October Babies!! Our Birth Stories and Announcements - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 156 Old 10-30-2004, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, yep, shouldn't have read that yet LOL. I'll block it out later!!! Amie, I'm so sorry it was so traumatic at the end and I am SO GLAD you are both safe & sound!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 156 Old 10-30-2004, 10:58 PM

Aime - that sounds just wild, crazy wild I mean. I'm so glad everything turned out fine but I don't envy you or your DH in those moments leading up to and just following Oakley's birth. BTW, how did Ember react when you came home? Was she upset that you left her at SIL's?
#123 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh Amie....so glad everything was ok at the end....will try not to think of it while giving birth though...

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#124 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 03:49 AM

Holy cow Amie! I'm glad I had my baby before I read that. So thankful everything turned out alright in the end. Still can't believe you had pain-free cntrx, lucky lady
Congratulations to you and your family!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#125 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 04:00 AM

Wow Amie! Amazing story. It brought back so many memories of Alias' birth. His birth (also a vacuum) was pretty traumatic, bloody and wound up with him being born blue and not breathing at first too. I know what you mean when you say a sureal experience. I am so happy that you and Oakley ended up healthy and that your whole family are together.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And way to go!!!
#126 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

nak...amazing amie! thanks so much for sharing with us. you did awesome!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#127 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 10:20 AM

Wow Amie! You are so strong! And welcome Oakley... :
#128 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 10:31 AM

My little girl Tara Grace arrived Friday at 8:55pm. She is 7lbs 5ozs and 21 inches long. We are at home and adjusting pretty good.

I'll post more later!

Carrie
#129 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 01:43 PM

: Tara!!!

Congratulations Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to read the birth story!
#130 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 02:26 PM

Wow, it's been amazing reading everyone's birth stories! I've kept up with reading them, but haven't replied to any lately so . . .

momadance - loved your birth story! I think it is so cool that you got to use your hot tub!

Kimberly - Thanks for sharing your story! I liked how you went to sleep for a half an hour and woke up to serious contrax after getting that little rest!

Amelia - Isn't it great how uninhibited a mama can get when she's birthing! I'm normally pretty shy and inhibited too, but I found myself smiling and nodding in agreement because I could relate to your story!

Amie - Yikes! That must have been pretty traumatic! I'm so glad that you and Oakley are okay. Your midwife sounds wonderful. It's too bad that you had such a nasty nurse. Sounds like she needs a lesson in bed side manners!

Yay! Congratulations Carrie and welcome Tara!!!!!!!!!

kathy::
#131 of 156 Old 10-31-2004, 03:52 PM

Yay Carrie!! Welcome Tara Grace!!
#132 of 156 Old 11-03-2004, 10:56 AM

I had some spotting since Tuesday that continued through Wednesday. When I woke up on Thursday at around 7 am, I was having mild contractions about 15 mins apart. I was getting excited so I got up and made everyone some oatmeal for breakfast. I didn't want to tell anyone just in case these faded so I went merrily around the house getting things ready for my mw appt at 9:30.

The whole family came to the appt although my dh waited in the car. I went in and told them I was having consistent contractions about every 15 mins. The mw checked me and I was only about 1.5 cm dilated. She asked me if I wanted my membranes stripped at that point, but I figured with the contractions being so regular, why bother. She said that she would send paperwork over to the hospital just in case tonight was the night. Let me just say, I knew it was!

By the time we got home and I explained everything to my dh and the kids, my contrax were up to about 3-5 mins apart but they seemed short in duration so I started to work on dd Halloween costume. I had to stop because I just couldn't concentrate and At this point my dd got real nervous and kept looking at me strangely. She was at my ds birth when she was 3 and was still afraid of all the screaming I did. I told her that I would wait until I got to the hospital before I started to scream this time! She said Good!
We had some lunch and then went to the library. The kids were signed up for a program and it was only about an hour long. I just didn't want to go to the hospital and labor there all day. I felt that she wasn't going to come untill the evening at least. So I sat in the car and listened to music enjoying the beautiful fall day. Then we went home and tried to decide when to go to the hospital. Contrax were strong and consistently 3 mins apart. We had people come and pick up dd, ds and dh went to grab McD's for supper and my friends hung out with me. I called the docs and they said to get on over to the hospital. (We are only a few mins away).
So we headed on over and I was checked in and in my room by 6:30. I met a midwife I had never seen before, but she had a great energy and I wasn't worried. They checked me and I was 5 cm, so they monitored my contrax and the baby's hb and everything was fine and strong. My ds went off with our friend to explore the hospital, this labor was just too boring for him.
Contrax started to get real strong so I started " slow dancing" with my dh for a few contrax. Then, all I wanted to do was bear down! So they had me side lie on the bed to check and she said that I had jumped up to 8 but my bag of waters was still there. Then as she pulled her hand out, out gushed all the water and the pain level jumped! I jumped up to my hands and knees and started to yell. I didn't have this sort of pain with my other births and it was very hard for me to hold on through the contrax. In between I had to keep telling my self that I could do it.This time they checked and I was fully dilated and I began to push. I pushed about 5 times and I could feel her head crowning but it wouldn't budge. The last time I just gave it my all and out popped her head. Then I had to wait because they needed to clean out the meconium and she ended up just falling out the rest of the way.
I laid down and my mw let me know that I was very badly torn. All the way to the rectum. They tried to fix it in the birthing room, but the tear went up so far that they couldn't see it. So I had to go to the operating room and get a spinal to they could finish. I was so bummed. But Fiona was doing wonderful and was hanging out with her father.
( I had recontructive surgery after my ds was born to repair my rectum and perineum. The docs said I should have a c/s, but couldn't say definitely if I would tear. All the mws were very supportive about having a vaginal and said they would do all they could. I figured that if there was a chance that I wouldn't tear, I should take it. I did, and now I am paying for it!!! Ouchy!!).
The surgery only took an hour, and I just couldn't stop shaking. I got back to the room and held Fiona for the first time. Then she latched on like a pro. I had to stay in the hospital until Saturday and could barely walk. I wasn't in a lot of pain, but everything was so achy, I felt like I had been hit by a truck.
It had been 6 days since the birth and my bottom is still very sore. But my dh has been home and taking care of absolutely everything. He has been my shining star with all of the support and care he has given me this past week. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't around. Besides, there is a beautiful little bundle of love that has entered our lives and I would have done anything to bring her here. I am so grateful for her.

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#133 of 156 Old 11-03-2004, 11:25 AM

beautiful birth story.......thank you so much for sharing...so sorry for your terrible tear...hope you recover quickly.......

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#134 of 156 Old 11-03-2004, 02:20 PM

sunshinegal - what a wonderful birthstory! i'm sorry to hear about the tearing though. I had a third degree tear with my first and can sympathize. I remember feeling soooo swollen for a few days after and sore for quite awhile after that and that is without it extending right into the rectum - OUCHY! I hope you heal very quickly! Glad you are enjoyong your new sweetie!

kathy::
#135 of 156 Old 11-03-2004, 11:44 PM

Sunshinegal- Thanks for sharing your story...I am sorry about the tear and surgery, that doesn't sound like fun at all...well worth it though of course
#136 of 156 Old 11-04-2004, 12:38 PM

It's kinda odd but here we go: I went in for my weekly appt. with my OB and he said since I was just a bit overdue he wanted to do an NST just to check on things. So we did that and the first strip was fine and he was all set to have m go home well as the nurse was showing him the strip thye were still monitoring me and her heartrate dropped twice I forgot exactly what he said but he was very concerned about it and sent me over to the hospital. I wasn't told the full details until I got there. I thought there were just going to monitor me for a longer period of time. So I asked the nurse what we were planning on doing and she replied they didn't tell you. Obviously not! Well we have to induce you. So I had them call my doc becuase I was strongly opposed to this. I didn't want a pitocin induced labor. Unfourtanetly he didn't feel the other natural methods would work as quickly as he felt needed for the safety of Tara. So I called DH and he made teh calls to everyone else to get our plans in motion. So around 3:00 pm they started the pit and I had a great nurse up until 7:00. My sister, DH and our boys were there and then everyone except DH left around 5:00 and my doula showed up with and OB resident who wanted to watch a doula "in action". The resident had just done a lengethy research paper on Doula's and really wanted the opportunity to see her material in person. What a sweetheart the resident was. So around 7:00 contractions started to fell like they were working and actualy make me want to start working through them. We got on the birth ball and rocked for awhile and then the dreaded shift change. Ughh the 2nd nurse was not good at all. I was so close to firing her multiple times but I was so close to delivery that we didn't have the time to fight and get a new nurse. I was in the shower which was nice for a bit until the hot water wouldn't get hot enough. That part sucked becuase the water is fantastic. Go figure the water was a lot hotter and better in my post partum room. : Around 7:30-8:00 the contractions were just coming too close too intense and I knew that this wasn't right and the pit had to be truned down. My doctors orders were even just to let me get into my own nautral labor and turn it off. By this time I was begging her to turn it down. She replies he can't until she feels how strong the are WTF??!! I asked her relly snotty what the heck does that do they are strong I have a very good pain threshold I know what labor feels like and this isn't right!! She insisted she couldn't turn it dwon until she put her hand on my stomach to feel my contractions so I just said fine and then a contraction came and she said that they were doing what they were suppsoed to do. DUH!! But not like this so finally DH yelled at he to get our doc on the phone and gee after about a second she turns down the pit and a few minutes later it's off!!! Well by then I was at 6 and having a really hard time stying on top of these cntrx. They were brutal. If she would of done things right I don't think they would of been so bad. Then the nurse ha the gal to ask me to lay down in bed to she can check me. I told her no you can check me standing up. Thankfully the nurse who I had with Liam did that I remembered that. So she checked me and I was at 6. Then the cntrx were not letting up at all and I was just miserable that I finally caved in and asked for a bit of relief. They were about a minute apart and really intense. So I had no recoup time to regian my control and focus. My doula was awesoem during this and my DH. The resident was even pitching in rubbbing my back. I had the best support team! Finally i got a tiny dose of stadol becuase I was just couldn't hack it anymore I was just so worn out. This helpoed me relax so I could regain my focus. Then what felt like a mintue later I had to push. I told my doula I fell like have to push then I was checked and had a bit of a rim left. My doula said to me don't say you have ot push until you do. I knew if i felt the brunign feeling it was really time but oddly enough I didn't I just had to push and really bad. So I just pushed and she was crowning (all ths time I had been slow dancing w/ DH). My doula told the nurse to get over her and we freaked her out becuase she was unprepared and my doc hadn't even showed up. She quickly had us move to the bed and she paged the residents on call to get in here quickly. Well I was on my hands and knees in the bed pushing her out and needless to say the resdinets were cluelss on how to deliver like this since 'natural' childbirth is so uncommon. Thankfully my Doula was right there telling them how to hold the baby and turn it this way not that way to get it out. One of the resdients did something and it hurt like heck! Thank goodness for my doula she was jsut so awesome. Then a couple good pushes and Tara came out. My wonderful DH yelled at everyone "do not anounce the sex of the baby I will do it" becuase I've been teasing him for 2 years now that the doc who delilvered Liam had to tell me the sex becuase he was so in awe/shock we had a boy. So Dh came over and told me we have a Tara Grace and I truned around and saw her and she was beautiful. So That is my long full detailed version.
#137 of 156 Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM

Congratulations Momma2LiamandTara & sunshinegal!!

I am just loving reading the birth stories. They are so beautiful and inspiring. Thank you so much everyone for sharing so far.
#138 of 156 Old 11-04-2004, 10:12 PM

Congrats MommatoLiamandTara! I love that your Dh yelled at them not to announce the sex
#139 of 156 Old 11-05-2004, 12:46 PM

Congatulations Mama2LiamandTara-- Man what a birth!! How lucky you were to have such an awesome support team. Sorry to hear about your crappy nurse. I ran into some of those too.

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#140 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 07:01 AM

So this is the story I never thought I would write...
I was almost 42 weeks and after unbearable waiting on November 4th FINALLY my contractions started at 10 pm…at 11 we called our mw, who is japanese and told her that contractions were still 15 min apart…she insisted on coming, we said fine. So she came and checked me (it was very painful because she wouldn’t wait until my contraction was gone) and told me I am 5cm dilated….i was so happy.. so she said baby will be born at around noon next day so we should all get some sleep. She was very positive about that. I couldn’t sleep. There was so much pain! Dh rubbed my back the whole night and also didn’t sleep at all. Several times I got into the tub, but it didn’t help….it relaxed me a little bit but didn’t decrease the pain. In the morning I started to throw up. Maybe 5 times and after that I was throwing up everything I ate that day. Couldn’t keep anything in my mouth. ….by noon my mw insisted on checking me because the contractions were really painful but didn’t seem to progress anywhere…still 10-20 min apart. So she checked me (again during the contraction and lying on my back felt unbearable) and said I am 8 cm dilated but baby even didn’t engage yet. She started to worry from there. She would check her watch with every contraction and look at me waiting for the next one. I could sense her worry (it was so obvious) and it didn’t help me to progress anywhere. I started to worry too, especially that pain was increasing to unbearable levels and I had no urge to push …contractions still kept very irregular….dh kept rubbing my back though them…I started feeling miserable. At around 7pm mw insisted to check again…this time it was long, painful check and finally said that baby’s head has turned to the side….so he can’t engage and get going…she said we should go to the hospital. I looked at dh…he said it’s up to me, but we both knew how much we wanted to avoid hospital birth ….so trying to collect my last traces of strength I said we would wait. Mw tried to turn baby’s head (so painful!!!!!) then tried to turn his body…those check ups were making me even more exhausted. Unbearably painful contractions, not being able to eat anything….and night without sleep started to make it clear that I couldn’t do any longer. Around 11 pm mw finally insisted we go to the hospital. I was at the edge of fainting...
Mw started calling the hospitals and no hospital would accept us without me being checked there before. So her after calling four-five hospitals I started feeling despair …not knowing Japanese well made it even harder to understand what mw was trying to explain, I heard dh crying and felt him holding me but was half conscious, and woke up with every contraction. By some miracle at last mw found one hospital that would accept me but said it was very far away. We didn’t have any choice. I couldn’t imagine myself riding in the car for an hour but what could I do? Suddenly I started feeling slight urge to push. I told that to mw but she said no time…the ambulance will be here. She ordered me to dress up. I looked at dh, he said do what you feel like doing. It gave me strength and completely ignoring mw I started pushing on my four. It felt powerful and I felt I could get this baby out by myself. Dh rubbed my back and kept on ignoring mw as well….After several pushes I told him I want to enter the bath tub. Mw stopped me almost by force. She told me no matter what I do BABY IS NOT GOING TO COME OUT, HE IS STUCK!!! Being very weak I finally felt tired of resisting and dh started helping me get dressed. Mw hurried us up saying the ambulance will be here any moment….I couldn’t hurry…and I didn’t want to, I was imagining very clearly to where we were going: me being separated from dh, c-section, baby taken away etc etc….I felt we were going to hell…..
Ambulance came and they carried me inside the car and suddenly I started feeling secure. It was nice being carried not having to walk through contractions….dh sat behind me, I couldn’t see him but knew he was there….but being very tired I fell asleep and woke up only two times with contractions throughout the way. When we came to the hospital they carried me to X-ray…I whispered something about “danger to the baby” but nurse told me that it wouldn’t cause any damage now…and frankly I didn’t care much at the moment. In the X-ray room everybody waited for my contractions to stop to move me, everyone would rub my back through them….everyone was smiling, caring….great contrast to the mw at home. My security feeling was increasing.
Finally they brought me to the delivery room and doctor has told me that my pelvis was wide enough to let the baby pass through, but baby is not engaged and maybe turned to the side. So the baby MAYBE can’t get out. He said he will break my water now and give me two hours, if baby is not born he will do a c-section. I begged him not to do this. I explained to him that being terribly tired of pain and not eaten or slept will give me no force to push the baby out in two hours. Maybe I can do this if he gives me epidural to reduce the pain so that I can concentrate on pushing. He said that in Japan epidural means c-section, there is no way he can give it to me now. Then I asked him to wait till I get rested. I begged him to wait…..he accepted and said he will wait only for a little bit. And then something very strange happened…
It was around midnight when they let me rest. Dh was all the time with me, rubbing my back, holding me….mw left us alone after she could sense we couldn’t stand her presence. Contractions were terribly painful….Every now and then we would call nurse to ask her when the doctor wants to break my waters?? She would come and rub my back and ask me if I could hold on a little bit more….that gave me much hope and strength and I held on….at around 6 in the morning I started yelling that I can’t do it any longer!!! She came and brought small baby with her ….he was like an angel…she held me the baby and I smiled…exhausted and with no food or sleep for two days …but looking at that baby made me realize that my baby worth it too….she asked if I could hold on a little bit more…and I said I could….
After around two hours same wonderful nurse came in and said she wants to check me…..after checking me she smiled and said that baby was coming down… I almost cried…..All of a sudden I felt sudden strength to go on…here the doctor came in, checked me and broke my waters….
Instead of making the contractions strong this made them weak ….they became more bearable and I started feeling much better….sharp pain went away and I started to feel urge to push….so I started pushing…on my four, my back, side …as freely as I wanted to, dh holding me and nurse came in to rub my back several times….at around 9 she checked me again and said baby has come down even more…she said we should prepare for delivery and helped me to the delivery room…I felt so happy…I felt the whole world was mine…they let dh with me and prepared themselves…
Contractions became weaker and weaker…one hour later another doctor started talking about pitocin….but I begged her again not to use it, I explained to her that it can make my baby’s heart weaker and I won’t have enough time….she accepted…
Until 1 pm every one was waiting for my body and my baby…dh sat in front of me on the bed and helped me to push...almost without contractions, which disappeared by that time, I was pushing the baby out….nurses would rub my back….talk to me…bring me water…but no one would tell me what to do….
at 1 pm our son was born ....his head to the side, hand over his head and cord over his neck...no wonder he wouldn't come out easily... i tore very very badly because i asked them not to do episiotomy....

I will never forget the moment Ousama was born…..I felt so peaceful and complete….and now looking back at the whole story I know I could never do all that alone…. three of us did it, everyone doing his part, from the very beginning……

#141 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 09:17 AM

Wow, that is some story!!! I am so glad it worked out for you in the end.

She sounds like a terrible midwife....I hope there are other midwife options for you if you are still living in Japan and if you want to have a second.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#142 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 12:32 PM

moved

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#143 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 02:29 PM

Wow what an amazing story. You are one strong woman!
#144 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 03:20 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your expereince... you are a champ Ekatherina! Do you think your positive expereince in a Japanese hospital was the norm or did you luck out?
#145 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 03:41 PM

Ekatherina..what story!!! You are amazing!!! Sadly your midwife sounded similar to what mine was like with my first..hugs!!! Your nurse sounded wonderful!
#146 of 156 Old 11-15-2004, 03:51 PM

Wow that was quite the experience for you! I am glad that it took a turn for the better and that in the end you still had the natural birth you wanted, WTG!
#147 of 156 Old 11-16-2004, 02:31 AM

thank you everyone for the beautiful comments on my story...
Jillerina, I think that was just luck because Japanese hospitals are very tough with their routines as we know....this hospital just happened to be small one...mayybe that was the reason....but anyway my doctor later came into my room and told me that it was the first time in her carrier she ever sees someone delivers on four... but she didn't insist on otherwise during delivery...

#148 of 156 Old 11-16-2004, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What a wild 4 hours! I can't quite believe it was all so short considering he was 11 days late but I guess when it was time he thought why wait!

On Nov 10th I was 10 days late and my m/w ordered an u/s to check the amniotic fluid and placenta condition. Since this was not common for my pregnancies (I was a day early with them)she wanted to be safe. My fluid ranked a 7 out of 10 which while not unsafe was a little close for her comfort since she liked to see an 8. Everything else was normal but we both knew I couldn't deliver at the birth ctr after 14 days post due so we decided to do some more natural inducers...sex didn't work, 2 hrs of nipple stim didn't work so she stripped my membranes which also did nothing. One last effort of castor oil (yuck) was taken at 5pm on Nov 10. At 7pm I started some really minor contrax and lost my mucas plug. By 8pm they were regular but moderate and 4-5 min apart. At 9pm the m/w called and they were still 3-4 min apart and getting strong but only about 30 sec long. She said they need to be a minute long before I should come in.
I was alone during this time since DH took the kids to bed and tried to relax and watch some TV and read a little. I still really wasn't positive this "was it" I sat on the birth ball and tried to think "wider" LOL
By 10pm I knew this "was it" and they were strong and 2 min apart. I got Dh up and I called the m/w at 10:30pm to ask if I could get in the tub at home and she said "no" she was afraid that may stall them out or I may not want to get out! She said not to be alarmed that they were so close together, that was a sign of the castor oil and not necessarily that I was close to delivery. I really should have just said I was coming in then to labor there but since she said to wait and I wasn't all the way thinking things thru I said fine. I called my doula and she came about 40 min later at around 11:15pm. It was so foggy out and she apologized for taking so long. She took one look at me and said she was calling my m/w and she told her I was ready! The m/w said she'd meet us at 12:30am (another hour!), that she was going to take a shower first. Now in my head I knew this was too long to wait but for some reason I didn't vocalize it-I was just too focused on the contrax.
My doula said to get in the shower until it was time to go and that would help. I was in there for 2 contrax and said "NO-it's time to go NOW!" The doula should have called the m/w right then I suppose to warn her but she thought she'dbe there early anyway to warm the rm and get things ready.
We left at 11:55pm for just a 15 min drive to the birth ctr. After just 5 min I had that first primal grunt that I knew all too well from before. I started saying "oh no" over and over and apparently I said "oh sh-t" once which I don't remember The doula was saying to pant thru them and I would pant 2x and then grunt. DH started to run red lights and we pulled up at 12:11am. No m/w-the lights were still off! I said "Get my pants off!" WHich they did only to my ankles-duh-and I yelled to get them off my ankles-makes it a little easier to spread your legs that way ya know...
Anyway...he was decending as they pulled off the pants and without hardly pushing out came the head and DH got to catch it. The m/w pulled up and ran over then and saw he was still in the sac and broke that. And one more push and out he came. All in 3-4 minutes time.
Unfortunately it was only 42 degrees out so they were piling coats on both of us and trying to get the cord cut just so they could get him inside to get warm-but I still got to hold him for those rushed few minutes and hear his first grunts
I got to walk in naked from the waist down with a coat wrapped around me and the cord hanging down :LOL how about that for a strange scene...Only had one small tear that didn't need stitches.
The m/w kept apologizing for taking a shower and we all had a good laugh. We were home in bed less than 4 hrs later and Dh finally admited we should/could have done this at home
All in all, I wouldn't trade this birth for anything-it was so much better than my first 2 since it was on my own terms-nobody telling what to do (except for not getting in the tub) and not even thinking of taking any drugs or interventions for the pain-it was very validating and makes me proud that I did this on my own like I knew I could.
So there it is! Our wild ride!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#149 of 156 Old 11-16-2004, 11:23 PM

Wow Ann!!! What a story you will have to tell Colbey someday! Glad everything went so smoothly for you.
#150 of 156 Old 11-17-2004, 09:52 AM

Ann, thanx for sharing ur story...it is amazing!!!...there is one thing reminded me of mine ...ur midwife not letting u get into the tub when u thought u should....couldn't we do it better unassisted??

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page