week of October 18....who's birthday is *this* week? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo Katie! Way to go! Thanks for the update, Nate!

I don't know if that was my water leaking or not... We went on a long walk and still no more leaking. I'm having lots of BH and tons of pressure down low. My pubic bone and hips are killing me. This is very frustrating. DH is bugging me, too. Keeps asking me lots of questions every time I make the slightest face or sound, "Are you okay? Are you having a contraction?" When I said my pubic bone really hurt cuz of the weight of the baby, he got all freaked out that it must be hurting the baby too. Like the baby's getting brain damage because my pesky pelvic bones are in it's way. Oh brother.

Is it really awful of me to want to send him away for awhile when I do start going into labor? He's really scared he's going to miss the big event, but I'm starting to wonder if all of his "help" is what's holding things back... Maybe if I think things are starting up I can send him to a movie for a couple hours until I reach a "point of no return".... Hmm... Thinking out loud here.

Well I'm going to go call the midwife on her cell now so she can tell me that my water didn't really break. Then maybe DH will stop bugging me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 07:13 PM

Come on Nancy...what did she say????

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#243 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the update Nate! Hooray! Active labour has begun! Hopefully you 2 will be holding your little babe in your arms by the end of the day. I am in total awe of you Katie.
#244 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 07:43 PM

Wanted to send some happy labouring thoughts to Nancy . Hope this is it for you!

Also I just out up a couple more pics up at the yahoo sight. Harrison is getting nice and chubby , and there's a real sweet one of Alias trying out our Hotsling.

I just changed Harrison's poopy diaper... and guess who just had another gigantic poop while sitting on my lap. How does someone so small produce so many dirty diapers?
#245 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 08:57 PM

She said yes, it could very well be ruptured membranes. Either a hindleak (small rupture at the top) and the baby's head is plugging the cervix so I'm not leaking much; or maybe just the outer layer of the sac (aparently there are two layers - didn't know that) has ruptured.

Damn, I'm really easing into this labor thing slowwwwwly. I always thought it was wham! you're in labor and you know it when you feel it. Guess not though. So yeah I guess DH was right. I hate it when that happens. :LOL

I just spent about two hours shopping, most of it standing in line, (note to self: avoid Fred Meyer's on Sundays) and thought I was in labor. Contractions, hot flashes and sweating, back pain... but I felt fine once I got out to the car.

Does anyone else (who's still pregnant) ever have this irrational thought that maybe the whole thing was a misdiagnosis and you're not really pregnant? How's that for wacko? I don't know why, but it pops into my head every now and then that this isn't real at all and I'll never have a baby.
#246 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 08:57 PM

Nancy-I'd say yes-your am fluid is leaking. That's how it was with me the first time-leaking sometimes but not others. The dr said it's just because the baby's head is like a cork so when you're walking with lots of pressure the babe's head is stopping the flow out but when you're in another position-like laying down-the head is moved so you have leaking. I finally "burst" when I sat on the toilet for a while

So glad for the update on Katie-I'm so hoping the best for you!!!!!!!!

I'm getting closer...had "real" contrax for 3 hrs today-thought it was "IT" Went from 10 min apart to 3 min with strong but not painful contrax. Then fell asleep for 45 min and woke with nothing damn!
Went to the pumpkin patch with the kids and rode on the hayrack-that caused a few contrx!! But stopped when we were done LOL

So just hanging out like the rest of us mamas in waiting...
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#247 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 08:58 PM

Oh yeah, and I'm in total denial about poopy diapers. So no more mention of them allowed. :LOL

Kazia - Your boys are so cute!!! Love the picture of Alias and Bigbird in the sling!
#248 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 09:25 PM

: welcome Zander! :

whew i'm sorry about that rant earlier. i had a good cry in the shower, i forget how healing the water can be. my husband washed my hair for me and i just let all the emotions go down the drain.

*here's hoping Katie is doing well!* go Katie!!!

watching the World Series ... we just realized that the Red Sox have won every game they played since we started watching them after Willow was born ... so now we're superstitious and have to watch every minute of every game! :LOL

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#249 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 10:10 PM

Here's a story for you Mirthful and Gottaknit... this morning I got up with Clara and Leo and let Dh sleep in a bit. I changed Leo's diaper first (poopy of course). As soon as he had a new dipe on and was all dressed again he pooped (again). So I changed him a second time. Then I changed Clara's diaper, she left the room with a clean diaper and came right back about 30 seconds later telling me she'd just poo'd! So changed her again too. Then I went to pick up Leo to take him to the living room to find out his diaper had somehow leaked and he was wet!! Yes, I changed 5 diapers and 2 outfits in the course of about 15 minutes!!!! What a start to the day
#250 of 252 Old 10-24-2004, 11:34 PM

I wish we could get another update on Katie...that was great of you Nate

Jillerina...oh the glamorous life of a mommy, hey :LOL

Meli- I was sorry to read your earlier post...glad to hear that you are feeling better. What a shame though that they even have policy about something that is(should be) rightfully yours to do with what you please. :

Nancy- hope you are off in laborland now. You are too funny

Ann- I am still hanging here with ya...we went to the pumpkin patch today too.

Mirthfulmum- Yay, new pics...off to check them out

Sitting here, drinking my RRL trying to strengthen the contx. The more I have pre-labour the more worried I get about the length of time it will take me to get to the hospital....I hope I really do know when it's time to go. I've been thinking about my labour with Ember and it occured to me that I wasn't at the point of not talking through, being imobolized by the contx. until nearing transition (: )...although who knows what it will be like this time.

Oh the pictures!!! Mirthfulmum...Harrison is looking so pudgy and healthy, what a doll! So cute, Alias trying out the sling too. Mommadance- You MUST, MUST blow up that black and white photo for your wall (I am sure you already plan too), what an amazing picture of your sons, the are too sweet!
#251 of 252 Old 10-25-2004, 01:44 AM

just wanted to say hi (nak) I'm thinkin about all you ladies (esp. you Katie- you're one strong woman). I've looked at most of all the new pics and the babies are so beautiful ofcourse!

boy we've had a baby boom around here! Congratulations Momadance, kimberly, Carrie! I know I'm forgetting someone, sorry.

Good laboring to you nancy! Trust me, you're gonna want your dh there to press on your back and squeeze his hand, even for early labor. I ended up needing my dh a lot more (and for longer) than I thought I would- and he did great...just had to give some instructions to him. I know what you mean though, if you feel like a watched pot, it may stall labor.

I did a lot to help my labor along - showering, walking, nipple stimulation...

forgot how soft newborns were

hope Thia is doing well........

nak is hard :

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#252 of 252 Old 10-25-2004, 02:52 AM

Laurel - :LOL Sorry to laugh but I could so empathize. Fortunately I have Dh here with me during the day for now so we are sharing diaper duty... but I still feel like I am changing a thousand diapers a day.

Meli - Glad you're feeling a bit better. I ment to comment earlier, and I agree with everyone else. That hospital's policy sucks!: You have every right to be upset.

Courtney - I need way more NAKing practice. It's so frustrating doing the balacing act of keeping Harrison attached to the breast (he's very particular about his latch) and typing with one hand... very slowly.

Thanks for the sweet comments on my boys. I am so impressed really by all of the pictures of our (Oct. due date club) kids. Is it just me or does this group have gorgeous families or what!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page