Week of September 20 - the Home Stretch! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the words of encouragment Kimberly - I'm another mama worried about how I'm going to be able to care for my two babies. If you say it can be done I'll believe you!

Meli, I think your pride is completely warrented - good for you to have insisted on what you wanted. I've also refused internals but for the opposite reason as you. I'm sure my cervix is dilated and softened but I know from last time that it can be "ripe" and ready for WEEKS before labor starts. This time I just don't wanna know!

To the rest of you gals, I just don't think I can keep up with the thread anymore. Its that overwhelmed feeling again... I'll just say hugs and good thoughts are going to you all instead of trying to reply individualy.

I will say that I'm beginning to think Lucysmama is going to have her baby first out of the regular posters... you seem to be so ahead of me and I'm supposed to go first!!!! I emailed a friend yesterday who is expecting her first baby 6 days after me (Oct 10th) and she said they'd had lots of excitment the night before, 2 hours of regular contractions and then nothing. I haven't heard anything form her since so who knows whats happening now. I told her I'd be very jealous if she had her baby first but in the friendliest way! Anyway, all this to say, I want to have my baby soon

OK, lunch, then a nap for mommy. Looks like Clara will be getting to watch a movie today! Oh did I mention she is still sick. The fever has stuck around and now she is horse too. Poor thing, I'm trying to be as cuddly and lovey dovey as I can without picking her up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 02:26 PM

Yipee! Just had the mw "team" over for our home visit. She said our hot tub was perfect! It's in a very private gazebo with electric outlets and over head lights!!! Space heater may come in handy depending on when bean decides to enter the world. Still in the best position (has been for 5 weeks).

they were cracking up that my "floating chair" is my yoga ball. It's all I ever sit on. Pregnate or not! It's that or the floor. they said that explains the prime fetal positioning. Having them around really helped put me in a better frame of mind.

We gonna be birthin' some babies soon!!!!!!!!!
#123 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 02:37 PM

Momadance - to your brother! I don't know where he lives, but hopefully he is in a state with lenient MJ laws. (Here in Ohio, for example, you just get a ticket for posession, MJ is decriminialized.) I hope he gets it worked out ok.

And I SO know what you mean about getting all upset about the world. I know it sounds really silly, but I am about as liberal as they come, and yesterday when I was leaving my midwife's house, I saw her car had a "W '04" sticker on it. I was so bummed and upset! Isn't that nutty of me???

Amy - you poor mama, having to leave again! ! Just remember, you can always have the baby SOMEWHERE. When we were going thru our housing panic, dh said, "Well, we can just go to a hotel with a big jacuzzi tub. We'll tell the hotel, 'There will be 3 of us checking in.....and 4 of us checkin' out!" I'm sure they'd LOVE that! But seriously, babies don't care if the floor is damp or the couch is damaged - they just need you!
#124 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 02:38 PM

OMG...Why am I so HOT!!! All of a sudden I feel like it's a hundred degrees in here....I need to pack....ugh it's too hot and I feel too weak to do anything!!! I feel like I'm going through menopause LOL!!!

Yay for the great home visit Momadance, I can't wait, mine is tentatively scheduled for Monday.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#125 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 02:40 PM

Momadance - YAY on the homevisit! I am so jealous of your jacuzzi-gazembo, that sounds so awesome!

Jillerina - NO, you're gonna curse me! Now I'll carry the baby to 43 weeks! :LOL

I have to say, I can't believe so many of us are full-term and we have no births yet! Great job cooking those babies, mamas! Now it's time to get crackin', I think!

ETA: WOOO HOOO! I just got my birth kit and my AquaDoula! I am officially set to have the baby. Wonder is he/she got the memo.....?
#126 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 02:58 PM

It's was so nice to read your post Kimberly. I was actually thinking about the moms here who have already have 2 or more kids last night. My mantra today is "If they can do it, so can I".

Sorry Katie but I'm with Jillerina, I just don't feel like my little guy is going any where any time soon. You seem to be the gal who is closest to labour. But then again you never really know...

Amy - I am experiencing weird random hot flashes too. I'll just be sitting down, not doing much and I'll break out in a sweat! It's very uncomfortable.

Congratulations to all you mommas getting ready for your homebirths. It all sounds so exciting!
#127 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 03:14 PM

I forgot to mention the great books one of the mw's brought over RUna's Birth by Uwe Spillman and Inga Kamieth, and Welcome with Love byJenni Overend... Absolutely beautiful. It's so hard to find sibling books that don't entail bottles, and trips to the hospital.

Katie, it's not nutty for you to get bummed about the W'04 sticker, it's exactly those types of things that freak me out...
#128 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 03:32 PM

Hello October Mamas! Hope all is going well with mama and baby!

QOTW: For the first trimester, business as usual. Second trimester, it kind of creeped him out. Thought he would be guilty of shaken baby syndrom. Third trimester.....he wants it bad....it hurts me bad. During actual intercourse I am sooooooo sensative. I'm not one for faking but I admit I have benn pretending to be excited to speed up the process. The cuddling and foreplay is worth the discomfort. At least it was, dh has gone about two weeks with nothing. I can tell he is a little bummed, but is very understanding.

Can you all believe how soon we will all have our little ones! This time around has just flown by for me. The last two days I have been extrememly uncomfortable. Kinda made me wonder if I was going early. I was a week late for both of my other babes. Have an appointment Wed with midwife so we will see!

Hope all is good for everyone. Take good care of yourselves. Next time I'll pop in on Mon instead of Fri! That pregnancy forgetfulness is kicking in full force!

Best wishes!
Angela

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#129 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good Lord Amy-will you ever be able to settle down and not worry about hurricanes-this baby should be named "Windy" LOL Sending you lots of warm thoughts.

And yes-it will work out-for all you wondering about dealing with 2 babes. I worried about sharing the attention, etc. but it really does just flow for both...and the extra joy is beyond words! There are times when DH ask "what were thinking wanting 3?" but we know it'll all work out and will never question it seriously. Will things get crazy-oh yes! But it's all just great memory makers!
Hugs
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#130 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 04:06 PM

ita with Kimberly and Ann. I used to have full blown panic attacks when I was pg with #2, thinking how on earth was I not only going to love 2 babies, but how on earth was I going to take care of them???? Aidan was only 17 months old when Fiona was born and I used to play out the logistics of mothering 2 in my mind during my pg. I just wish I knew then what I do now. I spent so much time just worrying about it, but life has a funny way of making things okay. The transition went as smooth as can be and Fiona fell right into place...as if she had always been apart of our family. And my heart just exploded with love when Fiona was just 4 days old. I had her laying on a blanket on the floor and Aidan laid right down beside her, patted her gently on the head, and said "wa-ah you", which was Aidan-ese for "I love you." Your heart just gets bigger and bigger...

Now expecting #3 I should be more worried! lol! I figure I had it too easy going from 1 to 2, that I'm due for some bad luck!
#131 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 04:12 PM

Whew! I totally understand the inabilty to tolerate ANY heat at all. I've always been a pretty cold-blooded person- you know, one of those people who always carry a sweater around even in the middle of summer. Well, just in the past week or so it has gotten to the point where I am absolutely sweltering all the time! Ugh.

My one other complaint: I am sick and tired of these maternity clothes! Earlier in the summer I was really enjoying all the new clothes, now I'm over them. I've gained around 15 pounds just in the past month, so nothing really fits. I'd love to go buy just a couple of things that look decent on me, but we're broke and I can't justify the expense when I'm already this far along! The only really comfortable thing I have anymore is a pair of yoga pants and my husband's old, ratty, full of holes but super soft Phish t-shirt...comfy, but rather sloppy looking...

Overall though, I really shouldn't complain at all! I still feel great for the most part and haven't had any aches or pains that are even worth mentioning. I'm very lucky to have had such an EASY pregnancy!

Oh, and so I already mentioned some bloody show earlier this week, and now today I lost part of my muscous plug. It was amazing- I wiped after going to pee and was shocked to see such a big, thick, gooey glob of mucous come out of me! Wonder if this means that Miles is getting ready to make his grand appearance, or will it still be weeks...?
#132 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 04:57 PM

random weird thought ... you know how people say "all up in my stuff"? next time i hear that, i am going to say "you have NO idea what all up in your stuff means until you have a baby living between your spleen and your bladder!" :LOL

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#133 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 04:57 PM

Ohhh... Looks like a race to the finish for Katie and FutureMama! Who will be first?!?

Amy - I can't believe you're getting another hurricane down there. It's just crazy! When does hurricane season end? Hopefully you won't get another one after the baby.

Letia - All of my prenatals with my new midwife are homevisits. Let's just say that I no longer make an effort to clean up first! (Well, I still make DH clean up the bathroom.) Last thing I want to worry about in labor is if my house is clean enough for the midwife! :LOL

It's great to read all the insight into having a second child. This is our first, but I've been worried about the same things. Will it be as exciting the second time, will I love the second baby as much, etc...

Am I the only one who has a fear that the baby will wait until after the election to be born? Sometimes I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting to see what will happen, and I wonder if it'll affect my labor! Too Much NPR!!! I am such a nut! So, yes, Momadance - I'm too sensitive lately too!!
#134 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 06:05 PM

Thanks for all the reassurance from the BTDT Mamas...I know I keep hearing that it is possible to mother more than one child and remain sane, but lately I've had serious doubts.

and, yes, I'm with you all on feeling especially sensitive lately...temperature-wise (hot flash city around here) and world-wise. Everything either seems to make me weep or get incredibly angry. I haven't read the paper or watched the news in weeks. Can barely listen to the radio, and I'm usually an NPR junkie. I guess I'm starting to hibernate already.

Saw the OB and MW today. I'm so relieved to find out I'm GBS neg., and that my cervix (which I couldn't reach myself, which is why I asked them to check) is "high, tight and thick". No Baby Cookie for me this early. I'm more than willing to sit back and let you eager mamas go first, thank you very much.

BUT...(insert drumroll here)
we might get our first birth from our group sooner than expected!!
Gretchen (gmvh 10/16 TWINS! BOY! and GIRL!) is being induced today. It's a bit abrupt, but not completely unexpected. She really wanted to go into labor on her own and wants as natural a birth as possible, so she's kind of bummed that they want to induce. When I left, they were just going to set her up on the monitors and watch the twins a bit more. I don't know if or when they'll start the induction, but I'll share any news that comes my way. I'm sure she'd appreciate any and all good labor vibes and prayers we can send her way. We could have our first Oct babies any hour now!
#135 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 06:36 PM

Good labor thoughts to Gretchen!!!

FutureMama, you are gonna be first, I think! I feel too good today to be having a baby in the next few days! Oh, and my dh has an old, soft holey Phish shirt that I wear, too!

I haven't outgrown any of my clothes....but that's probably because I decided early on in this pregnancy that I was not wearing ANY real pants. Only yoga pants! I haven't had on anything else in 6 months or so. They are really stretchy, so they never got too small.

Nancy - I am an NPR junkie, too. I love Neil Conan and Talk of the Nation best. I am trying not to get too wrapped up in politics right now, though I am normally very politically active. Things are just so heated and ugly right now from both sides, it stresses me out, so I have been just skimming the news every day, and I put down all the political-related books.
#136 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 06:56 PM

ooooh, lots of good wishes for gretchen and her duo!

i actually have a big question, that is WAY, WAY, WAY TMI even by our standards. so if talk of intimacy or mention of "BOB" makes you squirm, please stop reading.

ok, has anyone ever experienced anything like this: yesterday evening i was home alone. i figured i'd see if maybe taking care of things myself (ummm, down there, manually) would get me more in the mood for some luvin when dh came home. i've done this with decent success while pregnant, always laying down. well, i didn't think much of it but i happened to be sitting in a chair this time (this becomes important later). things take a bit longer than usual but whatever. then afterwards i notice i don't feel quite normal down there and i go get a mirror and i'm EXTREMELY swollen. like seriously made my heart skip a beat i'm not supposed to look like that swollen. it was not painful or dischargey or anything, just big and puffy. well, i decide to lie down on my left side and ice the area (while praying that the cold does not encourage the baby to turn back head up - i think it's still pointing the right way). that seems to have good results and after a full night's rest things look and feel completely normal, like i can't tell at all that anything unusual happened last night. so, my theory is that now with my big weighty uterus, some vein was smooshed cause of my seated position and could not let all the extra blood get out so i got puffy. does that sound reasonable? i told dh about this (which he found slightly amusing) and he agreed that's probably what happened. i'd rather not mention this to the midwife since it all got better so fast but i'm wondering if i'm the only one to ever have bizarro swelling down there. even though the swelling is gone without a trace we've decided to go on "pelvic rest" until i reach 37 weeks. has anyone ever even heard of this happening before??? it freaked me out and for the first time in my life made me feel a bit guilty about taking care of myself in that way. thanks for reading. sorry about the TMI and all the euphemisms. i'm at work so perhaps there's someone reading this but hopefully it won't trigger any words on a scanner-bot. ah well, i'm still a bit worried so i don't want to wait till i get home to post. thanks!

gosh, i'm almost embarrassed to hit "submit reply"

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#137 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 07:18 PM

I had the same thing happen to me recently but when using BOB. Things went back to normal pretty quickly but it was a bit swollen and a bit painful. Must be a pregnancy thing becuase this never has happened before.

Carrie
#138 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 07:22 PM

my friend ended up with a huge vericose vain that pulsated 24/7 down ahem there.... something to do with pressure, yikes!!!!!!

so i went to invest in some EPO today, and the lady in the HFS was pushing st. johns wort, and spouting about some new study that said it's good for getting the uterus ready for birth. anyone hear anything about this? apparently she's got a 4 1/2 month old, and started taking it in place of EPO at around 32 weeks. She said she's privy to all the latest news in the herb world, still, i'm not sure....
#139 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=Lucysmama}

FutureMama, you are gonna be first, I think! I feel too good today to be having a baby in the next few days! Oh, and my dh has an old, soft holey Phish shirt that I wear, too!

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I don't have this baby any time in the next few days! DH and I just don't feel quite like its time yet...we're really hoping for another week or two! We just have too many loose ends that we want to wrap up first- like going shopping for a car seat tomorrow, waiting till we get one or two more paychecks...

Hopefully your time will come soon though so that you have time to prepare for moving again...But me, I'm certainly not in a rush!
#140 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance
my friend ended up with a huge vericose vain that pulsated 24/7 down ahem there.... something to do with pressure, yikes!!!!!!

so i went to invest in some EPO today, and the lady in the HFS was pushing st. johns wort, and spouting about some new study that said it's good for getting the uterus ready for birth. anyone hear anything about this? apparently she's got a 4 1/2 month old, and started taking it in place of EPO at around 32 weeks. She said she's privy to all the latest news in the herb world, still, i'm not sure....
Everything I've read about St. John's Wort says pregnant women should avoid it because it causes uterine toning (the fear here being miscarriage). But at this stage in the game, I'm guessing uterine toning would be a good thing.

It also can raise blood pressure, though, so if this is a concern for you it's something to keep in mind. Also, don't take it if you're taking any prescription antidepressants.

Personally, I ask my midwife before I take anything.
#141 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 08:38 PM

I finally sent out my beads today!!!

I'm really feeling the need to hurry up and get things done. I don't think this baby will be early or anything, but it's definately time to stop procrastinating and be prepared! We got the supplies to do our belly cast so that's what we'll be doing with our friday night, lol! Maybe once I get this done I'll feel ready to go into labour!

Today I got to experience someone telling me how very huge I am, lol! I stopped to buy a muffin and apple juice and the lady behind the counter said 'so your having twins!'
Um, no just one baby!
Oh!
So embarrasing, lol!

trueblue - I can't believe you have to leave again! You will definately have some stories to tell you wee one someday!

I can relate to everyone about being so sensitive. And from what I remember it gets even worse in the weeks after the birth! I remember how news stories would affect me when my daughter was a tiny baby. I always will remember a photo of a police man running with an injured baby after the oklahoma bombing. The baby was not much older looking then my own little baby. I had been trying to get her to sleep in a crib at the time and I remember going to get her in the middle of the night even though she was sleeping peacefully just because I missed her and wanted her near and because I felt so sad for that little baby in the photo. This time it's been those poor russian school children. The world is so full of tragedy. I think it's important that we have these times when we can feel such powerful empathy. Maybe it will affect how we teach our children in the future? Does that make any sense at all?

Hey one of my only tee's that fit now is my gigantic grateful dead shirt with a swirly pattern of dancing bears, hee-hee! It's one of my fav's anyways!

I wish gretchen good luck and a happy birth experience!!!!

I can't believe that we haven't had any other births here yet either! I can't wait to start reading birth stories! Go october mama's, tee-hee!

Kathy

kathy::
#142 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 08:43 PM

thank you mama2liam and momadance for your stories!!!

it really is reassuring to know that was not incredibly unusual!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#143 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 09:37 PM

Flitters - Don't feel weird!!!! I also um "take care of things myself" pretty frequently, and I recently noticed that afterwards I am a little swollen, and sometimes crampy. I remember being that way in my last pregnancy after intercourse/one-on-one action. I think it is normal, and nothing you have to stop doing....plus all those orgasms are good for you in late pregnancy. (Well, that's what I tell myself, anyway...)
#144 of 189 Old 09-24-2004, 11:06 PM

Just posted some pictures DH took of DD and I today over at the yahoo group. I look like I've got a beach ball under my dress! it is so weird to see myself from that perspective.

Have a great weekend mamas, I've got my aunt visiting from out of town so I hope between she and DH I'll get lots of down time...we'll see!
#145 of 189 Old 09-25-2004, 12:07 AM

Oh how exciting! I wonder if Gretchen has already had her twins.

Still no movement on this end though. I would be very surprised though If I went into labour before mid-next week though. I'm just not feeling the labour imminent vibe yet. Hard to believe that on Sunday I'll be 39 weeks.

I know what you all mean by being extra sensitive to the goings on in the world lately. I couldn't listen to any of the news about the Russian school massacre once I heard how many children had died. I got my Economist in the mail a week ago and on the front cover was a Russian parent clutching a picture of their child. The cover so affected me that I couldn't even read the issue. I just threw it in the recylce bin as soon as I got in the apartment. Not to mention my I have desperatly been avaoiding any news re. Sudan. It is just too much to take. As for the US election... I don't know how you American ladies are getting through it. The coverage that I can stand to listen to is so filled with anger and fear (from both sides) that I am grateful I have the distance of being the citizen of another country. Although I'm not as sensitive as I was when pregnant with Alias, I found out I was pregnant with him only a couple of days after Sept 11th, and it seemed during most of my pregnancy with him was filed with anxiety and the wondering how we could be bringing a baby into such an insane world. But now I too take comfort in the sweet giggles, the full body hugs and the wonderful noises Alias makes as he is peacefully curled up in my arms asleep. Experincing the world through my 2 year old makes this planet a wonderous place, even with the few nasty people trying to muck it up for the rest of us.

And Katie, the "W" bumper sticker would've made me do a double take too.
#146 of 189 Old 09-25-2004, 12:16 AM

Just took a look at your latest pics Laurel. You 2 look very cute. Funny, my belly looks almost the exact same.
#147 of 189 Old 09-25-2004, 12:29 AM

I have an AquaDoula birth tub in my living room!!! My dh is filling it up right now! No, I'm not in labor....we are doing a practice-run. It isn't as deep as I had hoped, but I think it'll do nicely. Maybe I will have my dh take my picture in it and I will put it up on the yahoo group so any interested parties can see what it is like. Is anyone else using one?
#148 of 189 Old 09-25-2004, 01:23 AM

Just wondering if I could join the Yahoo group too.

Carrie
#149 of 189 Old 09-25-2004, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

36 weeks, 4 days

Well, add me to the crabby, moody, and miserable list. Actually, today wasn't so bad but then DH decides to go to a friend's house to watch the baseball game this evening. I just don't think he gets how exhausting it is for me to just LIVE right now...like walking around, getting up from a couch, etc. Anyways, he is supposedly taking DD out for "hours" tomorrow so I can finish my paper (note that doesn't say "take a long nap" or "sit and read a book", grumble, grumble). It hurts to walk, it hurts when baby moves, it hurts in bed....I'm just so darned miserable being pregnant. And yeah, I have two pairs of pants that still fit me and even they get restrictive after a while. I so hear you on "wrapping a sheet around me and calling it a day", lol.

I think the whole "are we crazy bringing a baby into this world" thing is really common and probably been around for centuries. I've never felt that way, personally, as I think the world is pretty much always full of awful things going on. I just feel blessed to be in a place where those things aren't directly affecting me. Still, I haven't watched the news in ages (no TV) and am a bit clueless about what is going on these days, which is probably for the better b/c in my hormonal state the US election news would probably send me into a real tizzy.

Had to giggle at all the "TMI" talk. I've been so afraid to "take care of things" because I worry that an orgasm will trigger labour, but then I think I really need to de-stress and that's the best way to do it, lol. Still, I'm making myself wait until the baby clothes are sorted and washed, lol. Flitters, I don't know if this is quite the same thing as you experienced, but the last couple times I "took care of things" I noticed I felt like a giant sponge down there. I think it's very normal b/c the baby puts pressure on the veins....actually it's almost like how a male erection works: blood rushes down there but can't get away easily.

Thanks for the encouraging words from the BTDT with 2 mamas....I'm not worried about the love and bonding part, but I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that Emily is basically going to get cold-turkey, CIO'd, weaned when I'm in hospital, and my heart is breaking b/c there is nothign I can do about it. She's not done teething, and her nose has been runny all week (she's even snoring b/c of it) and she is waking about three times a night to nurse. It's nothing like it was, but the fact is DH will just not do for her. With two weeks to go until the birth, I just can't see how we're going to prepare her for this. I've tried talking to her but she doesn't get it. It is really distressing me immensely to think she's going to be waking at night and bawling for her mama and will eventually cry herself to sleep. I never, ever wanted this for her. With all that said, her need for me at night scares me. How I wish DH could put her to sleep, and comfort her at night. She is jammed up against me all night, pushing me to the edge of the bed....what's going to happen when baby is there?? I'm thinking of getting a king size and putting it next to the queen, but frankly DD is such a bed hog with me....ugh. I'm just a bundle of worries tonight. What happens when DD is crying for me and baby is crying for me....geez, do I sound like a basketcase, or what??

Carrie, I'm not sure I added you to the list....I'm sorry. Could you PM me and remind me what your EDD is so I can add you? Welcome, btw!!

Good birthing vibes to Gretchen!!

I bought my beads! Some time in the next few days I'll get them mailed out...

Also, thanks for the gift suggestions re: cousin's generous offer. I realized that we are going to need a car seat for Sasha when he outgrows his infant seat, but DD will still be using hers at that time (as a booster, probably) so we will need another one...and I'm going to take advantage of cousin's generosity to get my dream: a Britax! The jogging stroller is a good idea, but realistically with winter on it's way I probably won't use such a thing until spring (and can you put a tiny baby in them anyways?) so we'll wait until then to decide what we need. Maybe by then DD will be amenable to walking more and the Sit n' Stand would work for us. And yes, I would LOVE to bike but I didn't think you could have a baby on a bike until they were at least a year old (even in those trailer thingys). I have sort of resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to be on a bike for a while. Mind you, have you guys seen those three-wheelers? they are basically a tricycle for adults. Now that I would feel safe riding on while wearing baby, b/c they can't tip over. Still, they aren't cheap and once baby is about a year they can sit in a regular bike seat so....

Geez, I'm rambling. My brain is fried. I'm feeling like a crampy, moody cow these days. Sometimes I wonder how my DH puts up with me. Often I wonder how I put up with him, lol. But it's all good, huh?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#150 of 189 Old 09-25-2004, 02:28 AM

I have the same issues with Liam and only wanting Momma. He will not let daddy comfort him at all! When he's super upset about anything it's always I need momma. Espically at night!! He is always snuggled up with me at night too! I keep wondering how am I going to nurse the baby with mr. snuggly (liam) needing me to get him to sleep. I have no idea what I will do if they both need me at once. I'm hoping that Daddy tkaing Liam to swimming classes adn tumbling classes will give them more bonding time. So hopefully he will be a little more comfortable with Daddy.

I'm starting not too get freaked out about the whole leaving him to go to the hospital. He just adores my sister and my B.I.L. so I know he will be fine. I just think the hard part on him will be nightime becuase nobdy else has ever put him to sleep. (which is still what is freaking me out) He wants nobody but mamma. I think he'll do okay becuase he really does adore my sister. Heck he evens plays with her nipples (over the shirt). Well not anymore. But he likes to go beep, beep and pretend to honk the boobies. So that is a good sign of comfort being that he is still a big ol boobie boy even though he's done nursing. Plus he will have his cousin to play with who is only 5 1/2 months older. Thankfully they get along well even though they are very different temperments.

Oh anyone here who is having a hospital birth planning on leaving early instead of staying the whole 48 hours? I'm really considering it.

Looking forward to reading those birth stories! Glad I found this group! You gals are so nice.

Carrie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page