It's October!! weekly thread (a bit early) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nancy- you reminded me of something I wanted to say when you guys were talking about your registries...I am such a shopping junkie that although I may purchase something off a registry I probably wouldn't end up actually getting the item from where the person registered...the fun for me is looking around to see if I got the best price So maybe you'll end up with some surprises from people like me.
#62 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 02:40 PM

Nancy- Your post made me laugh so hard about the bikini wax for low riders! I'm in the same boat as you with the pants. I'm living in comfy maternity strech pants (leggings) all my other pants don't fit and hurt too much. I have too much junk in the trunk and front to fit into anything else.

I love Kelly's Closet!! I order all my diapering stuff from her if i can't find it second hand.

Yeah the boards are loading better. I don't have to wait 30 mins for the page to load!!!

I got a hotlsing too for the new baby. I really love it. I got a cappacuino fleece pouch perfect for this chilly weather.

Ok sending out more labor vibes.
#63 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Like I would need a bikini wax if I wanted to wear them.
LOL...I did that weeks ago!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#64 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 03:18 PM

QOTW - No last hurrah for us. I just feel like sitting on my couch and not moving for the next couple of days!

Actually, we did get out for a nice little walk around our farm on Sunday. but other than that I really don't feel like going out at all.

I'm also not looking forward to our Thanksgiving weekend, this weekend, if the baby is not yet here! My family has started big time with the 'You're still around?" and "The baby's not here yet?" . Ugh, I can't stand it! My in laws are so much nicer about it. My sister in law told me out right that she would not be calling to ask because she remember how that feels. Wish my mother could remember!

I had a mw appointment today and I think I've decided that if this baby is not born by my next one, I might go for the stretch and sweep. They don't push it, but they offer it if you ask.

I had more contrax last night that felt stronger than bh contrax. Like clockwork, every 15 minutes for hours. Went to bed, woke up to pee a couple of hours later and nothing!

Labour vibes to those of you looking for them and to mee too please! Time to head to the couch and knit!

Kathy

kathy::
#65 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 03:32 PM

Yipee for maternity leave! It must be nice for you!

I'm jealous of you ladies with help with the wee ones, although MIles has been pretty low maintnence lately, it'd be nice to have a day to maybe take a nap, or a night away...ah to dream...

Kathy, when I read your posts I have to say it sounds like you have my dream life! A farm in Ontario? The pumkins, your knitting circle, I could go on forever, references all your old posts! I ask my hubby all the time if we can move up to Ontario, get a farm, and he can do architecture on the side or in the winter. Granted I know nothing about it, it just seems so romantic to me My family comes from a long line of farmers who came over to ontario from france in the late 1800's and settled in/around Zurich/St. Josephs area.

I've felt today like I could start my period at any time, the bachache, and slightly crampy feeling. I'm in no hurry though! I'm hoping to surpass my due date, so I'll forward my symptons to you ladies wanting to get things going.

Is anyone NOT going to have their cervix checked? and not checking their own? I don't want it EVER checke, unless maybe i'm feeling the urge to push.

to you ladies who want it, and for me~!
#66 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 03:37 PM

Still no new babes?!? Nothing going on here. More BH, but that's it. I've been sleeping better, baby is even lower and finally I've had some relief from the dreaded heartburn. I have my home visit with my mw tomorrow. I'm getting really excited about that. Just having her here, going over the birth kit, and our wishes for the birth...I can't wait. I think I have everything we need. And tomorrow I'm going to start taking some labor prep herbs. It will be interesting to see if they have any effect on my onset of labor or duration. Both of my other babes were late and I had long labors. So this is my own little science experiment.

QOTW: No last hurrah for DH and I. I'm ashamed to admit, that we haven't been out alone in about 3 years. We've been to 2 weddings without the kids, but I don't count that as good quality time together. DH isn't comfortable with leaving the kids with a babysitter and we are 1400 miles away from family, so there isn't much opportunity.

Glad the boards are loading faster again...it was getting painful. Labor vibes to all the mama's who want/need them.
#67 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 PM

That' s funny, what someone said about feeling like they are going to start their period. That is how I feel too sometimes and it is enough to send me running to the bathroom to see if that is the case. Usually I am halfway there before I realize that I am NOT getting my period. Feel like I am 11 years old again. LOL.
As for the bikini wax thing, I can't ever imagine putting myself through that, but let me tell you, I can't get far without hitching my pants up. Some of my friends at work are laughing at me today b/c I stop in their office to put myself back together. I can just see my pants falling completely down while I am in front of the ceo's office or something...
Well, I am leaving work in an hour, supposed I better actually get some work done...lol. Maybe, oh just maybe, I won't have to come in tomorrow....
wishful thinking
#68 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 05:15 PM

Some of you may have read Mellybean's mention of mandalas last week:

I thought it was such a good idea that I've arranged all of these mandalas into a couple of large MS Word document for easy printing. If you're interested, I've posted those docs on our Yahoo board (under the Files tab) - if you don't have access to the Yahoo board, email me and I'll send a copy on over. Be warned, they're each about 4MB, so let me know if file size is an issue and if so, I'll try and get them into .pdf later this week.
#69 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 05:21 PM

Quote:
As for the bikini wax thing, I can't ever imagine putting myself through that, but let me tell you, I can't get far without hitching my pants up. Some of my friends at work are laughing at me today b/c I stop in their office to put myself back together. I can just see my pants falling completely down while I am in front of the ceo's office or something...
Meee Tooooo! Nothing stays up on me! I am constantly adjusting my pants. It must look so weird to everyone else, but I am way past the point of being self-conscious right now.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#70 of 296 Old 10-05-2004, 05:50 PM

My boss just asked me if I've "got a delivery date yet". He said, "Why do you need to stop working Friday if you haven't scheduled the delivery yet?"

Umm.... OK... I'm not sure if he just doesn't know how labor works, or if he assumes everyone schedules inductions. I wasn't about to tell him about our homebirth, so I just said, "Well....uh.... it's all a mystery when babies decide to be born....." :LOL
#71 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone!

Today my best friend called me up and said "I'm taking you out for a pedicure!". It was lovely. I was so embarassed at my rotten toenails: I had cut them all short thinking I wasn't going to get a pedicure for ages, and had actually broken one of the small ones in half. I'm sure the pedicurist was horrified. But all the massaging and callous-removing and cuticle-shaping felt so wonderful! It was super sweet of my friend to think of me that way, and it really put me in such a better mood.

I'd had a lot of insomnia last night, and I simply cannot get comfortable these days. At one point I was trying to change positions and pulled something in my groin - it hurt so much I cried out. DH thought my water had broken or something! Anyways, I was very emotional today, broke down in tears over something trivial...I just read all your posts, girls, about the moodiness, the general discomfort etc and I feel so much better to have you all to commiserate with. I feel like all I do is whine to people. The other day my Dad asked how I was, and I realized I was sounding like those old people who list all their aches and conditions whenever you ask them "how are you?". So I'm trying not to complain too much.

I did use the insomnia to come to a decision however, I'm letting go of my paper until after Sasha is born. I was hoping to have it ready for submission before Friday. Yesterday DH was out all day with DD so I could work on it, then I had a two hour phone meeting with my boss in the evening, so DH was watching DD then, too. It was stressful for him, and stressful for me, as me and boss tried to fit in more phone meetings, etc. In the middle of the night I realized that this paper was taking over everything, and the baby's birth was becoming an unwelcome deadline. I realized that I just can't get it done, and decided to just let it go for now. I want to savour these last few precious days, not be stressing out about something work-related. I'm supposed to have a phone meeting tomorrow evening, but that is my "date night" with DH and frankly, it's a priority for me!! So I'm gonna cancel with my boss. He may be disappointed but oh well...this is a very special time in my family's life and it's not worth getting stressed out over something to do with work!! I have felt a huge load off ever since I made the decision.

gottaknit: your boss's comment made me laugh. my mother adopted me and my brother, so has never been pregnant. when we were discussing her flying out to boston for emily's birth, she was upset that I couldn't give her a set date. she thought the due date was "it" (like the baby can count exactly 40 weeks, lol). When I explained to her that babies can come any time around the due date she said (and this is a direct quote) "Well how does anybody plan these things then??" :LOL

No bikini wax but I did try to give my self a "trim" down there. Forget it. I can't see a thing and with my luck I'll slice off a peice of my labia, lol. I'm tempted to ask DH to do it, but god only knows what things look like down there these days. I'm almost afraid if he sees it he won't ever want to go back there!

I envy those of you whose babies have dropped. Sasha feels so incredibly low to me, and I'm getting poked constantly in my cervix and my groin...but I have been getting lots of shortness of breath, and heartburn (had a Maalox shooter last night) so I'm guessing he's still not dropped. Which is moot for my birth, but might make me feel a bit more comfy!

I think I felt my first contraction today. I was walking to the store around the corner and my whole lower back got tight. It felt alot like a menstrual cramp and it lasted a while. I haven't even had BH in ages now, just the sharp, quick (painful!) pokes from Sasha. So this was interesting to me. I sort of want to feel some contractions just to say I have!

On the toddler front, thank goodness I can report that I have my kid back again. I guess teething is over, because she has been her usual wonderful self lately. She reads to herself alot, entertains herself alot, and has just been generally wonderful. What a relief!!! I was starting to freak about handling her and a new baby when she was being so clingy and teary, etc. My heart goes out to those of you whose toddlers are still making life rough. I know the little dears are having a rough time, but it sure doesn't make it easier for us!

ameliabedelia: I think I posted earlier that my hospital stay was starting to seem like a pending holiday, so I can relate to your feelings. I was so sure I'd be checking out early if I could, but now I'm thinking I might not, lol. It's thanksgiving weekend here and we are planning a dinnner on Sunday night b/c we have friends visiting in town (they just had their first baby two months ago), but now I'm thinking I probably won't be there for it. We'll see how it goes...I guess it mostly depends on how Emily is handling being away from me. If she's fine I might take advantage of the break. Sleeping all day with a newborn sounds heavenly right now!!

Okay, I think I've babbled enough for today. DD actually went down early this evening and DH is out at soccer practice, so I'm enjoying this time to read and reply thoroughly! Only three more days until my baby is born...unbelievable!!!

Big labour vibes to you, Mirthfulmum!!!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#72 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:00 AM

Oh, Piglet!!! You must be so excited to get to meet your little baby in 3 days! I am a mite jealous that you know when you will hold Sasha in your arms!

I had to laugh when you talked about trying to do a little trimming...I can't really do it, either. I am wild and crazy! In my last pregnancy, I asked dh to give me a little haircut down there once I got to 40 weeks. I didn't like the idea of going into labor all overgrown. Well, you should have seen what he left me! Virtually nothing!!!! I was kind of embarassed.

I took this amazing walk today in the park. It was one of those incredible fall days....cool and crisp and the leaves were falling all around. I wandered around the woods alone, and eventually I got tired and sat in a small clearing. I was just relaxing there, when a mother deer and her fawn wandered into the clearing, too. I sat perfectly still, and to my amazement, they walked right up to me. I sat just a couple feet away, and the deer and I just stared at each other for a long time, our faces only maybe 3 feet apart. The mother was trying to figure me out....what was I? Why wasn't I moving? Was I going to harm it? It eventually bowed its head and licked the grass in front of me. It was a friendly sort of thing. The deer walked across the field and back to me a few times and eventually wandered off, looking over its shoulder at me the entire time. It was such a cool experience, I felt so blessed.
#73 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 AM

We all seem to quiet tonight.... I hope this is a good sign that some babies are on the way tonight

Piglet...dh and I are going on our last date tomorrow night as well. We will be celebrating his upcoming b-day as well. I love spending time alone with him. We have soooo much fun! We try to go on a date at least once a month which I think is very important to do in a marriage.

Got some comfy yoga pants yesterday.. I just want to live in them!!! They do slide down a bit, but not to bad. I was a bit desperate especially now that the weather is turning cold here in WI.

Well I just wanted to chat. Good night
#74 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 AM

Our internet was down all day today and it was driving me nuts because I wanted to see if any babies had been born! I can't believe it is the 5th and still no more babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
I envy those of you whose babies have dropped. Sasha feels so incredibly low to me, and I'm getting poked constantly in my cervix and my groin...but I have been getting lots of shortness of breath, and heartburn (had a Maalox shooter last night) so I'm guessing he's still not dropped. Which is moot for my birth, but might make me feel a bit more comfy
Well Piglet, I know for a fact that my baby has dropped and for some reason my heartburn is at its worst! I thought I'd bought too much Gaviscon two weeks ago but as I shot it last night I realised the bottle is almost empty!

No change with me... just wanna send Mirthful some labor vibes and Piglet some relaxing vibes and Lucysmama some get well vibes KraftyKathy some enjoyable time on the couch vibes and everyone else big hugs. Lets get this show on the road!!!
#75 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:24 AM

Piglet- That's great that you made the decision to let go of your paper until after Sasha is born...WTG You really do need to just focus on you and your family these last few days! What a sweet friend you have

Man those comments you guys are getting are funny...but at the same time scary...just think, if this is the view after just a few years of inductions and scheduling babies imagine what it will be like for our children.

So all of a sudden tonight I have been hit with a menopausal like heat wave, I am roasting! And now I am starting to feel stuffy. I'd like to hear that this is a sign of impending labour, :LOL but it is more likely just a cold that will hold things off for a few more days.

Sending out labour vibes that hopefully someone will catch!
#76 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 02:21 AM

Yay! I hired a doula today-it was my birthday present to myself I know she'll be great, she has that warm comfortable aura about her. My DH is still "humpfing" about paying $350 but I told him that was cheap!
Went to Ikea to get some last minute things I was wanting-like storage bins for dipes and baby stuff so feel like things are settling into place.

Swelling like crazy all of a sudden-never had any problems until the last day or 2 and I've been trying to drink alot of water. Hoping that doesn't get worse-I hate that stuffed sausage toe feeling LOL

Piglet-can't believe it's coming so fast-only 3 more days!

Take care everyone
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#77 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Court, thank you so much for helping me to figure out what week im in.....actually dh was telling me the same thing yesterday over supper but i didn't want to belive that im not 38 weeks yet!!! ...
Piglet, that is a wonderul decision!!! your baby and ur family are the priority and these last days (only 3 days i can't belive it ) should last forever in ur memory...i did the same thing too last week...well have to admit not comletly by myself but after dh's long talk with me that "my family is number one priority" ...
mirthfulmom, much much birth vibes to you ...and much that ur mom is still there with you... i live in Japan and my mom tell me each time over the phone that she wants to come to "help".... ...everytime i tell her "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we will go when baby will be born....:LOL
Congratulations to all of u who got their maternity leaves!! and much to those who still have to wake up at 7...
today was really awful...i went to buy some knitting stuff and bought it for really expensive price only to find later on that they sell the same (well almost) stuff in a 100 yen shop (1 dollar).......and then my freind wrote me to say that they used the name we chose for the baby (if she is a girl) which is petra....so her sister had a baby and they called her petra!!!! .......
and when i was typing this message my neighbour came, she has been worried for weeks about her 1-year-old dd not eating...so now she has a habit to come and feed her in our house.......and she screams a lot and her dd too so i thought my head was going to explode.......and then i wanted to send the reply in the middle of all this screaming and it was deleted!!! ....
hope you all had much better day than me here...
P.S. oops sorry Ann... with all this talk about mememememe......forgot to tell you : HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#78 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 08:21 AM

I just knew from the other thread that MDC will be closed for some days for repair...Cynthia said......
and im feeling something now...i think it might be contractions but im not sure....dh is saying that im fooling him...i have bad bad ache in the lower of my abdomen as if before my period...and it comes and goes...maybe just gas...

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#79 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 08:27 AM

MDC will be moving to the new homepage i guess....

#80 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 08:40 AM

oh Ekatarina, that sounds a LOT like early labor! When I had DS, it started out with a small tightening in my belly and a crampy feeling in my lower back like when I get my period, and it came every few minutes. Keep us posted!!

Heartburn? Hmm I wish that really went away bc the baby dropped. Part of the reason we have heartburn is from teh baby pushing on our belly....but the other part is because of the relaxin in our bodies relaxing our sphincter valves, including the one in our esophogus. Only way to fix that is to have our babies!! Oh and I am still short of breath too at times and my baby has been low for weeks and weeks. :

MDC is going down? What?! Where does it say that?? This would be very bad timing!

So I'm FINALLY 37 weeks now, and quite frankly surprised I am still pg....DH says the baby will come today. We'll see right! I've had less and less contractions sadly so who knows! Just can't believe my plug's been gone for 10 days now and no baby!

: Ann!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#81 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 AM

Happy Birthday Ann!!! :
Hope you had a wonderful B-day!

I'm with all ya ladies about the aches and pains. My darn feet are swollen and my ankles look like grapefruits!

What is it with our DH's helping us shave because we can't see and we wind up with next to nothing! Who has the time or energy to maintain something like that!

Ann- tell your DH $350.00 is a really good price for a Doula. I paid $850.00 for the one I used with liam and my current one charges $400.00. Hopefully after he sees what she does for you guys during the birth he will see how worth the money it is!

Hey if MDC is going to be down we can keep in touch via our yahoo group. I don't know if I can go through a couple of dyas w/o posting or reading any of your posts!

Piglet- That is so good for you to put aside your paper and just take the time to relax a bit. I'm still so excited and a bit envious you have an exact due date! It's so awesome on Friday your lil dumplin will be here and we will be reading your birth story.

Okay ladies it's tiem for someone to have thier baby. Here are some more labor vibes.
#82 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 09:59 AM

This was posted by Cynthia in the thread called "slow loading pages..."
It keeps me in tune with what you're all experiencing as I don't have that much of a problem myself. I convey the info to Laura, our webmama, and to our host as the need arises. We thought we resolved the problem yesterday by removing that huge log that had built up and sapped our memory. But it seems the slowness is back somewhat for some of you. It's late night/wee morning USA time right now and things seem fine on my end.

We have signed a contract and put into motion our new server setup so we will be moving to a new home within 2 weeks I think. That means a bit of downtime for us but we'll be setting up in a more powerful server and hopefully be comfy and speedy for everyone.
We are growing so fast!!

Truebluexf, I really dont know what is going on...but as pain doesnt go away im starting to worry...it began one hour ago and i sat in a warm bath for half an hour...cramps are better...but pain doesn't go...its there in the lower part of my abdomen and i can't tell if its contractions or no because i really feel like one cramp getting smaller and bigger over times...but nothing regular i guess....i really can't tell....: now dh is saying i need sleep and we should sleep early...but i dont think i can sleep!!!

#83 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 10:23 AM

Yeah it's hard to sleep when the baby could be coming...my labor started off in the evening last time and I really should have gotten a couple hours rest while I still could...so try your hardest, at the very least lie down and rest!! Things not stopping after a bath are a good sign!! Go relax and see what happens.

#84 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 11:43 AM

still coloring mandalas here, i've got 20 or so done and many more to do i notice that if i color one when i'm having a lot of hip/back/groin pain, time passes quickly and i forget about the pain entirely! which bodes well for labor

re: shaving ... i plan to grab a shower, shampoo and shave my legs while in early labor *lol* if i can't reach my legs, my husband can do it for me. TMI he shaves the muff for me, since i can't reach it anymore! he's got a full beard so i know i can trust him, if he can keep his face looking so good i figure he's a good bushwhacker the only problem is he has to stop and start because when the baby gets the whole belly moving he cracks up

his sister's birthday is Friday, so now we're wondering if Willow wants to share Auntie A's birthday! i keep bribing her all day, "come on out and you can have all the booby juice you want!"

i want to get a pedicure tonight, if $ permits. i wonder if those big massaging/vibrating chairs could cause labor to start?!

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#85 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 11:58 AM

OK here's a funny story for you all. I think DH is getting a little too involved with the whole pregnancy thing, or he's just read too much or something.

This morning I was in bed and he called out for me to come in the bathroom and look at something. He was pointing at the shower floor and said, "Honey! I think you lost your mucus plug!" But I hadn't been in the shower yet - I was still in my pj's. So he said maybe I lost it yesterday. Um... I didn't shower yesterday. Last time I was in the shower was Monday morning, and he's had like three showers since then....

But he was completely convinced it was my mucus plug and it got there somehow!! Turns out it was the last sliver from a bar of soap that had fallen on the shower floor and melted into a little gelatinous puddle. So now I'm having fun teasing him about my sneaky mucus plug. As in, "Honey, look! I found my mucus plug in the fridge!" and "Honey! Is that my mucus plug under the sofa!?" :LOL
#86 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:11 PM

Nancy -
#87 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 PM

Nancy :LOL

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm afraid to say how old I am-I think I may be one of the oldest!

If the boards do go down I think we should keep in touch via the yahoo group too!

Gotta go...check in later
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#88 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:33 PM

that's so funny, your sneaky mucus plug.
I'm having a super lazy day. Finished another soaker this morning and started on an earthy, soft poncho for a friend. Her b-day is the 23rd, so I figured I'd better get cranking. My hands keep falling asleep though... I love the look of it so far, I want to keep it, good thing I love my friend so much

Not much to report. No sign of baby yet Although I've had alot of discharge through the night... No biggy though.

It totally helps to have a reason to not want baby to come early, It would suck if there wasn't one, I'd totally be over the prego game. my only complaint right now is getting out of our bed to pee at night.

Anyone know anything about placenta printing, or stamping? My mw suggested it, and I'd love to find out more, and see some examples befor we bury ours under the rose bush.
#89 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 01:34 PM

OOps!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!! Does this make you annr34 instead on annr33?
#90 of 296 Old 10-06-2004, 02:24 PM

39w 6d
Had a dr appt yesterday and it didn't go well. I am okay and so is baby. The dr is induction happy though. They scheduled me for a nst for Monday (which I am changing to Tuesday) and I was told to "bring a date" in mind for induction. Basically, I hate confrontation and am easily intimidated when the other person is a man, so he steamrolled me. I tried to fight back, but it didn't go very well. I just left with the "two can play this game" attitude. Hence, I will change my nst date, I will bring a date....my husband...and as for an induction date...won't go any earlier than the 21st. I found out today that other women have had similar problems with this same dr. Sigh. Really, that is the short version of what went on.
Here's something for everyone to laugh over...I was trying to get across to him my idea of "ideal birth" and said: "if I had my way, I'd be doing this at home." His reply, "women who have their babies at home watch them die." schmuck!
I left there pretty ticked off, did my usual walk in 15 min instead of 20! I also decided to start Evening Primrose today, so we'll see if that does anything. I was crampy through out most of last night and for a couple hours (so far) today. In fact, some of those cramps last night were the toughest I've had so far. Maybe things are getting started. Due to cramping, I didn't sleep very well last night, so I am really tired today, but I'm hanging in there.

Oh...have no clue where our yahoo board is. Can I join the fun?

Ann: Happy Birthday!
Lucysmamma That story about the deer is awesome! Such a gift to have an experience like that! I can picture the whole thing in my mind too. Very relaxing and peaceful in your little glade...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page