week of September 6! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2004, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Katie - Well I've heard that when the baby's getting close the body does a "cleaning out". But I think that this happens a day or 2 before labour, but I may be wrong. I've been having similar bathroom expereinces (to put it delicately) for a week or two now. I think we're getting close... but not that close.

And as for nursing vs. pumping leaking... I'd say yeah you're going to leak if you're nursing. I don't think that pumping stimulates milk production as strongly as breast feeding. My guess is that you'll be pretty surprised by just how much milk your body produces when your new little baby arrives. I personally leaked constantly for the first few months (I'm a bit of an overproducer though). But I didn't know any nusing moms who didn't need to wear nursing pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 11:17 PM

Hello ladies! I've been feeling anxious all of the sudden too, like it's starting to feel kind of real. Last night, since he was showing interest, I was showing Logan some pictures online of babies being born- they were all homebirth situations and they showed everything. His reaction was, "ooh mama that's gross!" So I was like, "no, it's a beautiful thing!" But secretly on this inside, I was like, "yeah that's pretty gross." I'm awful I know, but geeze I forgot how messy it is. I guess I have this cleaned up, idealized version of birth in my head. And in some pictures um, well you could kind of see some poop too. So, I was reminded of that as well. I don't know why I'm getting squeamish all of the sudden. But anyways after his gross comment I said, "Well that's how you came out!" and he enthusiastically said "YEAH!" I forgot he's a fan of "gross" things. Just trying to prepare him for what he might see you know.

And as usual I'm freaking out at the thought of having to juggle 2 kids, I guess I should worry about that more than giving birth in front of a room full of people.

Letia- my right boob is the more active one too! I hear that about a lot of right boobs.

I leaked like crazy those first few months of nursing. I should say "sprayed" like crazy. And I didn't know to get a sleep bra to hold pads in, so I was wearing normal nursing bras all the time and it was so uncomfortable. If I didn't have a bra on, I just walked around the house with a towel under my shirt.

And sunshinegal - it's great to hear that you love your naked preggo body! I guess I can love mine too.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 09-10-2004, 11:44 PM

Thanks mirthfulmum! I don't think we're that close to labor, either - I think I am 2 weeks away from it at the soonest. Just wondering if it could be related, or if there may be something else goin' on in there! I think maybe it is hormonal - I am very sensitive to hormonal changes in general. (My bowel patterns change when I ovulate and when I have my period, too.) So maybe SOMETHING is getting increased in our bodies.

And thanks for the leaking tip. I will have to look for some inexpensive nursing pads. I just saw some at some WAHM store for $1.50 a pair....where was that??? Those Lilypadz sound interesting, although I am not sure they would work on my sensitive skin. I usually have to stick to natural fibers against my body, or it drives me nuts with itchiness. Someone let us know how they work, though!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:51 AM

Just to toss my $.02 in here in regards to leaking...
I really didn't leak that much in the beginning, after Hannah was born. Maybe just a bit for the first few weeks. Nothing too messy. And after that, if I did leak it was only from the lefty. I hardly ever used the nursing pads I had (from Bravado, I believe, pretty nice, washable ones) and I was quite the overproducer. My DH says I have good check valves, although the left one needs to be tightened. He's a bit of a geek.
Anyway, I think leaking is common...but not necessarily a problem for everyone.
And, yes, lots of stool (cleansing of the bowels) is one sign of impending labor. But I think it could also just be hormonal in general. I've been majorly constipated since I was like 5 min preg, but have gone 3x today.....which hasn't happened to me in over a year. A record for me! Guess this is just a poopy day for us all!
Old 09-11-2004, 11:56 AM

Playing catch-up here so if I forget someone..I'm Sorry.

Trueblue...Another hurricane!!! Your are in my prayers.

Lucysmama...sorry about the added stress of dh losing his job. Praying it opens the door for a better one.

Piglet...so fun to be getting your furniture and getting settled

Well ladies I am 34 WEEKS today!!!! And another year older Yesterday was my 26th birthday...I still feel 21. We went shopping on Thurs. and I am now officially set for the baby. Last night dh took me to a micro brewery for dinner (their beer was very tasty..I kept getting sips from dh). I couldn't eat much of my dinner though, I have no room for food anymore. I will eat just a bit and it feels like I stuffed myself to the max. We then went and saw the movie "Hero." Very good and captivating. It moved so quickly, never felt like it dragged anywhere. I definitely recommend it.

I have also decided to close up shop. With #4 coming and moving in less than a year and getting ready to homeschool, I've decided to let my biz go. So if I don't post much, its because I am busy with my sale and getting hopefully most everything cleared out before baby comes.

Have a great weekend mamas!!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:14 PM

:
Happy Birthday Kimberly
It sure does sound like you've got a lot of changes and new responsiilities comming inot your life soon. Good luck in your new phase of life!
Old 09-11-2004, 02:20 PM

Happy Birthday Kimberly : And congrats on selling your business...it sure sounds like you will be busy enough without it!

Mirthfulmum :LOL that was too cute of a quote...maybe we should all adopt that as our signatures, :LOL!

About the leaking...Katie, yes I think you should expect to leak. I seem to be low on the leaking scale, last time I just used disposies and I think I only only bought one box of them, so I was a small leaker, but I still did. Mostly at night it seemed, I remember waking up in a few puddles :LOL

Can't remember who it was that mentioned the smaller breasts and pads....but I am there with ya! I just ordered some MOE pads and they are soo huge on me :LOL Oh well, they will be good around home and at night. I should look into some contoured too, and maybe even smaller ones. I have a WAHM making me some, maybe I should say I need smaller than usual, :LOL.

And finally some job news on our end Sounds like Dh is finally getting some work...keep your : for us!! Only one problem though....he might have to go to Florida (of all places) a week from Monday...that's starting to get pretty close to term : Hopefully all the hurricane action will be over with by then. He went last summer for what was supposed to be a week, and ended up being there 3.5 weeks...we don't have that sort of time on our hands now :LOL I don't want to get to excited before it actually is "real" KWIM but we really, really need for this to work out if we want to continue living where we are...there isn't anything in the area for him so contracting from home would be awesome.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:10 PM

OakEmber and Mirthfulmom..thanks for the Birthday wishes 2

And OakEmber...that is great on dh's possible job. Can I ask what exactly he does? That would be great if he could work from home.

As for nursing pads, I used flat ones with Sammy and they worked great, but look funny under your shirt. I got some contoured ones on sale after I stopped leaking so i am looking forward to trying those out with this one. I hope they look better under my shirt. At least, it will be cold and I will be wearing layers. The outer layer will cover them up real nice
Old 09-11-2004, 05:59 PM

That's great news Amie! Hopefully the job works out. Contracting from home sounds like a great arangement. Too bad about him having to go to Florida though. It's cutting it pretty close. Hopefully Oakley dosen't decide to make an early entrance when your Dh is away. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

We've been doing house work all day today and almost have the kids' room all organized and ready for baby. It's unreal how close Harrison's arrival is.

I had a baby dream last night (unusual for me as I haven't had any since right before I found out I was pregnant). In my dream the baby was a girl and although she was just born she could already talk like a 1 year old. She looked up at me and said "mommy, milkies please" and I was totally blown away by how brilliant she was. And I was thrilled to have someone to nurse again. And all the while during my dream I kept thinking how strange it was to be having a baby dream and that my dreaming about the baby must mean that Harrison is comming very soon.

And today I've been a lot of contractions (probably because of all the house work). I'm not really keeping track of the timing but I've had 5 so far since I've woken up. I do not think that I'm in labour but it really : me out since I'm 37 weeks officially tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! I could be having a baby any day! But hopefully not for another week. Still have stuff I've got to get done first.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:59 PM

Had my first shower today...talk about pain and one of the hostesses who's an OB nurse telling me about ordering drugs, and then they were asking the mothers in the church if they had hbs and the oldest mother did and I said, "Well, now that Mother Whitaker opened the door, I'm having a hb." It was the quietest it had been the entire shower! :LOL They were asking questions and the other mother who was a nurse ask about episiotomies b/c her daughter tore all the way to her rectum with one. I told her that they don't do them routine. Then they were all like going nuts b/c of no meds and the mother who had the hbs said it *could* be done! :LOL

And then there was a question about organics and I explained. One of our ministers, who is and also a nurse said that I can't have my child walk around with a mask. She was blown away by the fact that I prefer organic cotton and hemp and told dh he needed a second job. Small town minds. Even tho they haven't heard of it its weird. I mean no harm to small towns; but, don't judge me! :

Well, mama still doesn't know about the hb. She mad me when I mentioned I was up with reflux. She told me I ate somethign I had no business eating or I laid down on something. I told her my stomach is at my breasts! She said she didn't have it when she was pg. I told her pregnancies are different. You'd think she'd realize that! I wanted to tell her fyi, I'm having a hb; but, I thought that wouldn't be nice and she *has* had a heart attack. :LOL

btw, one of the *other* mothers of the church said that she had two at home. She said don't think about and I could do it and that it hurts no less than in the hosp. She really affirmed me before I left. I heard some comments like hb is coming back....I told them the stats on hb as far as how many are doing it...it could have been worse. They all replied. to the liability thing in hosp, which is why I decided against it yall know b/c they wouldn't let me have a wb. The minister/nurse who's pg was like why would I do this my first baby...and she was practically debating me about routine u/s. I'm not a debater. Saved by the cake cutting. She was asking about positioning of the baby through seeing on u/s. I told her that they found that information by palpitation. I don't mind questions at all! I was a teacher; but, not with judgement and just because *your* doc does it doesn't make it right! Anyway! I'm surprised I didn't get a whole lot of bottles and sposies. Apparently, they aren't familiar with registries? *Some* of them! I got a travel bottle warmer...: and I didn't get any sposies! That's a common gift at our showers.

Anyway, I'm beat. Having a little time in the room with the seat with the hole myself. Gotta love wireless! :LOL
Old 09-11-2004, 11:37 PM

Letia - glad you had a good shower!!! And maybe you helped to open a few minds, who knows? Good luck telling your mama, whenever you get to do it! And shame on her for making you feel bad about your heartburn....here, I will say something nice: "I am so sorry you have heartuburn, sweetie. That must feel terrible! I hope it goes away in time for you to get some rest tonight."

Amie - good luck on dh's job! I know how rough it is to be up in the air!

Mirthfulmum- Are you nesting, or is it a struggle to do all that housework? I am seriously nesting over here. I am supposed to be still "taking it easy" but dh keeps catching me scrubbing the appliances, polishing the sink, etc. Yesterday I was DYING to vacuum. I sprinkled baking soda all over the carpets, and only got half done before I started having a bunch of contractions, and dh had to finish. It was really hard though, he kept missing spots and I was getting so aggrivated. I just wanted to jump up and rip the vacuum outta his hand and show him how it's done. Nuts, huh??? Tomorrow I want to take the couch outside, spritz it with lemon water, and let it dry in the sun. I just want everything clean and fresh.

My Grandma just called and told me she wants to make the baby something. I asked her to make me a bunch of wipes, but I guess she thought that wasn't fun enough to make or something. : So, she said she will make the baby a bunch of little flannel zip-up gowns in blue and yellow. She really pressed me for an EDD, but I stood strong and said "mid-October." (Nobody knows my EDD except dh and my mw and you guys.)
Old 09-12-2004, 12:17 AM

Just an FYI for those mailing beads: I just got a couple envelopes returned to me needing more postage. So I have to add 12 cents (US) and re-mail them because they're "bulky" and didn't make it through the machines. They're really not that bulky, but hey. I don't know if I'll get them ALL returned or not.

Letia- I loved reading about your shower. I'm glad you got some affirming comments to balance out the others. Sorry your mom's getting you down too. My mom always seems baffled when I mention pregnancy discomforts - like I'm just making it up or something.

Amie- Yay for your dh! I hope the job comes through, and I hope he's safe on his trip to Florida.

Susan- We went to Saturday market today and I saw the sling lady there. I thought her sling design was really great. She demo'd it for us and it seems perfect. We almost bought one, but then dh wanted to wait a while and "think" about it. I guess 60 bucks is a lot to drop when we already have a sling. We got her card though, so I'm sure I'll end up getting one eventually.

Mirthfulmum I can't believe you're already 37 weeks! That's crazy! Pretty soon we're gonna start seeing the "I think I might be in labor" posts.

And Happy Birthday Kimberly! I hope it was a good one! 2 - that's my b.day hug!

Old 09-12-2004, 12:36 AM

Ack, I'm 36 weeks today!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend

I'm getting excited for my birth blessing tomorrow evening. I've never had any kind of shower, etc ... it's a stretch for me to be so enthusiastic around something so blatently focused on *me* ... but this is a pretty tight knit group of women that I feel comfortable with, and it's all a surprise (in that I have no idea what's being planned), and to be honest, I'm looking forward to taking the time to be made feel special for once. I'm sure I'll come home and bore you all with the details afterwards :LOL

Anyone thinking about post-baby birth control yet? I really don't want to get pregnant again any time soon (maybe ever...) ... but DH and I aren't ready to do anything permanent, and I'm not wanting to do anything hormonal ... so I'm thinking about the IUD. Anyone have experiences or thoughts to share? I'm just not comfortable relying on NFP while nursing. I can always tell within a day or so when I'm about to ovulate ... but that's not good enough when you're trying to *avoid* becoming pregnant. And with nursing a new little one, I won't be getting enough uninterrupted sleep to temp. accurately. I know if I nurse exclusively (no pacis, supplements, totally on demand, etc.) it's supposed to be pretty effective. But it's a bit too chancy for my taste. I have a hard enough time as it is to let go mentally and relax enough to *really* enjoy sex ... worrying about an unplanned pregnancy would really make it more challenging. So, just curious if anyone is having similar thoughts, etc.

Oh ... and is anyone doing anything herbal/supplement wise to support this last phase of their pregnancy? I've been drinking my pregnancy blend tea from Demetria again (stopped it after my PTL scare at 19 weeks). And I'm about to start taking Evening Primrose Oil daily. Still taking prenatals and B complex...

Off to get a nice quiet bath and crawl in bed with my boys. I'm getting excited for all of us! How amazingly awesome will be it be hear about our first baby??
Old 09-12-2004, 01:01 AM

Christine -

I haven't thought too much about birth control yet. Mainly, I just don't see a whole lotta sex happening for a while. I think we will just stick to charting, since I know how to do that really well. Also, it took us a year to get pregnant with this baby, and we had to use real egg whites to do it. (You may think that whole thing is a myth - it isn't! Every cycle we did it we got pregnant, after almost a year of trying. We got pregnant 3 times 4 months, but lost the first 2.) Anyway. I am not too worried about an accidental pregnancy, we don't seem to have high combined fertility.

Oh! and I am taking the following supplements daily:
-Pregnancy Tea
-RRL Tea
-Prenatal vitamin
-Liquid chlorophyll (iron-booster)
-Hemagenics (iron-booster)

And I am going to start doing EPO vaginally next week, when I get to full term. I didn't dilate or efface with my dd before 40.5 weeks when I was induced, and I would like to try to encourage that naturally this time.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:51 PM

Well we have the opposite fertility issues than Katie, we get pregnant at the drop of a hat (or pants if you will ). We have had sex 4 times without using some form of birth control, I have been pregnant 3 times (1 miscarriage). And I got pregnant this time because I didn't want to spoil the mood and put in my diaphram. In the heat of the moment I tried to do the math in my head to tell if I was ovulating or not but obviously, I was wrong. So birth control and what to do after Harrison is born has been a topic of converstaion for us pretty much since we found out we were pregnant again. Dh has always said that when we're done having children he'd get a vasectomy. So right now we're just trying to decide if we are really and truly done. We are 90% sure that we only want to have 2 children, but sometimes I worry that we'll change our minds 5 years down the line. With Alias, I didn't start having my period until he was 17months old, so I feel like we have a few months after Harrison is born to decide for sure. I guess we want to see just how hard it is to parent 2 before we permanantly decide no more kids.

As for the supplements I'm taking: prenatals and Floradix (for iron)
Old 09-12-2004, 04:51 PM

I've definitely been thinking about birth control because I think we're done at 2. I'll be getting the Mirena IUD - I've done a lot of research on it, and it seems right for me. Although we think we're done, we're just not ready for anything permanent... and I hate bc pills and condoms.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:20 PM

I have been wondering about bc as well. We never really used it before, intentionally, and well you all already know this is #4 in just under 4 years. My first two were bf but not exclusively and I got pg easily. Sammy was excusively bf and when he started eating foods at 10-11 mos. I got pg, so I think the exclusive really was effective for me. I think I will read up on "taking charge of your fertility," and pray that it will be awhile. I am not into pills or condoms as well.

As for the "stuff" that I am taking, I am currently drinking pregnancy tea and taking my prenatals when I think of it. I am at 34 weeks so around 37-38 weeks I will start taking the evening primose oil by mouth. I took it for the first time a few days before I had Sammy and it helped very nicely in thinning my cervix.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:07 PM

I don't know anything about evening primose oil. What is it and why would I want to take it?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the well wishes re: Dh's job situation. He has a conference call on Tues AM so I should know more then. It means that he will miss the midwife appt. but he has come to every other one so far so I can't complain...plus I am gonna take my mom so she has a chance to meet her before the birth. As for him making it back in time...if he is going to go, I just want it to be soon...he has until about the 3 or 4th of Oct. in my mind since my prediction starts Oct.6 Stanelymama- He's mechanical designer...that's the easy answer at least; basically everything he does is over my head :LOL, high tech stuff that I know nothing about.

Ah, the dreaded BC topic. I have to tell you, I did use the IUD before and didn't like it...but maybe it will work better for you guys. I used it before having children, which isn't really recommended so maybe it would be better after you've had. It gave me really bad cramps, something I don't experience regularly...like making me think, gosh I hope labour does not feel like this! I only had it in for 3 cycles, then had it removed. When I had my period it felt like my body was trying to expel the thing, and I even had an xray to see if it had slipped...so I didn't fully trust the thing. Lastly-TMI, it made me self concious because my discharge smelled coppery to me, therefore I didn't want DH to go down there. Maybe a newer kind, like Mirena would be better. I can't remember what brand I used, it was in about 97-98ish. The good thing though is it is relatively easy to put in and out (though not comfortable) so it is worth a try, you can always remove it.

I don't know what we will do...probably the dreaded condoms That's pretty much what we used after Ember, and I am sure that the box lasted us the first year. I don't know if Dh will be willing to get fixed quite yet, even though we are pretty sure we are done. We practiced NFP for over a year but we were open to an oops, I don't know how I feel about using it now that we are done...plus I plan on nursing for at least the first 2 years.

Supplements- I am only doing RRL currently (and prenatals most days anyway, when I remember them). I am having about 2 cups of tea per day on average. I had forgotten about EPO so maybe I'll pick up some capsules and start taking those.

Oh and Courtney, that kinda sucks! I just mailed mine out on Sat...I hope that they make it through! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:40 PM

The Mirena is supposed to be a lot better than the old copper kind (if that's what you had). Most people report that periods are shorter and come with less cramping. It just releases tiny amounts of progesterone (sp?) into the uterus. It doesn't enter the bloodstream, so you don't have all the hormonal effects of bc. With me, bc made me nauseus everyday and it killed my libido - a good way to prevent pregnancy.

We did NFP for a couple years and were open to an oops - which is exactly what happened. Well, I kinda knew I was cutting it close when Zander was conceived - and we kind of had a little baby fever at the time too. Nursing kept my fertility away for about a year, so that was good. This time I'm not open to an oops.

I don't know anything about all these herbal supplements you guys are always talking about...or where to get them. I looked for RRL tea the other day but couldn't find it. I'm guessing I need to go to a natural food store. And even when I'm in a natural food store, it is such a maze of supplements, everything just starts spinning. I think I'm gonna make a cup of pregancy tea, just so I don't feel left out.

BTW I'm still in my pj's, and dh just took ds out to an auto parts store or something. I made him get ds dressed and brush his teeth. I've been training him lately on the care and feeding of Logan, so he won't have any excuses when the baby comes. He's always been good at playing and cuddling with him - but it's the mundane stuff he needs to practice. His biggest mistake is always asking Logan stuff like, "do you want to get dressed?" or "do you want to take a bath?" and Logan almost always says "no." So dh is like, "honey, he said no!"

Old 09-12-2004, 09:04 PM

I'm a big gooey hormonal mess today. My mom wanted to babysit Lucy today, which was GREAT with me and dh - we could use a tantrum-break. So, she took dd, and dh really wanted the two of us to go out and DO something - see a movie, take a walk, etc..I just wanted stay home and clean and organize and put baby stuff away and get the house ready for our home visit with the midwives. He kept asking me, "Whaddya wanna do?? What should we do?" over and over again. I finally snapped, and started crying, and told him he was annoying the f*ck out of me, and if he wanted to do something, he should go. I practically pushed him out the door. So much for a nice day together. I just feel like being alone, in my house, with no annoying people bugging me. What a basket case, huh?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:29 PM

I've been thinking about trying EPO this time around. If I understand correctly you can take it orally or vaginally? Recommendations??? What do I buy at the health food store, is there a certain amount or dose or whatever? I'm a bit clueless if you can't tell!

Right now the only suppliments I'm taking are Mama Tea with RRL and my Materna prenatals. Both are not being taken as regularly as I should, especially the tea.

Amie - a job on the horizon sounds promising, I hope everything goes smoothly and that DH is arround for the big moment!

Katie - sounds like a rough day, perhaps some alone time helped you get evened out? Hope so, I love my alone time these days.

Courtney - my DH is doing really well in the DD department, probably even better than me! Seriously, he is dealing with her tantrums so effectivly - talking to her, getting down on her level, helping her understand her emotions, etc... I'm in shock! I was gonna be happy if he could take care of the physical side of her but her is really amazing with the emotions of a 26month old too- who knew!?!?

Christine - enjoy your mothers blessing,what a special thing to experience!

Letia - I also had a shower this weekend. Mine was mostly my mama friends sans our children. It was so nice just to hang out and chat (and EAT). Luckily these people are super supportive of me and everyone is just impressed that I'm not birthing at a hospital (at a birthing centre though), no one makes me justify a thing.

As for BC, DH and I will go the condom route at first and perhaps we'll discuss things later. I know DH thinks we're done having kids after this but I'm not ready to commit to that just yet. We'll see...
Old 09-12-2004, 11:26 PM

No....he should have been more sensitive! After all, this is *not* his first child! He should recognize that its time for you to nest. (I've *totally* been riding dh about the home visit and the bedroom etc) I'm layin in the bed last night and he is moving the frig cleaning behind it b/c we have ants in our kitchen and I'm going ! He took off a Friday to work in the bedroom and he's going to take the time that he used to take for doc visits, even tho my mw does prenatal day on Sat to accomodate dh's, to get the second bedroom aka his dungeon clean b/c the mws need a sleeping space and our home visit is in a couple weeks.

Bc..... you still have to think about that after having a baby ? Weeeeeeeeeeeeell...NO bc pills for me! btw, I think the IUD maybe one is hormonal and one version isn't.... That seems very pro-choice to this prolifer. I thought it stopped implantation... and besides something up me..well....I just can't get with that thing in my uterus! Bc stinks! : We used condoms while we had to put ttc on hold while I had surgery last year. Komodo, the natural latex and no spermicide. I was soooooooooooo glad to start ttc to get rid of those. I asked about LAM and the thing is the timing of that PPAF. I don't know about NFP....we used FAM I guess for ttc... With a new baby would I be able to keep up with NFP.

: taking something else, well taking vits lately has been....errrrrrr....nonexistent :

I saw EPO on my mws list. I know why she would want me to do alfalfa but why EPO? I thought that induced labor like cohash?

mamas. I was talking to my mamas best friend tonight and venting to her about mama. She had me :LOL b/c she knows about the hb and she and mama were talking about the birth and how mil wants to be ....in the room. She was trying so hard to make it sound like a hosp birth! She tickled herself and was like when is this girl gon tell it! She can't wait to play dumb.

OK, I did it! But, I'm too busy :LOL so I'll tell ya later! Mama usually isn't speechless as yall have clearly gathered.....
Old 09-13-2004, 12:01 AM

i'm interested in hearing all about the EPO! PM or email me?

BC ... whew! i have PCOS and bcC pills are a good part of treatment for me, and i need to go back on treatment soon after birth, but i don't think there's a pill i can take while breastfeeding, right? i have no idea what we're going to do for bc, but we'll figure it out in a hurry i'm sure.

nesting ... must be a primal instinct, if you can call vacuuming a rug primal i'm obsessed with cleaning the whole house but i'm on bedrest, my husband says he likes cleaning it as long as i keep him company and tell him where everything goes.

made a baby blanket today, i got tired of all the pink so i got some cotton flannel that's purple swirly with lime-green frogs wearing pajamas and bunny slippers on it. it feels so good to make something by hand, i used to crochet but the arthritis is a bitch.

is it too late for me to get into the bead swap? i do polymer clay stuff and love beads

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

Old 09-13-2004, 01:30 AM

I have only heard that EPO is to help ripen the cervix (thin it out) to help aid you into going into labor. That is why I took it with Sammy... I was ready to get him out and it was the week he was due.

I have heard though also that it is beneficial for women, but I forget how...maybe something to do with skin. I am talking about non-pg women btw. Anyways I too would like to be enlightened.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

ugh!! i'm on dh's computer and this mac keyboard is so different i keep deleting my post!!!

short version: katie, i feel your pain and know that you aren't the only one getting hormonal on your dh. it sucks to be dependent on them to move/clean and especially when they don't do a good job and they dont' get why we are so obsessed about it.

things are settling here and actually starting to look like a home and not the aftermath of a hurricane. cat is here, since lady looking after her went on a three week business trip. lady is a loner type who spoiled her rotten and, i can 't believe i'm saying this, but i'm going to ask her if she wants to keep cat. my cat of 12 years, love her but honestly i'm not into chasing her off our brand new sofa and off the diaper changing station!!

question: on a few occasions lately I've had this weird thing going on where i 'see' a flash of light out of the far corner of my left eye. is this some strange pregnancy thing? i'm going to see my doc on tuesday so i'll ask her.

going to my old LLL group's meeting tomorrow AM. cannot wait to see my old mama buddies!!

g'night ladies!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 09-13-2004, 02:47 AM

One more thing about the IUD (if anyone cares)...I talked to my midwife about the implantation thing, cause the thought of a fertilized egg passing every month bothered me too. Anyways, she said basically it prevents the sperm from even fertilizing the egg. Also I've heard that it makes you form a mucus plug so that sperm shouldn't even get up there in the first place.

Jillerina- that's so great that your dh is good w/ the tantrums and emotional issues! I wish I could say the same about my dh. He practically has a tantrum right along with Logan, so I have to calm two people down. Anyways, you're very lucky.

Katie- 2 You sound like a mom about to have a baby! Dh's can be so annoying. I kicked mine out of the house today too. Like you, I'm perfectly content organizing and cleaning, and he's like, "We HAVE to get out!". I hope you were able to get a nice break.

Letia - I can't wait to hear your story! How could you leave us hangin?

Old 09-13-2004, 04:45 AM

My first middle of the night post. Why am I awake you ask... is it the night sweats, the general discomfort, the baby kicking, the heartburn, the need to pee? Who knows which of these ailments woke me but that is pretty much what I'm feeling right now at 2:44am!!! Oh well, life as a pregnant woman goes on...
Bonne Nuit!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellybean
i have PCOS and bcC pills are a good part of treatment for me, and i need to go back on treatment soon after birth, but i don't think there's a pill i can take while breastfeeding, right?
Yes, there are bc pills you can take safely while breastfeeding, but I don't know any of their brand names off-hand. Perhaps talking to your doc/mw at your 6 wk post-baby check in, and/or contacting La Leche League (who has the most recent research and list of safe drugs) will help you make a decision. I know there are bc pills out there that work for bc and don't effect nursing...if they work for PCOS I don't know.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
question: on a few occasions lately I've had this weird thing going on where i 'see' a flash of light out of the far corner of my left eye. is this some strange pregnancy thing?
Pig, I know that it is common for the fluid levels in your eyes to change during pregnancy (like all our other fluids...swollen feet, anyone?) and that can actually effect your sight. It's one of those "symptoms" of pregnancy. But seeing "lightning bolts" or flashes is actually one sign of retinal detachment, not to freak you out, and I think you should talk to a doc or eye-type-person right away. Now, I don't know if that is the only thing it can mean, but I'd take it seriously.
I have retinal degeneration in both my eyes, and have had surgery on both to help slow it down and stick my retina back into place (ugh!). The flashing lights (or lightning bolts) is the one thing they are ALWAYS asking me about and telling me to look out for. So call someone, please.

User Tag List