Week of September 13...we're halfway to October!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 160 Old 09-15-2004, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mil has come and stayed with us for the past two summers, making this third. This is our first summer in her house that she purchased here. She spends most of every year in Utah at her home there as the WI winters are too cold for her.

OK, I'm confused... So are you living in a house that belongs to her? If that's the case, then maybe she thinks you should be doing all the work in exchange for living in her house? Or do you pay her rent? Either way, the situation sounds like a total PITA for you. Have you asked DH to talk to her about this, or does he just want to stay out of it? It would be nice if he would say something, since it is his mother. Otherwise, it may be time to end the summer-long live-in situation.

That's my Ann Landers for the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 160 Old 09-15-2004, 09:37 PM

I didn't notice you siggy line Katie until Mirthful pointed it out but want to wish you a happy anniversary too (is it today?) Hope you guys could enjoy the special time notwithstanding all the stress your experiencing!

Momadance, my vote is for Jezmund Reed Diamond. I like how it flows and I really like the name Jezmund for a first name. I don't know how you feel about nicknames but I love the sound of a little two year old "Jez"!

Had another hard day today. This non napping toddler thing is completely sapping me of my energy. I want to be a more creative fun parent but these days its just not in me. Poor kid, she's probably bored out of her mind. Tomorrow is our mother's group so that will force us out of the house for awhile and Friday I have two mama friends comming over to babysit while I go to the midwife. I think they are gonna take all the kids to the park for the afternoon which will be great for Clara.

By the way, I'm glad you are feeling better Mirthful, looks like we area not alone in this weight plateau thing at all! I'm gonna ask my midwife about the EPO too on Friday to hear her take on it. I've been taking it for 2 days now (orally, 4 capsules a day).

I'm also hopeful to deliver earlier than my due date but with 2.5 weeks to go I can't say I feel anything getting ready. I know with Clara I could barely walk the days before I delivered and I had some wicked diarreah as well (TMI). SO I'm kinda expecting those indicators again this time.
#63 of 160 Old 09-15-2004, 10:41 PM

Nancy, we pay her rent to live in her house. The past two summers that she was with us we were living in another house. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I just wanted to state that we live in her house this summer, and so now I feel like a maid. She never really helped out before either, but it wasn't her house. Now that we are in her house, she is more opinionated about how she wants things.

The whole situation is a mix between a curse and a blessing. But right now, I am just feeling used.
#64 of 160 Old 09-15-2004, 11:20 PM

Kimberly - Ugh! It does not sound like a good situation. And no I don't think that you're over-reacting. I would be feeling like the hired help in my own home too. My advice is to talk to your husband about it and have the two of you come up with a gentle and tactful way of expressing your feelings to MIL. Perhaps if you point out to her how you are feeling and how it is affecting the relationship you have with her she'll make some changes. At the very least, if you've spoken to her and she still treats you and your home like a hotel then you'll know for sure that she truly is what you're already suspecting she is. Some people just have a hard time with the concept that the universe wasn't built around them .

Momadance - I forgot to put my 2 cents in on the great name debate! I really really like Jezmund Reed Diamond. Jezmund is a fantastic name, unusual without being too out there. And ITA with Laurel, "Jez" is a very cute nickname.

Amie - Got my bead today!
#65 of 160 Old 09-15-2004, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Stanleymama-I hate to say it but I think that's just her way of keeping the upper hand or maintaining her "matriarchal" role perhaps? She just sounds like she wants you to "know" that she's doing you favors or something. I certainly hope she can change if you talk to her but I hope she wouldn't become worse KWIM?
I totally feel for you mama! Good luck in whatever you decide to do! But I would definitely remind her that she was going to watch the kids for the birth and now you have to make alternative arrangements just in case-if she can't see how she's being insensitive in that case then that's just
Take care
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#66 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

re: EPO I have some b/c the natural health consultant reced for the dysmenorhea I've had for years and came back with a vengence when I quit bc. I was trying not to take my usual 800 mg of ibuprofen. Its good to balanace hormones...menopausal women are encouraged to take it. I used to know all the benefits. But why would you need to take it to speed things up if you aren't "overdue."

I'd like to reply to other posts; but, I'm so beat. I had nursing home ministry tonight. I felt like the residents falling asleep in church. ugh...
#67 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 12:22 AM

Thanks ladies. I guess I feel better to know that I am not overeacting. It is tough because mil is very loving towards me, but I don't think she thinks of how to be a help to me, only when it is convenient for her. I have talked to dh about it but only in the manner of venting and he was completely understanding. He did talk to her about leaving soon after we come home with the baby so that we could have time with just us and our little family and adjusting. So she will be leaving a week after the baby is born. And next summer we will be moving to where ever dh attends law school, so next summer we will be free.

I will talk to dh again and see if he thinks it is beneficial to talk to her or not. We only have 6 more weeks till she is gone for the year and 2-3 of those weeks will be spent elsewhere. Dh and I both though are the type to just wait it out until it all blows over, except when dealing with our own issues, then we confront those head on.
#68 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 01:09 AM

I've seen dh for an hour since Sunday morning! I'm not sure if I'm missing him, or his helping hands. The house is a mess and staying that way!
(my picker upper tool rocks though, I totally look like an old lady using it lol)

I want to report that I have the smallest bathtub ever made. I just fit length wise sitting straight up, and the top of the tub comes just under my waste.(where I believe it used to be) I can see why the owners befor us opted for the jacuzzi tub.

Thanks for the name votes!

Katie~ congrats on the anniversary!!! Are you sure your up to moving again so soon after the baby comes? You've had SOOOOOOO much on your plate lately... Is moving the only reason your considering nipple stim early on? Where will you be moving to? The house in your original plans? Is it meant to be? Just don't overdue it! You've been through alot, you may do well to stay put for a little bit...

TMI ahead! If I ever am pregnate again, I'm going for brazilian waxes! I can not stand the growth I've got going on, and there's no way I'm going to put myself through trying to tame the beast! I can't stand all the hair though! UHHHHHHHH, and I pee all day! (as we all do I'm sure)

Does all the baby movement get on anyone elses nerves? :

:vax:
#69 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes! It is today, but we are actually going out to celebrate tomorrow night, because I had my ICAN meeting tonight. (International Cesarean Awareness Network.) I thought of you mamas a lot when I was there - the speaker was on optimal fetal positioning, and I couldn't help thinking about all the posterior and breech babies we have....wished you all could have been there to learn!

Tomorrow is my home visit!!!! Um, I don't have my birth kit ordered yet, I hope I don't get a spanking. :LOL I am looking forward to talking about my birth desires with my midwife. It looks like it is just going to be her and us - her assistant midwife is having personal issues, so she is not available. I told my MW I am more than fine with her attending alone, and she said she is comfortable with it, too. So it should be a very intimate, small thing - just dh and dd and I and her assisting when necessary. Just the way I want it. I secretly long for a UC, but since I am VBACing I want her there.

Momadance- Yeah, we do have to move. The upside is that we are buying this house. We can't afford to rent anymore, it is too expensive! The downside is that we have to buy it by November 1st or she will sell to someone else. So while I hate to move again, it will be nice to stop renting and have some permanence. This will be my dd's 5th move in her short life, we need to stop doing that and settle down.

Letia- I am going to do the EPO to help my cervix soften. EPO will not put you in to labor, it is not like a natural induction method. It just (anecdotally) will help you to efface in preparation for labor. I've said why I am going to start doing it at 37 weeks - because I would like to encourage labor to begin a bit earlier than my EDD due to my circumstances. However, it will NOT help put you into labor.....I just hope it may help me not go OVER my edd, which would make things really difficult since we are moving Nov. 1st.

Kimberly- I am so sorry you are having issues with your MIL. What if you just ask her, "Would you mind doing the dishes?" or "You know, it would help me a lot if you could give me a hand around the house since I am so huge and pregnant." Would she do it?

Jillerina - Bummer about the nap thing. Sometimes it takes me over an hour to get my dd to sleep, it almost doesn't seem worth it! But I hear you, I need a nap, too.

I am MUCHO uncomfortable you guys. I am having a hard time walking even. I am getting cramps in my lower abdomen, thighs, and cervix when I walk or do too much around the house. Like, they really hurt!!! Does it sound like maybe the baby is engaged, or really low?

Oh, and dh checked my cervix last night - the firts cervical exam he has ever performed! He said it felt "fatty and squishy" and that it "has a hole the size of a pea" in it. I don't know what that means, but it was cute to hear him trying to describe my cervix to me.
#70 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 01:56 AM

Letia -- wasn't trying to make you feel bad! I just wanted to point it out. I'm not super crazy about semantics in general either, but having gotten my degree in psychology I do know they can really change the way you internalize something. For example, calling them surges instead of contractions, cbirth instead of csection, etc. Empowering words can create empowering attitudes!

Wanted to reply to more but I'm too tired now!!! Gnite all!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#71 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 03:19 AM

2 Kimberly...I'd feel the way you do too in your situation, but like you, knowing that there is only a short time left and next summer will be different I'd probably grin and bare it. I don't think it would hurt to make it obvious that her being a way for the week prior to your EDD makes it rather difficult for you, I'd probably be passive aggressive about it and make some phone calls begging friends to be available while MIL was within earshot :LOL

Amy, learn something new everyday...that's totally cool that you have a degree in psychology! I totally agree with what you are saying, when I took my doula training workshop it was amazing listening to woman recall their birth experiences and to see the difference between what some felt was positive and negative birth...I feel that I had a positive experience with Ember, despite the fact that I pushed for hours, had an episiotomy and they used the vacuum (of course I hope to avoid those type of interventions this time, not for my sake but for Oakleys). And BTW- what an awesome co-sleeper your Dh built!! My Dh has talked about building one, but when he has the time we don't have the money for it and now that he's working again, well, you know, the money's there but the time isn't. Now that it's coming down to weeks I am tempted to go out and by an arms reach.

Mirthfulmum I am glad you got my bead I got my first envelope today too but unfortunately the bead escaped...it managed to work a hole through the card and the envelope, that little bead had determination!! Beautiful card though
Sounds like you had a great time today with your friend, how nice to be able to enjoy a little bit of you time! Thanks for letting us know what your midwife said about EPO...I'm thinking of picking some up and just taking one a day as a supplement if for nothing other than it's good for you and then possibly taking more after 37 weeks.

Good news, my Dh is going to fly out to Calgary next week for a few days...a lot closer than Florida. It sounds like he will be able to do all he needs to there, at least for the time being. If he has to go to Florida it probably won't be until the end of Nov. or so

Happy Anniversary Katie. (just wanted to use this icon cuz I never have, not that I think you should pop open the bubbly quite yet )

Oh and I just had to mention something about visualization...if you remember my midwife had given me a sheet to color last time and to place somewhere that I would see it often of a baby in the head down position?? Well I was looking at it today and noticed that it is exactly how Oakley is...head looking out (therefore posterior :LOL). Maybe I should trace it and this time instead of looking at the face I should color in hair so it looks like the back of a head, hehe. So if you are gonna use this technique be specific
#72 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 11:42 AM

Another restless night... but I managed to make it 'till 5:30 am before I got out of bed so hopefully I won't be too much of a zombie today.

On the nap front I too have a reluctant napper. Dh and I talked it over last night though and decided that Alias has just outgrown naps. So lucky little guy, no more naps for him (although not so lucky for me). It has just been such a struggle in the past few months to get him to take a nap, and on the days that he does nap he dosen't fall asleep for the night until 9-9:30, sometimes 10. And that's after over an hour of stories and quiet time, and both Dh and I stuck in bed getting kicked and hit by flailing toddler apendages as Alias tells us over and over that he's not tired, he's hungry, he's thirsty, he has to pee, and what ever other stall tactics his 2 year old mind can come up with. On the days he skips his nap, he's still in a good mood and plays sweetly into the evening. By about 7:30 he's getting tired and ready for bed and he's out by 8pm, so the bedtime routine is more like half an hour. Plus it only takes one of us to do it. So in the interest of preserving everyone's sanity naps are out. Fortunately for me I can usually sneak a half an hour nap in on the couch while Alias watches a movie. Plus Dh will be staying home soon on paternity leave (3 months) so I'll be able to nap whenever I want, although I'll have a baby to work naps around.

Last night I had gotten myself totally freaked out that I was going into labour. After dinner we had a family walk and afterwards my lower back was just killing me. I then started to feel really nauseaus. So of course I begin to think that I am showing early signs of labour, and oh my god I'm going to wake up at 3am with contractions and have to go to the hospital and I'm not ready, what about Alias, etc... This line of thinking of course only made me feel worse plus begin to breath funny and break out into a sweat. Which in my paranoid state only served as further evidence that tonight is the night . Thankfully I eventually calmed down, watched part of a movie before bed and started feeling better, less crazy. But the whole episode made me realize how much I am not ready for this baby to come yet. Ahhhhhh! I'm going to have 2 kids!!!!!!
#73 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Momadance...I get tired of all the baby movement at times as well. Especially since now, it just doesn't feel good and can be quite painful at times. Or sometimes he gets moving so much that he kicks up the acid in my stomach and then I have to snack on tums. I am really getting ready to be done.

Lucysmama..I don't blame you for wanting to get things going. That is the nice thing about EPO, is that it just aids us and that it doesn't cause labor. I hope you get your vbac. Sammy is my vbac and it went really well, so I will be praying the same for you
#74 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mirthful-I know what you mean about labor signs-I'm sorry you had to get freaked out-I'm sure that was scary and nerve wrecking! but I'm glad things settled down. I'm actually getting my bag ready this week just because I've been worrying about it! Since we're using a freestanding birth ctr I need to bring a few more things than I'm used to with a hosp-not that I'm complaining!!! It just seems like it's sneaking up on me this time and I'll be caught unprepared. I actually went and bought some of those awful depends undies type things so I don't have to worry about making a mess in the car on the way home, etc. I was going to get some cloth post partum pads but I just decided these were cheap and I didn't want to worry about the wash.

Katie :LOL my DH would NEVER check my cervix but I think it's cool that yours did!
Happy Anniversary

As for those with crappy sleeping and aches and pains-right there with ya! If I walk around too much I start to get lower cramps too but I know this babe is engaged and ready to fall out LOL If I get a few more restful nights sleep I'll be so happy!
Take care
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#75 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirthfulmum
Last night I had gotten myself totally freaked out that I was going into labour. After dinner we had a family walk and afterwards my lower back was just killing me. I then started to feel really nauseaus... But the whole episode made me realize how much I am not ready for this baby to come yet. Ahhhhhh! I'm going to have 2 kids!!!!!!
I had the same thing happen to me last night! Isn't that strange?
We, too, went for a walk and I was having severe back pain and lots of contractions throughout the evening. It got to the point where I was seriously thinking of starting to time the cntrx and tell DH (I hadn't mentioned anything, didn't want him to freak out, too), when I started feeling very nauseous. I was sure things were starting, and it scared the bejeesus of out of me. Obviously, nothing more happened and I'm still here (and Baby Cookie is still baking away inside) but it's really got me making lists, packing my bags, lining up the "Hannah support team" and all that. Yikes, I'm 36 wks. It literally could be any time, for any of us.
#76 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 05:46 PM

Karin - I got your bead yesterday. So pretty! Thanks!

Yikes, we are getting close, aren't we? So I'm not the only one feeling like things are really starting to move along. But it's still too early for me!

This last week, though, I've noticed that my Braxton-Hicks are frequently accompanied by menstrual type cramps and "gassy" pains. So are these "real" contractions? I also feel like the baby is huge and outta room and sinking lower. I've got a definite waddle going on, and my pubic bone is killing me. It hurts to walk! Nausea has definitely returned as well. Kinda like morning sickness all over again.

How funny is this: I tried to check my own cervix but couldn't reach it at all. How do you do that? I feel like my arm just isn't long enough to get around the side of my belly, and I can't bend over enough to reach where I need to get. (I also can't put on my own shoes! )
#77 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

I'm beat.
I walked the length of the mall.
I *did* find one outfit but the price hurts my heart.
I enjoyed driving my new car.
I'm extremely tired that I can't lay down. I've made calls and crossed them all off my list.
Oh, btw the outfit if for my photos.
I had to reschedule my pedi b/c I made it tomorrow too.
Ugh...reflux...
I've got to head out and see if Penneys and Target can do better all before a makeup cb class.
I got two envelopes from this group today. I got cards...was I supposed to get beads? One had a hole in the corner. It wasn't from GA, btw. Bit farther north.

I've gotta get beads...aren't they spose to be mailed tomorrow? :

OK...I'm soooooooo braindead right now....*limping away*

btw... Katie...so you *are* moving again. I was so beat last night I missed it all. I remember homegirl calling after u moved sayin you could....

ok...that's all the juice I had....
#78 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 06:29 PM

Happy Anniversary Katie. I hope you have a great celebrations tonight!!

Sorry about all the labor scares! I am glad everyone is still cooking inside, but it will be SOON! I know what you mean about being paranoid if things aren't ready yet. I soooo like to have things ready WAY ahead of time.

stanleymama, sorry about the MIL problems. In-laws can be such a pain.

Sorry about those having nap issues. We are kinda having nap issues of our own. When we lived in a house, it wasn't a problem if dd fell asleep in the car. It was easy to pick her up and bring her inside to nap and she would easily fall back to sleep. However, now we live in an apartment on the third floor and the front entrance to the building needs to be opened up with a key (not to mention the door to our apt) and I *can't* carry her up 2 flights of stairs anymore, so there is no way she will go back to sleep after all the production of getting inside. And if she even takes a 5 minute nap in the car, that is it, no nap the rest of the day. And of course, she doesn't go to bed any earlier at night

Had another OB appt yesterday. Everything is fine, but baby is still breech. The dr. wasn't worried about it, but I am. He said not to worry until you hit 36 weeks and I am not quite yet 34 weeks. Everytime I have had her position checked she has been breech. I think the doctor thinks I am psycho/worried woman since every visit after he checks the heartbeat I ask him to feel her position for me. I am afraid she is getting awfully comfy in that position. I don't think she really rolls or flips around much and if she does she seems to go right back into the breech position. Mostly I just feel kicks, not flips or anything. DH and I talked a lot last night about what we will do if she is still breech at tern and the possibility of a c-section and all that.

Went to a LLL meeting here today. I am very pleased with the group. It seems like a very active, great group of woman. It is a morning meeting and there was tons of other toddlers there and lots of moms. Lots of cloth diapers and slings! They also have a yahoo group with playgroups and stuff, so that sounds cool. I was worried about meeting other like-minded moms. It was hard where we used to live because all the other moms at my playgroup were very mainstream and CIO and spanked and stuff. I still went, but it got harder and harder towards the end, so it was kinda relief when we moved that I could just leave the group with the excuse of moving. LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#79 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 06:47 PM

Woo Hoo! I just had my homevisit, and I am officially cleared for homebirth! My mw said our apartment felt really good to her - like there was great positive energy in there and it was a good place to have a baby. On the prenatal front - the baby is engaged (which explains all my discomfort!) and very low in my pelvis. She said she couldn't move the baby even if she wanted to. And, the baby is left anterior - just perfect! We talked about how I have been feeling, and it sounds to her and I like birth is just a couple weeks away! Loose and frequent BMs, cramps in my thighs and pelvis, difficulty walking, feeling a need to be alone, the nesting....plus I am getting a new sensation with my BHs contractions. It's like a pushing-down sensation, and I can actually feel the baby's head being smushed against my cervix during them. I am getting the AquaDoula in a week, too! She asked if I had any special wishes for the birth and I told her I want to catch the baby myself and bring it up onto my own chest, be the first to look into the baby's eyes, and to announce the gender eventually. She was great with all of it! I am getting so excited! I feel so close!

Letia - you walked the whole mall??? I can't even imagine going to the mall right now. (but this is you, and you KICKBOX!) I have trouble hobbling to my car! I feel like a 90 year old woman with arthritic hips! I bet you are going to do great in labor and birth!Good luck on your pictures, I hope we get to see them!

Karin and mirthfulmum - WOW, I can't believe we are so close as to think we might be heading into labor! Did it freak you guys out to think about having a baby today???

Nancy -I can't reach my cervix, either. But I can't reach it when I am not pregnant! I have a very high one, apparently. My dh really had to struggle to reach it and it was quite uncomfortable for me. Maybe you can try putting one foot up on the toilet? Or squatting?

Well, I am off to go out to dinner with dh to celebrate our anniversary! We are going to my favorite Hibachi restaurant courtesy of my mom, who is also babysitting.
#80 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 07:29 PM

I've been a zombie all week and not on the computer at all. Aidan has woken up in the middle on the night 3x's this week, having pee'd the bed. So he's slept with us, and since both DH and ds are bed hogs, I've been left with a 5 inch sliver of bed, to teeter my expansive belly on while my fat arse hangs off the bed. Does not make for comfy sleeping, or any sleep really. And last night was the absolute pits. Aidan woke up, dry this time, at 1:30am saying he was scared and that he heard noises in his room. DH brought him back upstairs and was going to lay with him for a bit, when we figured out what the noise was. It was dd puking in her crib. It was a disaster. I cleaned her up, several times, and she and I were awake until 4:30 am with the sickies. She managed to fall alseep after for a bit until the next round, while I on the other hand, had maybe 1 1/2 hours of sleep last night. She's been better today, no puking, but she's had some wicked diarrhea and a fever. At least whatever bug she caught is working through her system. I just hope ds doesn't pick it up too cuz he has the weakest stomach and he just falls apart when he has to puke.

I haven't read through all the posts, just the ones on this last page. Katie, enjoy your evening out. And your mw sounds awesome and it's great that things are coming together for you...not too much longer. I'm with the rest of you moms having some early labor-ish signs. I've had some real deal contractions this past week and I'm *supposed* to be resting as per my mw, but that hasn't been doable with 2 toddlers. This babe is lying low on my cervix and everytime I walk I can feel it's little head grating on my cervix. I'm so not mentally ready yet for this babe to appear. Both my other kids were a week late, and I can only hope this misery will last until then. Kind of crazy that I'm asking to be mioserable and pg for longer!?!? But it's a lot easier with the babe in utero than out and I'm just not ready yet. I think as I get all my birth supplies gathered and the clothes and dipes washed and ready, then maybe I'll feel ready.

I sent my beads out yesterday and hopefully they are wrapped well enough and will not escape. Mine are in a plain jane envelope with no card and such...I was lucky to just get the beads in the mail!

I'm going to try and catch up while the kids are playing hungry hungry hippos...might buy me enough time.

-Susan
#81 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 PM

Hey, if anyone gets a card but no bead from me, let me know so I can mail you another one...this time I'll tape it in. I got my bead from Karin, too - it's so cool. Yeah, Letia there's supposed to be a bead inside.

I've had a little nauseau too, a couple times I had a dry heave for a second and man that hurt! My whole belly was involved. For those of you who have actually puked while being this big - wow, that must've hurt.

I had my obligitory newborn/ anxiety dreams the other night. In one I misplaced the baby soon after he was born, and in the other I left him for 3 days and when I came back he was like a 100 lb toddler or something. It was weird.

I can't believe some of you are having labor scares already, that's so exciting (to me). Glad everything turned out okay, though.

Momadance - about "growth" - that's so funny cause I was just thinking last night about maybe getting waxed, even though I've never done it before. And the movements get on my nerves when I'm trying to go to sleep. I'm so over being pregnant. I feel gigantic.
Oh, yeah and I like Jezmund Reed as well, it has a really nice flow to it. I've heard if a name sounds like "cellar door" than that's good, yk?

Nancy -that kind of made me laugh, your description of trying to reach your cervix. My mw mentioned that it can be difficult to feel if the baby's head isn't low and pushing against it. It can kind of float around. And I don't really know the answer to your ctrx question except to say I think they're all "real." They all serve to tone the uterus - and they may even start dialating you a bit. It's just not a labor contraction yet.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#82 of 160 Old 09-16-2004, 09:36 PM

Susan...sorry you were up all night with a sick little one. That is always so hard, especially when there isn't much you can do but love on em.'

I had my dr. appt today and starting next week I will be going every week. It is getting so close!!!!

A dear friend of mine had a baby boy today...her second. I can hardly wait to go and see her and meet him. She had him natural and he was 9 lbs!!! She was also a week past her due date. Sounds like it was only a few hours of labor... I am so happy for her! It makes me want to go and have mine so badly!! They named him Jonah Michael (I think that was the middle name).

Katie I wish you a wonderful Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you both have a wonderful time together!

OK I am off to go read and relax.
#83 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

I'm acutally feeling better...maybe it was the massage during relaxation during cb class.

Katie! so glad to hear your homevisit went well! you were *cleared* for hb? Were you not before? I feel like I'm so close now that you've had your visit, since you and I were ttc buddies and all! I have mine next week and I'll pick up the supplies from the hfs and the adapter and hose. I've just been so swamped this week and tired. With getting the car on Tuesday, my gym episode on Wednesday and I was probably pushing it to go to the nfs after, and *yes* walking the mall b/c I had to get an outfit for these portraits. A robe and gown and then I have a black top and skirt b/c my photographer showed me some pics with the subject in black. I sat down and had a rice krispie treat and icee (no dye white cherry) and then went the rest of the way to Belks to see if they had anything. : I was *hurt* after tho! *And* during! I was feeling the 90 year old thing and the rest of the night, believe me! Paul puts the pics on cd and I think then I can post them to the group and then that means you have to post a pic of you! :LOL Its been 6 years since we've had pro pics (our wedding) and they were on film the last time so its all so new to me! There's one girl in front of us and then the Aquadoula is ours.

Court! It *was* you! but I don't see any way that the bead coulda gotten out....seemed like I did in the other envelope...now i can't find what I saw earlier. I got yours and another card with no bead.

must
get
beads!!!!

tomorrow is *such* a busy day! And the deadline too isn't it? : Not that Saturday, appt with MW and shower is less of one.
#84 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 12:35 AM

Letia -

I DID post a pic of me!!! I just couldn't get the thing to let me give it a title. Anyway, there is a pic off dd and I...I am holding her on the beach, and we are both wearing big sunhats. So now you have to post yours!

Oh, and congrats on the car, Letia!

And yeah, I was cleared for homebirth. My MW really doesn't like to do them before you are 36 weeks, but now I am over that, so at any time I can go into labor and it is fine to birth at home. I feel more ready just hearing that!

Thanks again on the anniversary wishes - it was very nice, I ate like a total pig. It was a 5 course Japanese meal, and I cleaned every plate of every course! What a piggy I am! Everyone at the table (you sit with strangers, they cook on your table) had a to-go box but me! I don't know how I fit such a gigantic meal and a 6-7 lb baby in my belly....

Amelia, I got your bead today, thanks!
#85 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still up.... Katie you did!

I am sooooooooo enjoying it! I have been driving the same car since I was a teenager! We've had a good run. Dh wanted me and the baby to have a safer car tho. Its funny...where are the lights..how do I do the wipers...the hazards? : It feels great tho.

on the hb wow! you will be announcing any time now!

:LOL go head girl! I remember when we were at the table with a and she was *eating* out of her to go box! :LOL You have an excuse! Sounds good tho.....

Amelia, I got a card from you too today.

eta: Katie, is that a pic of you holding Lucy when she was a little ol thing?

Who's cosleeper? I can't remember. How is it attached to the bed? I'm jealous....wow...... Arms Reach was useless as I asked them about the weight limit of the sleigh. I decided to use a playard and then I might get a crib and just keep it beside the bed. Not sidecar it. That scares me.

Mirth! Are you 10! :LOL I have to think about posting my pic....I used to do that to my MDC friend who became a IRL friend. I told her that it destroys the enigma. Course, then we met. :LOL
#86 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 12:53 AM

Yup, Lucy was 6 months old in that picture. I only have 2 pics of me on the computer, and one is when I was 3 months postpartum with Lucy in a bathing suit and there is no way I was posting that one!
#87 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 02:35 AM

35 weeks, 3 days

Hey ladies. Gawd but I miss you all. Just have NOT had time to get online. In fact...you heard it here first...I've decided to resign as a moderator. I just have not been able to keep up with things, and that has added stress I don't need. And I don't see my time getting any free-er after baby comes!

Well, Tuesday night was the Night from Hell, the worst one yet. I finally clued in and bought some Children's Tylenol. She's been on it since yesterday afternoon and last night slept very well. Only woke 2 or 3 times (as opposed to 5 or 6 lately) and was able to nurse back to sleep before my nipples were paining me too much. I took a look in her mouth, and the poor dear has her fourth one popping out now. She's been complaining of "boo-boo's" in her mouth today, and for the last 24 hours has been very, very moody, crying alot, and her nose has been running, too. My poor baby! Well, as DH says, better to get all themolars out now rather than after baby comes!

Lucy: congrats on the "all clear"...I get so excited for you reading YOUR excitement. I know things didn't go the way you had hoped with Lucy, and it sounds like you are going to finally get the birth experience you wanted. That is wonderful! And congrats on the anniversary. I hope the counselling is going well and that you are feeling hopeful for the future.

krnflwr: forget to say thanks for the heads up on the flashing thing (retinal detachment). I have an OB appointment tomorrow and am going to mention it to her. Hopefully it's more related to pregnancy/headache type stuff (read on a Google search link that some PG women had this when they were stressed and sleep-deprived, which is basically me to a Tee right now, lol).

Well, I guess that's the report for today. Hopefully I can post a bit more often (DH has been over at Mum's every day helping her prepare for her move, but now he'll be around during the day for a bit) and keep up with everything, such an exciting time for us!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#88 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabmommie
Mirth! Are you 10!
:LOL You have no idea how often I get that. And would you believe that I'm actually one of the older moms in our group? I'm 29 now will be 30 at the beginning of Feb. Funny, used to bother me that people assume I'm a recent high school grad when they get their first look at me, now that I've got 30 looming on the horizon (not to mention 2 children) I actually quite enjoy it.
#89 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

:LOL ohhhhhhhhh....you and are in the same range.....however, I'll swing open the 30th door for ya, since I'm hanging out inside. I used to be told I look young; but, I tink that's dried up on me now...

Weeeeeeeeeeell...could my weight lifting and mall walk not help me to sleep! I've been up since 3:40....I'm debating cycling this am...I might need to rest up. I have a big day...

dreamin about baby clothes...the last thing I looked at before I fell asleep. :
#90 of 160 Old 09-17-2004, 11:06 AM

Good morning everyone!! DH is coming down to my parents' today, I'm so excited! We've hardly seen each other these past two weeks. I don't know if I mentioned it, but while DS and I had our colds DH got really sick so I wouldn't go home nor let him come here. Like I need to puke and have a fever now!! He should get to stay til Sunday, but with the path of TS Jeanne, he may wind up leaving tomorrow, as they are taking the ships to the Keys again to get them to safety. Luckily this shouldn't be a monster storm this time, even when it becomes a hurricane. It could still do damage though since everything is so screwed up in this state already! But I'm not concerned. Worst case I just hang out here til the end of the week when he gets home. I HAVE to go home soon, I need to get the house back in order!! Luckily mom said she'll come up next weekend and help me get the house baby-ready!!

Letia -- that was my cosleeper. I'll take another pic when I get home and set it all up so you can really see it. Our bed is a platform bad, so the mattress sits on a platform and there is a little 1 inch or so lip that goes all around. It would actually be really difficult to make the arm's reach actually go flush with our mattress since the frame of the bed sticks out farther than the mattress. DH made the platform for the baby's bed stick out farther than the frame of the cosleeper, and put a lip on the bottm, so the lip hooks into the lip of our bed....make sense? So it will just hook over and stay secure that way. That and he didn't put wheels on the bottom of it to make sure it stays steadier. AND it's strong enough for us to jump on it so I don't have to worry about baby getting too heavy (DH tends to overkill on sturdiness when he builds LOL).

Lucy -- Yay on your homevisit!! I'm so excited to schedule mine soon!! My midwife brings another midwife with her to births so I'm excited to meet her as well.

Piglet -- Those molars suck! You may also want to try motrin -- it lasts longer and is anti-inflamatory, DS always reacted better to it. My ped usually recommends alternating between the two at each dose since each one is broken down by different organs, so it's easier on their little bodies that way too.

Court -- aren't those dreams weird? I had one the other night that my baby was a boy and he was HUGE...like 20lbs at 2 months or something. Though that doesn't beat a 100lb toddler LOL!!

Nancy -- I think when you are pg in general, it is harder to reach your cervix. Just keep trying at different times of the day and you should be eable to reach it eventually, it moves throughout the day. I can't reach mine most of the time right now though I used to be able to. Sometimes I can only reach the bottom lip.

Amelia -- sorry your babe is still breech, but there is still time. My SIL's babe was breech for a while too but she turned back around 34 weeks or so.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who isn't sleeping around here. I don't know if I can't wait for a newborn to wake me up or if I'm better off now LOL. Though I remember after DS was born it was so nice to actually be comfortable when I laid down!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page