Mothering Forum banner

Week of September 20 - the Home Stretch!

13K views 188 replies 30 participants last post by  blessed2bamommie 
#1 ·
October Mamas Roll Call

momtol&a
Yoga mama
snugglebutter 10/01
mirthfulmum 10/03 BOY! Harrison Eliot Smith
*prediction: last week of Sept, 8 hrs labour*
TracyK 10/04
mhurst 10/04
kraftykathy 10/04 *prediction: Oct 4, short labour, girl*
Jillerina 10/04 *prediction: Oct 6, 6 hrs labour*
water 10/06
KateMary 10/06 *Ruby Ava born 09/25*
Proudly AP 10/08
MamaEmerald 10/08
nikwik 10/8 GIRL!
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY! Miles Rocket
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
ashleepurdie 10/12 *prediction: boy, 12 hours easy labour*
momadance 10/13 BOY! Gabriel Reed...? or will it be Zappa?

*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! Emma Grace *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 *Twins! Owen and Gwynnen born 10/25*
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam scheduled cesarian October 8
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Ekatherina 10/22
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
AngelBee 10/25 BOY! Angelo Richard
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Morning Ladies! Well, for those of us on the West Coast it's still morning, lol. Nice to be back doing the weekly thread and keeping up with y'all a bit better.

Question of the Week: Okay, we're going to get a bit risque here, lol...has the love life pretty much gone into hibernation and, if so, how well do you think your partner is going to handle it?

DH hasn't seen any action in at least a couple months now, and knows the dry spell won't be lifting any time soon. I know he misses the intimacy, heck we barely get a chance to cuddle, what with my 6 pillows forming a wall around me, and DD occupying what little of my body is still accessable, lol. I'm lucky that DH tolerates it all well. He does understand, and he's crazy enough about being a papa that he feels it's all worth it. I feel bad for him (I think he misses it more than I do), but also feel blessed that he's so easygoing and understanding. I would not want to deal with that sort of pressure at this time!

So, I'm 36 weeks! today. The house is finally starting to look like a home, basically just have the kids' room to tackle (thanks for the tip about putting a dust cover over the diapers, whoever that was!). I also feel like I'm suddenly short on things like onesies, etc...so I think I'll be devoting this week to taking a true inventory of clothes, blankets, etc and doing some final shopping.

See less See more
#55 ·
Oh, I just so enjoy reading this thread!! Katie, how exciting - sounds like a plug to me, not that I have any experience with such a thing, lol.

Boy, I'm glad my DH isn't reading this thread: I don't want him to see how much sex your men are getting!! It's crazy b/c I have this ridiculously high libido during PG, but there just never seems to be the opportunity, and I end up taking care of myself (had to LOL at the term "BOB"...I actually had a Bob before DD was born and yep, he was always dependable when DH started to get a bit freaked out by the realization that his DD was "right down there somewhere", lol. This time around I think he'd have gotten over that pretty quickly. It took me a long time to enjoy sex after the birth, I was just too dry and it was uncomfortable, even with lots of gooey help. Anyways, I actually BROKE poor Bob, lol...ended up throwing him away, and now wonder if I had another Bob where on earth could I hide it from my kids? I had a friend in high school who found her mother's "little electric friend" and it was very traumatic for her (lol looking back on it of course). Anyways, I have NOT wanted this babe to come early, so I wouldn't have sex recently even if we had the chance. But we are both dropping into bed exhausted so there's been no chance.

Well, I'm officially wiped out. I have so little energy I don't know how I make it through the day. I wobble around like a cripple, I get sharp pains if I move too fast...today I did a small amount of shopping with my Mum, then walked the 7 blocks back to my apartment. I felt like I'd hiked a mile...so then I ask DH to go to the grocery store and he's like "you were just out!"....do you GET that walking an extra three blocks, walking through a grocery store, standing in line to pay, and walking back is just NOT possible after the marathon I've just completed???? Honestly, these days I just want to smack him. He's normally so supportive but lately my stamina is down to nothing and he just doesn't seem to get it!

Okay, that's my vent for the day. I can also join those of you with toddlers who are freaking out a bit. Emily seems to be past the worst of her teething, but she is still waking about three times a night to nurse - although thankfully it's not for long. But still...and she's super clingy with me, keeps telling DH to "go away" (then five minutes later is wanting to play with him)....I am clinging to the words of wisdom some of you have been handed, that this will die down after the birth. I want the DD back that I had about a month ago, lol. I'm also getting more and more anxious of how she is going to deal with being separated from me when I'm in the hospital overnight...then this small part of me thinks "maybe she'll do a total nightwean"...ugh, who is that person talking? Some times I really hate nursing her, and sometimes I'm so grateful (like today in the store when she was on the verge of a meltdown due to being tired, and I snuck off to a corner and nursed her to sleep). Saw two more newborns at my LLL meeting Monday and while it made me all baby-gooey it also freaked me out: I guess we just have to have faith that we'll all find a way to make this two-kids thing work!

I still haven't bought my beads yet....bear with me, mamas...I promise I'll do it this week! I have received beads from Ann and "Lynch" in TX (I'll have to go look up your username and figure out who you are, lol). Unfortunately, Amelia's and krnflwr's beads got lost in the mail. But I'm loving my collection of cards and notes!

And hey, we can start "October babies" threads in the Life with a Babe forum after our kids are born to keep in touch!

Did allformyboys post a birth story? I'll have to check it out. If so, I'll start a birth announcements thread (make it a sticky).

#56 ·
:LOL lots to keep up with today...what a funny read this has been!

Soogie- Darn
if your 3 or 4 times a week didn't get you the results than my feeble night or two surely won't
Ah, but it's been a fun experiment anyway...maybe it's different since in my case my cervix isn't used to it

Court- you do know that I was just teasing you out of jealousy right?
That's so cool that you dreamed about babies, and as of tonight it looks like your dream could be right, with Jillerina already 38+weeks and Katie having signs

Mommadance- Geesh! Sorry to hear about your MIL and her take on being involved...I hope that she gives her head a little shake and realizes her place.

I got my first bead today (that made it), that's one for three....it's so pretty! Thanks Mirthfulmum
though mine seems so boring now in comparison. Amelia, unfortunately yours didn't make it.

Ohh Katie...sounds so promising!! I never did see my plug, and since my water broke as the start of my labor I must have lost it...but what you are describing sure sounds like it!! Soon, Soon, Soon.

Piglet...I was right there with ya today with absolutely NO energy, I hope that tomorrow is better for both of us...and everyone else who is severely feeling the drain.

On that note, my DH went out of town today until Thurs. so I am definately wanting nothing happening here! Of course I don't want anything happening before at least 37 weeks. So Ember tells me today "That was nice of Daddy to go out of town for a few days"...and I didn't know if I should laugh or cry...it was too funny, but I feel sorry for Dh, as I have said before she is such a Momma's girl...I really wish that she felt closer to him.
I know there are a few of you who will hopefully understand. I hope that when Oakley comes that she sees her Daddy in a new light, but on the other hand I worry about sibling rivalry/jealousy issues.

#57 ·
Ok, those really pretty hotslings everyone's been getting....what was that site that had them again? I might treat myself to one...I'm bound to get some money for my bday to cover the expense.

OakEmber -- my Dh is gone til Friday. That's so funny what Ember said about your DH leaving! She'll be fine though, and probably will take to daddy more when you are busy, since he'll have lots of time and energy for her. These 2 weeks should be DH's last 2 having to get underway with the ship til the baby gets here, thank goodness. I'll be a couple days shy of 37 weeks when he ends this underway period!

Piglet -- I'm so sorry you are getting so wiped! I remember going for walks at the end of my pg last time, and man I was like a snail and one lap around the block was more than enough for me, I can't believe you are trekking 7 blocks with toddler in tow!

#58 ·
Ugh...can I add that I feel like the baby is grinding its head inside my pelvis this morning? Last night I had low back pain (like in my pelvic bones). Now it's like it's grinding around in there. Maybe it's trying to turn the right way? Or maybe the drop just happened and now I have all new sensations to get used to?

#59 ·
As usual, I'm chiming in late again so there's no way I'm even going to attempt to respond to individual posts...

QOTW: We're still active, albeit a little bit less than usual-maybe once or twice a week on average. It takes me just a little longer than usual to "get into it," although I'm usually pretty happy once things get warmed up. My husband really seems to be turned on by my pregnant body, so I really can't complain too much! I've been hoping that the Ina May Gaskin thing about staying sexually active proves to be true, at least in my case...

Had my home visit last night. My husband and I have been frantically cleaning, organizing, rearranging furniture, decluttering and hauling away unwanted stuff to Goodwill in preparation. Out house still isn't perfect, but its as good as its going to get for now.

So, the home visit went well and my midwife did her first internal exam. I'm a fingertip dialated and she could actually reach through my cervix to feel the baby's head! Lots of bloody show too, which really excited both the midwife and her assistant. But, he's still pretty high up (about -1) and I haven't even began to efface yet at all, so it could still be a while...who knows?

The other news is that we've finally decided on a name: Miles Rocket.

Okay, now I'm off to order an infant carseat- we've had to return three different seats to BRU already because they don't fit properly into my husband's car. At this point we're just going to have to spend the money for the infant Britax seat which is quite costly, but we're pretty sure it won't have the same problems that all of the other seats had. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere in the state that actually carries the seat in-stock, so we'll have to order it online. I'm off now to see who has the lowest price on it...

#60 ·
38 weeks

Whoa, it's getting so close now! I picked up my birth pack at the midwife's yestarday. They included a lovely herbal bath and some Lanisoh cream. I thought that was a nice treat! I still feel like I must be missing something, I keep going through my supplies and baby things. I really haven't bought a whole lot this time around. And I'm sure that I have enough to get through the birth and the first couple of weeks, but I still feel like I forgot something. Anyone else feel like that?

I still don't have my belly cast supplies. Maybe that's what is bothering me?

Also, I'm sure I read once that when the baby drops, there is supposed to be less heartburn! Not true for me. Not only is the baby's head so low that I practically get a major groin everytime I get up to pee in the middle of the night, but my throat is constantly burning day and night even when I keep meals very small. Well, that's my vent for the day, lol!

I've gotten 3 of my beads so far without any losses! But I have a confession - I haven't sent mine out yet. Sorry!!! After reading about all the beads that got lost I decided to repackage mine. I really want to make sure they get there safe and sound! I hope they make it to all of you on time!!!

I stopped at a friend's place yestarday. I hadn't seen her in months and hadn't a chance to see her new farm. It was so much fun! She has 35 alpacas. They are just so pretty. A couple of them were all white with icy blue eyes! Wow! We went out into the pasture with them and it was so funny. All the animals bunched up close to us and just stared and stared at us. Cute!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Can't believe we'll be reading birth stories anytime now! So exciting!!!

Kathy

#62 ·
It's so exciting see you guys post that you are 37/38 weeks!!

Futuremama- Congrats on having your home visit!! And on finding a name too...Miles Rocket is super cool!

Kathy- picking up your birth pack must have been exciting...I will have to ask my midwife about that sort of thing on Wed. cuz who knows it could be my last office visit! As far as I know I will have to buy it though...did you get yours as a gift?

Amy
. Thanks, I really hope so. I know that a few others have talked about thier Dc being totally dependant on Momma but theirs are only 2...Ember has had 4 years of being used to this. Then again, I was the same according to my mom, and I was 6 when my sis was born and I was fine...I jumped right into being "little mom". Which reminds me too...Dh was asking us if we wanted him to bring us something home from Calgary and when he asked Ember what she wanted she was like..."um, maybe some clothes for Oakley" :LOL Funny thing is that was what I was thinking too, but hadn't said it because we really don't need anything now that one of my friends lent me all her sons stuff.

#63 ·
Well, after 3 pages of posts, I don't feel like I can possibly manage to respond to everyone individually... especially with needing to introduce myself, too *blush* Hopefully I'll be a bit more "with it" as I come further out of lurking...

Okay, so my name is Nikole and I'm currently 24 years old. I have a little boy who's almost 6 (Oct. 22, 1998), and I'm due to have my little girl on Oct. 8... just a couple of weeks! My husband and I have been married for a bit over 6 years. We also had a little boy a couple of years ago (Jan. 20, 2002)... but due to DS being autistic (and at a 9 month old level in a 3.5 year old's body with the strength of a 10 year old, at the time), we felt it was best for the baby to be adopted.

I honestly wish I'd known about MDC when I was younger... my son would have greatly benefitted, I'm sure... but now's better than never, right?

Today is 37 weeks and 5 days for me, and the anxiety (the good kind) has really started kicking in. I guess maybe that's one reason I finally decided to actually post, too *laugh*

I don't really know what else to say, so I'll just have to check back later and see what's new. I wish everyone a blessed birth experience and look forward to reading the birth stories, once they're posted =)

#65 ·
Had a pretty good midwife appointment yesterday. But Harrison seemed to have turned on to his back and risen back out of my pelvis
: (although he had never engaged). So I spent the rest of the day yesterday sitting in the various baby turning positions. This morning when I woke up it feels like he's turned back in to the optimal postion so now I am just hoping he drops
:. Alias never droped and never got in to the ideal birth position (hence the 4 and a half hours of pushing followed by a vacuum extraction), I just hope this little guy is more cooperative.

I am getting very antsy and just want labour and delivery to done and get on with our new life with our 2 boys. It's getting more and more difficult for Dh and I to just relax and enjoy these last few days of calm. I really feel now like we are just waiting around with our lives on hold. Oh I really hope I don't go to 42 weeks.

One good sign is that I think that nesting has finally kicked in. As I sit here and write this all I keep thinking about is how I really want to vacuum the living room and clean the toys off of Alias' room floor.

to all the ladies here coping with tantrumy children, aches and pains and pregnancy angst.

to those mommas who are getting so close to holding their babies in their arms.

nikwik!

#66 ·
Welcome Nikole! MDC is great! Hope you get lots of great support and info here-I know I do!

www.hotslings.com for whoever wanted that...I have 3 now
so obviously I'm biased-they are really great and worth the money!! Kristen is awesome to work with too. I have a fleece one that I'm looking forward to using when it's cold.

What is with husbands this week? Mine is gone too until Saturday! He'll be gone for a few days next week too but then nothing more until after the baby-I told him no traveling after Oct 10 and he said he was supposed to be gone Oct 18-I said "umm-NO" he agreed easily so it must not have been that important!

Take care
Ann

#67 ·
Mirthfulmum - sending you good baby-engaging vibes!!! I've heard swimming canbe good. Plus, in the pool you can comfortably do some deep squatting for a while. Hope he gets settled in for you!!!

My contractions just stopped eventually at around midnight. I'll mention the mucous bits to my MW tomorrow at my appointment, but I don't think it is anything to get too excited about. I know mamas who have lost parts of their plugs for weeks! I have heard it can even regenerate. (Um, I'd like to know exactly what part of my body can make a big slug like that and why I didn't know about it before pregnancy!!!!)

FutureMama, sounds like you are getting close too, with all the bloody show! You must be getting so excited.

Whoever mentioned the middle-of-the-night groin pain, OH MAN! I can relate. When I heft myself outta bed to go to the bathroom, I get a terrible pain around my pubic bone, and both of my hip joints pop! Speaking of, how many times are you guys getting up per night? I'm at about 3-5 times, and it is no fun...it really hurts to walk to the bathroom!

On the topic of slings....my mom (who is being suspiciously nice) is buying me a Kangaroo Korner Adj. Fleece Pouch AND a wrap! She is ordering them this week. She's either getting a Moby Wrap or a Hug a Bub. I am so excited, we only have the Maya and it is a medium, and dh and I really need a large. She said this way I will have the fleece for the fall and winter and going out, and the wrap for indoors and the warmer months!

#68 ·
OMG! I just went online to order some more nursing bras (www.birthandbaby.com good prices, $1 shipping, great customer service -- I've ordered from them a couple times before) and I was looking around and thinking, I still haven't done anything about pp pads. What are you all using? Cloth mamas I mean. I was thinking of using some disposables left over from DS and some premium cpf's I have for the first few days, but after that....???? I hated wearing disposables for 6 weeks last time, I need something softer. I had thought about making them but let's be honest here I don't have time for it! I'll be lucky if I get the wipes sewn up in time. :LOL

#69 ·
Piglet..."Lynch" is me. Guess I should have written my mdc name or my first name on the envelope. duh. I feel pretty lame about not sending a card with the bead or even writing a small note. The other ladies have sent along some sweet words. Anyhoo, if anybody else is wondering "Lynch" in Texas is me, Soogie/Susan.

I still have some brownies left...they are calling my name. I might just have to chase them with a gallon of milk and a few Tums. Yum.

Katie, I have a Maya wrap for the warmer weather, which unfortunately, is most of the year down here. But I did snag a used KKAFP, and I can't wait until I can use it. We do get a few cooler days, but I figured that since I didn't pay full price for it, that any use it does get will be worth it. It looks so snuggly. I'm keeping my eyes out for a Hug a bub too.

Welcome Nikole...glad you found us.

It's funny that so many of our DH's are mia this week. Mine is gone until Friday night. phooey. He wanted to attend a class in Ohio mid October and I told him no way. This will be the last of his traveling for a while.

And I'm with ya ladies on the wee little head grating on the cervix. Yowzers!!! My other 2 babes didn't turn heads down until 38 weeks, much less be engaged, so this is all new to me. It's like I can feel my pelvis separate everytime I get off the floor or out of a chair. ugh.

#71 ·
Can anyone give me their opionion. I used to have a new native carrier but sold it becuase I didn't like the pouch but after seeing the Hotslings I'm really considering getting a fleece one. Anyone here try a new native and own a hotsling? I'd love some feedback about preference. I didn't find the new native to eay to use and found it very hard to get my son out of it when he was a newborn. Maybe because the instrucions weren't that good or I was so new to babywearing that I was kinda clueless.
I have a Maya Wrap (ring sling) and a Kozy Carrier which will be great for when #2 is bigger.

Thanks,
Carrie

P.S. Thanks for making me crave brownies now! I can't stop thinking about them.

#72 ·
My DH was supposed to be out of town all this week, too, but he cancelled after last week's excitement. I feel bad about it; he has been looking forward to this conference for months. (It's basically a bunch of middle-aged good ol boys playing golf, going to all-you-can-eat buffets, and drinking beer while talking about fishing. DH isn't middle aged or a GOB, and he doesn't even like to fish, but he still likes a break from work now and then, and he likes to "network".) Anyway, I was looking forward to him being gone for a few days, too. I always get so much done when he's not around. KWIM?

I am crampy and sore! I feel like I'm gripped in the longest BH contraction ever in the history of womankind! I swear my belly has been rock hard for hours. So does this just go on and on for weeks? No wonder pregnant women get so grumpy towards the end! Last night I had the worst temper.
I snapped at DH about everything from cracking his jaw to the way he was breathing...

So I'm whining to my mom last week about all of the "You're so HUGE!!!" comments I get, and she tells me I'm not huge at all and people just say stupid things to pregnant women, blah blah blah..... and yesterday I talk to my brother who lives in another state, and he says, "So, Mom tells me you're getting really Huge." WHAT?!??!
I said, "Did she actually use that word!?" and he said, "Uh, yeah.... she said 'Nancy's getting pretty huge'.... " My own mother?!

On to happier topics...
I got all our baby clothes washed and put away, and... we are out of room already! We have a brand new dresser just for the baby, and with all the hand-me-downs my SIL sent me, and the few gifts I've received in the mail, it's already full. (One drawer is entirely blankets, and another drawer is just cloth diapers.)

And the HMDs are just the gender-neutral stuff SIL is giving us - once the baby is here there will be tons of boy or girl stuff on the way! And I haven't even had my shower yet...
Do babies really wear this much clothing? What do you do with it all?!

Well I hope you're all doing well. Welcome to the newcomers!
BTW, I haven't sent out my beads yet, either.
: Bad, bad, Nancy...

Oh, almost forgot!
Today is DH and my 3rd wedding anniversary!
He's taking me out for dinner. Maybe I'll even get a back rub...

#73 ·
Nancy ~ yes, babies really wear that much! With my first, I swear he had a larger wardrobe than DH and I combined... it didn't seem to keep me from having to wash his clothes every few days! After a while, though, you'll start to fall into using the things you like best, and then you can move a bit of it out of the way... just be sure to keep the extras in case of a clothing emergency
I keep getting the "huge" comments, too... my sister's the worst, I think... we'll talk on the phone (she lives about 5 hours away) and she'll tease me about not being able to see my feet, etc. Just remember... you'll get to slim down a lot soon

Susan ~ We get a lot of heat here, too... and I never would have even imagined using a sling with my first. Now, it just seems like that'd be the natural thing to do... and I just have to wait until the baby comes so I can figure out my size while I'm not the size of the titanic!

Everyone ~ Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad now that I decided to pipe up and post something

#74 ·
I'm so tired, even though I got lots of sleep, I think. I was supposed to take Logan to the zoo today, but I literally don't have anything to wear. The 3 things that still fit are in the laundry. I have some jogging pants and dh's t-shirt, but I don't know if I want to go out looking like a huge slob. I thought it would be good to get some walking exercise at the zoo, but I can barely move. We may make it there yet, if I can get my act together. Still got to get ds dressed and finished eating.

Happy Anniversary Nancy! That BH sounds brutal, I've never had one last that long...that sucks. BTW, did you ever say how the visit w/ your inlaws went? Sorry if I'm just being forgetful.

Welcome Nikole!

And
to everyone who needs 'em! I don't have all the pelvic pain yet that everyone's talking about. Somehow this makes me jealous.
Yay for the bloody show Futuremama! We're getting close.

Oh yeah, I want in on those brownies too!

#75 ·
i love the birthandbaby.com bra website, they have detailed reviews based on the size and shape of breasts! i'd ordered bras from Bravado already and the 46 DD/E was way small. (my eyes still goggle at "DD/E" yikes!)

does anyone have/know of a pattern for a homemade sling? i like the hotslings but have run out of money, but i have a ton of great fabric. i have a Maya wrap but i also like the simpler slings that are like a big band of fabric.

Willow has definitely dropped, the groin pain is fairly stunning. she still kicks a rib once in a while, but i can breathe again! i'm getting up 3-5 times a night also. speaking of TMI, last night and tonight i had the runs which was a nice change from being constipated. i called my doula last night after a freakout, an "omg i'm never going to be able to birth this baby, she'll never fit, what if i die yada yada" type of thing. she said that's the best sign that i'm about to go into labor! *lol* anyone else freak out before labor starts?

peace,
meli

#76 ·
36 weeks!

Somehow these Hershey's Nuggets don't quite fill that craving set in upon reading about brownies. sigh...

Nancy - Happy Anniversary!!! Your 'huge' story reminded me of my last interaction with my grandmother. So, we're getting out of the car at the same time at my folks house for a family dinner and the very first words out of her mouth are (no kidding) 'Hey there Fat Lady'. It was all I could do not to get back into the car and flee home. My response to her was 'Hey Back Old Lady' and then I walked away steaming. My dad says I should have said 'yeah, but at least I'll be losing my fat' (she's not so slim herself...) I wish I'd thought of that. Then to top off the night, she later remarks how I'm my face didn't get any uglier or blotchier like it does with some women. I thought to myself - does this woman ever think before she opens her pie hole?!

Oh, and about clothes - we have been blessed with so many gifts and hand-me-downs (plus we went a bit crazy at a garage sale) that I can't imagine she'll ever wear them all. I've started to sort by size and so far we literally have about 50 outfits in size 0 - 3 months alone! I just can't wait to dress her up, though. At least I won't mind too much when accidents happen throughout the day.

I had a baby shower this last weekend as well - it was great to get so many items off of our registry and some nice surprises as well.

Last Friday's OB appt was great; baby was heads down and sitting to the left (like a good Little Bean) but she switched on Monday - now she's on my right side. ugh - I've been studying the spinningbabies.com website for tips on getting her re-positioned. I've also been going to the chiropractor for adjustments; hopefully something will work soon!

QOTW: sigh - well, let's just say that the frequency is not what it used to be. At least the snuggling and affection are enough to make up for it.

So hey, is anyone else doing perineal massage? (What idiot ever named it something so relaxing as massage?!?) For you experienced mommas - does this really work?

FutureMomma - I love the name. We just got a Britax Marathon from my folks - it's a convertible and will go up to 65 lbs. Gotta love it when Grandma and Grandpa pull through with the goods!

LucysMomma - you're in my thoughts; good luck getting things moving soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.