movements (hands?) are literally right at my pubic bone. This is kid is in position and labor should go fairly quickly (I just have to get the baby to spin!!!).

Sorry about the bad haircuts, that really sucks. I learned from my mother (who got an AWFUL haircut while pregnant with my sister, I mean awful, I mean boy short...on top of her 50lb weight gain and small stature....she cried and cried) so my rule is NO drastic hair changes while pregnant. It will grow back though so don't worry!!

That pumpkin set is very cute!!! Hey now that I'm knitting I bet I could make one like that!!! Gotta order some orange wool yarn!!!

#25 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 09:38 AM

ameliabedelai: s on the weight/eating at moms issue. I totally feel the same way, all my time spent in mich./canada this summer I was around the same junk I'm feeling the gain, but the numbers on the scale haven't been too terrible.

truebluexf: You are such a trooper! Your attitude sounds so positive everytime you post! I've been sending you good spinning vibes! Good luck With your talking about knitting, I just realised it might be pretty easy to crochet a soaker. Could you tell me the dimensions and how to treat the wool ?

I hope I can turn the air on today! It's still pretty steamy down here. A possum was living in our crawl space and chewed a bunch of holes in our ac insulation. It gets colder down there than in the house
#26 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 10:04 AM

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/mothers...tedsoaker.html
http://webhome.idirect.com/~born2luv/pattern.html

I found these two patterns for crocheting a soaker, I thought that might be helpful. The dimensions on the pattern I have for a newborn soaker are: waist:17" Rise:12.5" Thigh: up to 9" Good luck!!!

So I ordered this yarn for a fall saoker...what do you think? http://fabriconnection.com/fpdb/imag...omyarn_208.jpg

#27 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 10:23 AM

I'm still lol at truebluexf! At least you gained more sympathy from your DH.

Piglet: good luck with the move

Mandi: Glad to hear the home improvements are coming along. I'm right there with you with a wrecked house due to remodeling. Last night DH and I were putting up crown moulding in our upstairs bath. What a feat that was, with my big ole preggo body, trying to balance myself on a ladder. My belly was in the way and it was so hard to get close enough to the wall! It was a pretty comedic sight. But alas, it's almost over for us too and then I can get some normalcy back, just in time for the new babe!

Man, I read all the posts and then I get baby brain drain and I can't remember who else has what going on.

QOTW: With 2 kids already, one of each sex, I pretty much have everything I need. I went through 8 20gallon rubbermaid containers full of clothes a few weeks back and seperated the clothes by gender, and took out all the newborn stuff that was gender neutral. I basically threw away most of the onesies, so I'll need to pick up a few new ones. Fiona was the champion spitter upper and ruined a lot of clothes. When I was in NY for vacation in July, my sis and I went to the Carter's outlet and I bought about 12 coverall/footie thingies. I wanted this babe to have a few new things to call its own. I still need some newbie socks. And I need to still sort through my diaper stash. I have about 2 dozen Motherease one size, a few Sandy's, some happy heinies, but I really want to get my hand on some fuzzibunz. I need to watch the TP for some. Oh, and on my wish list is a new Kangaroo Korner Fleece Sling. I have a maya wrap, but a friend of mine as the KK and it is so soft.
#28 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Krnflwr...yes tell me more about what you mw prescribed for you.
It's called Protonix, 20 mg, once a day. She said it was the safest of all the acid-reducers during preg (and nursing) and had the least side-effects (of which I've had none, btw). It made a huge difference in how I was feeling. My acid reflux was getting progressively more and more intense, and I was desperate for anything to relieve my all-day/all-night indigestion. Hopefully the baking soda or mylanta will do the trick for you, but if not, you might ask your MW about this drug.
Hope you feel better soon! You, too, Letitia.

Good luck, Pig, with your move. Waiting to hear from you when you settle in.

Hannah has some sort of stomach bug, she's been vomiting all morning. It's just so sad and pitiful to witness, and I feel so helpless. She can't even keep down sips of water. I finally let her nurse for just a few minutes, and she fell asleep. I suppose I should use this time to get a few things done, and start all the stinky laundry. Hope everyone is feeling vibrant and healthy today!!
#29 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 02:18 PM

Krnflwr...thanks for letting me know. I will ask my dr. about it. I snacked on maalox tablets yesterday, hardly did a thing for me. I finally was able to fall asleep though before dh went to work, so he watched the boys for me. Today I feel a bit better, my back is super achy though. You know that achy body feeling you get when you have the flu, that is what it is like.

Mil gets back tonight. She has been up visiting her daughter in minn. I wish she would stay away a bit longer. She is not always helpful or understanding when it comes to pg discomfort. And she expects that I make dinner every night, the boys eat certain foods, etc. It gets so annoying. SHe isn't horrible, just very self-focused. Ok, I am done ranting now.

Oh and krnflwr I am trying to decide between a multi-color or a fruit. Will let you know soon.
#30 of 111 Old 08-24-2004, 02:28 PM

Add me to the bad haircut list. Last time I went in for a trim, my stylist said the length I usually get isn't "quite right" for the shape of my face just now.... I think this was supposed to be a nice way of saying my face is fat and my usual bob accentuates my double chin. So I ended up with more "layers", ie a mullet/bi-level disaster. Just in time for all the inlaws coming out in two weeks for a big family wedding. I'll be huge, double-chinned, and mulletted.

On the Good News front, my new midwife doesn't subscribe to the "weigh-in" philosophy at prenatal appointments. She says it doesn't really matter what I weigh as long as blood work and blood pressure look good and baby is growing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page