Week of September 27-who's next? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 206 Old 09-28-2004, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck Nikole!!! Sounds like you are very ready to go!

I too had hopes for the full moon, plus there is a low pressure front that moved in this evening, and maybe storms tonight. I was having a lot of contractions, but then my dd got sick (she just has a fever, crabbiness, aches) and something weird happened.....all my pregnancy discomforts and contractions totally vanished while I dealt with her, soothing her, holding her, putting her to sleep, etc. Or else I just didn't notice them! Hmmmmm.....my FIL suggested jokingly today that I go out and do a little moon-dancing to try to inspire labor. Sounds nice, though we live in an apartment now. Wonder what the neighbors would think of this huge woman dancing around their cars in the communal parking lot....?
#62 of 206 Old 09-28-2004, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
Hmmmmm.....my FIL suggested jokingly today that I go out and do a little moon-dancing to try to inspire labor. Sounds nice, though we live in an apartment now. Wonder what the neighbors would think of this huge woman dancing around their cars in the communal parking lot....?
Love the image!
#63 of 206 Old 09-28-2004, 10:12 PM

Lucysmama, something similar happened to me! i had a few big contractions at regular intervals, it was like deep, heavy, rolling menstrual cramps plus having to pee like crazy, also had some thickish pink discharge, the contractions felt powerful then i panicked at how much i need to do around the house tonight and it felt like my insides balled up in a bad way, no more contractions, discomfort or discharge. weird! now i'm thinking how great the big ol' full moon is and how i will work with it, not against it. moon dancing is a good idea

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#64 of 206 Old 09-28-2004, 11:32 PM

hello....i'm still here...i've just been lurking, reading everyone's posts...i feel like i don't have much to offer as i don't really have a reason to look for labor signs, if a contract at all or my water breaks i'll do the c/s then...postion of baby doesn't really matter in my situation...i have never gone into labor and don't antisipate it this time...it's hard to know how to participate, so i'll just sit and watch all you guys births unfold...i wish you all the best in each of your labors and births! i'll let you know when the bean arrives.
#65 of 206 Old 09-28-2004, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Well, don't : Carrie! Pig is having a c/s and of course Gretchen and I *thought* someone was having an induction! You can still tell us what's on your mind as the baby's birth, however, it happens, draws near!

Ok...to my birth book and the stuff I need to have in the car since I guess I'll be handling my "responsibilities" until birth I supposed.
#66 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 12:01 AM

I added 2 more belly pics to my folder on our yahoo group... I'm feeling love and attachment to it today! I told Dh I'm not ready for it to go yet All that will change in a couple days though. Although this "second wind" feeling of energy is nice!
#67 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 01:21 AM

Sure, 3boyz....there is more to talk about than impending labour (although I am loving reading about everybody's progress!).

I spent a rare day at home today, though I did take DD out for a walk to run some errands. It was SUCH an amazingly beautiful day here today. Not a cloud in the sky, air cool but not at all chilly, the leaves were raining down on us as we walked...Sigh It's SO good to be back home!!

DH did some trimming on my diaper changing station (it was too high) and so I was able to set it all up just how I like it. Baby clothes are all washed and hanging on the laundry rack to dry. Hopefully they'll be dry tomorrow so I can put them away. Only a few little nagging things left to do before I feel "set". And...I hired a cleaning lady!! She's coming on Thursday. I'm embarrassed at how gross my floors are, but hey, I am quite pregnant and she has a son in school so she knows the deal!

Dad and stepmum asked if I needed anything for the baby. I told them today I want a diaper bag. I had a Kenneth Cole Reaction one, backback style, but it's starting to get old. Plus, I don't want a backpack style this time. I got it b/c I was slinging DD everywhere, but now with two kids I'll always have a stroller (slinging baby of course) so I can get a funky tote bag or something. I've fallen in love with the ones from I'm Still Me (www.imstillme.com) but they are pretty pricey and I can't even pick a pattern, lol. Does anybody know of any similar type bags that are not so expensive?

Going to get my Britax tomorrow. A dream finally fulfilled. I'm going to give Mum DD's Cosco one for her car (she feels elevated to true grandmother status now, lol) and DD can use the Britax until Sasha outgrows our Peg Perego infant seat.

Only big thing left on my list is getting a king size bed. Right now we have a queen, with the mattress and boxspring side-by-side on the floor. But the boxspring has a wood frame and so where they join is really hard and uncomfortable. What was supposed to be a "bed for Four" has turned into DH having the whole boxspring to himself, and DD squishing me against the hard wooden edge. There's no room for baby unless somebody gets stuck sleeping on the joint. Plus, it's not easy getting up off a single mattress on the floor while pregnant. After a cesarian it's going to be darn near impossible. Sooooo, I decided to get us a king, and put the queen next to it (mattresses on boxsprings) so at least we're a bit higher up, and I'll have a king to share with DD and baby, AND hopefully the crack will be comfy enough that it won't matter if DD ends up across it. We're lucky that our room is rather rectangular and so we can fit these two beds in. The only thing I'm wondering about is that baby will be on the outside edge. Now DD never moved from me as a newborn so we never had a bedrail (we had a futon back then on a platform frame). Hopefully Sasha will be the same way. Then I thought of getting the snug tuck pillow, but....then how do I get out of bed?? The whole logistics of this is making my head spin.

One thing I'm finding: I'm really eager to get into a daily routine with Emily, but I can't do much right now b/c of my extremely limited mobility. When the fall sessions start at the local community centre we're going to enroll in some fun classes together. I would like to settle into a routine with her b/c I find it helps her and it helps me....when I was SAHM with her before, as she got older, it was not uncommon for me to be in PJ's all day and I actually got mildly depressed. I'm so looking forward to strapping baby in the sling and taking off for walks around the seawall, etc...can't wait to have my mobility back!!!

So...there's the report for today. I'm so excited about our pending births....can't wait to start reading birth stories!!

oh, PS - got lovely beads today from kraftykathy and gottaknit. and I mailed mine out today!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#68 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 02:21 AM

hi mamas!

i don't even know where to begin the thread has been so busy this week!

i love reading about everyone's progress - it's so exciting!

and 3boyz, it's also just really nice to hear how everyone is doing, mentally and physically, regardless of how their babies will make their entrance!

i only have 3 days of work left. i'm really happy to be almost done but meanwhile i think i'm overworking a bit, but nothing too bad.

piglet reminded me of a diaper bag question. do i really need a bag specifically made for diaper carrying? i had just figured on using a backpack (i'm generally not a fan of shoulder bags) and putting all the essentials in there... bringing a couple ziplock containers i can reuse for wet ones, etc. are the backpacks that are especially made for diaper carrying that much better?

is anyone else, especially first time moms, amazed by how many pokey hard parts their baby has? i'm pretty sure my babe has stayed head down for the last 2 weeks now (thank goodness!) and i think it's actually pretty low as well. that means that all these hard bits are legs and butt and stuff. i'm surprised by just how hard they are. it feels like i have bones in my belly just under the skin - very weird!

i'm also getting a bunch of braxton hicks contractions. mine don't hurt, but sometimes do stop me from what i'm doing. dh is sweet, i think they worry him a bit. i don't think i'll go before i'm full term - just another week and a half, but i also suspect i might not go to 40 weeks either (my family tends to go a bit early and i'm active which also tends towards birthing a bit before 40 weeks). we'll see, maybe i'll still be waiting in november!

i hope everyone isn't too uncomfortable and finds good energy to get what they want to get done in these last few weeks (or days)!

big hugs.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#69 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 10:12 AM

Good morning!! Hope everyone is well today and we get to hear another birth story.

Nancy, I had that funny vibrating thing with DS, and I've read about other mamas feeling it too. No explanations to be found though....maybe baby is raving in there or something?

Flitters, I use a regular backpack now with DS, and I've had diaper backpacks. There are some nice things with diaper ones, like compartments to keep things cold and sometimes more dividers for things, but a regular backpack would work just fine too.

Piglet, DH got me an I'm Still Me bag for my birthday. It just shipped, but I am sooo excited about it. I got the dragonfly print with a zipper top and the on the go bag. I've always had just a plain black backpack so I'm pretty excited for some style! I wish I knew of other bags....I know I saw others but I liked the pockets she puts inside these (so maybe I can at least attempt to be organized).

Carrie, of course we still want to hear about your preparations and such....it's not all about labor signs!! Do you have a date for your cbirth yet? I don't remember.

Thanks everyone for the shared excitement over my home being fine. It really is such a relief!! The power company says power will be back on by Oct 12...

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#70 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 10:17 AM

Had a midwife appt yesterday and not too much to report. Babe is still heads down but facing my right side so my mw wants me to up my pelvic rocks to get this kidlet to turn and face my back a bit. I have my home appt next week. I'll be 37 weeks. And I'm pretty confident that nothing will be happening here labor wise until way after then, though it was exciting to hear that I was safe to go into labor at anytime.

I did some maternity clothes purging yesterday myself and kept out only the things I wear regularly. The rest is just taking up space. And I washed all the itty bitty baby clothes and blankets and put them in my dresser drawers. And today I'm going shopping for the last few things on my homebirth supply list. And then I'll be ready to wait...and wait...and wait!

Pig, about the diaper bags. I love the ones from I'm Still me, but you can find similar ones by Sally Spicer. They retail for the same price but I see them on Ebay often for much less. just an idea. I'd love to get one myself, but I think I'm going to splurge on a Hug a Bub wrap instead.

ok, there was more that I wanted to comment on, but my preggo brain forgot.
#71 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM

Wow, I can't believe how close we are! I want to read some birth stories before the end of the week!!

Amie, thanks soooo much for posting your birth story. I loved reading it. It really helped me a lot. I love the comparasion with muscles contracting in your arm and that doesn't hurt. I think my plan for this labor is to just let my body do what it does and not worry about timing contractions or focusing on doing breathing exercises. After all, woman have been giving birth for thousands of years without knowing elaborate breathing exercises and timing contractions and all that junk. I am just going to let my body do what it does.

I have run the gamut with diaper bags. I have used ones specifically made for babies, big ones, small ones, I have used my old backpack from college and now I am using a bag which goes over your shoulder and has lots of pockets and compartments. It is made more for a student than a mom, but it works great. I think the best thing is to have lots of compartments so you have a place to put your wallet, keys, cell phone, toys, snacks, drinks, diapers, spare clothes and have it all be separarated so it is easy to find. There is nothing worse than trying to pay for something at the store and having to take everything out of your bag to find your wallet. I have had to do that soo many times. I also just keep one bag packed and always keep it stocked with toys, diapers, a wet bag, snacks (usually raisins or cheerios, something no perishable) and sippy cups (the only thing is I need to remember to clean out the sippy cups and refill them with fresh water each day. Of course for those having your first you won't need to have toys and snacks and drinks for quite some time. So, when I need to leave I just grab it and go. When I get home from someplace, I put the dirty diapers in the diaper pail and put clean diapers in the bag so it is ready for the next outing.

I have a question on washing clothes and diapers. Do you really wash them again, if they were clean the last time you put they away. It just seems silly to me to wash the clothes again, when they were washed before they were put away. Same thing with diapers. Obviously I wash any new diapers I get, but the used ones, which were already washed, why do you wash them again?? Is it just to get dust and stuff off of it. They really don't seem dusty or anything like that.

Amy, I am so glad your house is okay and the hurricane didn't do much damage. When does hurrican season end in Florida. Seems it must be almost over by now??

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#72 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 10:57 AM

thanks, mamas! i was not in the best of moods yesterday when i wrote my previous post....so, forgive my pitty party.

i too had a checkup yesterday...everything looked good...had ketones in the pee, but that's just cuz i don't drink all night long and it's hard to get enough in before a 9:00 appt...my c-birth is all set up for the 22nd.

other than the stupid carpal tunnel, i feel basically fine...the aches, pains, and immobility i just take with a grain of salt as i know that is all part of it.

i haven't even found the tub with the baby clothes in it yet... i really need to do that...and get the boys' room cleaned out and ready to move into the our room and get our room ready to move downstairs...just don't that nesting urge yet... but i'm not too worried about it i guess, what gets done, gets done...what doesn't will get done when it gets done!

as far as how i feel about having #4...i guess im' not too worried about it...when Noah (#3) was born and came home, it was as if he'd always been around...so i'm not too concerned about bringing this babe home. just excited to!!

well, my hand is about to fall off from typing so i'll be done for now...sorry again about the pity party...please don't think that i'm upset about my c-birth...it's not that at all...i was just feeling a tad outta place at the time...talk with you all later!

Carrie
#73 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 11:11 AM

Oh and Katie, I wanted to ask you how you manage to swim with a toddler??? Our apt. has an indoor heated pool we can use, but the shallowest part is about 3-feet and I would need to hold DD and watch her very closely. I dont' see how I could manage to swim myself, although I would LOVE to. Swimming sounds so relaxing and nice now.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#74 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 11:17 AM

Amelia -- I swim with DS all the time, though I have been teaching him to swim for months now. He has one of those float vests that you take floatation layers out of as they get better at it. So DS swims around himself while I can do my thing (staying nearby of course!).

Hurricane season is only a little more than halfway over...it runs from June 1 - Dec 1.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#75 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 11:24 AM

Thanks gals (Mirthfulmum, Amelia, Court). I am so glad that you liked reading my birthstory (I know we are all just itching to read a fresh one, :LOL). I truly hope it will help someone.

3boyz4us- Sorry you were feeling down, it's definately nice to hear from all perspectives! It's exciting that you have a birthdate already for your little one

OK, I have a new worry...as you know my plan was for Ember to be at the birth, but then she said she didn't want to come and now she says maybe so I kinda plan on just playing it by ear when the time comes, but they way she's being so sensitive lately I don't know anymore. Everytime I leave her with her daddy lately she cries and she is super clingy, always wanting to be touching me, so I worry that in labor I might have her stuck to my arm or on top of me (maybe she can help push Oakley out by applying pressure to the top of my stomach :LOL). I guess I just have to have faith that it will all work out. I have an appt. with my midwife today and am supposed to be having an internal this time, I might see how Ember reacts to it, do you think that's a good idea or no?

Amelia, about the baby clothes...if mine had been packed in say rubbermaid bins or something then I probably wouldn't feel the need to rewash them.

Piglet- That looks like a really nice, stylish diaper bag

I have a Baby Gap shoulder style that I actually bought before ever becoming pregnant because it was just the type of black bag I was after and everything else I found was more expensive. It's pretty basic. This summer I also found a little waterproof backpack that I liked so I bought it to use at the beach and now it will be my diaper bag for shorter outings. So Flitters, I think that you'll be just fine with a backpack.

I gotta admit, I look forward to having my first internal exam this afternoon Even though I know it doesn't really mean anything in terms of how soon labor will start I still really want to know what's going on with cervix since I can't reach it myself!
#76 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 PM

3boyz4us, i'm looking forward to reading your birth story glad you're feeling better today!

re: diaper bags ... ours is a bit weird, it's a Jack Skellington messenger bag from Hot Topic :LOL it's the same size as a diaper bag, not as many compartments but i got smaller clear plastic zipper bags to put inside it.

i'm all packed for the hospital, trying to bring enough homey things. my fave crystal, a "pocket goddess" i made from clay. i have a ton of mandalas printed out, it's so relaxing to color the designs, also bringing colored pencils and crayons, and tape to hang them up! white noise machine so i don't hear anything from the halls. ratty old tshirts i don't mind being messed up or cut off. socks, socks, and socks! i'm also bringing prune juice, i've read enough hospital birth stories to be convinced they're obsessed with poop

for those birthing at a hospital or birth center, are you packed? and what are you bringing?

p.s. - lots of great printable mandalas at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/rickylasouri...ilia/Page.html

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#77 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 12:34 PM

Back from dr. I am 38w 4d. Everything seems to be fine except for the fact that I am not making much progress towards delivery! She asked how crampy/contracting I've been and when I told her, she was surprised and told me to get walking, she seemed disappointed.
I am so tired right now, I just want a nap, but here I am back at work. She said they would take me out any time I want. I am tempted, but that will give me less time after with the baby, which I don't want. I have also figured out that I have some allergies going on, and they just aren't helping anything including my attitude.
How am I supposed to stay positive? How am I supposed to stay strong and not give into all the "wonderful" medical technology? How am I supposed to be strong enough so that when at next weeks appt they talk inducement, I say "no"????
I know I need to get walking, but after working all day, it's sooo hard. She also mentioned sex, but to be honest, after the discomfort of the group b swap, I am scared to death of going that route.
Come on baby, mamma's tired.
#78 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 12:39 PM

Wow Meli...you really are artsy-fartsy That's really cool! It sounds like you are very prepared. I have my bag packed but it's pretty much just a silk housecoat for comfort, extra clothes, for me, Oakley and Ember incase we stay overnight in Kelowna and a big sister gift for Ember. I will be wearing my bracelet of course and I need to pack some snacks. But last time, we made the mistake of not bringing the bag up with us right away and so all that we brought stayed in the car. I had a labor massage oil last time that I did use b/c it was in MIL's purse.

Anyone ever hear of squeezing a comb to bring on contractions? I read about that last time in a reflexology book, you hold the comb and squeeze into your palm, KWIM? Something to try for those of you who are having contractions that aren't going anywhere. It's something I tried and will probably do again.
#79 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 12:40 PM

Meli, thanks for posting that link to the mandalas. I checked it out, out of curiosity and was surprised. In high school, I used to draw my own and color them in! I never knew there was a name for such a creative venture. I am happy to rediscover this "pasttime."
#80 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 12:45 PM

Oh Thia don't despair...many, many, woman have been told that they are weeks away from delivery by their Dr. only to go into labor that night, and at the same time many have been told they are gonna go soon only to wait weeks! IMO it's one of those things that Dr.'s shouldn't speculate on at all! It drives me crazy that they even think to mention induction before at least 41 weeks! : But since you are worried about it, maybe you should try the evening primrose oil capsules (inserted) so that you at least feel like you are doing something.
#81 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 01:17 PM

Piglet, I know exactly what you mean about needing a routine. Even though obligations can be stressfull, if I don't have a reason to get dressed and active, I can turn into sludge, which inevitably leads to depression. So I'm planning on signing up Violet for swimming lessons, maybe sign up for a dance class we can take together, and I wanna help in her kidnergarten class.

Does anyone have a gift planned to give their older child "from the baby" or anything? I think MIL and I might be getting dss (she's my partner's daughter) a little baby and a tiny training bra and making it into a little nursing bra so we can "nurse" our babies together. hahaha. I think she'd love it.

As for the hospital bag, mine is not packed. I got a nursing friendly nightgown, some other nursing accessories, and some underwear I don't mind bleeding all over, so I'm getting some things. I really don't know what I want to bring! I'd like to go to the art store and get a canvas and start painting my "labrynth of labor" to cover up the clock with, and maybe some other art work as well. I really want everyone coming to my birth to brink fragrant flowers to cover up that icky hospital smell. I think I'll also make a little spray blend of essential oils. I was also thinking about bringing like desk lamp to set one of those little clay rings on so I could put oils in it and smell up the room that way.

I really hate the way hospitals smell. It smells like sickness or death to me. I think that's because they smell so similar to nursing homes, which are often (though NOT always, I know) places where people get left to die. Woah, sorry, this is sounding depressing.

Ahem. anyway, I just don't know what else to bring! I'm bringing some of those touch-lights to stimulate a candle-lit enviroment so that we can turn off the lights and everything. This is gonna be so exciting.

Ooooooh! What music are you mamas gonna listen to??????
#82 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 01:42 PM

3boyz...so glad to see you around

So mil is not the most tactful when commenting about my pg. Lets see today she told my oldest that I am ripe; I look like I am about to pop; I am getting" big--big--big." Then when she arrived the other night she said, "By the way you look I expected to come home and you would be up at the hospital." : : : Everyone else tells me how small I am. I have gained 28 lbs. and I started out at 112. I love her, but I almost want this baby to come just so she would leave sooner. How can I look at this from a comical point of view? I don't want to be negative, but the woman just needs to close her mouth at times, or say something complemetary. HELP!!!!
#83 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 PM

This is pretty neat. Do you think it would be helpful in labor? Does anyone know if these can be printed out and still "work"?

http://www.lessons4living.com/relax1.htm
#84 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 02:54 PM

3boyz4us-glad to see you back, I was wondering about you just last week...Hope you're well.
Thia-don't listen to your dr! I mean that only in a good way-that baby will make it's appearance when it's ready so don't fret. It could be a few days or a few wks but nature has a way of taking care of things for us!

Diaper bags...use whatever works for you! I've used just a Target brand backback that worked great and a Nine West shoulder bag I got on clearance-they were both easily cleaned and I still have both of them so will probably use one of them again. Though in a creative mood I bought a denim shoulder bag and some cool beaded trim that I keep meaning to sew on-we'll see if that gets done

Still trying to decide on that going home outfit-I have a cute Halloween one if the babe comes on the 30th or 31st but want an alternative too but can't decide...Iknow it's silly but since I still have my going home outfit somewhere I want something cute that the baby can keep.

Take care
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#85 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 03:01 PM

Well, I went for a 10 minute walk at lunch and that seems to have helped my state of mind, at least momentarily. We are having a gorgeous fall day here. Too bad I am spending most of it in my windowless cubicle. Thank you ladies for your replies and getting my mind back where it belongs.
Scents for labor: I have some lavender eo that I am bringing. I will probably just place a drop on a q tip and wave it under my nose. I have heard people say that you shouldn't plan on using any forms of scent that can't be diffused immediatly b/c you never know what will work and what may make you naseous. LOL. So, I figure, a q tip can be thrown out in another room. I am also bringing my lemon grass sage lotion from bath and body works. Lotion isn't easily removed, but citrus has been highly successful with me before and I love it!
Music: I have a blend...some mozart, mixed classical, Billy Joel's greatest hits, Keith Green, Rich Mullins, and some nature sounds. I know I have a few more cd's picked too, but I cant remember at this moment.
#86 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 04:31 PM

I finally had a baby dream last night!!! I have been so busy during this pregnancy at work and everything, I just haven't felt as connected to the little spirit inside as I have with my other 2. The dream was very simple, just holding her in my arms, seeing her little scrunched up face and little wisps of hair. I felt her body's warmth in my hands and I felt so absolutley happy, fulfilled and just plain wonderful!!! I haven't felt that happy in so long. I just let go of all the worries and negative toughts and felt the love and happiness of a momma with her new babe. I felt so blessed! It really helped me let go of all worries I have been having and remember that all they really need is love. Ooohhh !! I can't wait until she comes!

Well anyway, I figure that I will definitely go past my due date. My other two were "late" and by my conception calculations, the edd should be 11-08, which is actually my 1st dd b-day! Only god and this babe knows.

It is so great reading everyone's posts and how nervous, excited and anxious we all are. Everyone has such a different point of view and some great ideas! I love the mandalas and great thought about the EO on a Q-tip. I had a traumatic experience after my last pg in the hosp and I can't stand the smell of the hosp either.

Tia- I don't know why doc's say stuff like that. Don't they realize that you are extremely sensitive to that sort of talk, especially right now!!?? I know it is hard ignoring what "they" say, but remember, you are the one having this baby, not the doc. Just tune into your body and do what feels right to you. It's something that all mama's need to do.

Have a midwife appt tomorrow. Supposed to get that swab thing done, but I think I'm going to pass. I don't need to think of any more what if's at the birth!

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#87 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 04:45 PM

gottaknit~ looking at that thing for a second made me feel stressed! Yikes! Those things have always weirded me out though!

Diaper bags~ I have an oversized army green messenger bag I got at target for $6! It's waterproof inside, and has lots of compartments.

those mandalas are really cool...

I sent one of my belly pics to my stepdad, and he said I look like a goddess! That's alot coming from a conservative kinda guy! Really made me feel good at this HUGE stage of the game! I had to send him one so he could see why I'm weighing in at over 200lbs!
#88 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 05:17 PM

Went to my ob's today. He wants me to go for an ultrasound next week becuase supposedly i'm measuring smaller than last week and have been measuring one cm smaller than the week everytime. The baby is really mellow but still moves around. He told me as long as it moves 10 -12 times a day i'm fine. I'm trying not to freak out that there is something wrong with the baby. It's hard not to when you're so darn hormonal.

Thanks for listening!
Carrie
#89 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 PM

ok, time for Susan's dumb question of the day...

I have a bottle of EPO and have been taking them orally. But how exactly does one take them internally??? Do they just melt in there?? Do I take them out? after how long? how many?? I'm just dumbfounded trying to figure this out logisticly for myself. We've been getting enough natural (ahem!) cervical softner, but a little more can't hurt, right??

And are any of you taking any labor prep herbs (ie. blue cohash, false unicorn etc)?? I'm supposed to start taking some this week and I was wondering if anybody had any luck with them making your labor more effective?!
#90 of 206 Old 09-29-2004, 05:25 PM

Carrie- I would try not to worry. I was measuring big +3-4 centimeters ahead for most of my pg but the last 2 visits I've been 1-2 weeks smaller, measuring 34 at 36 weeks. But babe is engaged in my pelvis making my fundal height smaller. Could be the same case for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page