week of October 25 - almost all done! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 03:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Birthing Amy!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Katie, sorry you are in so much pain. Don't worry about the taking drugs. You need to do what you need to to do. You just had surgery!!!, of course you would need something!

Court, I know what you mean about lusting after DH. I had a moment the other day, when I really wanted to have sex, but was like, WHAT, I must be crazy, just had a baby a week ago, know there is no way we could do it now. I dont' think we will wait the whole 6 weeks though, last time we only waited 4, but it was still a little painful then.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#182 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 03:11 AM

: : : : : : :
Hooray Amy! Have a wonderful birth. Can't wait to read that you're holding your little babe!

And I'm with Jillerina, I really liked labouring ont the toilet. It was one of the few places I actually felt relatively comfrotable during contractions.

Glad to read I'm not the only gal feeling a bit randy. I know that there is no way my body is ready for sex again, I had a pretty bad tear. And while the stitches are gone the gash is still very prominant. I'll defiantly be waiting a few more weeks but Dh is looking better and better every day.
#183 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 09:13 AM

Amy!!! Good birth vibes heading your way!!!

I'm more into the idea of getting some lovin' now that I'm no longer preggers. While pregnate, I had absolutely no desire for loving. I can feel my hormones adjusting back to pre-preg. state.
#184 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 01:37 PM

YAY Amy! Hope you are well on your way to baby bliss! Be strong, mama! Happy laboring!

I guess you don't need an answer to your question now, but I just put on underwear and a pad when my water broke. When that got to be annoying, I just took them off and sat on towels, mainly on the birth ball. We washed maybe 6 loads of towels while I was in labor!
#185 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 02:49 PM

YAY Amy!!! Hope all is going smoothly for you, can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl who's been keeping you waiting

Jillerina- You asked about how Ember did at my SIL's...I guess she was done crying pretty much right after I left, but it took putting a movie on for her to get back to sleep. Then because I didn't get to go home that night she had a sleepover at my other SIL's (the only place she is used to spending the night) which was nice because I think she'd have missed me too much at home.
#186 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 03:36 PM

Go Amy! Many good labor vibes to you!

And Katie -you are a birthing goddess-failure does not even begin to enter your picure! You have done such a wonderful awe-inspiring thing-brought a beautiful baby into this world! You do whatever it takes to take care of yourself and that's all that matters-it will only HELP your baby-not hurt him!

Well, I'm tired of this pre-labor crap! I was half awake from 11pm till 5am this am with strong but irregular contrax-ranged from about 5 min apart to 15 min apart almost the whole time. There were some that were really major and I thought there could be no doubts this time-HA!
So after 5am they quit again and not much since... and it's 10:30am here. Still can have my Halloween baby but it's looking doubtful to me....

Congrats Momma2Liam-Welcome Tara Grace SO happy for you!

Take care everyone
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#187 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 06:01 PM

After 29 hours of at-home labor, and then another 10 hours of pitocin-enhanced in-hospital labor, Henry finally arrived by Cesarean birth on Thursday, October 28th at 6:05 pm. He weighed 7 lb, 14 ounces, and is 21 inches long. He is absolutely adorable and in perfect health.

We just got home from the hospital about ten minutes ago and I haven't scrolled back and read anything that's been posted since Wednesday am, but I'll try to catch up ASAP! I'm so excited to hear who else has given birth since I've been MIA. I don't even know Katie's story yet! But if you're still in labor....

I'll work on writing our birth story soon. It's quite similar to Meli's. A long hard labor and change of plans from homebirth to cesarean. We don't have any regrets about any of our decisions, but there is still a lingering.... I don't know what to call it. We're not sad exactly, but it was a very emotional experience to walk back in the front door of our home today after being in the hospital since Thursday AM. There are all of these reminders of our derailed plans, (even though the team did a wonderful job cleaning up!), such as the extra coverings still over the windows and the yoga ball sitting in the corner of the room, the bag of peanut M&M's we were all munching on still sitting on the kitchen counter.....

Well, I'm off to go play catch-up. I'll post more later. Just wanted to let you know we are all very happy and healthy.
#188 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 06:03 PM

Amy, I can't wait to hear all about it --- happy birthing to you

Laboring on the toilet -- OMG that sucked for me too. I wonder if it's a back labor thing? Each time I'd sit to potty they'd get *so* intense, and so much more uncomfortable (aside from the fact that DH couldn't really do his counter-pressure thing when I was on the toilet, and I was *heavily* dependant on that). The worst though was the drive to the hospital. Poor DH was trying to wedge his fist between my back and the seat while he drove (a stick, at that! *lol*) when I had a contraction in the car. Miserable...
#189 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 06:07 PM

Nancy, we posted at the same time! Congratulations and welcome Henry!! Although we weren't planning a homebirth, I had a lot of similar feeling, about "plans" going awry ... and for me too, it was very poignent, coming home to all the reminders of when I still thought I had hopes for a vaginal birth. I didn't have anyone to even try to clean up though *lol* Anyway, I hear you mama s
#190 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 06:12 PM

CONGRATULATIONS NANCY!!! And welcome little Henry!!!
:
Glad to hear that you are well and sorry that it all didnt' happen like you hoped. Good thing is its all over and you now can snuggle with your little guy! Can hardly wait to see a pic

And Trublue...go girl!!! I have been wanting for your turn to come. Can hardly wait to hear about your new little one

Quinn had his 1 week checkup Fri. and he is now 9lbs, having gained a whole pound since his birth. He is doing really well and life has completely adjusted to having him here.

Ann...what you are experiencing sounds like what I experienced before it all kicked in...you may still have your little one tonight.

The little guy is calling, but just wanted to say that I will be around till everyone has their babies as well. I don't want to miss out on the happy news!
#191 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 07:13 PM

:girlpin Lillian Nora was born at home in the water into Daddy's hands at 9:51am this morning!!! She weighed 8lbs 8oz and is 20in long, and absolutely perfect!!!! I had an amazing labor and delivery, no rips or tears or anything, and FAST! Active labor lasted less than 2 hours!!! Midwife arrived just before 9am!! I feel pretty great despite no sleep from the impending arrival (and DS decided to stay up with me starting at 2am ). Big brother Mickade isn't terribly impressed just yet LOL but has been fine so far. Getting him ready for trick or treating right now, my little Spiderman has no idea the fun he is in for yet!!!

Congrats Nancy and welcome Henry!!!

ETA I put up a few pics in the yahoo group!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#192 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 07:52 PM

Trying not to burst into tears...

Congratulations Nancy! And Welcome Henry! I just knew it was a boy. I'm sorry things didn't work out as you'd planned, but it sounds like everything is going great. You did a great job - that's a long time to be in labor.

And Congratulations Amy!! The pictures are great, Lillian is beautiful - your whole family is. Who woulda thought you'd have your baby on the last day of October.

Happy baby-mooning everyone!

And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#193 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 08:29 PM

Oh my-all these babies-where's mine??!! I know I know....

Nancy-so glad you're both well and you have a beautiful baby boy in your arms! Congratulations

Amy-Oh my God! Only 2 hrs of labor-I think you win the prize! You certainly deserve it after all your trials of the hurricane!! So glad all is well and I love your pics-I got all teary!

to you both

So who's left-not many of us...

Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#194 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 08:32 PM

Tara Grace is here! She arrived 10/29/04 @ 8:55 p.m. 7 pounds 5 oz, 21 inches long. More to come soon...
#195 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 09:15 PM

Congrats Nancy! on the loss of your hb. I could relate to what you said. Personally, I felt like a failure. All those plans....but it got the point where I was scared to go home...although, dh agrees with my mw in retrospect about the scare factor. I just couldn't forgive myself if indeed Mikayla *did* die in utero. She's perfect. Now, if I could just take care of myself. Mil has been here two days in a row. I know that she was bringing my niece who was in school to see Mik....anyway... I'm pretty upset that I don't seem to get any consideration during all this. She shows up on my doorstep and says *she* thought she might die if she didnt see Mik yesterday am, and then today I get a call from her that she's gonna bring niece in 20 minutes! And *then* can I *please* shower and dress in peace! I get out of my shower to the door slamming and them in my messy bedroom!!!! GET OUT! I picked up the living room for you (while d(durn)h was shaving. nice to know that he's clean shaven. Can you watch your daughter so I can have a clean TAIL! ) I'm a prisoner in the bathroom while they are all having a good time in my bedroom. I feel like I have *no* private space when she is here! Looking and touching everything and *nothing* is off limits to her. Anyway. I'm obviously upset right now. I'll be back when I'm in a better mood!
#196 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 09:34 PM

Oh Letia I know what you mean about not having privacy...my in-laws are here for 3 weeks!! But I'm so happy for you having a beautiful healthy baby girl
Hope things get better for you! I know I had to set major bounderies about "visiting hrs" and calling before they came, etc. I was unpopular for awhile but too bad!
Take care
Ann

#197 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 10:01 PM

: congrats Nancy and welcome Henry!!
congrats Momma2Liam and welcome Tara!!
congrats Amy and welcome Lillian!! :

wow, so many new babies

Willow's first Halloween has been so great ... she's dressed up in a tiny baby bat outfit, we sat outside and gave out candy, got lots of oohs and aahs over the lil bat i'll post pics to the yahoo group when i get a chance!

her eating thing was getting strange, was nursing 4x an hour and she was still hungry. learned a new technique at the on-call ped's, massaging the entire breast first a certain way, it really got the milk going when nothing else worked! tomorrow morning is my first LLL meeting so i hope to get even more great advice. babe is full and happy right now

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#198 of 216 Old 10-31-2004, 11:51 PM

Oh my!

Congrats Nancy! Welcome, baby Henry! I just love that name!!!!
I SO know how you feel. I had a cesarean after my long home labor, and it was really hard to come home. The birth ball and tub were still in the living room, and my hopes for a home VBAC were written all over the apartment. It's still very hard!

Congrats Mom2Liam, and welcome Tara!

Congrats Amy - I knew you were having a girl! How wonderful! Sound like you had a beautiful birth.

And congrats Letia on the birth of your daughter!!!!! Welcome, baby Mikayla!
#199 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 12:12 AM

Congrats Trueblue ... what a beautiful name And you too, MamatoLiam ... all these baby girls!

Letia, so sorry about your MIL ... that sounds really frustrating s

Meli, I'm so glad you got some helpful advice re: breastfeeding ... hope LLL is helpful too!

off to check the yahoo group...
#200 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oh my God so many new babies... Congratulations Nancy, LEtia, Momma2Liam and Amy....can't wait to hear your full stories......

I guess only three of us left now..me, Ann and Jenny....
some update here...i have been having contractions since yesterday night (10pm) they are pretty regular 10min but not painful......i could sleep through them easily...now it is morning here and i am still having them...:...but they are still 10-15min and not very painful...only pain in my back and a little bit in my abdomen...didn't call my mw yet...just don't want any third person here until i really need her...however i hope it won't be too late since it would be so unfair not to tell her because she did all those check ups for free for me......well...

much much birthing vibes to Ann and Jenny (where is she?? and please send as much as you can my way...:
I want to have this baby today....

Melli, so happy things are getting better for you and little Willow....hope you are able to get more sleep now.....

will keep you all posted....

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#201 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 01:45 AM

oooh, congratulations trueblue and gottaknit (and again to those mamas who just got home but i congratulated a bit early!)

well, i'm still waiting too!

due date was yesterday. halloween was fun, we painted a big pumkin on my belly! i'm putting a picture on the yahoo group right now.

not much posting energy at the moment. just wanted to say hi!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#202 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 01:55 AM

flitters, sorry forgot you...:
so still four of us left.......
i think contractions are getting 7min apart....
i think i will not believe it is happening until i have the urge to push...:LOL

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#203 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

I was reading over my list, adding the new births, and realized I don't have a birth announcement for krnflwr...did I miss it?

Congrats to you latest mamas: welcome to the world Tara, Lillian, and Henry!!!

Letia.. so sorry that you are being "invaded". This is such a special time (and we are so prone to hormonal swings, too) and it's just lousy that you can't feel "safe" in your own space. Try to put your foot down if you can.

Our LWAB thread is getting good...lots of new mamas. But don't worry you four remaining, we'll stick with you to the end!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#204 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 02:30 AM

Sorry for the late update. Fiona arrived 10-28-04 at 8:04 PM
She was 8 lbs and 1.7oz. The birth went very well and I will post a story in a few days. Unfortunately I had some horrible tearing and ended up with surgery and now have a very sore bottom. But this munchkin is so wonderful and definitely worth all the discomfort!

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#205 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 02:35 AM

Congrats to all our new mommas.

Nancy - so sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned but you must not feel that sneaking sense of failure; you birthed a wonderful perfect little boy and that is what is important.

Sticking with all our remaining moms who are still pregnant; best wishes to each of you.
#206 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 06:18 AM

sunshinegal!!!!! cangratulations!!!!!!!!!1 .....I keep forgetting poeple....:
i don't know what is happening to me...after being so regular from yesterday now my contractions are becoming every half an hour or so....:....will go for a walk to see what happens....

#207 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 08:46 AM

Congrats to all the new babies and mommy's!!

: Welcome to the outside world Tara, Fiona, Henry and Lillian!!!

Congrats mommy's,

Sending good labor vibes to those who need it!!! Nov. is a great month to have a birthday, my birthday is in Nov.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#208 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 11:11 AM

Wow, a lot of babies wanted to be born in October I guess!

Congrats all you new mommies and welcome Henry, Tara, Lillian, Fiona, Mikayla... anyone else?

I'm thinking of you still pregnant mamas... its gonna happen soon - its gotta right?
#209 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 12:46 PM

Welcome to the World Henry, Tara, Lillian, Fiona, Mikayla!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the new mommies!!!!!!!!!!

To all you moms in waiting... not much longer

Sending labour inducing thoughts your way!!
#210 of 216 Old 11-01-2004, 12:47 PM

Well its November and no baby yet for us. Due date was mid-October :LOL

I have already tried corn silk and black and blue homeopathics and nothing happened.
Baby is very active, mw has me doing kick counts and I have no problem getting 10 a day.

So I guess sometime this month we will have a baby :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page