Mothering Forum banner

week of October 18....who's birthday is *this* week?

17K views 251 replies 28 participants last post by  mirthfulmum 
#1 ·
October Mamas Roll Call

momtol&a
Yoga mama
snugglebutter 10/01
mirthfulmum 10/03 BOY! Harrison
*prediction: last week of Sept, 8 hrs labour*
*Born 10/6, 12:30 pm, 7lbs 11ozs* Congratulations!
TracyK 10/04
mhurst 10/04
kraftykathy 10/04 *prediction: Oct 4, short labour, girl*
*A girl! Willow Cerridwen born Oct 13, 12:27 pm, 9lbs, 22 in*
Congratulations!
Jillerina 10/04 *prediction: Oct 6, 6 hrs labour*
*A boy! Leo born 10/09, 9lbs 9oz* Congratulations!
water 10/06
KateMary 10/06 *Ruby Ava born 09/25*
Proudly AP 10/08
MamaEmerald 10/08
nikwik 10/8 GIRL!
mayasmama 10/08 GIRL!
FutureMama 10/09 BOY! Miles Rocket
*Miles Rocket born Oct 12, 1:46 pm, 6 lbs 10 oz* Congratulations!
bluehalo 10/10 BOY! Noah Daniel
mellybean 10/10 GIRL! Willow
*Willow born Oct 15, 12:06 am, 5lbs 13oz and 22"
jamaicanmom 10/10
allformyboys 10/11
Lucysmama 10/12 *prediction: girl, Oct 8, 16 hrs labour*
bendmom 10/12
ashleepurdie 10/12 *prediction: boy, 12 hours easy labour*
*Ella Lucille born 10/6, 10:22 pm, 7.5 lbs, 21.25"* Congratulations!
momadance 10/13 BOY! Reed Jezmund
*prediction: Oct 23rd*
Mandi 10/14
rhemp 10/14
wannabmommie 10/15
MTBto5 10/15
krnflwr 10/16 GIRL! Emma Grace *prediction: Oct 16th, 10 hours labour*
gmvh 10/16 *Twins! Owen and Gwynnen born 9/25*
Piglet68 10/18 BOY! Sasha Adam scheduled cesarian October 8
*Sasha Adam, Oct 8, 21.5 in, ? lbs* Congratulations!
MommyMuse 10/19
JenDoula 10/19
BeansMomma 10/20 GIRL!
Mom2Lily 10/20
CourtneyandLogan 10/21 BOY! Zander Julian
*prediction: Oct 18 or 28*
OakEmber 10/21 BOY! Oakley Kai
*prediction: Oct 6 - 10, 6 hours labour*
mtnjenny 10/22
Ekatherina 10/22
Momma2Liam 10/24 *prediction: boy, 10/31, 9 hrs and 45 min labour*
Stanleymama 10/23 BOY! *prediction: Oct 18, short easy labour*
gottaknit 10/24 *prediction: Oct 31 - Nov 4, > 9 lbs*
3boyz4us 10/24 *expected Oct 22*
Ctmom70 10/24 BOY! Alex Richard
*prediction: Oct 14, 5 hrs labour*
Kim22 10/24 BOY!
aspiring mama 10/25
sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona
AngelBee 10/25 BOY! Angelo Richard
truebluexf 10/27 *prediction: Oct 11, 8 hrs labour, boy*
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
*prediction: Oct 17, 10 hrs labour*
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Noticed thread wasn't posted and Pig *surely* deserves to be off the job, so its up to us girls! Maybe I'm the first one up...I don't remember the last time on the old thread. So, hopefully noone is posting while I'm typing!

Well, this weekend....uhhhhhhhhhhhh...I can't remember it! :LOL
I had my Pastor and his wife over briefly Friday. According to my chart, it was my edd and I turned off the phone.
Saturday got my hair braided aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way up! Its really up there! But, at least I won't have to worry about it gettin wet and goin back to the mothaland!
My mw came over and then we ran errands. Sunday I was off of church; but, visited a local one nearby and then went to visit mama for a bit since we were in her city and then ran more errrands! I got *two* banners--its a boy and its a girl and two bows! :LOL I'll ask my doula since the cigars can't be returned to pick up the appropriate chocolate cigars before folks come over. Are we so cheesy! :glad I'm glad that dh wants to give out cigars. It makes me think of daddy who in the 70's, of course, gave out real ones.
I've been thinking of him a lot. I miss him *so* much!
I just got back from about less than half of cycling class.
I had a *horrible* bump on waaaaaaaaaaaaaay
high on my inner thigh which made cycling bad last week and I blew it off. I had soooooooo many ctx during class! Wonder if that would be a method labor induction!
I'm tired and I'd like to get a nap before I do laundry and *prayerfully* clean this afternoon. I *so* need to finish my birth music! I would
a massage before the babies born; but, I don't see a.....mil is calling as I type....LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!! She dropped by to bring a blanket she had made Thursday and she saw a white lady (my neighbor
), and asked if she was coming to my apt, thinking it was my mw and she had walked in on labor...what luck!
She wants to know when I'm in labor; but, she lives close and I could see her now disrespecting our wishes and coming over.
Dh says she can know; but, she can also know no coming over. She says she's gonna be in her car in the parking lot.
I thought she was joking; but, she's serious the more she talks about it.
Anyway....I digress....

So what do yall wanna talk about? Yall want to revamp yall predictions? I'm thinking Wednesday or by the end of the week. Oh, btw, my mw said that the baby is low, so h/s is making h/h way to the door. Wednesday......WEDNESDAY!!! I better get cracking! I need a nap! Allright well...Have a blessed week and maybe we have some blessed births!

I *better* not see another thread when I post.

See less See more
#2 ·
s I just finnished reading the last posts from last weeks thread and wanted to send all you disappointed, uncomfortable and "why am I still preganant!" ladies lots of hugs and support

You won't be pregnant forever!!!!! Although I can totally empathize that everyday you wake up pregnant feels like a week has been added to your pregnancy term.

Here's hoping that this week will see the most babies born yet!

#3 ·
Warning! One grumpy mama getting ready to post...Last night had to be the worst nights sleep I've ever had that didn't involve a waking child. I just could not sleep. I was up 3-4x's an hour and was having horribly vivid dreams...like the graphic one of me being eaten by a shark.
: Then there was the one where I was branding my kids on the forehead with O's. I have no clue what that was all about. It was rather disturbing.

And I can't possibly be anymore physically tired. This weekend we decided to drive 4 hours up to Houston for the Renaissance Festival. The kids had a blast but I'm paying for that adventure. All that walking and my crotch is killing me. Had tons of BH's and a few cervical jabbing/lower back ctx's which I suppose is a good thing, but on top of all that walking I was/am whipped. And the ride home was rough on my legs...turned my poor feet into sausages. They are better today but now my fingers are swollen. I even had to take my ring off this morning. I'm trying to drink a lot more water today to balance things out but of course that results in excessive pee'ing and just the motion of getting on and off the toilet is excruciating with my tender nether regions.

Ok, I think that is enough of a rant for this morning. I'm going to try and convince my kids to lay in bed with me and read some books.

#4 ·
Thanks for starting the thread, Letia!
I couldn't handle the pressure again this week.
I don't think I got everyone updated last week on the rollcall, so you might want to check it over....

Ahhh, MILs... Mine called yesterday. She's 3000 miles away and a real sweetheart, but still a MIL... Her friend at work was expecting a grandchild this month, too, EDD a week after me. Well, she got her grandchild last Thursday.
And MIL made the point of telling me, "And she had a midwife, too!" So I guess I can't use that as an excuse for not being in labor yet...?
: Since we're on a level playing field or something?
Whatever. Anyway, she is impatient as all get-out and wants a grandbaby by this weekend. No pressure.

Amie - I was going to post the same question about the watery discharge. I noticed it last night, and was wondering if I've sprung a leak... If it is the water breaking, I should call the midwife right away and let her know... Last night I decided to wait it out and if I woke up in a puddle or with more leaking I'd call, but it never increased. And this morning I had some pink-tinged mucus, so maybe my plug is just really watery...?

Good Lord, I can't believe how complicated these "labor signs" are! :LOL It's like trying to read tea leaves! Maybe we all need to chill and just ignore the "signs" until we're sure it's time to push! :LOL

Well, I feel a little weird because I'm not as anxious as everyone else to get labor started. Maybe because I'm not working anymore and am getting some time to myself for once. Maybe because I still feel like I have a big To-Do list hanging over me. (Random things that can in reality wait until later.) Hopefully it's not some psychological hang-up about being scared of birth or something.... I don't feel scared...

#5 ·
Seems to me according to my memory....which ain't very reliable that all the births are updated! LMK yall if there's one that was missed.

btw, Nancy, I'm not so anxious either. The changing table that I thought was backordered so long that it wouldn't make it before the baby was born *finally* arrived and dh just put it together and as I was up with reflux Sunday am, he turned over and I was putting my dipes, wipes and toiletries on the table around 5. :LOL I need to do more cleaning and a couple dipes I ordered last week came in. I have a several more on the way....I've got more laundry to do and I must must *must* do my birth cd. I have to cook and freeze some meals and wouldn't it be great if I *actually* got everything done and got a day for me and a massage!!!!!

Well, gotta check on washing instructions for this dipe. I'm gonna do laundry in a little bit and still haven't gotten that nap! :nana:

eta: the labor signs...
I am seeing more mucus...is it the plug? is it parts of the plug?
Ctx...is this it? But after cycling they stopped so I guess the baby was just like *what* are you doin! :LOL

#7 ·
Done! Got Meli updated! She gave birth on my edd! I don't always check the forum, so I was wondering where her dh posted.

Girl! I've been shopping b/c I didn't have enough! I got another shipment that shipped/shipping today and I think....I'm on another machine which doesn't have my docs now...that order put me to 30...so I really don't have a huge stash or anything. I've just been shopping like crazy to get some and I was trying not to wash everyday!

Well...I guess I'll get up since I checked my email and toss in these new dipes so they can be ready.

#8 ·
Just popping in to let you all know that sweet Noah Daniel was born this morning at 4:31 am via cesearean after 26 long hours of labor. He is 8 lbs, 11 oz, and already nursing like a champ. I'm exhausted, but totally blissed out. More details when my eyes can stay open!

#9 ·
Hello everyone-nothing new here either...
Been having more BH and some of them are lower now and crampy but only about 3 of this type a day. But at least I know things are still gearing up-just hoping it gears up faster rather than slower.
I 'think' everything is ready...got all the dipes and baby clothes washed and organized-kind of. We still need a dresser for this baby so all the clothes are in little stackable bins right now. Got the birth bag ready and the diaper bag stocked for the future. Car seat is installed and the house is fairly clean-though with 2 kids that changes in minutes!

So now I spend my time checking to see who's in labor here and pacing :LOL

And yes, another bad night for me too-up to pee 4 times in 2.5 hrs and wide awake from 3am-4am until DH came down and told me he was cold so come back to bed-how sweet-ha!

Be back to check in later!
Ann

#10 ·
Oh Congratulations Christine -we cross posted! Welcome Noah

Sounds like you had a rough time but I'm so glad all are well. Get some rest!!
Blessings to you and your family,
Ann

#11 ·
Kind of quiet - is it just because of the time zone or are there more babies on the way??? Oooohhh, how exciting!

Hey, has anyone stopped gaining weight? I gained a lb/wk throughout my pg, but stopped gaining 2 weeks ago. mw isn't concerned, so I'm not either, but is that usual? Just curious. I'm eating well, but I'm not ravenous.

I'm not too anxious about labor starting either. One more week with my dh, just relaxing with this beautiful Fall weather, lazily getting random things finished here, doesn't seem so bad. I know as soon as the baby is here things will really pick up. Don't think it's a fear of labor or anything like that. It definitely helps that I don't have any back pains or difficulty sleeping. I feel really, really good, almost as though I'm not pregnant - it's sort of unsettling. It's as though I'm completely used to lugging around an extra 35 lbs., I don't even notice it anymore! Yikes!

#13 ·
Wannabe..thanks for starting this weeks thread. So good to hear from you

Bluhalo...congrats on your little boy. WELCOME LITTLE NOAH!!!
:

So yesterday after 7 hours of contractions and thinking this is it, it all stopped. Admittedly I was pretty bummed especially since yesterday was dh's birthday and I really wanted to have this little one on or near his birthday. Today I am sore and crampy, who knows what could happen. But thankfully I am not feeling to anxious about it. I know its going to happen soon and I just need to rest. MIL is AWESOME!!!! She has been doing so much for me... I am so thankful.

Well I just wanted to say hi. Off to hibernate for awhile

#16 ·
congratulations christine!!!!!!!!!! welcome noah!!!!!!!!!

hope your recovery is quick and easy. so nice to hear that you are so happily holding your sweet new babe!

oh! thank you all for the sweet words about my birth story! it's been amazing going through all of this with the october mamas here! i'm hanging out here now just waiting to see who is next. i am also hoping that lot's more babies will be born this week! i can't wait to read each new birth story!

soogie, the ren faire sounds cool though i can imagine how exhausting that would be for you! hopefully all that walking helped bring you a little closer to the big day!

we are doing well here. willow is such a content baby. and i have to say that i am sleeping better now with baby here than i was those last few weeks of pregnancy. she was comfortable with nursing while laying in bed right from day 1 which makes night time nursing so nice.

yesterday my 7 year old son was holding willow and i saw him touch his own eyelid, then he would touch willow's. then he would touch his own cheek, then he would touch hers. when i asked him why he was doing that he said he was making sure he wasn't hurting willow. if the touch didn't hurt him then he would know that it wouldn't hurt her. so cute! both the kids are so great with her. i just love watching them hold her and kiss her. it such a neat experience. maybe it will be something that will help them when they become parents someday. it's awesome to think that i have 2 daughters that are separated in age by 10 years! when willow is 10, josi will be 20! sniff, sniff! i'm so hormonal and sentimental right now, i know, but it's such a gorgeous experience too! i love this time of raw emotion that follows the birth of a new child. like someone else here said, if only it could be bottled

good sweet labour vibes to all who need them

kathy

#17 ·
Congratulations Christine! and WELCOME Noah!
: I've been thinking about you guys!

Mandi- I've read numerous times that at the very end it's normal to stop gaining or even loose a pound a two. Usually it means you're very close.
I'm glad you're feeling normal and used to being pregnant. I have moments like that, where I'm like, "hey, I feel fine..." but they only last about 5 minutes.

So, I managed to cook and freeze a couple meals, and I also bought a frozen lasagne. It's weird cooking meals and not eating them right away. I had some painful contractions last night, coupled with stabbing cervical pain. Trying to be patient. Ooh, here's a cntrx now, I always get a bunch when I spend time at this board.

Thanks Letia for starting the thread! You always sound sooo busy, makes me tired.

#19 ·
Just a friendly reminder for those in the gift swap to be sure to get names/addresses of your swappee so you're all set when the time comes to mail your goodies

Since things are/will be picking up with the mamas it may be harder to get in touch for this info later...wonder why?

Happy laboring/babymooning to all!

Ann

#21 ·
Congratualtions. bluehalo!! welcome baby Noah!!! you *know* i love that name...my current baby is a Noah..he was 2 in June!!

saw my dr today and all is well...i'll see again on Thurs. for all my pro-op stuff and then Friday at 8:00 CDT :)LOL) i'll be having my baby

And, to those who STOPPED gaining weight....you can just keep that info to yourself....
i have still been gaining a 1-2 a WEEK....but it's mostly water, so that's not so bad, i guess.

so this is how my week goes till Friday:

Mon was a dr appt.
Tues a freind and her two boys are coming to visit in the afternoon and then my sister and her dh are coming over in the evning to help dh move furniture.
Wed my sister is going with me to the city to have the boys' school pictures taken...(i do them at sears, way cheaper than getting the school's pictures.)
Thurs i have to go back to the dr to get blood work done and he has to do my history and physical for surgery....in the evening we will deliver the boys to my sister's where they will stay overnight and then dh and i will go out for supper. and while i am at the dr in the morning a carpet guy will be coming out to our house to lay carpet in the boys' room.
FRIDAY is BABY DAY!!

Speedy labor thoughts to you all!!

Carrie

#22 ·
Welcome Noah! Congratulations, Christine!
Rest up and enjoy your newborn!

I wondered why nobody was posting on the thread....duh, it's Monday and there's a new one!

Not much to report here. Musta been something in the air, I got no sleep last night, either. I just tossed and turned and peed a zillion times. Weird dreams about feeding lizards hard-boiled eggs, whatever that means. Had some contractions, but nothing noteworthy....I have another prenatal in a couple days (at 41 weeks, 2 days) and I am going to ask my mw to strip my membranes if nothing has happened by then.

Much love to all you mamas out there in preggo land, and those in blissed-out baby world.

#24 ·
my babe is low too
..I kinda figured and she confirmed. I declined an internal.

Glad to hear yall are well, meli.

I'm hungry. *sigh* I need to work on my birth music....and double check my phone list....tomorrow I'll have to tackle the cleaning, laundry was overwhelming enough.

#25 ·
So would I be a mad Mothering mama if I decide to have my mw sweep my membranes or something tomorrow??? I'll be 39 weeks. I didn't do anything interventionist with DS, got checked for the first time at just about 40 weeks and he was born 3 days later. I'm really just getting a little nervous about this baby's size...if mw still thinks the baby was 8lbs 2 weeks ago, that means it's more like 9lbs now....and growing...and while yes I know my body can birth a baby I grow it just makes me nervous to think about delivering close to a 10lb baby. Am I nuts? Would it be wrong of me to try to speed things up at this point?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.