week of October 18....who's birthday is *this* week? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Go Katie, Go Katie! Thinking of you and sending you lots of speedy labor vibes-hang in there mama!!

Sending you the same Court!! Hope things pick up for you too. Here's some labor dust

Nothing to report here-of course,I still have a week till my official due date. DH is going on his biz trip today and won't be back until late Fri night-I'm mad at him. I told him it's "unlikely" this babe will come but you never know and if he's gone when this babe is born I'll never forgive him! He thinks since this is the 3rd one it's just no big deal! AARRGG! My m/w kind of rolled her eyes with a concerned look when I told her but she said I'll "probably" be fine-famous last words. She said soak in a warm bath and have some wine if things do start and that should slow them down-ha-not for 20 hrs though!
OK, done venting.

Take care all. Can't wait for more announcements!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#122 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 12:52 PM

Every time I log on I get all tingly with anticipation. All this talk of labour but no baby announcements yet! But I'm pretty sure today will bring us some lovely baby news!

Meli - Happy to hear about Willow's turn around re. nursing but sorry about her mild upper respiratory infection. Now that she's back to nursing like a champ, give her planty of breast milk. Breast milk is the best medicine for babies. It is an incredible immune system booster.

We're all rooting for you Katie! You are one strong woman. You are going to do wonderfully.

Thinking happy labour inducing thoughts for all who need it, esp. Courtney.

And where oh where is Amie? Holding little Oakley I hope.
#123 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 01:24 PM

Posting without even having finished reading the thread but I am gonna be out again most of the day and wanted to let you know I am still here :LOL

Congrats Mandi!! Welcome Jillian !!

Katie- This is IT! Good luck and smooth labour vibes!!

Yay Nancy- hope you go soon too!

Court- sounds like Zander is gonna arrive before Oakley, I didn't get the sweep done yesterday b/c his head is still up high...my cervix was a little more effaced than last week but that's about it.

So I don't know what's going on with all this fluidy discharge...
Goodness, this morning when I got out of bed I had a small gush of fluid that made about a 4" wet spot in my underwear (I had this happen a few days back if you remember but it was only about a Tbsp.) But I haven't continued to leak thus far this morning, and plus my midwife said where Oakley's head is at, if my water broke it'd really break...
#124 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 01:46 PM

I couldn't help myself and I checked Susan's blog. Hope she doesn't mind I'm breaking her big news.

http://sanfordanderson.com/beananderson/

Congratulations Susan!!! : :
#125 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

OK, Nancy! I just got off the phone with my doula and we talked about all the calls I had thought about leaving a message on Friday about the stats of babies being born on edds, :LOL and folks will be called when the baby is born and if folks suspect they aren't on the list to leave pertinent information so they can be added. (and if you are calling for some other reason, please leave a message. ) My doula mentioned I could update it (not with labor info tho so mil and little sister or bil won't make their way to our private hb), with birth information, so the folks who don't get the picture that they *will* be called will get the info and can leave a congratulatory message and then they can be marked off the list.

I think we'll need to change our message this pm.....
#126 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 01:53 PM

Well, dtd befor bed ( after celebrating for the SOX) and was woken at about 4 by some good painful hugs, they've stayed at 6-8 minutes apart. I've been able to do some napping on and off, and I'm getting ready to go on another walk. There the most managable while I'm standing. Walking gets them pretty close. Just wanted to give alittle up date

Looks like court katie and I are cruising along!
#127 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 02:00 PM

Yay and welcome tot the worls little Kennedy! She is so cute. I'll save my big congratulations until Susan mkes her official annoucement though.

: : : : : : : : : : :

Looks like we may be having 3 little babes today! Strong and happy labours to Court Katie and momadance

I am going to be driving Dh up the wall today as I just know I'm going to be checking online every 5 minutes today.
#128 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance
Well, dtd befor bed ( after celebrating for the SOX)

: This cracks me up. We also "celebrated for the SOX" last night. But it didn't work for me. Oh well.

Wonder if there'll be a babyboom in July for all those sox fans...?

BTW, Great News!! Good luck to you! Can't wait to hear more announcements!
#129 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 03:09 PM

go-go-go laboring girls!!! w00t!! i love checking in here to see all the baby vibes, it's like watching sports *lol* (how 'bout those Red Sox?!)

i have an awkward question. i feel silly and petty even asking it but, here goes: can i honestly say i had a natural labor that changed into a c-birth? i had 2 small shots of stadol at 26 and 28 hours, so i feel like i threw a natural birth out the window. i didn't want to offend anyone here at MDC who has had totally drug-free labors! but it's too long to always spell it out, kwim?

LOL at next July's babyboom!!!

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#130 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 03:19 PM

Wow that would have been cool if we could have "celebrated" last night (DH wasn't home)..instead I was curled up with my tiny man (who coudln't sleep and I just had to watch the game, so I was like, ok fine just come sit and be quiet LOL). I want to have a baby the day after the curse was broken too!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#131 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 03:38 PM

Greta Marie was born on Tuesday, Oct. 19th at 5:33 PM. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 13 ozs and was 20" long. Her birth was very intense and fast once I really got into labor and she was born 100% naturally, no medical interventions at all!! She came out a little bruised from her fast descent, so they kept us at the hospital for 2 nights, for fear of jaundice (hence why I couldn't update you earlier.). She is nursing like a champ, and tandem nursing is going well!! Big sister LOVES her new little sister!!

I didn't get a chance to read all the stories, just scolled down to see who was in labor and who gave birth.

CONGRATS to MANDI and SUSAN!!! Happy Birthday to your babies!!

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#132 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 04:20 PM

Congratulations Amelia!!! : :
Greta Marie is a beautiful name.

Meli, I think you have one of the most inspirational birth stories I've ever read. You are an amazingly strong woman to have gone through natural labor for sooo long (even up to transition!) As far as I'm concerned, you can call your labor/birth anything you want. Anyone who is offended by semantics needs to get a life. It's not a competition. So yes, you had a natural labor that changed into a c-birth.
#133 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 04:29 PM

Just read some more of the messages. Happy labor to Katie and Court. I hope you already are holding your babies by now!!!

I had to laugh at the Red Sox Fans. Ever since we moved to New England, DH has become a HUGE Red Sox fan, and before he couldn't care less about them. He has been religiously watching the games every night and cheering for them. He is even buying Red Sox shirts. Good thing Greta is a girl, otherwise, he would be trying to dress her in Red Sox clothes. :LOL. I could NOT permit that. :LOL

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#134 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 04:54 PM

Congratulations Amelia!!! and Welcome to the world Greta!

Congratulations Susan, Kennedy looks so precious and sweet

Hang in there Katie, I hope labor picks up soon for you! And keep updating as much as you like

Thanks for all the vibes and encouragement everyone!

Well I had lots of good "early labor" yesterday...cntrx that hurt in my back and felt like menstrual cramps sort of. (I was even having the loose BM's) Cntrx were 8 min apart, 60 sec long for the most part. Logan nursed a bit and brought them to 2-3 min apart and very painful, then when he stopped they spaced out to 5-7 min apart for awhile. I guess they sort of spaced out really far after that, cause I went to sleep. So, I'm really bummed out today, but trying not to be. I just got too excited. Still having regular cntrx, but not painful. Talked to my mw, and she was like, "well, like I said, the stretch and sweep will put you into labor IF your ready..." She may do another one over the weekend, if I want I feel so stupid for being so impatient, it's only my due date. I kept telling myself to expect to go at least a week over, but I really really just want to push this baby out. I got a good night sleep last night, so maybe something will kick in now that I'm rested. Though, what are the chances, it is my due date. But, hey if the Sox can pull off what they did...

Hi Amie! Happy due date to you too! I'm not so sure Zander will come before Oakley, you never know...

Nancy- you're still crackin' me up!

Soogie- re sleep aid, what about Hyland's Calms Forte? I take that occasionally. It's not terribly strong but it's relaxing enough to help you fall asleep usually. Hope you get some rest!

And ((((labor vibes)))) to everyone!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#135 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 05:01 PM

Congrats Amelia!!!!! Welcome, baby Greta!!!
and
Congrats Susan, and welcome little Kennedy!

No active labor here yet.... still in limbo-land waiting for that higher gear to shift in.
#136 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 05:10 PM

Congratulations Amelia!!! Welcome Greta!!!! I'm so glad things went so well for you.

OMG!!! I made my 1000th post!!! WOW!!!!

And Katie....I hope things start to really pick up for you soon!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#137 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 05:27 PM

: congrats Amelia and welcome Greta! :
: congrats Susan, and welcome Kennedy! :

gottaknit: thank you *tosses semantics out the window*

Red Sox outfits: who says girls can't wear 'em?! i'm hoping my MIL will buy Willow one

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#138 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 05:32 PM

Congratulations, Amelia!!!!!

And congrats to Susan, too (whenever we hear from you, lol).

Sasha has been nursing constantly it seems for the last couple of days. My back is sore! And he doesn't seem to like his bassinet much today, either. Part of me needs a break on my back, part of me is sort of glad b/c it was too easy to pop him in there. He's in the sling right now, where he seems to be fairly happy, so that's good. Emily didnt' like being in the sling at home, only out for walks.

Nancy, I had to crack up at your fight with your DH. Me and my DH were sure scrapping alot. At one point he said he couldn't wait for the baby to come out so he could have his old wife back again, lol. I guess I was pretty crabby, though who can blame us?!! Anyways, since Sasha's been born things have been much better between us. A friend came by the other day and commented on how peaceful and rested we looked, as opposed to when she'd seen us before the birth, and said we both looked totally stressed out, lol! Funny how having a baby is the thing you look forward to as an end to the stress - I guess most people would find it the other way.

Life with 2 continues to be good. But I sort of panicked yesterday realizing that I have DH at home right now and what will I do when he starts work? I'm torn between wanting an income again (rather then spending our savings) and yet he's such a help when he's around. DD wakes up so early, and I usually sleep in with Sasha after being up a few times in the night. My big goal tomorrow morning is to have us all up and out of the house before 10 so we can attend a local drop-in playgroup at the rec centre. Poor DD hasn't been to any such thing in a while (well, except my LLL meetings) and I really want to start getting into a routine that has me up and showered and out of the house earlier. But still, I'm a bit nervous about being home alone with two. Not nervous, I guess just....like just the thought of it is exhausting!!

Anyways, enough about me. Hang in there, Katie!! Good labour vibes to all you contracting mamas!!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#139 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 05:41 PM

Yipeee - more babies, congrats Beansmama and Ameliabedelia! I keep checking in to see who's been born yet and I have to admit, I'm kinda jealous - I mean I'm thrilled to have my baby but my labor was so great I kinda wnat to do it again. Sounds silly I know, but it is the truth!

Lucysmama, Court, and whoever else is close to labor land I'm thinking of ya! You're gonna do great.

Piglet, I feel the very same way about DH being home. It is great, but it also terrifies me to think about when he goes back to work. Oh and we also have a very hard time getting up and dressed before 10 or 11am. We have a playgroup that starts at 9am, I don't know if we'll ever be there on time again

OK, going to hang out with my toddler. She said she missed me today Poor kid, her life really has turned upside down these days but I have to say she is doing great overall - I just have moments of mommy guilt thats all.
#140 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 06:31 PM

Yay!! Congrats to Amelia and Susan Welcome two more girls Greta and Kennedy I guess it's true what they say about the boys liking to cook a little longer :LOL

Court and Mirthfulmum- I see you were looking for me yesterday, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts

Argh, I just broke down and took some tylenol for my headache...funny to go from spending all these days hopeful that labour will start to now feeling like crud and thinking...please not today. I don't think that my body would do that too me so I guess nothing will happen here until I feel better :

Nancy I had a good laugh at your post...we had a night like that last week...I think we are kinda like volcanos waiting to explode right now.

Meli- I totally know how you feel. With Ember I had a natural labour without even being hooked up to an IV or anything...but then they used the vaccuum and gave me some local freezing for that, so I feel my labour was natural and the birth wasn't. So I say go ahead and believe what your heart feels Also I would be really interested in reading the other version you mentioned

Okay Katie- I am sending you all the labour vibes that I normally save for myself...I don't want them today so you might as well use them You too Momadance
#141 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 07:04 PM

Congrats Ameila & Susan! Welcome Greta & Kennedy!!! : : :
More I wanted to post but I have an orny toddle today! Must be picking up on my mood. Happy laboring to all those who are laboring now.

Carrie
#142 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 07:20 PM

OK BIG vent here. I am so pissed off right now!!!! I know I told you all DH was going away for 2 nights, but that his ship was going to be staying nearby and if they had to go farther, he would get dropped off. Well is f-ing officer in charge had a different idea. They got called to a big search and rescue, and HE WOULDN'T BRING DH BACK FIRST. So now they are going 6 hours away by boat!!!! I figure they will be an hour or 2 off shore where they are going, plus then it would be a good 2 hour drive back here after that....so if something happens I am on my own for FOUR HOURS!!!! I am really really mad right now. I TOLD him something like this would happen and he swore up and down it wouldn't. I almost wish I would go into labor tonight just so I could say SEE?!?! YOu should have stayed behind!!! I wasn't too fond of his OIC before but now man he is on my total sh*t list. WTF????

#143 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

awwwwwwwww...Amelia....

Amy, I noticed your 1000 post I was about to tell ya!

Well, my mw just left. I thought my hb was in jeopardy when my hemo came back 7.9. I got to get another prick and it was 9.1 which was lower than the 9.3 Saturday. She told me to take 2 of the iron complex.

She did my first internal so she'd know what was and wasn't normal. I'm 1-2 cm and 75% effaced. She felt the head! : That trips me out! It was sooooo uncomfortable. ick! I *sure* won't missin nothin by not havin em!

So, that's the latest in the Old North State! Oh,speakin of Chrissy had her baby...our honorary October mama. Its been a couple weeks tho, saw it in the hbin mamas thread.

Yall kids. dtd... Dh would be glad if I touched his leg with my foot! I am *so* not even!

eta: Oh Amy! : How does CG compare to other branches...does he have a choice? Or like, the other branches it seems when Uncle calls ya gotta answer.
#144 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 07:57 PM

With his current unit he has a choice. The CG is smaller and usually is good about having people home for births and emergencies (obviously other huge emergencies for CG can take priority, like when he was in the Persian Gulf with his ship a few years ago). He's on a small ship now and being second in command has a lot of pull. He wasn't supposed to have go anywhere, and I only agreed to let him go on this patrol bc they wouldn't be going far. I TOLD him something like this would happen; he could have stayed behind and the ship would have been fine. But since he was on and they apparently didn't have time to take him back (though I believe they did, they certainly will not be the first unit to respond to the scene of this call bc of the distance they must travel to get there) I'm pissed. Pissed. Pissed!!!

Oh hey can I add that I checked myself today and noticed I am effacing more, my cervix is slightly more anterior, and maybe even slightly more dilated??? Just thought I'd add that.

#145 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 10:41 PM

OMGosh Amy!! No kidding you are pissed, I sure would be too! : Well I am hoping for your sake that nothing happens until his return...is he still going to be back in 2 nights then, or is he gone for longer now? Congrats on the 1000 posts BTW- that's cool
#146 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 10:51 PM

Warning: another rant by a raving, pregnant, tired, hormonal, sore woman ahead

: I think they just like to cause me stress. I just talked to DH a few minutes ago and it turns out they were able to turn around and come back, I guess someone else was able to respond faster or something. So they won't be far away tonight. BUT now he is telling me he might have to leave with them AGAIN in a couple days. We have had HUGE miscommunication in this department apparently. Since I was first pg, he PROMISED up and down that he wouldn't have to go away during this time. That he would make sure the new guy was qualified and able to stand watches so the boat could spare him. That he would borrow another guy from the other boat to take his place if need be. Now he's saying well the newest guy is just kinda barely ready to stand watch and his OIC doesn't like to sail without my DH. Grrrrrrrr this man has known since he arrived on the ship this summer that DH would need these 2 weeks off from being underway, and as far as I knew it wasn't issue. Though I got a bad feeling about him recently. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!! Whatever. If he misses the birth of his kid it certainly won't be my fault! Something he'll have to live with and work eternally to make up to me, right? So I guess he'll be back tomorrow as planned. He can't understand why I am so upset, I couldn't even have a conversation with him on the phone, he was like I'm sorry can you just drop it? Um ok whatever. I said I had to go. Bye.

#147 of 252 Old 10-21-2004, 11:59 PM

hi mamas!

my due date count down is single digits now!

but more importantly...

welcome greta and kennedy! congratulations susan and amelia!

the babies arriving is so very exciting!

lucysmama, i'm sending labor vibes to lots of the mamas here, but you get my strongest ones! it sounds like you're *so* close!!!

trueblue, i'm so sorry for all this mess with your dh being on the boat and not understanding why it makes you so upset. that would drive me insane too.

on the topic of cervix self checks, mine seems to be coming along too... effacing more and very squishy, still only a shallow finger tip dialated and somewhat posterior. i think my body is gearing up though, BH contractions continue to get stronger, but are still generally just felt in front. really i feel very good so no complaints.

i have been expecting to give birth just a bit early cause it seems to run in my mothers family and i have a very high activity level which i know also contributes to births slightly before the due date. however, i've recently been learning that my husband and his 3 brothers (1 full and 2 half brothers, all have the same father) don't like to leave the womb. dh was 11 days late, his brother was 19 days late, his first half brother was almost 2 weeks late when they induced (which lead to a c-sec) and the the second half brother was a planned section with no sign of labor in sight. so i'm beginning to think my body is kind of ready for the baby to leave, but the baby takes after dh and doesn't want to go. that is how it felt a couple days ago when we had a storm here and i had contractions all day but the baby got in this weird position, almost like it was trying to stay inside! hopefully it'll all balance out and i won't go too overdue!

meanwhile, dh has been working like a machine and finished replumbing half our house so we can take a shower downstairs!!! yay! we're really all ready now!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#148 of 252 Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 AM

Oh Amy All I can say is that if it were me and there was a name that I was pushing for that DH didn't agree with and he happens to miss it than by all means, use it! :LOL Sorry for making light of the issue though...I truly can't begin to imagine how pissed I'd be!!!!
#149 of 252 Old 10-22-2004, 02:20 AM

Just three quick additional thoughts...

I finished getting all the homebirth and baby stuff organized tonight! We had it all, but I feel it's all where it needs to be now! Yay!

Wannabemommie, I forgot to mention before, I think it's cool to feel the head! For me it's also very reassuring cause the baby didn't turn head-down until about 34 weeks so I was getting worried. What amazes me is how I can feel it through the vaginal ceiling without sticking my finger in all that deep... dh was worried he'd feel it during sex but it's all about the angle.

And last thing, oh my goodness, I have had the most horrible stinky gas today. I hope this is either a sign that labor is imminent or that it goes away very soon! Seriously, I smell bad.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#150 of 252 Old 10-22-2004, 02:26 AM

Now that tired, orny boy is good and asleep I can post.
Today was a tireing day of my sweet boy testing all his limits. Thankfully DH went grocery shopping so I didn't have to.

I forgot who said they were going to chnge their answering machine message but do that it's a great idea and turn off the ringer. Gotta Love caller id.
Wow for once in my life I'm so glad I have the ultimate dysfunctional family. I'm not getting any calls becuase in-laws haven't tlaked to us in wow almost 2 years now and I haven't tlaked to my parents over 10 now. Only people who call us are my sister who I love and am so thankfully to have in my life, my aunt (goodness knows how in the world she could be my mother's sister!). and a couple dear freinds. They just call to check in see of I need anything and geniunily want to help. I had solictors yesterday at my door. I don't get that many political ones. Maybe because they think someone else lives here. I get religious solicitors a lot!

Meli- You certainly can say you had a natural birth that ended up in a c-section. Some people like to think that just becuase you used some narcotics you're unnatural. If they went through what you did I'm sure they'd be asking! You are an amazing and strong woman to go that long and just ask for a little bit of relief!

Amy- You just need some
Sorry to hear about DH. Why don't they get it???? I don't blame you one bit for being pissed. I would be too!

Looks like the babies are coming. I've been getting more contractions but they are so short and so infrequent. I found this article about natural inductions. I'm half considering it now. If I don't go by 41 weeks then I think I might just do some. http://home.comcast.net/~sjrlogan/Wi.../induction.doc

Hey we could have a natural induction party. See who goes first then.

Well I should get to bed.

Happy laboring all you can do it!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page