Week of September 20 - the Home Stretch! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 189 Old 09-26-2004, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay our first October babies!!!!!!!!!

Okay add me to the grumpy, tired and sore crowd. I have really hardly been wlking today, a few blocks to run errands and a trip to visit my grandpa, and I feel like I've been on my feet all day. I am so tired and my hips just ache like crazy. I don't care if I never take anothe step again.

Ugh. I'm in such a crummy mood I think I'm going to end my post here. Other wise I'll just b*tch and moan forever. And I think my time would be much better spent lying down on th couch and reading a book.
#182 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 AM

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say congrats to Gretchen, I can't wait to hear what she named her babies either. Glad to hear they're doing well.

And Amie- you didn't miss an email - what I meant was, I sent out a couple invites to people who wanted to join the yahoo group and I was making sure I didn't miss anybody.
Thanks for the hugs.

Amy- I'm thinking about you and hoping your house is okay. About the discharge - maybe it's just the increased leukorreah? Maybe it congealed a bit before coming out? Okay I don't know. Hopefully it's not your plug yet...though even if it is you could still have a couple weeks left. Gosh I hope your house is okay. I keep thinking what of the pregnant ladies in your area who are due right now or who just had a baby - that must suck even more.

Hugs to all the grumpy, sore mamas! I'm pretty grumpy myself lately.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#183 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court
I keep thinking what of the pregnant ladies in your area who are due right now or who just had a baby - that must suck even more.
My midwife told me that there are healthy women in who are 36, 37 weeks pregnant in Florida being bullied into having scheduled cesareans, "just in case". : She heard about it from a FL midwife friend of hers.

Amy, keep us posted on your situation!
#184 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 12:53 AM

So excited about the Oct. babies! YEAH! Still really uncomfortable. Makes me mad! I can't believe it's almost over...makes me a little sad! I love feeling him move and wiggle and hiccup! Get some rest mamas...busy days are coming.

Happy thoughts and sweet dreams to all!
Angela

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#185 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 09:28 AM

Congrats Gretchen on having you twins! Can't wait to hear your birth story. Our first October Momma!!

Carrie
#186 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 10:56 AM

Oooh!! I can't wait to hear from Gretchen!! Though do you think she'll ever actually have time to write us a birth story? :LOL

Wow I can't believe they used the storm as an excuse for scheduled c's...that's nuts! I think that must be a rare occurrence though overall. In general, all the hospitals have said that any women over 36 weeks, history of preterm labor, or placenta previa past 27 weeks, may come with one support person to the hospital and shelter there, so that just in case they go into labor they are not isolated with no possibility of help. If I couldn't have come here, I might have considered it! During the storm, there is no way ANYONE could get to you...and heaven forbid if something went wrong, you know? Maybe I could've gotten the midwife to stay at our house. :LOL

So I'm pretty sure it was my plug (or at least part of it) yesterday...all evening I had snotty discharge unlike what I've had previously. Yikes! Today I'm going out to find a nightshirt to labor and birth in so if I decide to have my mom around I'm not as self-conscious. I need something that buttons down to nurse. I brought some baby clothes and my cloth dipes with me just in case anyway. The MW can't deliver me until at least Wed when I hit 36 weeks...so please little baby just stay put til the weekend!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#187 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 12:02 PM

I don't know if someone usually starts a new thread for the week or what, so I am just going to jump in here. Is anyone still working? I am 38w4d and still sitting at this desk...just a watched pot. It is hard to concentrate. I am a little discouraged as I had nothing all weekend...no contrax, bh's, nada. Sigh. Just me and my heartburn. I am trying not to be miserable to my co workers, but I think some of them wish I would just go home. I think I spend more time cruising mamma boards than doing work. All so that I can have more time with my baby after s/he comes. Anyone in the same boat?
Hope all you southern mammas are okay this morning. Still waiting to hear of an aunt of mine who lives in Port St. Lucie. New moon wishes to everyone!
#188 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 12:08 PM

OMG...tomorrow night is the full moon? Or tonight? Now THAT could be bad!

Thia, welcome btw. Did you say your DH is considering joining the military? My DH is in the Coast Guard. I don't know what branch your DH is considering joining, but if you have any questions feel free to pm me. Oh and yes Piglet usually starts up a new thread sometime today, but having just moved things have been especially hectic for her!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#189 of 189 Old 09-27-2004, 12:09 PM

Yall posted while I was starting one! Not sure what time it is in CAN for Pig, so I did it!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=199100

Amy Good to hear from ya! Thia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page