MamaEmerald 10/08
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
ashleepurdie 10/12 *prediction: boy, 12 hours easy labour*
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa?
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam scheduled cesarian October 8
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
AngelBee 10/25 BOY! Angelo Richard
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Hi ladies! Start of another week already. Where does the time go?? I can't believe in another couple of weeks we could be hearing birth stories! As mentioned previously, I'll make a sticky thread for just birth stories, and then we can post congrats, etc in our regular weekly threads, if that sounds good to all of you.

Question of the Week: this is sort of a double question; do you have any stretch marks yet, and also do you have a linea nigra yet?

I'm 34 weeks today!

I remember my linea nigra (that dark line from your pubic bone to your navel) did not show up until fairly late in my PG with Emily, but I thought by now I'd have a clear one. Instead, it's very faint, though I'm getting the black hairs around my navel that I had before. I'm also amazed to report that I have no stretch marks. No NEW ones that is, lol. I got several on my lower belly with DD. Of course, now that I've said this I'll probably sprout a couple of new ones very soon, lol.

Have a great day, and I'll be checking in with y'all later!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#2 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
QOTW: I have really no stretch marks, just a few on my butt, but none on my belly : I must just have very elastic skin or something. And I don't think I have ever had the linea nigra. I am pretty fair skinned so I am not surprised by that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We are laying low and relaxing I think it is going to rain as well, making it a perfect movie/read a book day. I really want to grill out though. Can you grill out in the rain
#3 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 02:51 PM

Hey everyone!
Well, I don't have any new stretch marks, that I know of. I got plenty the first time around. I also don't get them on my belly - my hips, butt, and boobs took them all. My linea nigrea went above my navel up towards my chest last time. I'm still waiting for it. If I look in the mirror I can see a very faint hint of one forming.

We've been staying close to home this weekend, being really lazy. It's really nice to have dh home helping with ds. He's supposed to take him to the airplane (WWII) museum today. That would leave me time to myself to do a whole lotta nothin.

And I've grilled in the rain before - it was light rain. I just lit the coals under an awning (sp?) beforehand. Ofcourse a gas grill is probably easier.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#4 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 03:01 PM

35 weeks!

QOTW: I didn't get a linea nigra last time, and I guess I won't this time either. I am the fairest of the fair! I can see all my veins, and I burn in about 15 minutes, that is how fair I am! So it doesn't surprise me at all.

I did, however, sprout 3 new stretchmarks this pregnancy....but on my SIDE! It's weird. They are about halfway between my bra and hips, only on one side. I hope I don't get anymore. I got a lot on my belly during Lu's pregnancy, on either side of my navel. They never totally faded - they are still a bit pink.

Piglet - We miss you!!!
#5 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 03:07 PM

QOTW: I've had the linea nigra for months, as well as more darkish hairs around my navel (which I waxed off yesterday!) I don't think I have any new stretch marks, just the same old ones I've had on my hips and thighs since puberty. I think I will end up with some on my breasts, though, since they are huge now.

Met with the midwife yesterday and my BP is back down to 100/60. She said it was probably due to my reaching peak blood volume and my body just working extra hard. My cold is about over, too, and I'm feeling much much better. Thanks for all your well-wishes!

I spent yesterday washing and putting away our small stash of diapers, blankets, and clothes. I love all these tiny things!

My MIL and SIL are bringing a ton of hand-me-down baby clothes when they come out next week. And that's just the gender neutral stuff. When the baby is born, MIL will be back out again with girl or boy stuff.

OK, 72 hours until the inlaws descend upon us. Time to get cracking and clean this house! Have a good week, everyone!
#6 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 05:16 PM

Nancy - So glad you are feeling better!!!

I am washing diapers today, too! It is oddly fun and relaxing! When I was putting them into the dryer, I said to dh, "What should I do with these when they are dry?" He said, "I dunno, just stick em in a box in the closet till we need them." I must have looked completely horrified, cause he quickly followed up with ".....Or, I can go get the changing table out of storage and clean it up and you can put them away so they will be ready for the baby." Nice save, honey!
#7 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 07:39 PM

: Don't forget!! If you want to sign up for the gift swap please do so by the end of this week on the other thread located in the October forum.
You don't need to PM me your name/addy, just say you want to participate and we'll go from there. I'm not making it a secret-sorry, not that much time-just going to post the list of match-ups and people can contact their swappee as needed.
This can be for mom, baby or both-before or after birth-it's up to you-homemade or bought-doesn't matter-as long as it's from the heart

Have a good week everyone!! Will check back later with more time.
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#8 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 08:52 PM

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better too! It will be so fun for you to get to sort through all the clothes...I love doing that!

QOTW- I have plenty of strech marks and it is hard to tell but I don't think I have any new ones. Last time there were some that were climbing up over my belly button and nearly reaching my breasts, I kid you not! And I have small breasts too so that was quite a hike This time I am carrying so much lower that there are no new ones above my belly anyway. And I didn't get the linea nigra this last time, and so far don't have it this time either, I'm kinda assuming I'd have it by now if I were gonna get it.

Spent the afternoon tackling more cupboards...yesterday was drawers! This nesting thing is hitting in a major organization way this time...there are floors to be vacuumed, etc. but all my energy seems to want to declutter.

Piglet, a thread just for birth announcements sounds like a good idea
#9 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 10:39 PM

OakEmber I am into the decluttering mode as well. I keep looking around thinking, "ok what can I sell, give away or throw away." I am not much of a pack rat to begin with, but I just want everything unnecessary out of the way so that I can get everything else organized.

Nancy...I too am glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your bp is down.

Chat later, the natives are getting a little restless... time for bed
#10 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 11:36 PM

36 weeks!!!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable long weekend! We did, didn't do much in fact but that was just fine with me. Went grocery shopping this morning at the local grocer who knows me welll. The Butcher and one of the owners both looked at me and said "your having a boy right?", apparently I "look" like I'm carrying a boy - all the strangers say so! So I'm starting to expect this baby to be a boy. The other owner (a women) looked at me and said "I think its coming soon, it looks lower to me". So accoring to my grocery store, I'm having a boy and its gonna be soon!!

Just this weekend I was inspecting myself in the mirror and I do see some stretch marks starting to creep up. Last time I got just a few, all below the belly button and it looks like it will be the same again this time. No linea negra at all for me. Didn't have one last pregnancy either so I guess I don't expect anything - I'm pretty fair too so I think that is normal.

Going to my midwife appointment tomorrow. I so look forward to each of these appointments, makes me feel closer to the baby when I'm with the midwife talking about pregnancy and the birth. I guess I'll be getting the GBS swabs done at this appointment - DH really wants me to and I don't feel strongly enough not to to fight him about it. Here's hoping it comes back negative!

Night night ladies, I hope everyone gets a good sleep tonight - no 3am posts ok??
#11 of 120 Old 09-06-2004, 11:38 PM

Did I mention in ONE week I'll be considered term!! OMG, this baby could be here so soon!!! Sorry, just had to get that out
#12 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Katie, I have really really missed you guys, too!

All this talk about washing diapers. On more than one occasion today I've looked at them and thought "hmmm, should I start washing?". But I don't have my changing station set up yet, and I also started to worry that if I had them all laid out, they'd collect dust over the next few weeks, lol. So I've decided it's okay to wait another week until the kids' room is fully set up.

DH and I spent the day sofa shopping. We finally settled on a groovy little sectional just perfect for an apartment size living room. It will be delivered some time this week. I've had only a plastic deck chair to sit in since we moved in, and it's not comfy!!

As for decluttering...sigh. I am the former queen of decluttering, but have been dethroned recently. Mother is downsizing, moving from her house of 25 years to a small condo next month, and has given us waaaayyy too much stuff. She's just been so wonderful with this move we don't have the heart to say no, and it's a big help for her if we take it. So now we have so much stuff it's giving us headaches, lol. We're used to living very small! Ah well, it's mostly kitchen stuff and we'll just give it to charity when the dust settles round here. I figure another week and we'll have all our furniture here and then I can really make this place a home. I will say this though: I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE our new neighbourhood.

Oh, and I have some great news: I'm getting a cleaning lady!!! I just can't clean TWO bathrooms right now, and after baby comes it's going to be hard, so we decided to get a maid service to come once a week for the next four months (we'll re-evaluate after that). Of all the things about having a baby, this was honestly stressing me out. My DH is very willing to clean, don't get me wrong but....and I love him dearly but...he really SUCKS at it. He just doesn't "get" the concept of "clean" and I basically end up having to redo everything. He's come a long way, but oh he has so much farther to go, lol.

Hey, has anybody heard from trueblue? I'm wondering if she was affected by the hurricane. Hope she and her family and home are all okay!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#13 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 02:03 AM

Piglet- YAY on the cleaning help!!! My MIL actually gave us 4 sessions with her cleaning woman as a Christmas gift, but we never used any till last week. (We had her come in and detail our old rental so we didn't have to clean it all to try to get our securit deposit back. I just HATE doing that!) So we still have 3 sessions left. I figure we will use one when I am around 38 weeks to get this place primed and ready for the birth, and the next few over the course of November. I really look forward to it!

Is anyone getting a lot of cramps/twinges/pain way low in their pelvis? I feel like this baby is trying to drill its way out of my cervix. Ouch! I have to stop and catch my breath cause sometimes it really hurts! Other times it is just plain uncomfortable, and I wonder what in the WORLD the baby is doing down there!
#14 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
Is anyone getting a lot of cramps/twinges/pain way low in their pelvis? I feel like this baby is trying to drill its way out of my cervix.
I am! It feels like he's trying to dig his way out or something. Very uncomfortable, especially when driving.

Piglet- Couch shopping sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys are almost settled in, and that's awesome about the cleaning help!

Jillerina- I noticed immediately that your post said 36 weeks and I was soooo jealous! I can't wait till I'm that far. That's like a magic number to me.

Can I ask you guys who are doing the bead exchange, how you plan on mailing them? Are you just sticking them in an envelope? I was thinking about doing that, just wrapping the bead in a bit of paper first. Are there postal rules about envelopes being bulky (I mean it's just a little bump, but nowadays they seem to freak out about everything)? And to mail to Canada, do I have to go into the post office, or can I just stick 2 stamps on? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

I had so much fun picking out the beads today, btw.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#15 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 11:25 AM

Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in with you all. We definitely made the right choice going to Key West, we had beautiful weather all but Sunday when some bands from Frances passed through. Back at my parents' now since they have power. I don't know the status of my house yet. I know most of the county is still without power (they have cancelled school til at least Monday) and phones, but at least water is back up. DH will be getting there this afternoon (his boat is almost there, yes!) I can't wait to hear how it is there. I'm fairly certain the landlord never boarded up the windows so we shall see. That and our house in a flood zone so it depends how high up the water level went. I saw pics a few miles away with people in the street up over their knees in water, and water up to a few feet away from the edges of homes. Gas is finally being delivered today, little by little, so that will be very helpful in making my way home. Seriously, people have been just running out of gas!! Waiting in lines for almost 2 hours for the chance to get gas in some areas. Grocery stores are almost empty, even here at my parents' since they haven't been able to have deliveries yet. It doesn't look too bad down here, trees down, street lights out, some minor structural damage in places. My county however has been declared a disaster area and the National Guard is there. Curfew, etc.

As for the pregnancy...still hanging in there!! Had lots of contractions the past few days, but it's probably stress. I dont' even mention them to anyone here anymore bc it freaks them out and then they stress me out LOL. I almost got the baby turned yesterday, it was halfway there, but unfortunately giving me horrid back pain....it turned back last night. Ah well. Stubborn thing.

QOTW: No linea negra this time or last, I think I'm too fair. Lots of veins to see! Some of my stretch marks have gotten the tiniest bit bigger, but I had hardly any last time anyway. A couple on my lower belly are getting bigger fast (these showed up I think in labor last time!) since the babe is so low this time.

Supposed to have a midwife appt today but I can't even get in touch with her with the phones out LOL!!!! I'm fairly certain she is NOT planning on me showing up in an hour.

Ok that's it for now I'll let you know what I find out this afternoon!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#16 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 01:02 PM

Amy, so glad you are safe and well-I was just going to post and ask how you were! I'm so hoping that all your things aren't lost-crossing fingers for you!

As far as pains, cramps etc-I just know that this baby is looowwww and engaged. The mw confirmed this last week and it seems a bit early but my last was low really early too-guess there's not much to hold it up anymore! LOL I'm been having some muscle pulls way down where my thigh meets my pelvis if that makes sense-makes getting out of bed and lifting very difficult! Oh well...

We were at a friends this weekend and she gave me a box of maternity clothes and a box of very cute newborn clothes-yeah! At least I get a little reprieve from my old clothes and can make it thru the next 8 wks without bursting all my seams LOL
The baby clothes really are enough to add to what I have that I really don't need to buy anything now-love that! They are even the right gender-though can't say what that is yet....soon!

And we don't even want to talk about stretch marks...after 3 full pregnancies it's just a sad state of affairs I'm afraid LOL
Take care all
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#17 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 01:11 PM

35 weeks, 3 days.

QOTW: I did have a lina nigra w/ Ethan, and probably would this time too, but I have a scar that goes from my sternum to below my bellybutton, right down the middle of my belly, so you can't see it anyway *lol* So far, no new stretch marks, thank goodness.

True Blue, glad you're safe and sound! Hope your house didn't incur too much damage!

Have to see the doctor weekly now. Kind of a PITB to have to go every week, but whatever. Makes it more bearable that there's a new yarn store that just opened just a ways down from the doctor's office, so of course I can't resist stopping in just to peek around.

Bought two nursing shirts and some LilyPadz breast pads from Expressiva today. Gotta love retail therapy

DH had a good laugh the other night. I had been taking a nice relaxing bath in my big tub, and while the water was draining out I noticed the ring of residue around the tub, and the general need to be cleaned. He comes in to find me still stark naked scrubbing out the tub. Fortunately, he knew better than to make *too* much fun of me

My women's circle is planning a "birth blessing" for me next weekend, I'm excited. I have no idea what we'll be doing, but I just feel so lucky to have this group of women friends willing to come together and support me emotionally and physically during these last few weeks. Both of the women who will be attending my birth with me will be there, and I think it will be a wonderful, empowering, energetic experience that I hope to draw from when I'm actually laboring.
#18 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 01:17 PM

Bluehalo-I've had the same bath tub washing experience :LOL
And that is so great you have a wonderful circle of friends, it is so important. I'm sure the "blessing" will be very special and meaningful. That's the biggest thing I do and will miss when the baby comes is that I'm away from my close friends since we moved. And it took so long to find a great network of like minded moms (found most thru these boards actucally) in my conservative part of the counrty. Since we've only been here a month I haven't made any new friends yet though I am going to LLL tonight so hoping to make some new connections.
That's another reason this board is so important! I feel a great connection here and know this has helped me so much in this crazy move!

Ann

#19 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 01:24 PM

2 Aww Amy, you are such a trooper, I'd be losing my mind right now! I am so hoping for good news about your home today...but more importantly I am just glad that you and your loved ones are all safe (and you are still pregnant despite all the stress!).

Court- I just plan on sticking mine in an envelope too. I'm not sure what it costs for a stamp to Canada, but I think it would be cheaper to just buy a special stamp instead of putting two on (at least it is going the other way, a stamp in Canada is .48 and I think to mail to US is about .55, so if I were to just put on 2 reg. I'd be wasting postage...but it could be totally different for you.)

Jillerina- I am totally jealous too! I am 33.5 weeks by one EDD that we've been using, but 34.5 weeks by the early u/s and at this point I want to cheat a little and switch :LOL I am starting to get impatient and I think that when one of us has thier baby I am gonna be REALLY impatient! Funny, I don't remember feeling that with my Nov.00 EC...but then again I am so much closer with all of you.

Piglet- It's so nice to hear that you are happy with your new home! Congrats on the new couch, sounds awesome! And I am so envious of your getting a cleaning lady!!

Argh...does anyone else find that food just doesn't taste good anymore? Nothing really appeals to me these days, and things that I normally like I practically have to choke down...like rice, even the texture bothers me right now. I am curious to see if it will have any bearing on what Oakley likes/dislikes. Ember is not a picky eater at all and I didn't have these food issues with her. It'll be interesting.

Glad to hear that I am not alone in my obsessive organizing . My house is so close to being clean and orderly that I am actually excited to pull out the vacuum today, :LOL....now if only I can keep it this way for the next month! And I am trying a little experiment, Dh is still not working and I focused on the "career" zone of our house yesterday...I was following a Fen Shui (spelling?) thread awhile back and figure it can't hurt to try something new.
#20 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 01:34 PM

re: food ... yeah, I think I'm driving DH crazy. I'll think I want something, then take a bit, and be like, "eh, nope. not what I wanted to eat after all." I get hungry, but very little sounds *really* good to eat. Although I did make some banana pudding yesterday for a picnic we went to, and I swear I could have eaten that whole big bowl by myself. I was looking forward to leftovers, but everyone ate it all up. :LOL What a little piggie I am
#21 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 02:18 PM

35.6 weeks along,

and the stretch marks are appearing! This is my first (my partner has one up on me, hehe), so my body hasn't been through this yet. I got my first stretch marks on my breasts, even though I can still fit in the same bra as a used to (though I didn't fill it out too well before, and now I really fill it out). Then I saw stretch marks on one of my inner thighs. I was impressed, since I hadn't notice my thighs growing.

But alas, my hips have spread and my thighs have gotten meatier. But I like it. It makes me feel sexy--I've always had pretty slim hips and thighs and envied women with those goddess-like curves.

And within the last week, the belly stretch marks. A few here and there, nothing longer that a quarter or half in in length yet. some on the hips, some on the lower parts of the belly. I have something like 6 hours of tattooing in a waste band kind of thing with beautiful flowers and grey work and I just hope that it's still intact by the end of this. I don't want to be ashamed of my stretch marks, but I really don't want my tattoo to be a mess

And I can definately tell that me and baby are getting ready. I wonder if we'll make it past the next full moon. Oct 4th, I think, is when it's scheduled. Baby is expected on the 8th, sooooooo....? maybe?
#22 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Amy, I'm so glad you and your family survived the ordeal, and hoping that your home isn't too badly damaged! I can't imagine going through this at this stage of our pregnancies!!

Katie: regarding that pelvic pain, oh yeah! I've been doing lots of walking since moving here and it feels like someone kicked me in the crotch. I get lots of discomfort down there. Having to sleep with a folded up pillow between my knees now. Lots of pressure. One thing I also have: belly button pain, lol. For ages now Sasha seems to have had a knee planted right behind my belly button. If I walk too fast (in other words, anything other than a frustratingly slow snail's pace) he pushes there and it actually makes me feel nauseous! And it hurts too. I'm basically one big ball of discomfort these days so I should probably quit whining right here!

Kristin: my stretch marks never went above my lower belly, so hopefully your tattoo will remain intact. I have one too, but it's on my upper arm, so not sure what the effects of stretch marks would be.

Ann: I hear ya on the infusion of new maternity clothes. Mum had bought me a pair of jeans while I was in Cleveland and when I got here they just didn't fit me at all. When we went to return them, the place was having a sale, and I got two shirts plus a pair of khaki pants so I felt renewed in my wardrobe enough to get me through the next few weeks.

Court: it would be cheaper to get stamps for Canada, it's 60 cents to mail from US to Can. however, to save you a trip to the post office you could just use two US stamps. you'd end up paying about 20 cents extra per canadian address, but I think there is only 3 or 4 of us, so that would be less than a dollar extra, which in my books would save a trip to the PO. I just plan on putting the bead in the envelope, wrapped in a tissue and perhaps a card or peice of paper, too. The PO goes by weight so it won't matter, and hopefully it won't send alarm bells ringing (though if it does, they'll just open it and then reseal it and it would only be delayed a couple days). Keep in mind mail between US and Can is a bit slow - it took me at least a week to get things from Cleveland to Vancouver.

Jillerina: can't say I'm too jealous of the advanced dates - I'm not ready yet!! Still need to get furniture in here, put things away and wash the baby clothes and dipes!

Well, mum's coming over and we're gonna do some more furniture shopping today (have to go pay for the sofa and arrange delivery). Hope you guys all have a good day!

#23 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 03:25 PM

I'm actually enjoying a little peace and quiet right now. Fiona is napping and Aidan is at a friend's house. Of course there is a a ton of things I *should* be doing, but loafing around is much more appealing!

I'm having some major crotch pain lately. I know tailor sitting is supposed to be good for you, but I can not possibly walk after sitting on the floor or just sitting in general. My pubic bones are already getting all relaxed and separating and I've got the waddle that comes along with an engaged head. My girly bits are quite sensitive. And the babes kung fu jabs to my cervix are not helping! Neither one of my kids turned heads down until after 38 weeks, so to have this one already heads down and engaged, is new to me.

Qotw: No linea negra for me. But am I the only one that gets a fuzzy belly during pg?? My belly looks like a peach! weird. And so far no new stretch marks. But the ones I've had from before are looking a little stressed, so i'm sure more are on their way.
#24 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 03:29 PM

Amy, I am soo glad you are okay.
32 weeks, 4 days

Katie and Piglet, that is great you have cleaning ladies. I want one. But I doubt I will be able to convince DH it is necessary. LOL

We just moved into our new apartment this weekend. It is sooo nice to finally have out own place. And the one good thing about moving is that it makes nesting sooo much easier. I HAVE to put stuff away and get organized so that fact that I really, really, really want to nest just makes it easier. In fact, I am almost done putting everything away. The only room I have left is the master bedroom, and that is mostly just clothes to sort, hang-up etc. etc. My mom helped so much. She put all my kitchen stuff away, sorted baby clothes, etc. It is great nesting when you can have someone else do the actual work for you. LOL

Does anyone else have their baby's carseat installed yet? I am thinking of installing ours, mainly because we don't have a good place to store it, all our closets are full. But, then I kinda feel dumb installing it this early. I don't think it will matter much. We don't plan on buying anything really big that we would need the space in the car for, and it would get it out of the house.

For the most part I like our aparment. But, it is hard moving from a 3 bedroom, 1500 sq. foot house with one acre yard to our current 1050 sq. foot 2 bedroom apt, no yard. Oh well. In some ways it is good. Less house to clean, no yard to mow, we don't have the hassle of home ownership, if something breaks we just call management. LOL

QOTW; very faint linea nigrea (none with dd, which is weird because I am darker skinned). I am getting stretchmarks down low now too, which I never had with dd. But, at 32 weeks I am already bigger and look more pregnant than I did when I gave birth to dd LOL.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#25 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 03:43 PM

Am I too late to participate in the bead exchange?
I don't want to be a pill and mess up the organization, so if I'm too late, that's OK.

Hey, what's with all the new smilies? 2 How cute is that?
#26 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 03:59 PM

Just heard from DH -- no real damage to our house! Some minor little thing by the front door, no biggie. A little water came in under the front door so the doormat inside was soaked, but nothing else. Our end of the neighborhood isn't flooded (at least not anymore) so we are good!!! No power yet, so I'll stay here another day or two, (DH can sleep on the boat with the generator) but then head back up. I hear gas is being rationed at 5 gallons per person. The grocery store has only water and dry goods....so there is really no point in being there at the moment!!! Thanks for everyone's concern!!! But looks like we are in the clear, thank G-d.

Amelia -- I know the feeling of your move, we moved from CA to FL and went from a 3 br 1500 sq ft with a small yard (townhouse) to a 2 bedroom 980 sqft apt....it was tight! But it worked out fine!!

Glad I'm not the only one who asks for food then takes a look at it or a bite out of it and decides no thanks...

So I just got my bikini area waxed since I can't see down there anymore and it is still very much pool season here (there's only a couple months when it isn't LOL) so I feel cleaned up a bit. I guess since I won't be going anywhere soon I'll call the salon back up and get my highlights touched up and hair trimmed....maybe I'll even splurge on a massage, that would be sooooooooooooooooo nice right now!!! I need some stress relief, it's been a LOOOOONG week!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#27 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 04:16 PM

Hello 34 Weeks!

Phew - anyone else utterly exhausted after the long weekend? My best friend from Montana came in for a visit and brought her new fiance. (We're so relieved that we just love him - would hate to have one of those Hollywood plots play out where you dislike your best friend's choice...) Anyhow, they stayed with us for four days and we managed to get in a lot of good touristy and 'big-city' things in for them, including a trip to the Saturday Market and to the Oregon Coast. We also got a chance to see some lesser known movies including "What The #$*! Do We Know?" and "SuperSize Me".

T OK - so this movie, "http://www.whatthebleep.com/?" is amazing (mind blowing, even) as it discusses quantum physics and our perceptions of what reality is and how we can affect it. It was filmed in Portland, so it makes it a bit of fun for us locals. If you ever get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it. (Showtimes listed on the site above)

Anyhow, it was great to have them visit but DW and I are now done entertaining guests so it's time to buckle down and get our house all ready for the baby.

QOTW: Stretch marks - uh, yes. My latest additions are creative in their placement - it now looks like I have a little sun where my belly button used to be.
Soogie - yes - peach fuzz belly describes me too! I assume that will all fall out after Bean is born.

I too have that pelvic bone pain - especially in the mornings (getting out of bed is soooo much fun. Not.)

Today is our 2 year anniversary and DW and I both realized yesterday that neither of us have had any time to even think about gifts - sigh. Planning to at least get her something small today - then a bigger surprise later in the week (we're contemplating pedicures and massages...)

Hope everyone has a great short week this week. Amy, we'll be thinking of you as you return home.
#28 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 04:56 PM

I am having some serious preggo brain lately, I can't seem to remember a thing and I'm failing miserably at holding coherent conversations. In fact, I just read through this entire thread and had comments and replies for many of you....and now can't think of a thing I wanted to say.

QOTW: No linea nigera for me, I guess I'm too fair. I never got one last time, either. I have plenty of stretch marks already, from puberty and last preg, and they are starting to look more intense and angry. But nothing major yet. My belly button is almost completely gone, and has this weird ring around it. I'm also a bit fuzzy on the belly, and I'm not a particularly hairy person, so this is new to me.

I'm with you all on the increased aches and pains. Even my beloved belly belt is not hoisting my load like it used to, and I'm really feeling it. I have a massage scheduled for tonight...whew! Stretching and soaking seem to help, but (again) not like they used to. Guess we're just in for the home stretch now, last few weeks.

I totally understand the urge to nest and organize, but just can't seem to find the energy to get much done. And Hannah isn't really very helpful at this point. So I have a lot of half-done projects started around the house, which is just so unsatisfying.

In regards to Gretchen (gmvh), one of the twin bearers, I have seen her a few times recently and can report that she is still pregnant, the twins are doing just fine, one has turned heads-down (which is great news) and they are telling her "any day now". Next time I see her, I will tell her that you guys have been asking after her.
#29 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 06:29 PM

Trueblue...that is great that your home is ok. What a relief!!!

As for the aches and pains, I am there too. It takes me forever to get comfy at night and fall asleep. I have been feeling my muscle move to in my thigh---YOWCH!!! And my belly is a fuzzy peach as well

I too am not interested in most foods, which ends up being a bit of torture because I get so hungry but nothing sounds good. Its my b-day Firday and dh is taking me out to eat. I hope that I feel hungry then so that I can enjoy my b-day meal. Thursday we are going shopping--I am soooo excited... and get a couple outfits for the baby and some socks. It will be such a treat to get out and spend the day with dh and the boys.
#30 of 120 Old 09-07-2004, 07:34 PM

Beansmomma- Happy Anniversary! That reminds me, :LOL, as of the beginning of Sept. Dh and I have been together for 10 years...wow, time flies!

I've got some belly fuzz too. And as for the discomforts, I am really getting lots of cervical jabs especially when I am walking and they sometime stop me in my tracks. As for sleeping, I get such sore hips from sleeping on my side and even pillows don't seem to help I want to see the chiropractor one last time but I don't want to see him so early that I will be out of alignment for the birth...so I am thinking I will see in during week 36.

Amy...that is such awesome news!! I bet it will feel good to be home again!

Amelia- I'm quite partial to small spaces, forces the family to spend lots of time together We are in a one level home and before when we had a basement, DH was always tinkering down there and it sometimes seemed like I never saw him. I hope that it's not too hard of an adjustment getting used to the smaller quarters.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page