Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
October Mamas Roll Call

momtol&a
Yoga mama
snugglebutter 10/01
mirthfulmum 10/03 BOY! Harrison
*prediction: last week of Sept, 8 hrs labour*
*Born 10/6, 12:30 pm, 7lbs 11ozs* Congratulations!
TracyK 10/04
mhurst 10/04
kraftykathy 10/04 *prediction: Oct 4, short labour, girl*
*A girl! Willow Cerridwen born Oct 13, 12:27 pm, 9lbs, 22 in*
Congratulations!
Jillerina 10/04 *prediction: Oct 6, 6 hrs labour*
*A boy! Leo born 10/09, 9lbs 9oz* Congratulations!
water 10/06
KateMary 10/06 *Ruby Ava born 09/25*
Proudly AP 10/08
MamaEmerald 10/08
nikwik 10/8 GIRL!
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY! Miles Rocket
*Miles Rocket born Oct 12, 1:46 pm, 6 lbs 10 oz* Congratulations!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
mellybean 10/10 GIRL! Willow
jamaicanmom 10/10
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
ashleepurdie 10/12 *prediction: boy, 12 hours easy labour*
*Ella Lucille born 10/6, 10:22 pm, 7.5 lbs, 21.25"* Congratulations!
momadance 10/13 BOY! Reed Jezmund
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! Emma Grace *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 *Twins! Owen and Gwynnen born 9/25*
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam scheduled cesarian October 8
*Sasha Adam, Oct 8, 21.5 in, ? lbs* Congratulations!
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Ekatherina 10/22
Momma2Liam 10/24 *prediction: boy, 10/31, 9 hrs and 45 min labour*
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
AngelBee 10/25 BOY! Angelo Richard
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Hey, I can't be the only one awake so far!
My first time starting the thread.... So what am I supposed to say.... I've got stagefright all of a sudden.

Carrie suggested "What have you been craving?" as QOTW... I've been craving MEAT the whole pregnancy. I've even given in and eaten McDonald's Big 'n' Tasty's on several occasions. (Which, IMHO, is a really suggestive name for a hamburger. ) And of course, there's always ICECREAM. It is my policy to give in to all cravings. Which is probably why I've gained 50 pounds.... :LOL

Well, this is my first day in my new job as SAHM. Guess I'll go out for coffee and then get a manicure.... then meet my sister for lunch and stroll around the yuppie shopping district... Isn't that what you SAHMs do all day? Heh heh Just kidding! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good Morning Nancy!

I forgot to let you all know of a name change. I remembered that I hadn't update everyone when I looked over our weekly roll call.

We decided to give Harrison no middle name, just Harrison. After much debating and going back and forth we decided to follow Dh's father's family tradition of no middle name. As Dh is telling everyone, we gave Harrison his dad's middle name.

Boy this nusing at the keyboard takes a bit of skill and practice!

ETA: Oh and Amie had asked about Harrison's birth weight... he was 7lbs 11ozs.
#3 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
QOTW-just junk! I ate a whole bag of candy corn in only about 5 days-so sad. This is why we don't keep chips/cookies in the house normally but lately I've been shopping hungry and that's very bad! Also been eating Trader Joe's ginger animal crackers like they were going out of style.
Gotta gt a grip or I'll gain 5 lbs this week!

Can't wait to see who's next!!

Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#4 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 03:08 PM

QOTW: What have I been craving? Donuts. This local orchard sells apple cider donuts, made with their homemade cider and they are sooooooooo good. Donuts are my biggest no-no food, and here I am, gobbling them up. I must have had a dozen last week.

Not much to report. Had contractions all day, evening, and night. Still having them, but they are light and irregular. Sigh. I'm gonna be pregnant forever.....
#5 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 03:35 PM

QOTW- nothing in paticular... I went through an avacado phase earlier in the preg.

Just got back from the mw. I'm measuring 43, and baby's hb is 133. Same old same old, although I've finally come to the realization that this babe's probably going to be close to 10lbs! Miles was 9.7.
#6 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 04:37 PM

40w 3d

hey mamas! boy am I getting ready to pop. my belly has been contracting so much, but every time I think something's gonna happen........ nope. But my contractions are still getting a lot heavier. I've been rubbing my nipples and going on walks and doing whatever I can! I suppose I shouldn't rush the little guy, but I'm ready to get this show on the road!

I should calm down. I guess part of this scares me a little, because my mother was induced at 42 and a half weeks after showing NO signs of labor, and I just don't want to face that decision. The "how long is too long" thing just doesn't sound fun. I know that most "over due" babies show no signs of genuine post maturity, but it is a little bit scary anyway. But my mom's situation was an exception, and I need to not forget that.

as for the QOTW, the only think that I've really been craving much throughout this pregnancy is chocolate. Otherwise, I get a dull urge to eat some highly processed crap here or there, but I'm not sure that I consider it really a "craving." But now I'm gonna go eat some cookies.
#7 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 04:39 PM

So the nesting urge has kicked in full swing this morning. I've dusted, vaccuumed the whole house-upstairs and down, swept--to get ready to mop, organized our bedroom, washed windows and got the boys lunch. Baby can come anytime

QOTW: I have craved seafood off and on with this little one. My "sinful" addiction has been in just the last week when someone gave us a HUGE bag of tootsie rolls. I told dh to hide them this morning. That is about it. I will get hungry for something, but I try not to give into all of my cravings.
#8 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 04:52 PM

I am in the same boat with you Gottaknit as far as giving in to your cravings! For most of the pregnancy I was craving raviolies and then it went to cheeseburgers- those real big ones!! and now it's just about any kind of meat. Oh- and I shouldn't forget the chocolate There are 2 bags of candy in my freezer at the moment. These Halloween candy sales make it so easy. I have gained about 40 pounds so far. It all keeps me happy

I have been having 1 real strong full contraction per day for the last couple of days. There is also the mini contractions, the BH, the back ache, the cramping. It also takes me a while to make it out of the chair or the car. I have to hold onto the top of the car and pull myself out! Oh and I am definitely in with those of you with the night sweats. I wake up totally drenched and by the morning my short hair is stuck up in a mohawk and I am definitely ripe

I have been so very emotional that all I can say is my dh is a saint. We had this discussion last week about frosting for my ds birthday cake. I was supposed to take care of the frosting (new recipe) and he would take care of the cake. The cake was baked and cooled and I asked him to take care of the frosting because I had just gotten up from a nap and didn't think that I was in the right frame of mind to be trying a new recipe. That is when he noticed that it would take about 2 hrs to make the frosting and we had 45 minutes until the birthday party started so I start off on a rampage that it's all his fault because he should have baked the cake earlier and what does he expect from me, it's not like I would have actually read the directions before hand or anything!!! Then I picked up a tupperware container, threw it at his feet, yelled some profanities and stomped up to my bedroom, slammed the door shut and proceeded to cry. My poor dh. We ended up making up later, where I apologized profusely.
I am officially done with work this Thursday and I cannot wait!! I get to be SAHM for at least the next 12 months. Things have been pretty slow so I am able to try and stay up to date on the things going on in this thread.
I am still waiting to see what my DH decides to do for work. He is interested in getting into legal work, but has to finish his degree first. He also has been working on and off for about 15 years at a local bakery and we have always toyed with the idea of buying it. He sat down with the owner this weekend and had a long talk. I'm going to cross my fingers and have faith in the powers that be that all will work out right. It usually does.
You are all amazing women and it strengthens me know that you are all out there! My friends at work ask me if the Doc said that the baby is coming early. I said," How would the doc know? She's not the baby." Most of the women here don't have any children and are so amazed that I actually WANT to go through labor. Thank goodness for you all!!
Thanks meli for posting those links for the mandalas. I printed a whole bunch down this weekend and have really gotten into coloring. My ds and dd love the animal ones.

Sending out good labor vibes to all you mamas that need it!!!

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#9 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 06:15 PM

hello! i haven't too many overwhelming cravings except early on all i wanted was fruit. i will still go for a lot of fruit if we are eating somewhere other than home and it is offered, but haven't been buying like i did.

had a checkup today. all is well. baby's heart rate was 148. i have measured 39 the last three times (actually today was 39.5) he said the head is pretty far down. my bp was an all time low of 106/68!! with my history of PE that is awesome!

to all you mamas contracting all the time with no results...it'll come

so i see my dr. next mon then again on thurs to do all my pre-op stuff then meet our baby on FRIDAY (the 22nd)! only 11 more days!

carrie
#10 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 06:24 PM

QOTW: meat, meat and more meat. I can't seem to get enough protein...meat, cheese, nuts, beans. With Hannah, all I craved was sweets but this time I'm all about steak and sushi and bean burritos. As I sit here eating my mom's apple pie....hee hee hee.
Oops, just realized what time it is. I need to head out to my OB/mw appt. Talk to all you mamas later.
#11 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 06:38 PM

40wks 1day

my tests were all normal today, no pre-e stuff and we have no idea why it keeps coming and going. my BP today was 116/60. the dr. didn't even hint induction to me, i think she's learning. it was a madhouse in L&D, birthing mamas stuck in the tiny triage rooms, i am SO glad i'm not in labor right now!! everybdy must have been trying to keep warm last January

qotw: Taco Bell! specifically 2 soft tacos with sour cream and no lettuce. i've craved that the whole pregnancy. making tacos at home doesn't satisfy the craving, i have to make a run for the border

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#12 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 07:01 PM

hahhaha, i love reading about all the cravings!

i unfortunately have nothing interesting to add. i now find red meat tolerable (normally i can't stand it) which is good cause my third tri bloodwork showed minor anemia. dh is very enthusiastic about my eating beef - i think he misses it normally since he doesn't usually cook what i don't eat.

oh, in very early pregnancy i craved boston market chicken. i ate there every day for a week and loved it. then suddenly, it became my strongest and only lasting food aversion. one day i'll go back there. maybe.

glad to hear all the good news about low blood pressure and no pre-e. things here are good too. no major news. continued BH contractions, cramping enough to wake me up last night, lots of pelvic pressure... things feel like they are progressing, i just hope they don't progress too fast. i think i'm going to go a bit early but i'd like to be pregnant at least another week. seems reasonable.

oh, and i LOVE the pictures and birthstories!!!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#13 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 07:44 PM

QOTW: Um I've craved pretty much everything. Definitely meat and protein stuff. I went through an Indian food obsession as well. Now it's hard to keep me away from cookies. By the way, all you ladies craving meat, that usually means BOY.

Nancy- that pic of your dh is hillarious, I should get one of those for mine.

Mirthful- I love reading your updates and I'm so glad Alias is adjusting well. Oh how I look forward to those explosive poops. Thanks for the EPO tip, I'm buying some today. That's one thing I've been worried about is the hormonal post partum crap. My midwife said she's gathering together some herbal stuff for me too. And thanks for the Piglet update, glad to hear all is well.

Sunshinegal- All the stuff you said about being emotional and taking it out on dh- I'm right there with ya. I've had to explain to dh- just ignore me and don't take it personally. I seemed to have lost that filter in my brain that keeps me from saying the bitchiest most unreasonable things. Dh was cleaning the toilet the other day w/ a paper towel - and I HAD to tell him that he was doing it wrong -holding the towel wrong or something. I've lost my mind. I really feel like I'm looking for an excuse to get into a fight w/ him- like I must need to vent or something.

Lucysmama-we can be pregant forever together.

Glad the tests were normal Meli!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#14 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 07:51 PM

ummmm, small update. maybe i am having cravings, just nothing consistent. i just ate the most delicious, most satisfying, most delectable bag of cheesey poofs ever. well, technically they weren't the poofs. they were the cheese crunchies. bright orange. at least they were from trader joes so the ingredients weren't bad. did i mention how cheesey they were? mmmmmm...

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#15 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 PM

Can I come whine again???? Where is my baby? I swear the baby is so low, all I have to do is dilate and the thing will just pop right out. I never felt DS this low. I remember in labor it hurting to relax all the muscles in pelvic floor to pee, and I guess it was him moving down. Well I feel that already. Like when I poop I wonder if I'm going to see a head :LOL. Katie, I was worried about going longer than we all thought too, but I honestly believed there was no way the baby would even make it to 37 weeks the way I had been having contractions and the baby was moving down. Now I hardly have contractions. It makes no sense!!!! MW was kind enough to share a story of another mw who had such bad preterm labor, she was on brethine and doing yoga poses to keep baby in...she went to 42 weeks . I just tried going for a walk but it started to rain on me. Maybe if I just start doing jumping jacks?

On a nice note my mom bought me a cleaning service, and my house is getting cleaned tomorrow, I am SOOOO excited for that!

MW appt in the morning, I really didn't think I'd have to go see her again. Grrrr.

Bought more EPO. Inserting pills inside you is definitely a new and interesting experience.

Cravings: I really want chocolate. Maybe I'll make some cookies tonight.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#16 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 09:26 PM

Me too. I'm going to be pregnant forever too.

I never thought I'd be pregnant past last week end, never mind this one. I know I still have plenty of time, but I am so ready to see this baby.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow too and like trueblue, I never thought I would make it to this one. Baby's head has been engaged for weeks and my bladder is an almost zero capacity. Oh and I am getting that feeling like the head should be popping out everytime I go to the bathroom!

Wow, a few weeks back I never would have guessed that I could sound so whiny.

I'm just feeling a little down today. I'm with all of you on the mood swing thing. I've cried several times today. Tomorrow will probably be better. I find that I'm alternating optimistic days and pessimistic days right now. Let's hope tomorrow brings change!

QOTW - Nothing specific. Sweets mostly. I'm snacking quite a bit right now. At the festival we were at this weekend they had these wonderful old fashioned apple fritters fried in this gigantic iron cauldron. They were just super tasty and completly unhealthy!!!! I'm also enjoying cafe mochas too. But what I really want is a giant fish bowl sized glass of wine. Someday!

Kathy

kathy::
#17 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 09:28 PM

38 Weeks; 6 days

Happy Monday, all!

QOTW: My cravings have been rooted in comfort food from my childhood. Of course, that means all sorts of healthy food like mac 'n cheese, grilled cheese, potato chips, PBJ, chicken fried steak, potatoes and corn (did I mention I was raised in Kansas?!?) And, of course, cheeseburgers. I haven't had red meat in something like 2 years and this pregnancy brought it all back for me. Mind you, I don't really want steak as much as good ol' cheeseburgers! Luckily, there's a good deal of organic meat here in Portland. During my 1st and 2nd trimesters, I had a lot of food aversions - I couldn't stand fish or garlic. Mind you - it was so bad I couldn't even think of them without wanting to hurl. So glad that's passed because I love garlic and fish too.

Looking forward to more baby stories! Congrats on all you mommas who have birthed so far!
#18 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 09:29 PM

Hey we haven't heard from Ekatherina in hours....think she had her baby???

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#19 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 10:03 PM

I have been craving things like chocolate, ice cream (our store had a special on Friendly's ice cream and their Forbidden Chocolate Explosion flavor is so, so, so, so good!! ). I stocked up on it, since normally it is expensive, but so yuuuumy!! I have also had meat cravings, things like hot dogs, lunchean meats (which I heat up to steaming), hamburgers, steak. Really weird, since normally I hate hot dogs. I ate more this pregnancy than I have eaten in the last 10 years. LOL

I am also looking foreword to hearing some more birth stories. I hate to think that we will ALL go late. Come on' ladies, get birthing!! I am getting nervous that so many people are going later, makes me think I will be late after all. I really want an Oct. baby, NOT a Nov. baby. LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#20 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 11:04 PM

Mirthfulmum- I really enjoyed reading your post partum update. That's cute your Dh telling people that Harrison has his grandpa's mn :LOL He weighted the same as Ember did

QOTW- I haven't really had any specific cravings...and I haven't really had much food desire at all. At times though I was wanting dessert everynight, and calorie dense stuff like cheesecake at one point, and of course now pumpkin pie. Some days for lunch that's what I've felt like. Maybe because I am not interested in snacking between meals like usual I am making up for the lost calories by indulging in dessert. Only problem is now Ember wants dessert everynight after dinner too :LOL

It was kinda nice yesterday having everyone ooohh and aaahh over my belly. We had a really great dinner and I ate as much as I do normally on such an occasion and paid for it later with indigestion...not the smartest thing to do

Sunshinegal and others feeling the same way...here are some s This last strech is by far the hardest I think emotionally...luckily it sounds like your Dh's are pretty understanding (or at least tolerant, hehe). My Dh is trying to quit smoking right now...which of course I really want him to do and all, but I could throttle him for chosing NOW to do it

At least misery loves company and we are all feeling whiny about still being pregnant :LOL Amy, same think happened to my friend who just had her baby in Sept. she went right to and a day or so over her DD, not that you want to hear that!
#21 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 11:33 PM

I got 3 "Where is the baby???" calls today. : And nobody even knows my EDD! My brother was like, "No, but SERIOUSLY, Katie, when is the baby coming?" I think he thought I was being coy when I said I had no idea. I explained how normal pregnancy lasts 38-42 weeks, blah blah. And he was like, "Well, I just have a lot of stuff to do in the next couple of weeks and I am curious as to when the baby is going to be born!" I was like, "Ummm, if it was up to me, I'd have a 2 week old, ok?"

He also told me that my GRANDPARENTS, who are in their 70s, are all kinds of wigged out about how the baby is not going to fit down MY birth canal. Apparently, my family finds it completely appropriate to talk about the size of my vagina to one another. I was like, "Do they know something that I don't about my yoni???" And my brother said, "Well, you know.....they think Lucy couldn't fit, so this baby won't either, and you're having this homebirth..." They think I am being a real moron even attempting a VBAC, let alone at home. Ugh! I just want to lock myself in a closet alone and come out when I have had my baby.

To top it all off, I have to go to yet another prenatal tomorrow and talk about how nothing has changed, how many BHs I am still having, blah blah. It's a depressing thought.
#22 of 268 Old 10-11-2004, 11:39 PM

Hearing all of your cravings makes me feel SO much better...I've been feeling so guilty about overindulging. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm so envious of you ladies who can keep up here! I'm still checking in, and loving every minute of it when I get the chance to pop in. Still teaching...I think I'm crazy, but it's really going quite well. I swear part of my motivation to be there is to be surrounded by our incredible staff, a bunch of awesome women who couldn't BE more supportive and excited about this baby on the way - especially after our past troubles. Although, some of the parents at school are rude in the things they say. How dare I interrupt their child's school year by having a baby? How selfish! (Not said in so many words, but definitely insinuated...)

Soooo...I've got a whole lot of NOTHIN' going on labor-wise...although I could probably convince myself that I'm feeling things I'm really not.

Love reading the stories, welcome babies, hang in there everyone!
#23 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 01:05 AM

speaking of cheesy poofs, that's funny, i've been craving Andy Capp Cheddar Fries like crazy for the last two weeks! my husband has been to every store we can think of trying to find them, all they have is Hot Fries. but i need that cheesy flavor!

{{{hugs}}} to all the moody mamas out there!

Lucysmama, and anyone else who has people interested in their yonis ... you could start VNN, the Vagina News Network, to keep your family informed my in-laws haven't mentioned my nether regions per se but they seem quite freaked out that i'm past my EDD.

converse of food cravings ... what have your food aversions been? the aversions started early and have stayed with me. i used to love root beer, then the wintergreen part made me really sick. i haven't been able to eat any processed low-carb foods without getting horrible tummy cramps, i think it's the sugar substitutes. most of my aversions have been smell-based ... i can't handle "stinky cheese" i.e. anything with more odor than cheddar, even asiago and Swiss which used to be my favorites. i refuse to eat cantaloupe because it "smells like feet" which drives Pan nuts because he wants to know what i think feet smell like *lol*

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#24 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluexf
Maybe if I just start doing jumping jacks?
This cracked me up, because when I was overdue with Lucy, I would MARCH around the house every night. Knees up really high, march, march, march. Up the steps, march march march. Back down again, march, march, march. Every so often I would stop to squat. Not sure exactly what I thought marching would do....it didn't do anything. :LOL
#25 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Lucysmama, and anyone else who has people interested in their yonis ... you could start VNN, the Vagina News Network, to keep your family informed

I've been completely emotional, too. Although it's been much better this week. Usually I'll start yelling at my dh, and he'll just take it, and at some point, he'll say something nice and sweet that makes me realize how rotten I am, and then I'll sit there simultaneously with tears streaming down my face and laughing. Pretty much just laughing at how amazingly trivial the things are that I get mad at him for!!!

QOTW: No specific cravings here. Love, love, love chocolate in small doses and itty bitty root beer floats (small scoop of ice cream, 1/3 can root beer) and ummm.... protein, too. mmmmmmmm....

Seems like Ekatherina had her baby??? Haven't heard from in so long!!! Hope she's doing well!
#26 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 03:03 AM

I just bought some Evening Primrose Oil tonight as well as some Bach's rescue remedy. I've scoured the last thread to find where you guys were talking about dosage- and I can't for the life of me find it. Sorry to be a pain, but if someone could remind me. The bottle says 1000 mg a day, but I think someone mentioned to take more - or was that just when you insert it?

Katie- sorry your family is being so annoying about your due date. I would have been livid if I knew people were discussing my ability to birth my child. You need to be hearing supportive things right now, not doubts and worries. People (like my mom) keep asking what my EDD is, like it means something- so I just say, "well I'll be 40 weeks on the 21st, but the baby could come anytime..." They act as if I have 2 heads when I say that, it's like no one believes me.

Hmm, maybe we haven't heard from Ekatherina because of the time difference (her being in Japan and all). But, I have a feeling that she may indeed have her baby....she was having lots of cramps....

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#27 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
No no everyone, I'm still pregnant.......Court is right time difference is the reason why i don;t write while you do...between you and JApan where i live...i was so happy in the morning because i was having some strong contractions all night and woke up with this cramping and backache..lost some part of my mucus plug also..but my mw called she said she wants to come and check on me (i actuallly felt disappointed because i planned to go for shopping and walking to speed things up) and now she came and checked me (only externally) and said that the baby won't come out before a week or so...!!! but how can she know?? i mean i still have cramps and stuff and I AM GOING for a long walk but can she be wrong??? please tell me she can be wrong because im feeling sooooooooo down, since i was expecting that something will happen between today or tomorrow...could she tell that because my BP was 90/60?? (same throughout pg).....i mean is there some way to tell that the baby isn;t coming...i do feel him low and his head really low...and do feel pain like he is going down....ok ill stop nagging sorry but big big for all of us who is waiting waiting waiting ....hold on!!! akh reading mirthfulmom post brought my mood up...after all its all worth it to hold ur baby...just a little waiting..no?....
cravings... since my dh is feeding me ONLY healthy food all my pg i can say i craved everything unhealthy... i did buy yesterday chocolate but can't eat it as much as i can (dh is watching me all the time )...but well at least i know i have chocolate near me......
Lucysmama ....don;t care about what they say...you will show them all you can do it...noone knows ur body better than you.....
much much borth vibes to everyone....

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#28 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 03:46 AM

Ekatherina - I don't THINK there is anyway to tell when a woman will deliver, even if you exam her internally, but especially if you only examine her externally!

I wouldn't give up any hope, but I would plan to be pregnant for at least another week since you are still awhile from your due date, and it is your first baby. Statistically, you are likely to go to or a little beyond that. Probably not what you want to hear, huh? But keep going for walks, maybe have some sex if you feel like it, and some orgasms, and that'll help the baby along!!!

to all of us still pregnant! We sure are taking this baby-cooking seriously, aren't we?!?!

ETA: Happy Due Date to me!
#29 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 03:48 AM

in love....

Hello everyone! I will post a proper birth story asap, just wanted to pop in and say hello. came home today, a bit overwhelming at moments (DD wants only me now) but overall i'm very happy!

can i just say it's so nice to not be pregnant anymore? :LOL don't worry ladies, you will all be here soon! of course, i'm in recovery from surgery, so no more active than i was a couple days ago, but at least my clothes fit a bit better.

oh yeah, anyone want to explain to me how I gave birth to a 7 lb 8 oz boy, but have only lost FIVE pounds?

emily did SUPER while i was in hospital. in fact, she and DH are in bed asleep. he put her down. with me here. and she didn't ask for me or milkies. omg....this is huge to me. sasha and i will be joining them in bed shortly.

i'll try to write more soon. just wanted to say hello. felt all the love from you ladies, missed you all tons.

i love having a teeny tiny newborn again!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#30 of 268 Old 10-12-2004, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome Home Piglet! So glad to hear from you. Glad things are going well and hope your recovery is quick. Can't wait to hear more.
Blessings and much rest
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page