It's September!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 09-04-2004, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi mamas!

so sorry about the discomfort for so many of you - i can't believe how close we are now! i really have no complaints except for a groin pull from about a month ago that seems unlikely to really heal until after the baby is born. no biggie, but every now and then i step wrong and it hurts quite a bit.

also, i'm only 32 weeks so i'm not really worried yet, but my baby is still doing somersaults and i do hope it settles head down soon. i know there are some other mamas in the group with non-vertex babies or other less than ideal presentations... let's have lots of good thoughts for them to all get well positioned soon!

oakember, that woman sounds horrible. there are so many people who just don't know how to be nice, it's really too bad. it sounds like ember had a wonderful time and i wish you had been able to enjoy it more... i understand about having a bad experience cast a lasting shadow on a mood.

wannabmommie, it was interesting reading about your dream about your mother. the last three or four nights, every night, i have dreams of my mom driving me crazy - like really bothering me. we have a very close relationship, but the last two times she visited us, especially the last time, she really said some things that actually made me angry. i was clear with her that what she said was very wrong but i don't think it will really stop her from saying things like that in the future, so i guess i continue to mull over how to respond next time she says something very offensive and that is finding its way into my dreams now too.

krnflwr, your story about hannah was really interesting. children are so amazing and perceptive.

truebluexf, much good luck weathering out the hurricane and returning home.

lucysmama, hope you're hanging in ok. as for feeling hermit tendencies, i guess i do sort of... but i've always been a bit of a homebody and i don't like crowds even when not pregnant i haven't noticed a great change from my norm.

piglet, sounds like things are coming together for you! congrats! i still can't believe how many mamas are moving now! we are getting our "baby room" together. it's painted and dh put in a new subfloor so we'll go get laminate flooring today to put in sometime this weekend. it's really going to serve as a guest room with a dresser where we can put baby clothes and diapers, but it's decorated in bright colors that i wouldn't normally select for an adult guest. we still have a few big projects that i hope get done before the baby comes... especially replacing the plumbing in the downstairs bathroom so we can actually shower down there... right now it would take about 20 minutes to get wet with the lack of pressure.

let's see... had another good midwife appointment yesterday. everything is great except that the baby isn't head down yet (although there is still lots of fluid and room for it to reposition, which it still does regularly). and this monday we start our birthing classes - yay!

ok, big hugs to everyone and i hope you all have a great weekend!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#92 of 110 Old 09-04-2004, 09:01 PM

Sounds like the Pregnant Grumpies are going around. I've got them too. Everyone is driving me nuts lately, and I cannot wait to be done with work!

I've been feeling "off" all week. First the nasty cold/flu, then I started waking up in the middle of the night and having to vomit. It's like I've got morning sickness again! Yesterday at work I felt really weird - hot and dizzy and like my mind was fuzzy - so I checked my blood pressure and it was 135/85! It's usually around 105/60. (I work at a hospital, so I can check whenever the urge strikes.)

I called our midwife and she said to lie down for a bit and then check it again. I did and 45 minutes later it was 131/73, which is better but still too high for my comfort. So I went home and went to bed. Feeling better today, but I was up all night puking up water and having dry heaves. Now my face is all blotchy and there are little red dots (broken capillaries) all over it. Yech. I feel lovely.

So the inlaws will descend upon us from the east coast in four short days for my BIL's wedding. I luuuuv my MIL and SIL, but the prospect of being chipper with a large group of people is a little daunting right now. I feel huge and ugly and none of my clothes fit properly! Yeah yeah yeah cry me a river.

Today we went out to do some shopping, and I swear every sales person asked me if I was due "any day now!" Um, NO! I'm not due for SEVEN WEEKS. Sheesh, what am I, the Good Year Blimp?! OK, going to go crawl back under my grumpy rock.
#93 of 110 Old 09-04-2004, 11:13 PM

Gee, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my swear words...didn't realize that it came across with so much cussing like that, I guess that's what you get for venting a 2 am.

I am feeling very hermitty too (probably with good reason :LOL). The weather has really taken a turn here too so that has some influence over it, I was really neglecting my house while the weather was nice...opting to be at the beach instead, so now that it is been rainy I have been staying home and doing some much needed catch up.

Honestly, I am really non-confrontational too...really I am! It was just the wrong combo of pregnancy hormones and overprotectiveness I guess.

I scored a carseat cover today and 4 more wraps. A small prowrap, 2 lg. Nikki's and a Lg. Kooshie. Now I actually have 3-4 in each size!

Nancy...I had a weird episode today, we were watching a parade and for a moment the road went all wonky and waivery on me, didn't last more than a few seconds. I bet it was my blood pressure too (I had McDonalds for breakfast so it probably serves me right). Oh, I feel for you working momma's...don't know how you've stuck it out for so long!
#94 of 110 Old 09-04-2004, 11:59 PM

Nancy - you sound like me - grumpy and annoyed with everyone! I am also getting size comments, only mine are "You are due in a month??? You barely look pregnant!" and other comments about how small I am carrying. I hear it all the time, and I just wanna say, "Shut yer pie-hole!" Hope your visit with the ILs goes well!

My dd is having some serious emotional problems. She is not handling the move well at all. I know I have said that before, but each day seems to be harder for her. Today she screamed for 2 hours straight - not crying, really - just blood-curdling screaming, like a hysterical infant. Poor girl!!! She finally fell asleep and then woke up an hour later, and screamed for another hour straight. I called my mom out of desperation and practically begged her to take Lucy for the evening, cause I was freaking out. I am So stressed and so heavily pregnant, it makes it hard to deal with a tantruming toddler. I know she is having a rough time, and I try to stay calm to soothe and help her thru it, but everyone has a breaking point, and I needed to not be a Mommy for a few hours. My mom was happy to take her, and they went for ice cream and watched a video while I collected myself. I don't know how it is going to be when the baby comes. I know now that she does not handle big transitions well, so I am preparing myself for the real possibility that this may last a few months. I also now realize that having her at the labor and birth is probably not a good idea, and need to explore other options for her. Aye.
#95 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 12:17 AM

Quick question for you all that have used the trading post....how long should it take until I start to worry...and is there even anything I can do anyway? I bought some wraps of a momma and I Paypal'd her on Aug.21....haven't recieved or heard from her since. I waited until a few days ago and sent her a PM, just to get an idea of when she sent them but haven't heard back from her.

Katie- Sorry to hear that you and Lucy had a rough day. You aren't the only one scrambling with last minute birth plans...Ember has recently announced that she'd rather go to Aunties, that's fine if it happens to be on a weekend when Auntie isn't working. I guess we will just play it by ear and see what happens, maybe when the time comes she will want to come, and if not, luckily I have quite a bit of family around.
#96 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 12:48 AM

T Amie - since you are in Canada, if the mama is in the USA, I would give it another week before I started to worry. Things usually take 2 weeks at least. But don't wait too long - if you get burned on the transaction (like she never contacts you and you never get the wraps) you only have 30 days from your payment date to get your money back.
#97 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 12:52 AM

Thanks Katie. This mom is actually in Canada too, thought it would make it easier, :LOL. Hopefully they will show up this week.
#98 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 01:24 AM

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one around here with the pregnancy grumps. I am trying so hard to stay chipper and nice to Dh, he is being such a wonderful husband/father/partner in all this, and today he really took on keeping Alias out of my hair, but I have my moments where it all just seems to fall apart and there is absolutley nothing he can do right. Poor guy. I know that he is just as anxious to have this pregnancy over as I am. Then maybe the poor guy can catch a break.

Katie! So sorry to hear that Lucy's having a hard time. The poor girl has been thru a lot the past couple of months, so I guess it's not surprising that she's acting out. It's great that your mom was able to come in and spoil her for a couple of hours, and give you what sounds like a well deserved break. It's times like these I wish I had some great words of wisdom to impart, you know something comforting and uplifting, but I am just not that eloquent (nor that wise). So instead I'm sending lots of hugs to you and your Lucy. Rough patches do not go on forever (although they feel like it sometimes).

I have the apartment all to myslef this evening. Dh is out with a friend, they went to a concert at a club, and Alias is asleep. So I am treating myself to an uninterrupted evening on the boards while eating an entire container of Kozy Shack pudding. Ahhh life's simple pleasures.
#99 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirthfulmum
So instead I'm sending lots of hugs to you and your Lucy. Rough patches do not go on forever (although they feel like it sometimes).
Thanks, mirthfulmum - that IS comforting and uplifting.

And I am so sorry mamas for constantly whining to you guys. I swear I am not normally like this, this has just been a rough few months.
#100 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 02:05 AM

[QUOTE=OakEmber] Gee, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my swear words...didn't realize that it came across with so much cussing like that, I guess that's what you get for venting a 2 am. [QUOTE]

: Don't worry about it. I swear like a sailor IRL. Something I'm trying to stop before the baby gets here... DH keeps saying, "Honey, you know the baby can hear you now..."
#101 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
And I am so sorry mamas for constantly whining to you guys. I swear I am not normally like this, this has just been a rough few months.
That's the best part of having a group of women like this. We can vent, bitch and moan to our hearts content and don't have to worry about having the people we see on a regular basis roll thier eyes at us because they've heard the story a hundred times.

Amie - I'm with Nancy. While my language has definately cleaned up the past year or so, when my darling son started saying sh*t everytime he dropped something (fortunately he's stoppped, and now uses the less offensive cr*p ), I still need work. Yup, potty mouth club member in good standing.
#102 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 05:10 AM

You guys always seem to reflect my mood. I'm grumpy, tired, and huge, and my toddler is going through shrieking bouts as well. I'm so glad dh is home for 3 days. I got to take a nap today. I feel like sleeping all the time. I thought about taking a walk today but that's about it. I can't even motivate myself enough to do that. And there are dishes and laundry piled up, cause apparently I'm the only one in this house who knows how to do them.

Hugs to all of you who need them. Katie- if you can't vent here, where can you? We're all in this together, so to speak. I hope things with Lucy settle down soon. I've been thinking that maybe it's anxiety about the unknown for these kids, and after the babies get here they'll adjust and calm down a bit.

Amie- I woulda done the same thing, if not worse. I'm non-confrontational too in the worst way, but when someone messes w/ my kid, it lites a fire in me. I'm glad Ember had a good time though.

And Nancy - what the heck is going on? Puking and B/P problems!? I'm so sorry you're so sick! Hopefully it will pass soon. Is it flu season already?

Hope you enjoyed your pudding Mirthfulmum! That sounds so good.

p.s.- I'm a potty mouth too, but try really hard not to be around ds. When I do slip, he says, "mommy don't say that bad word!" Which is good, cause at least he's not repeating them anymore. That was a fun phase.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#103 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 12:33 PM

I just realized that I didn't send any hugs to Nancy!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. Maybe it's just a bug and it'll pass quickly :. In the mean time, take care of yourself.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, she is also pregnant with her second and has a toddler at home, and we were thinking that intuitively our kids just know that the babies are comming soon. No matter how many books we read to Alias, or how many times he watches the birth video, I don't really believe he can fully grasp what is going to be happening to the family in the next few weeks. The concept of adding an entirely new person to our family is a pretty complex idea, and frankly one that sometimes I have a hard time fully understanding. But on some instinctual level, he senses the big change that is about to happen in his life. I guess I've been lucky in that he's not been tantruming much. He definately has been more aggressive towards me, hitting and bitting me, but mostly he's been more clingy lately. He wants me to carry him everywhere, he wants to be sitting on my lap, and most nights he's rolled into our bed and snuggled up close to me by 3 am (which woud've never happened a couple of months ago, my boy likes his sleeping space). I really believe that though our little toddlers may be too young to "get" the whole baby thing they still picking up on the major change to come, so they're acting out more than usual. I guess it's just a sign of the new adventures in parenting we're all about to embark on!
#104 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 12:53 PM

Mirthfulmum- that makes so much sense. I bet that has a lot to do with how much trouble we all seem to be having with our toddlers lately. I'm sure Lu is picking up on my stress and panicky "get everything ready for the baby"-ness, so even though she doesn't get that the baby is coming so soon, she probably knows on some level that her life is going to change even more.
#105 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 03:41 PM

To all who are feeling tired, big and sick. Court I too just want to sleep all the time, but it doesn't always happen. And the whole hermit, that is definitely me these days. It takes so much energy just to take the kids outside and it has been so warm this past week. My oldest has been fighting a fever, so I feel like I have a legitimate excuse not to go out.

So I was pretty close to waking up dh yesterday and telling him I needed to go to the hospital. For a whole hour I had contractions that ranged between 2-15 min. apart. Half of them I had to relax and breathe through them. I reached 33 weeks yesterday and just kept praying, "Please God, take these away. It is too early to have my little guy." And he did, but I was a bit scared there. It seems like any little extra energy I put out causes my belly to get hard with sometimes braxton hicks and sometimes the real ones. Some days I just don't know if I will make it to my due date or my "guess-date." Anyways just wanted to send sticky baby vibes to everyone, that all of our babes will "cook" a bit longer till it is safe for them to come out
#106 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 10:08 PM

For all you mommas participating in the bead swap... I've sent out the PM with the names and addresses so if you didn't get the list PM me and let me know.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
#107 of 110 Old 09-05-2004, 10:23 PM

((hugs)) to all of you needing them. Katie, hon, I so hope things mellow out for you soon ... you sure deserve it after all the chaos you've been through!!

I too have been pretty darn grumpy. Fortunately not so much in every day going ons w/ DH and DS, but my mom has been driving me crazy lately, I'm sick of people asking me when I'm due (I don't know why, but I'm feeling so much more private about this pregnancy), I'm sick of people telling me "you're huge!" (as if being pregnant means that *anyone* likes hearing that? WTHeck is that about?) Thing is that I don't feel abnormally huge, and then I get wondering if I totally have a wrong mental picture of my size *lol* Grump, grump, grump.

I also think DS is picking up on the imminance of this baby coming. He's not "acting out" ... but he is acting more needy, fortunately nothing too overwhelming yet. He slept with his arms around me the entire night last night. It was sweet, and I *love* cuddling with him, but I have to admit that in the morning all I could think was that it wouldn't work to sleep like that all night long once the new baby's here. I take extra breaks w/ him throughout the day, we're reading "Little House on the Prairie" together, so we snuggle up on the couch to read a chapter on and off throughout the day. I need to find another book to follow up with once we're through that one and the next book in the series. Anyway, my gut tells me that I need to respond openly to his needing more of me, but some intellectual part of me asks if I'm setting him up to expect too much once the baby's here. Oh god, I hope I can *someone* manage to meet everyone's needs and not be totally wiped out.
#108 of 110 Old 09-06-2004, 07:40 AM

:
It's 3:43 am. I have been awake since 1:30. How can I be so tired and yet so awake a the same time?
#109 of 110 Old 09-06-2004, 09:56 AM

Good Morning Mirthful, hope you got to sleep eventually! I hate insomnia - whose idea was that anyways!

Today is labor day - the holiday which means I have 1 week to go until term (37 weeks), how unreal! We are re-borrowing most of our baby equiptment and most of it is scheduled to be picked up or dropped off over the next two weeks. My house is gonna start looking like a newborn is coming soon!

I hope everyone is dealing ok with the grumpies and the hermitness. I'm definetly a grumpy mama and I'm on my way to hermit status too. This weekend we've stuck pretty close to home but I don't mind going places as long as DH comes too. I'm finding it very difficult to deal with DD in public places these days. She also seems to be picking up on all the vibes of change and has been acting differently lately (of course it could just be a sign of being 2 as well!).
Must go and feed my family. Have a great day everyone. Hugs to all - we're getting there mamas!
#110 of 110 Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 AM

b/c I was sitting up a few hours before eating dried papaya and falling asleep. Then I got up and got on the computer for a while. I was back a sleep by the time you got up.

btw, yall have some beautiful names maybe I should look and see what goes with Mikayla. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page