It's October!! weekly thread (a bit early) - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Katie - Yeah the hemmorhoids are from pushing. I'm lucky enough that I have never had them under any other circumstance but after both my births, whoo boy, I sure make up for it.
And Katie, what a relief for you that your mom is out of town this week. Hopefully your babe is as thoughtful as mine (who arrived just on time to ensure that his grandma could in fact catch her plane homeward that left today) and is born during your moms trip. Perhaps your midwife could do a stretch and sweep, it seemed to have worked for me. But in any case... focusing some strong, healthy and stimulating birth vibes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:12 PM

Congratulations Ashlee and welcome Ella!!!

Also much good luck to piglet and sasha today!!!

Things here are good and really busy. I'll be full term tomorrow which is so exciting. In the last 2 days my body seems to be emptying itself, I'm beginning to wonder if that is the first sign of an impending labor. We'll see if it continues. I'd be surprised if I go before 38 weeks though (and also surprised if i make it to 40). Dh says he'll have sex with me once I'm full term since these last 2 weeks he was worried he'd send me into labor early.

As for the prostaglandin absorption... ummmm, this is WAY TMI... consider yourself warned. Since I've been pregnant I've been unable to swallow. Seriously. Normally I just do, and it's no big deal. I actually enjoy giving head and that's just part of it for me. However, in the last 9 months I've gagged and wretched and almost puked on him the few times I've given him a bj till orgasm. I'm not sure why it's different, but there is NO WAY I'm absorbing his prostaglandins digestively. I even tried again yesterday. My body just violently rejects oral intake of semen these days.

Anyway, labor vibes to those who want them and hugs to everyone!!!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#213 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:17 PM

:LOL You know what flitters... you crack me up. I just absolutely love your frankness!

Just felt I had to say that.
#214 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:30 PM

Mirthfulmom...Harrison is ADORABLE!!!!

Katie...Hope your baby comes while your mom is out. I want my little guy to come so my mil will leave.

Flitters you also crack me up with your frankness. I told dh about semen ingested orally is supposed to be more effective. He said it sounds right to him. I asked him why he thought so and said he had no reasons other than it just sounded "right." HMMM he just wants a treat

Nancy hope your last day at work when splendid and the party for dh was a blast!

On the topic of EPO...I have been taking it since tues. but upped my dose on Thurs. My dr. thinks it is a great idea for me to take it. I have been taking the suggested amount that Oakember's mw said. It is starting to work a tad, but I know that it can take up to a week to really kick in. I just feel better thinking that I may be helping this little babe get closer to being in our arms.
#215 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:38 PM

Flitters, you don't post nearly enough! :

Katie~ Hey, have your mom drop you off at my place! We'll go on some power hikes to walk our babes out, Lucy and Miles can play, and you can have your baby at my own personal "birth center" JK here's some major labor vibes heading your way I do have a friend due in Jan. who lives around the corner who is eyeing our setup for her homebirth.... That would be wild! I love the idea!

Mirthful I am so happy for you! Hope your bum's feeling better. Have you tried the cold peri pads? I ordered about 6 extra I loved them so much after having Miles.
#216 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:50 PM

Aww, Mirth, Harrison is such a sweetie...and you are looking good too Momma Hope you are feeling better down there soon!

That sneaky little Letia :LOL

Thanks Ann...still waiting in limbo here it seems. Not having the waves anymore but still a little bit of achiness. Who knows?? I am still optimistic that it could happen soon

:LOL maybe it really is true Flitters, and your body is rejecting it because it doesn't want it to happen before it's time.

I thought maybe incase I hadn't mentioned this already that I would, if I have sorry to repeat myself. My midwife recommends using olive oil to keep meconium from sticking to the little bum (I am sure that there are many like me here who try to stay away from petroleum products). So due the the backache feeling I went down town today and bought the last of my hospital bag stuff including a little squirt bottle to bring some olive oil along, Rescue Rememdy because I hadn't got around to buying it yet, some Wedela Nursing tea and Calendula baby oil (which I plan on using on me if I get any tears) and new toothbrushes for all of us thrown in...now I am offically set
#217 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 05:51 PM

Ok, since we are being frank and all.....can I ask anyone (including mirthfulmum) who has experience with hemmorhoids, what do you do? I have one and it is really bothering me. The pressure of the baby is making it a little more inflamed, and while it doesn't really HURT, it is a bit sore and annoying. I have heard witch hazel is good....do you just rub it on there? Also, this is going to go away after the baby....right?
#218 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 06:05 PM

Good to hear from you Mirthful! Harrison is beautiful! Logan really liked looking at his pictures too. Hope your bum feels better...that's one thing I'm not looking forward too, but I know it will happen. Thanks for sharing your sleeping experience, it's good to hear those things.

Nancy- thanks! Yes, it was freehand - which is why it's sort of crooked and funky looking in places. It was one of those mandalas from that link someone posted. Yay for your last day of work! Have fun at the shower...and start resting up!

Flitters - you know I feel the way you do about swallowing at all times, not just pregnancy. The thought of it really makes me gag, but I'm just really squeamish I guess. Anyways, as always your posts crack me up.

Labor vibes to you Katie and Thia!

Good luck Piglet! (even though you're already at the hospital)

I also wanted to say that I loved looking at your pics Futuremama and 3boyz! You are all adorable. All the boys on the tractor are so cute. And Futuremama - I love the name you guys picked - sorry your mom is so mean.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#219 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 06:16 PM

Lucysmama- I remember witch hazel feeling really good when I had them after Logan. I just had some store bought hem. pads that were soaked in witch hazel basically. It's very soothing. Or you could put it on with some kind of cloth or cotton?

Amie- I'm really curious as to when we're going to have our babies too. Part of me thinks it will be early - but then I go back to thinking I'll go to 41 weeks. I've been having very frequent BH while I'm awake. I tried to feel my cervix, but I can't tell what the heck is going on - I do think I could feel the head through everything though

If anyone (trueblue?) wants to explain cervixes to me and what I'm looking for, that would be nice. It's like a little ring that feels kind of puckered or bumpy right? And how do you tell how effaced or long or short it is? Also, I felt a bump on it, like a papule or something, now I'm worried about that.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#220 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 06:49 PM

OH, i almost forgot. Help me decide about PKU. I'm pretty sure it's the only thing we're going to have done.... Where's everyone else stand on this one? I know it hurts there poor lil' feet! but it seems like it's actually useful? YKWIM?
#221 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 07:54 PM

First of all, Congratulations Mirthful!!!!!! Harrison and you both look so beautiful! I've heard so much about sore bottoms after birth - not looking forward to that part! Hope it heals soon!

Speaking of sore butts, someone recommended soaking a pad in witch hazel and then freezing it. Has anyone tried that?

I was so proud of myself that I checked the boards Monday morning (usually I don't have time then), but then I discovered they had started Sunday! By the time I read through all the posts, whew, I was too tired to post myself!!! Haven't had time to read again until now. All I can say is WOW!

I just wanted to say that my friend, who was due Oct 17 (I'm due the 14) had a baby girl on Monday! Wow, seeing her sweet baby really gave my dh and I a wake up call! I mean, we know we're having a baby, of course, but to see such a wonderful little newborn, gazing into her eyes... it just made me cry thinking I have a baby just like hers inside of me, all ready to be born!!! Sounds silly, I know, to just think of this, but it really touched us.

I have to run, sending healthy birthing vibes to everyone!!!
#222 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 08:16 PM

Momadance-

We are going to do the PKU. I would like to know on the chance there might be something. I know it hurts their lil feet but for the little bit if pain I really think the benefits are worth it. We are not going to do any of the other "routine" procedures. Plus if this baby gets jaundice like Liam did he/she will be in store for plenty more heel sticks.

I had my ob visit and ultrasound today. I'm GBS negative ! Phew! The baby is good nice and low. We could of peeked at the sex of our lil one today but I just love the surprise so much. Sure was tempting though! Still measuring small but the u/s says baby is already 7 pounds. I wonder if this one will be as big or bigger than Liam was.

You gals are cracking me up with all the comments about swallowing semen. I couldn't do this pregnant or not. It's a taste thing. Plus it kinda grosses me out. I'll just stick to keeping it aimed at the source.

I forgot EPO is good for trying to get things going or just to get your body more ready? I'll have to try and find some and try it.

I love all the pics on Yahoo. Lil Harrison is so cute. I love the belly cast painting. I wish I was an artist like that. I still haven't done anything w/ Liam's. One day. Next week I'm having my belly cast done. My doula is coming over to do it for me.

So who is having a baby over the weekend? Should we start a poll to guess?

Happy Labor vibes to all the mommies who want their babies to come soon.
#223 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 08:20 PM

Mirthful, Harrison is adorable!!! What a cutie!

I just love seeing everyone's pic. Everyone's families are so beautiful

I think I may try some EPO too now that I am 37 weeks. Where is the cheapest place to buy it (as in any major health food store chains which have it cheap). My main concern about taking it is the expense involved, seems that natural supplaments and herbs can be so expensive sometimes, yk.

Mandi, congrats to your friends.

Mirthful and Katie, sorry about the sore bums. I just used witch hazel pads and they really did help.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#224 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 08:29 PM

PKU -- I think it's important, it tests for lots of metabolic disorders that are important to know about early. The only thing is the timing...did you know it's not truly accurate til about 7 days? DS's hospital did it there...meaning he was 1 day old....meaning it wasn't necessarily accurate and should have been repeated a week later. I would refuse it at the hospital and then have your ped do it at the one week check.

Swallowing semen....um nope. uke Don't think so. I actuallly read an article about it keeps away breast cancer or something too....but...um...nope. If you can do it more power to ya! I can't even let DH finish in my mouth and then spit it out...the taste and the idea are just too much for me!!

Oh yeah, found out tonight I am GBS negative.

Court -- Checking your cervix....I can't tell you how to tell how much it has already effaced, but by checking it now you can monitor any changes. If it has started to soften up, it will feel all mushy, like pursed lips. And the dilation you can tell by about how many fingerwidths the opening is; 1 fingertip is approx. 1cm. I have a bump on mine too, it's been there since before I got pg. From what I understand they are often nothing to worry about, but I'm gonna check into mine after the babe is born. Sometimes they go away after pregnancy or come and go with your cycle.

Hooray, my stroller just arrived! Got the Sit N Stand so DS has a place to sit if he wants. He doesn't sit enough for a normal double stroller but still needs a place to go when he's tired. Can't wait to put it together. It wasn't even supposed to be here til next week...maybe it's a sign I'll need it this weekend?? (not that I'd be putting the newborn in there yet LOL)

Oh! Loving the pics on the yahoo group, little Harrison is so cute! I can't wait to see more baby pics! I added a couple pictures the other day too. Maybe DH and I should make my belly cast tonight, I almost forgot about it!!

Gonna go try to go for a walk, ttyl!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#225 of 296 Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 PM

Momadance- we are going to do the PKU testing, but we will do it at about day 5 in the comfort of the midwifes office with me BF, so hopefully the level of discomfort won't be as much as it would be otherwise.

Court- I can't reach my darn cervix...the midwife had trouble reaching it too so I am not really of any help!

Yay to Amy and to Momma2Liam, one less stress to worry about!
#226 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 12:38 AM

First, Mirthful - Harrison is just adorable - and you look great too!

More bad news from the OB today; for the first time I'm showing protein in my urine and have a couple of other signs that pre-eclampsia is starting to set in (although BP is really good). Blood test results available tomorrow will let me know if bed rest is in my future or if it's just a hiccup. Although, given I was going to have to work next week, an excuse not to go in would be nice! DW and I just looked at each other as the shock settled in; we could have our baby next week!!!!

She checked my cervix and it's nice and squishy - but the baby is still up high. I hate the thought of trying to induce (we would try accupuncture first) - but what *really* terrifies me is that I was counting on having another couple of weeks to get all those little things done. Looks like I'm kicking up the nesting tasks first thing tomorrow!
#227 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 12:40 AM

PKU - Yes for us. This is the only "routine" test we plan to do. Seems like a small amount of pain (heal prick) compared to not intervening in time if the baby does have a metabolic disorder of some sort.

I have somehow missed the boat on the whole Rescue Remedy thing. What is it for? Is it a tea, tincture, pill...? Someone please fill me in. Thanks!

We had fun at the shower today. DH was sooo surprised!! He is pretty shy and hates to be the center of attention, so his face was bright red the whole time. His coworkers went all-out; balloons, decorations, cake, presents (!), food and punch... it was really sweet of them.

One of DH's coworkers also made a custom daddy-baby bonding device. I'll post a picture of it on the yahoo site. You will not believe how hilarious it is!! He had to open it in private because they were worried about someone complaining to HR.... it's a little...um... well, you'll see.

I'll also post some pics of DH before and after the marathon.

My last day of work was great. I'm so happy to be free!!
#228 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mirthfulmom, your pictures are beautiful and Harrison is so so cuuuuuuuuuuute...
Nancy, how nice about your dh's shower...what nice freinds you have....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakEmber
. My midwife recommends using olive oil to keep meconium from sticking to the little bum (I am sure that there are many like me here who try to stay away from petroleum products).
Oakember, i couldn't understand well what you mean...what is "little bum?" :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansMomma
have a couple of other signs that pre-eclampsia is starting to set in (although BP is really good).
Beansmomma, Sorry about the problems you are having... good luck with the results hope they will be good...but i always thought that pre-eclampsia is when BP is really high...: what are the other signs???

Feel myself so uninformed...but reading your posts really makes difference, learning so much...and so much fun too...escpecially about the semen thing... I would like to see that study about the breast cancer and semen ingestion...how can a study like that be possibly done??? It must be sooooooooo much biased....
Much much birth vibes to everyone in need,...(well i guess we all are...

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#229 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 02:35 AM

Ekatherina - "bum" means bottom/butt. Like, the baby's butt cheeks.

Nancy - congrats on your last day of work!

I am really bummed. I bought some homeopathic cohosh, which is one of the things that my mw told me I could do to gently encourage labor. So, dh called tonight to ask her what the dosage is, and she was all pissy. She was like, "I never told Katie to do that. Tell her not to. I would not have said that..." I was a little upset, cause she DID tell me I could do it. Now she's acting like she never said that and I am just making it up. I have no problem not taking it, but don't tell me you never said that and make me look all crazy. Maybe I am just being too hormonal and sensitive. But I know the next time I see her, she is going to give me a little crap about how she "never said that."

I was standing in line today and I heard these two teenage girls whispering about "twins." I turned around and one said, "Ummmm....do you have two babies in there?" I said, "Nope, just one." And they were like, "Oh wow," snicker snicker. I feel like such a blimp.
#230 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Katie- don't despair-I've rec'd lots of comments about "is there just one in there?" I just smile and say yes. Just think how healthy that baby is gonna be-nice and big!
My DD keeps pulling down my pants over my belly and rubbing it and saying "the baby is getting bigger" in the funniest voice LOL She's only 3 so you can imagine...And DS keeps hugging it and saying he loves the baby-it's all so cute!

My bad news is that I have a terrible UTI-ack! I got one with each of my previous pregnancies at the end so wasn't surprised but it went from tiny ocassional stabbing pains on Wed to all out horrible pain today! I've been taking cranberry concentrate and the mw sent a culture in but won't get the results til Mon. She said considering my history it would be good to do a round of antibiotics and if this keeps up I will not argue!

Hang in there everyone-we're in the home stretch now!

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#231 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 04:39 AM

You momma's need some hugs. I hate it when people are like that. Why do they insist on doing that? My aunt came up to me last week and first words out of her mouth were you're fat! : No i'm pregnant!

So it's nice to see that i'm not the only one who can't sleep. I've been up since 12:30! Thank goodness for MDC.
It's the only thing I like to do at this time of night.

Sorry to hear about the UTI Ann! Sending you healthy healing vibes!

Beansmomma- sorry to hear you may have pre-eclampsia. At least you might get bedrest now.

Don't you love it when your lil one(s) hug and kiss the baby. Liam is always giving it hugs and kisses and says hi baby. Then I ask him if he wants a brother or sister and he says No! He cracks me up!

For the olive oil on the bum.. do you just put some on a cotton ball and then put it on their bum and will it stain or effect the CD's at all? Just wondering never did this before. It would make cleaning up a lot easier. I used olive oil for cradle cap and it was fantastic. So I can only imagine what it will do for the meconium poops! Those buggers are sticky!

Quick question but is anyone else pooping a lot now? I really don't remember going like this while pregnant with Liam.

Hey if anyone is ever up and can't sleep we should try to have a momma chat online.

Well I think I will try to go back to bed. Maybe DH will stop snoring!

Carrie
#232 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 10:16 AM

Sorry about all the rude comments on our bellies! My dh and I were interviewing pediatricians last week, and this one asked when I was due. She said, "in a week? You don't look like you're due in a week! You're so small." Now, I expect something like this from strangers, but from a ped??? We crossed her off our list! : (Turns out she treated one of our m/ws like dirt a while ago, anyway.)

So, Piglet must be in heaven right now! Yay!!!

PKU is the one test our m/ws recommend. They've met children who didn't have it done and should have... very sad they say!

Work is useless for me!!! Actually, I'm useless at work!!! By the time I get ready in the morning, I have to take a nap, and by the time I get into work, I'm exhausted again. I'm a grad student, so I don't really have set hours, but I want to keep making appearances so I can have the full 2 months maternity leave once our baby is here!

Speaking of which, come on babies!
#233 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lucysmama thanx for the explanation...
Sorry for all the bad comments we all face sometimes, poeple just don;t think of what they are saying.....
Mandi, I'm graduate student too and i also must make an appearance but everyday i get up from bed and know for sure that im not going anywhere...i feel this guilty feeling since it has been two-three weeks i didn't show up at the lab...so i guess i won't be able to rest two months after birth... my professor will not like it for sure...
I found some site saying that raspberry leave tea three times a day strenghts the uterine muscles and EPO for labor to start but i dont have EPO....i started drinking raspberry tea though...
very cute about ur toddlers... i wish i had one too....so he/she could make cute comments about my belly too.......
thinking of you piglet.......wishing you quick recovery..

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#234 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 10:40 AM

re: semen ... i'll just say that if swallowing worked, Willow would already be here

gottaknit, can't wait to see the custom "daddy device"

the dr. made me an extra appt. for Monday, they'll check my BP, 24-hr urine and blood again. if everything's ok i hope she goes back to the "no induction before 41 weeks" thing! i don't understand why, since i've never been through it before, but everything in my being screams at me that an induction would go very, VERY wrong i don't even have that kind of fear of a c/s! (my instinct says that if i have to have a c/s, at least i educated myself to make an informed decision, and i can mourn later and ask for support here.) i've been going on instinct so much with this pregnancy and it's worked so well for me, i don't want to ignore it.

does a long pre-labor mean a shorter active labor? i hope so! i hate it when the surges stop, they're such a rush. whenever a round of surges starts, i get the coolest feelings, like i'm super-content and energetically blissed out all at the same time my husband has been talking to the baby even more, offering her all sorts of stuff is she will just come OUT! *lol* he honestly thought i was going to go into labor last night, said he was really jumpy at work waiting for his phone to ring. poor daddy!

i gotta quit reading birth stories at "mainstream" forums! if i read one more time how someone wants to kiss the anesthesiologist because "it was so wonderful not to feel a thing as the doctor delivered the baby" i'm going to throw the laptop out the window! *eek lol*

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#235 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 11:15 AM

Meli-

I know how you feel. I used to be so obssed w/ all the mainstream birthing tv shows and forums! Then I got tired of epidural this epidural that. I'm all for the epidural if your having your 36th hour of labor but come on getting it asap you miss out! Yes it hurts like heck but hello that's way it called labor. It's work! I think the women who choose this route (not inculding those who have one for c-sections or prolonged labors) miss out on a beautiful, empowering experince. I'm not against taking a little something to take a bit of the edge off but I am against epidurals right away.

I couldn't tell you how estatic and euphoric I felt after giving birth w/o pain meds. It was the most incredible experince!

Sorry to go off on a rant..this is one of my hot spots!!

Carrie
#236 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 11:23 AM

Katie~ Wow, that's really weird your mw would tell you one thing, and then go back on it and act like she never said it... Perhaps a misunderstanding? I'd be pretty uncomfortable with that. And about the big belly, it seems like some people have no idea what full term looks like Unfortunately alot of women have had there babies befor they get to where you are. Not to mentions the fact alot of moma's go into hibernation mode towards the end. Sorry you felt hurt by that. My family calls all the time to check on the twins Fortunately I have this sick love obsession with my huge 208 lb body and belly.... We'll talk in November and we'll see how in love I am with post baby body

Mellybean~ You have such a great attitude on labor! I love to read your posts.

MIL's driving 2 and half hours to come over today so dh and I can go on a ........... DATE!!!!!! I'm way to excited. It's going to feel sureal.
#237 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 12:00 PM

Morning all. Warning, feeling a tad mentally fogged over at the moment, but I feel like typing. Dh called me at work yesterday, close to leaving time to tell me....he got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : : He has been unemployed since May! So, today, I think we are going to go buy some more diapers and pads and stuff that we will need in the house for after baby, but were holding out on buying. I am really thankful for God's provision!
We also went out to dinner to celebrate. It had been sooooo long. The wait staff made a fuss over me once they found out I was in fact due that day. It was cute. I had a nice glass of white wine ,hoping it might help things along, chill me out, whatever, but obviously, it didn't work. Actually, I was pretty mellow last night, but not enough I guess. Oh well. Pop another epo cap. And follow that with a tums....
I think I will spend today writing, coloring mandalas, and relaxing, aside from that shopping trip. And napping....why...because I can!
And no doubt I will be back here to check up on ya'll.
#238 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 12:39 PM

Thia, Congrats on your dh's new job!!! What a relief!!! Isn't it beautiful how things always turn out so wonderful in the end?!

Ekatherina - Don't feel bad about not going in to the lab! Growing a baby is hard work!!! A grad student friend of mine also didn't go in for about 3 weeks before her due date and took 3 months off afterward. Luckily her advisor was really understanding, and actually wanted her to take more time off! I think it's so dependent on who your advisor is! Mine has never, ever asked how I'm feeling, when the due date is, or even mentioned my pregnancy. A little odd IMO! Is he in denial?

Off to a cider mill for a little fall time fun! Have a relaxing fall day everyone!
#239 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 01:14 PM

s and labour vibes to those in need of some.

Wanted to add my 2 cents re the merconium clean up tips. I used lanoline for both boys and it works wonderfully. Just warm up a bit between your fingers and smear a good layer on all over the bum and front. Makes a great layer of protection for thier sensitive skin and it keeps anything from sticking.
#240 of 296 Old 10-09-2004, 01:51 PM

Is anyone else a sweaty mess at night? I've been waking up in a puddle of sweat so big that I keep thinking my water broke! I keep the windows open (and no it's not hot here at all - chill and rainy) at night and poor DH is freezing. I don't have this problem during the day....

Anyway, just had to share my latest ickiness with you all.

Gotta run. Today's Ikea day! Woohoo, Swedish meatballs here I come! :LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page