mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY! Miles Rocket
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
mellybean 10/10 GIRL! Willow
jamaicanmom 10/10
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
ashleepurdie 10/12 *prediction: boy, 12 hours easy labour**Ella Lucille born 10/6, 10:22 pm, 7.5 lbs, 21.25"*
momadance 10/13 BOY! Reed Jezmund
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! Emma Grace *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 *Twins! Owen and Gwynnen born 9/25*
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam scheduled cesarian October 8
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Ekatherina 10/22
Momma2Liam 10/24 *prediction: boy, 10/31, 9 hrs and 45 min labour*
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
AngelBee 10/25 BOY! Angelo Richard
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Hello ladies. I've decided to start this now while I'm here on the computer, in case I forget again tomorrow morning (and to give those of you on the East Coast a head start in the morning). I have updated the list to reflect our births so far: KateMary's DD and gretchen's twins. I've also add our latest newcomer, Ekatherina, to the list (finally!).

Well, it's officially october, and seems like we're a bunch destined to see our due dates.

Question of the Week: any last minute plans for something special before the birth? date night with DH? night out with the girls? visit to the spa? something to let you savour these last precious days before adding to your family....?

On the advice of all you ladies re: dh and I squabbling, we are going to take my mother up on an offer to babysit DD so we can go on a "date". our third wedding anniversary is the 20th and we know we won't have a chance to do anything then. So that will be my last "hurrah" before baby comes.

I think I'm finally ready for baby. We're giving the car a good cleaning inside today, installing Emily's new seat and putting the infant seat in. Everything in the baby's room is done except for one thing I need to hang up. Clothes and diapers are all washed, sorted, and folded. Slings are hanging to dry as we speak! Mum finished the pouches and wraps she was making (I can't really play with them right now, however, b/c my belly is too big!). All that's left on my list is to put together a hospital bag. Wow, can I be this organized??

Let's see some babies this week!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
37 weeks and 1 day

Had a fun weekend and am now relaxing the day away. We had a porch party last night with dh's side of the fam and some friends. Then there was a light parade that went past our house in the evening. The kids got to take a swing at a pinata...tons of fun!!! And I didn't have to do hardly a thing to prep for it. I did do some cleaning today and now that the house is back in order I plan to catch up here and then read a book.

QOTW: I think dh and I will try to go out for one more date. I would like to do a little something with just him for his birthday, which is the 17nth.

I do still need to pack my hospital...think I will do that tomorrow. Once that is done, I am all set

Piglet..is your c-sec this Friday already?

Have a good week mamas!!!
#3 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 06:08 PM

Well, I don't know if I could have asked for a more relaxing day! I had a tough night. First I woke with some cramping, was up about an hour. Then I woke with some weird intense pain on my right side. That kept me up for about another hour. Just when I was getting ready to wake dh and call the hospital, it must have let up b/c I fell asleep on the couch and it was gone when I woke 3 hours later. Crawled back into bed for another 3 hours! Then I just layed in bed for an hour with dh, my dreams, and thoughts b/c I realized that it could be a long time before doing that again if baby comes this week. Made a yummy breakfast of oj, coffee, and cinnamon buns (from the can). Surfed the net for a while, took a nice long walk, a nice long shower....ahhhhh. I wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.
The walks don't seem to be bringing on any labor, but they are good for my state of mind, so if you can get out ladies in waiting, get! The change of scenery, the movement, the fresh air...I think it's what we all need.
#4 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 06:50 PM

It's officially my due date today, but no sign of Harrison wanting to move out of his comfy little home. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be patient, that's what parenting's all about anyway right?

I've been having a really nice weekend. My mom took Alias out for the afternoon yesterday so Dh and I went out for a nice walk, lunch and a matinee (I love going to see movies in the afternoon but it's a very rare treat). And today my mom has gone to visit my grandpa so the three of us (Dh, Alias and I) spent the earlier part of the day at the beach. Oh how I wish I had more energy to have been more of a playmate at the beach, oh well. As Dh kept reminding me that the whole point of this excursion is for the three of us to have one last outing together before we become four, and it was so nice to sit back and really relish these last few moments. And now Dh and Alias went to the pool for a swim and I have the whole place to myself. I'm going to ignore the toys scatered around the apartment and pretend like the vacuuming dosen't need to be done and I'm going to go sit my big ol' pregnant bum down on the couch with a big glass of juice and watch a movie.
#5 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 07:18 PM

39 weeks

qotw: every time we go see a movie (my husband works at a theater so we get to see movies for free!) we think it's going to be our last date before baby comes! just saw "The Forgotten" today, wow it's got a damn good story.

i feel really weird, i had been feeling more energy every day and nesting a lot, the last 2 days i feel like i'm slowing down, down, down ... i'm sleepy all day, sleeping better at night, and basically feel like molasses. i wonder if my body is just telling me to rest up for the upcoming marathon

i keep wanting to crochet for some reason, sleepy nesting i guess i only know how to make ne thing: granny squares! if i start a baby blanket it'd be a potholder by xmas perhaps *lol* my hands are way too stiff to crochet anyway. and they took Vioxx off the market, which is what i had been taking before i was pregnant! not every day, but once a week when it got really bad. although quite a few moms have told me their arthritis stayed better after pregnancy *knock wood!*

my new mantra is "start your journey Willow"

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#6 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 08:30 PM

Melly, that's so funny you brought up crocheting! I haven't done it since the start of this pregnancy (i made a bib) Last night I picked it up and crochet a soaker. It's so cute, but I don't know how to do leg cuffs. I'll post a pick on our yahoo group.

Piglet, a nice date sounds perfect...Hopefully we'll swing one befor Reed comes along.

Wow, we're starting early this week. We'll have 15 pages befor the weeks done

Had a nice chill weekend. Did the laundry and let it all hang in the sun and nice breeze. Man our sheets smell so nice. Off to bathe Miles, and myself!

Oh we went to the fair on Sat. my pelvic area was THROBBING after walking around there. And we were only there for 2.5 hours
#7 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 09:18 PM

Piglet, FYI you have Gretchen's twins listed as being born on 10/25, not 9/25 in your list.

QOTW: I haven't really thought about doing anything. DH and I have both been spending lots of time with dd and we do stuff together as a family all the time, but I can't think of any last hurrahs. We don't know anyone to be a babysitter up here, so we can't really go out. My mom is coming up to stay with dd when I go into labor, but they live 2 hours away, so it isn't practical to use her just for a date.

We took a tour of the hospital today. It is alright, just a small community hospital so it seems that everyone gets a lot of attention from the nurses. There are things I like and things I don't, but overall it isn't bad. From what the nurse said, just about everyone rooms-in and the babies don't spend hardly any time in the nursery. While we were there, the nursery was empty although the nurse did say there were 3 woman in the postpartum rooms, so I guess they all had their babies with them.

Oh, and the other good thing is I am almost positive that babe had turned head down. I can feel her hiccuping down low, and I am pretty sure she is facing the left. Facing left is optimal birthing position, right??

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#8 of 296 Old 10-03-2004, 11:47 PM

Mirthfulmum - Happy Due Date to you!

Amelia -Baby's back to your left is optimal.

I was getting pretty sure last night was "the night" - I almost had dh filling up the tub. My contractions were about 10 minutes apart, and getting pretty darn uncomfortable. My lower back was throbbing, and I had 2 loose bowel movements. But, (and maybe this was really moronic) I decided to lay down and see if I could sleep. I feel asleep after an hour or so of laying there, and when I woke up, my contractions had stopped. I wish I would have stayed awake and moving, maybe I would have my baby now! I had them all day today, too....but they just aren't going anywhere. I swam for an hour, and took a hike, and nothing. Just this backache and BHs and I lost another glob of mucous tonight. This is making me kinda tired and very irritable. I'm still not "due" for 8 days, so I really should relax, but this pre-labor is rough on me. I am trying not to do anything to rush things along, but I'm getting kinda burned out over here. The thought of going to another prenatal is so depressing right now. I would appreciate any labor vibes anyone wants to send me!

I talked to my half-sister and she said this is how she was, too.....she had LONG pre-labor and walked around 3-4cms dilated for a couple weeks. Then, her OB broke her water accidentally doing a vaginal exam, and she had her daughter 2 hours later! (Same with #2) I have read you labor most like your sisters....maybe that's how I will go?
#9 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 01:38 AM

39 weeks

Ugh, my family is driving me crazy already. Everyone calling "just to check in" ... but anxious and wanting details and some even asking "haven't you had that baby *yet*?!" ... I'm not even freaking due yet. Geesh! My mom asked if I was dialated ... never mind the fact that I haven't had an internal exam yet, and I can't reach myself. Sorry, can you tell I'm crabby about this? Heaven forbid I "go overdue". I think I'll hibernate until the baby's born so I don't have to talk to anyone else.

Anyway ... (sorry for the vent there ) ... Same ole, same ole here too ... lots of BHs, crampiness, etc ... but no real action. Seems to be most prevalent from 5pm till I go to sleep. It's was exciting at first, but now that it's a regular thing w/o any "real" action, I just try to be think positively about my body doing it's work it's own way, etc. etc.

I'm excited to meet this baby, but honestly, I don't feel in any hurry. I'm enjoying this last little bit of time with Ethan (although, my goodness, what a handful he's been lately!) and trying to stay on top of stuff around the house, etc., so that when the baby *does* decide to make his grand entrance, I don't feel like I have to run around and clean like maniac.

I got to hold my new nephew today ... he's 8 weeks old and was a preemie, and is now just about 8 pounds. It's crazy to think that I could be birthing a baby that size pretty soon! It was fun to watch Ethan meet him, and check out all his new-baby-sweetness

QOTW: I would like to try to have one last date w/ DH sometime this week maybe ... probably just dinner out somewhere. It's nice just to have something fun to look forward to when you're so distracted by imminent due dates, you know? We're getting preggy pictures taken tomorrow afternoon, and that's been my "look forward to date" for a while now.
#10 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
I would appreciate any labor vibes anyone wants to send me!
I've had this feeling all night that someone is going into labor, and have been itching to get online and find out how you all are doing. Lucysmama, sounds like it might be you. I'm sending you lots of good labor vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama
I have read you labor most like your sisters....maybe that's how I will go?
Anyone else have any sister stories to compare with?
My sis had a c-section the first time, and a very long labor w/ #2...that ended in her hemmoraging and loosing lots of blood...says she saw the "white light" and all... very scary for all of us. So I'm hoping not to emulate either of her experiences, frankly.
#11 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 02:05 AM

Karin - nuthin' going on over here....must be someone else laboring!
#12 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
36 wks
Every time I check this board now I expect a new arrival soon....Mirthfulmum hang in there!!

QOTW-Oh yes, I have some definite plans! My B-day is Oct 5 so I'm going to hire myself a doula (meeting with her this week), get a pedicure (I've done this a week or 2 b4 my due date with the previous babes) and buy myself some ess oils to make some of the great stuff posted for labor.

My Dh has been against the doula since he thinks "he helps me enough" and it's a waste of $-he's a tighta$$ and I told him he can decide when he pushes a baby out-so too bad. I've heard such wonderful things about this woman that I just have to have her since this may indeed be my last babe-I want it to be the best possible experience.

I can't see my feet so the pedicure is a must!!

Will be checking in to see who's next-sending you all positive birthing vibes!
Ann

Oh and my predicition for me...Oct 25-28-6 hrs labor

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#13 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 07:28 AM

Hello ladies! I have some time here in the middle of the night to post so...
QOTW: I think I'm going to get a pedicure / manicure. How much should one tip for a pedicure? I've only had one before and that was like 4 years ago. I'd love to go on a date w/ dh but we really don't have a babysitter right now, so... I guess when we all went to see Shark Tale on Saturday will have to count as one. Oh and I took a bath for the first time in 2 years tonight, complete with candle light. It was nice, but our tub is a little small, I really couldn't submerge my belly.

I've been cleaning like crazy today with more plans to clean the rest of the week. I also bought organizing bins and stuff for Logan's room and got that mess picked up. I went for a long brisk walk on top of all that, so my hip / pelvic area is so stiff and sore.

Amelia - yay on the baby being head down! That's great. You know my midwife said facing left was really good. In her experience she said they come out really fast if they're right anterior...but either way as long as they're anterior it's good. Mine keeps flipping back and forth, I think.

Oh and apparently I am GBS positive...the m/w made a mistake looking at my chart or something, so yay I've got that to deal with now. I was really tearful about it at first, but I'm feeling a little better. I'm so conflicted as to what to do...though I really think I'm just going to go the antibiotics route. I just keep thinking how could I be positive now, when I was negative last time?

Hugs to all you mamas getting close, it sounds so exciting! I don't feel close at all.

Piglet - I can't believe you're gonna have your baby on Friday! You shoud post a belly pic! I hope your itchiness has subsided and that things get better with your dh. It really is no wonder that you guys have been squabling with all you've been through recently. I think I'd go crazy if dh was home all the time. Especially now that I'm nesting, I'm like, "why are you just sitting there! There's work to be done!" - on the weekends.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#14 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lucysmama sending you much much good birthing vibes......and to mirthfulmom too....it must be so stressing to pass ur due date....
i have done with the baby loundry too and cleaning of the house which was terrible...: and now thinking about knitting.... but since i took a leave from my univeristy (doing research) i think i should do some research at home..: but have no wish to....
very anxiuos for this baby to come out not to feel giulty to be away from school for a long time....but have no signs at all..
i think we are not going on any dates with dh before this baby will be born...since he has to finish up his article this month......
have visited my 70-year-old mw today and felt very happy about the visit... she bought for me many useful things and didnt accept to take a penny.......but there are things that bother me: im not doing much exercise....(almost not at all), no perineal massage ....didnt gain weight this month.......not a single kilo!!!! mw seemed very positive about this...even that there was almost no increase in baby's size.....(measured by ordinary centimeter)....she said not to worry at all...but dh worried...and made me eat liver that i hated!!! ....is there somebody else having problems with food or its just me???? :

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#15 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 08:31 AM

Ann, that's funny, I had the feeling someone was going into labor too last night. I wonder who is is.

Anyway, lots of and vibes to you Katie. I hope it is soon.

Court, sorry about the GBS positive. I am sure you will do the right thing. I am being tested for it on Wed, and am really nervous. Saying lots of : that I test neg.

Quote:
but dh worried...and made me eat liver that i hated!!!
:Puke

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#16 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 09:45 AM

I'm having trouble sleeping so thought I'd check in to see if there were any babies born yet...

It seems our group are the slow cookers. Guess that means we got a lot of really strong, healthy and plump babies joining our group soon.

Court - I'm sorry to read about your GBS test.
#17 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 10:15 AM

So no babies this weekend? Even w/ all the Mt. St. Helen's activity.

qotw: Well this weekend was my time for that. I had a fun Saturday haning out with my sister. Our hubbies had daddy day's so we could just hang out all day and not worry about having to take care of our boys. I went with my sister to get her haircut at this cute lil shop downtown. Then we went out for lunch and chatted and drank coffee. It was so nice. We haven't had a chance to do that in ages. Then we just strolled around looked at some of the shops. Then we went to a mall and stopped in at Victoria's Secret. Picked up a few things. It was so great just to have some long alone time with my sis we don't get that becuase we are always bringing our boys along. Thankfully the 2 guys are like brothers. They are both our first (my sister's last too) and are only 5 1/2 months apart. Totally unplanned that way it just happened.

Sunday we went to his place called The Elegant Farmer. Some of you cheeseheads might know about this place. My sister and her family came, our good freind and her family came, and my Aunt & Uncle. It was a great time except for when I saw my Aunt the first thing she said was "You're Fat!" I said that's very nice. I know she was just teasing and being sweet but come on don't say that to a big bloated preggy lady! So that had me peeved but I still enjoyed my time apple picking and pumpkin picking with everyone. The kids had a blast! Liam loves tractors and they take you on a tractor ride to the apple trees. It was so nice and realaxing. Except for the fact that DH said he watch Liam so I could just realx and well he did a good job but sometimes got too involved with chatting that he wasn't watching Liam. Drives me nuts when he does this! I yell hey where's Liam to get his attention and I know where Liam is but I want DH to wake up and pay closer attention. Then he is getting peeved because we are sitting on these hay bales eating our lunch and Liam is just up and running. DH is getting peeved he won't stay still for more than a minute to two. I just sit and don't say a thing. I'm thinking well hello!! he's a toddler they all don't sit still and eat. They are very distractable! So needless to say DH was in a pissy mood for the rest of the day until we came home and napped then he was better.

So that was my special time before the baby gets here. It was nice to have it!

Sounds like everyone else has nice things planned.

Sending lots of Labor Vibes of to all!

I'm : too that i'll be GBS Neg. I get the results of that and my ultrasound on friday. Needless to say I'm super anxious.

Ekatherina- What a wonderful m/w you have she seems so nice! The whole food thing I'm dealing with too! That is so icky DH made you eat liver. Espically being preganant and sensitive we are too things now!!

Piglet- How exciting your lil one is going to be here Friday!! YEAH!! Hope the itching is getting better.

Amelia- You just remineded me I have to get a tour! I haven't been to this hospital yet! Oops!

Ann- Good for you for getting a doula!!! I used one last time and am going to this time. Sure our hubbies are good supporters but the Doula is just so much more and is there for both of you! I know some hubbies feel like they will take over but any good one will not! Sorry I just feel very passionate about using doulas since they are so wonderful!

Sorry for the long post!!! Just feeling chatty today!
Carrie
#18 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 11:08 AM

QOTW: well, dh and i don't hurt at all for time together...we have always made it a point to get out often just the the two of us...just went out a couple fridays ago with my sis and her dh...the boys stayed at mom's overnight since it had been almost a month since she had seen them...we always go out for supper the night before we go in for the c-section...the boys will stay over night somewhere the night before so we don't have to deliver them the day of delivery, plus we have to be at the hospital at 6:00am. i'm going to let them miss part or all the day of school on the friday of delivery....just have to see how things go...my mom ususally keps the boys while i'm at the hospital, but she just had rotator cuff surgery on fri, so there goes that. my sister will help out for sure, but don't know who else yet.

good luck to all those with pre-labor...hope it amounts to something for you soon....

Carrie
#19 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
oh Court im so sorry you tested GBS pos... but i would advice please dont rush into taking antibiotics...and Carrie i will pray for you too that you test neg...:...please read this site it is very good and it helped me to argue with my mw (old one whom i changed now) about not doing GBS test at all....but anyway you can use it to argue about IV antibiotics at least....except maybe for extreme cases...i dont know long labor, water broke.....
http://www.preciouspassage.com/treat...up_b_strep.htm
Well...yep i know eating liver and not liking it very hard indeed... and just now dh made a deliciuos meat supper (only to make me eat i know) but i couldnt put a piece of meat in my nouth.......i dont know what is that about me and meat....i just can't see it these days...and dh wants me to eat it everyday for the iron levels...(i have normal hematochrit by the way) anyway....its really hard....i want to eat sweets but im convinced its so bad for me and the baby...and also makes dh very upset...and i hate to see him being upset like that... but what can I do with this "can't see healthy food" mood ???? ....sorry for being so depressing....

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#20 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 11:14 AM

Court ... that sucks about the GBS i keep going back and forth on the antibiotics, my thinking is if i can prevent Willow from getting extra tests or an IV, it's worth me getting antibiotics. so we'll be discussing it further when we get to the hospital (time permitting of course).

i was having pretty substantial contractions all night, felt owie but great no other signs really.

today is an NST and the last level 2 u/s ... if my placenta is overly calcified for its age (not uncommon for diabetes even with good control) i know they're going to schedule induction last u/s it was calcifying at a faster rate. at this point i fear induction so much, i wonder if my fear could actually block me from going into labor? (was re-reading Birth From Within which talks about women being blocked by fear.) i don't fear labor or birth, or even pain, i feel very welcoming of those things. i do fear unnatural, pitocin labor however!

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#21 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellybean
i don't fear labor or birth, or even pain, i feel very welcoming of those things. i do fear unnatural, pitocin labor however!
Meli, I hear you about your fears. I just want to toss in my $.02, see if it can soothe your nerves a bit. I was induced at 40wk2days with Hannah, due to gest diab and raising bp. I had been having lots of BH contrax and was slightly dialated when I went into the hosp. I labored on pitocin for 8 hours, drug free (besides the pit) and it really wasn't that bad. I had heard horror stories about being induced, but this wasn't nearly as bad or painful as I had been expecting. Other, experienced mothers told me that I had a very fast, smooth labor. Besides all the interventions of being induced, it wasn't very scary and I feel like I handled things (pain) very well.
I think if your body is already getting ready, then the pit just sort of gives you a little push in the right direction. Not that I'm advocating its use in anything other than a true medical need, but I just don't want you to go into it thinking that having the Pit is going to cause you immense pain and a long horrid birth. You can have a positive birthing experience, even with inducement. HTHs.
#22 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 12:52 PM

What is with these stubborn babies of ours?

Well, as I settled into bed last night, I had my first real contraction. It honestly felt good. As if my body was saying, "yes, this is what is supposed to be going on, we can do this." So, I layed there all hopeful...then I fell asleep. Just one contrax...bah hum bug. I didn't even have cramps bad enough to wake me up last night. That doesn't mean I wasn't up though. Gee, I am tired today! And very grumpy sitting here at my desk at work. And I have just realized it stinks in here...I wonder if the heat has turned on for the first time, that is kind of what it smells like. Ewww.
Well, someone was just so kind and saved me a trip to the mail room. I have a stack of mail to go through, guess I should get moving on it.
I hope someone is making some progress today!
#23 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 01:47 PM

I have hats! Pumpkins, trees, stripey hats.
See pics:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karinl.../ph//my_photos

Those of you who ordered specific hats, please contact me to arrange shipping and $$. PM or email me.
Thanks for your patience, karin
#24 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG Karin those hats are precious!!

OK, a little slow this morning IMO-who's in labor???

Having tons of BH yesterday and today and sharp pains in my groin but it's not time yet...for those that wonder "how do you know?" It's hard to explain and it won't help much as you sit and wait but you "just know" when it's time. Too bad for me this ain't it!

Off to crochet/nest/laundry...
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#25 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 05:12 PM

krnflwr...I pm'd you about the hats

Katie..sending you labor vibes

Sorry I can't remember everyone's posts but I wish you all easy labors soon for those who are due or almost due
#26 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 05:14 PM

39.4 weeks pregnant

Court, I'm gbs positive too, and I was really bummed about it at first. I just got this whole feeling like my plans for how I wanted to labor would have to change and I'd have this stupid IV and feel like a patient, not an empowered birthing woman, and then they'd think it was so great and easy to give me IV fluid cuz I'll have the lock in place anyway and.... blah.

But I thought about it a lot, and considered not taking the antibiotics. But I decided to let time be the determining factor. I'm still going to labor at home for as long as possible--til I'm ready to push, If I can make it that far--which is what I wanted to do in the beginning and will avoid the possibility of many interventions that increase baby's risk of getting sick. Once I get to the hospital, I'll take the antibiotics. If I have time for the two doses, then I'll get them. If not, I won't worry. I also will make it very clear that I do NOT want my membranes ruptured. If my water doesn't break on its own, that baby will be born with it intact.

It's a tough thing, because the risk is so small but the sickness is serious. The reason why I decided to go with the antibiotics--time permitting--was twofold: I can't imagine my baby being taken to the NICU, and I'm not going to expose him to that risk if I can help it; but more than that even, I am birthing in a hospital, and I don't want the midwives, doctors and nurses treating my baby and I like we're in danger, and I don't want the added stress of their judgment. As unfortunate a reality as that may be, it is still the reality.

And actually, what my midwife said about refusing antibiotics was that if I really wanted to do that, the best thing to do would be waiting as long as possible to come in to the hospital. She seemed concerned about hospital staff freaking out on a mom who refused the antibiotics.
#27 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 05:17 PM

My last week of Work!!!

Just turned in my FMLA forms listing Friday as my last day of work. Hopefully I won't go into labor Friday night before I get a chance to rest up!

Met with the midwife yesterday and baby has dropped and is engaged. So this means I'm getting close.... right? But not too close; we have an Ikea run planned for Saturday.

DH finished the Portland Marathon yesterday in 3 hours 57 minutes! I am so proud of him. He said the last 6 miles he felt like he was gonna die and just wanted to quit, but he thought of me going through labor in a couple of weeks and that gave him the strength to keep going. (Or maybe he's just really competitive with me... :LOL )

Still having lots of BH contrax, and it's getting very painful to get up out of bed. Sitting up and then standing is so intense... my whole belly seizes up and my pubic bone is screaming out in pain.

Oh!! I had a baby shower on Saturday. It actually went really well. I only got one package of disposable diapers - and from someone who knows I plan to CD. She said, "I know you plan to use cloth, so I thought you'd need these." And they're in a bigger size, not newborn... So I guess she thinks I'll quit..? Anyway they are scented, so I left them in the car and plan to give them to charity. I am really sensitive to artificially scented products (detergents, perfumes, etc.)

I also got yet another vibrating bouncy chair thingy. People are just crazy for these things, aren't they? Just don't think I need one in every room. So it went back to Target and I got a fancy digital thermometer and the cutest Winnie the Pooh nightlight.

Got lots of super soft and cute clothes, and also tons of useful stuff (bathtub and Burt's Bees products, Lands End diaper bag, etc.) It was fun.

One more thing: One of DH's coworkers called me last night and said his office is planning a surprise baby shower for DH! They want me to show up, too. Isn't that sweet?! He will be soooo surprised and probably embarrassed. He's one of those guys that doesn't even like anyone to know when it's his birthday. He also didn't tell anyone at work he was running the marathon, so I'll get to announce that too.
#28 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 05:35 PM

MamaEmerald - I think we feel the same on the GBS subject. To me the benefits of antibiotics outweigh the risks of my baby getting neonatal sepsis. I'm having a homebirth and I just can't imagine after all that having to go to the hospital and admit my baby. The m/w said when I'm in active labor or if my water breaks, then they will offer me the antibiotics. After the bag drains in, I'll just have the lock in, so it's not too horrible I guess. I can still walk around and stuff holding the bag. But I just didn't want to have to hassle with anything like that. I keep thinking it's so weird because people who test negative at 36 weeks could theoretically be positive at 40 weeks and not even know it. blah, I know it's a dead horse around here. Thanks for the hugs everybody, I needed them.

Nancy- congrats to your dh for running the marathon! That's awesome. And I'm glad your baby shower went well. The surprise shower for your dh sounds so sweet. About the vibrating bouncy chairs - we had one with Logan and just didn't use the vibrating feature cause it freaked him out a bit. But it was useful when I needed to take a quick shower and he was awake - I could put him in the chair with the little seatbelt on and he would bat at the little toys while I showered. I had the curtain half open so I could look at him. Anyways, for moments like that and going potty and stuff - it came in handy....but you're right, you certainly don't need one for every room.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#29 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 05:42 PM

What with all my me me me blah blah blah, I forgot to comment on everyone else's news!

Courtney, sorry to hear about the GBS + test.

Piglet, you're having your baby this Friday? That is so exciting!! Hope you're getting some rest and enjoying your last few days as a mommy to one. I wonder if anyone else will have one this week....

Bluehalo, time to take the phone off the hook.

Mirthful, hope you're staying comfortable. Any day now...

OK that's the limit to my preggo brain memory! Everyone else - let's have some babies already!! I need to hear some birth stories! :LOL
#30 of 296 Old 10-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Still pregnant, still staying busy! I didn't manage to post last week because by the time I had a chance to check in on the boards there were already so many posts that I just found it too overwhelming! Silly of me, eh?

I'm still working full-time- I have four daycare kids now who ask me everyday, "Is the baby coming out?" One little boy has been especially sweet, wanting to rub and kiss my belly everyday. He just happens to have been born at home himself and was caught by the same midwife that I am using.

I can kind of empathize with all of you mamas with toddlers at home, only in my case I at least get a break when they all go home at 5:30!

Just had an appointment with my midwife- all of my prenatals have been at my house and scheduled during the kids' nap time- how's that for convienance? Anyhow, everything is looking good- I still feel great, eating normally, sleeping just fine, no real complaints to speak of. DH and I just feel like we're in a holding pattern- everyday we're just waiting to see if something is going to happen.

QOTW: DH and I went to see a movie this weekend, The Forgotten. A relative suggested that we see a movie together before the baby is born because it will be a while before we're able to do that again. It seemed like a good idea so we went to the theatre, but had to laugh when we realized that it had been at least 6 months since we'd been to the movies anyhow, baby or no baby...

Gotta go check on the kids- someone is waking up...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page