AngelBee 10/25 BOY! Angelo Richard
truebluexf 10/27 Lillian Nora 10/31, 8 lb 8 oz, 20"
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 Greta Marie 10/19, 7 lb 13 oz, 20"
flitters 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!
BlueMoonTime 10/31 GIRL! Alexis

Okay, I think I've got all the births updated. Decided to give myself a project to occupy our nightwaking hours, lol!

Hope to see the rest of our babies making their appearance over the next few days. Good luck to our labouring mamas (especially Katie )

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#2 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd check in quick in this early morning! No baby yet...trying not to drive myself too crazy. I'm officially done working and that feels fantastic. I was a bit worried that I would now just be sitting around, obsessing, but now that I can focus on my own child, instead of 26 other-people's-children, things might actually get movin'! We'll see...

Congrats to EVERYONE, you're all doing great! It's so fun to read all the excitement.
#3 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 10:23 AM

Well I'm still here and pregnant. I don't know why but for some reason I just want to be done now. I'm trying to be patient but it's not working. I think i'd be better if I had some signs of something impending like a little bloody show or a bit of my mucous plug coming out. Nothing but a bit of BH ctrx. Oh well I guess i'm learning a lesson in patience.

Katie- I hope you've had your baby. Thank you nate for the updates.

Nancy- You lucky girl sounds like you're having your baby soon.

Thia- I hope all is well with you.

I think I'm going to walk the aisles of the gorcery store to see if that will kick in anything. Have a good day and happy birthing. I'm putting some mroe pics up on yahoo hopefully today. I have to go peek at all the cute babies and glowing mommies.
#4 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 10:46 AM

Congrats to all the new babies. I can't keep track of them all,

Quinn, Zander, Ella (did I miss anyone). and :ballons to everyone!!!

Sending labor vibes to those who need it.

We had to go back to the hospital. On Friday Greta's bilirubin levels were really high and she was pretty yellow. She spent the next 24 hours underneath the lights. I stayed in the room with her and had a bed and could take her out and nurse here whenever she needed it, so it really wasn't that bad. She wasn't able to be held as much as we like to, but I could nurse here whenever we needed to. We went home Sat. night and had her tested again Sun morning. Her levels have stayed low, she is still a little jaundiced but not enought to be underneath the lights. We are taking her back into the doctor today. I hate hospitals, and me being in the hospital so much has been hard on DD. But I think we are good now, I read that once the levels go down, they rarely go back up.

One thing they did say is that jaundice is worse if the baby is early, (so all of you with "late" babies, be glad of that). I think it just happens because the liver is too immature and it just takes time. So the later the baby, the more mature the liver is.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#5 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 10:48 AM

Good Morning Mamas

Sorry if I sound disgustingly cheerful, I'm just having the best morning. DH went into work for the morning, and I really had no idea how things would go w/o him here to get Ethan breakfast, etc. like he's been doing all last week. Well, I've just been having the most fantastic morning with my two sweet boys. Ethan and I woke up before Noah, so we got to lay in bed snuggling for a good 30 minutes or so. E. is so in love with his little brother ... I was laying behind E., spooning w/ him, and Noah was beside Ethan, and E was just rubbing him and watching him and laughing as N. smiled in his sleep. It was just blissful

Thinking about all you mamas still waiting to meet your babies. Waiting can be so hard. E. was 7 days late, and N. was 8 ... so I feel ya.

Nate, thanks for the update on Katie ... She's still in my thoughts. Can't wait to hear how things are going!

Amelia, what a great birth story. You sound so happy and empowered. That's awesome!

Off to be slightly productive We have to take Noah to the ped. today ... since our ped. doesn't do rounds at the hospital where he was born, he wants to see him. Noah is a bit jaundiced too, not too bad, I don't think, but we haven't had any sunshine lately to hang out in, etc., and I'll feel better to get my ped's opinion too.
#6 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 11:26 AM

Congratulations Court!!!!

And welcome sweet baby Zander!!!!
: : : :

Oh, I hope Kate is to busy holding here precious babe right now to update us!!!!!

piglet - whoa, you sure got a head start today, lol!

Nancy - hope you are also holding your babe right now!!!!

When my water broke with my son's birth, it was just like that too. It broke while I was in bed, but when I got up there was no leaking. His head acted like a cork!

Meli - Wow! I'd be outraged to!!! How dare they refuse to give you something that belongs to you and your daughter! That makes me so mad. We had the same idea for our Willow (planting a willow tree), so I really, really feel for you!

amelia - glad to hear your little one is recovering from jaundice.

Momma2Liam - hang in there! not much further to go now

mtnjenny - glad to hear your finally getting some time to relax before your little one joins you!

bluehalo - aw, so wonderful to hear how happy you are! I know what you mean. I'm feeling so much love for my sweet family right now too!

I can't believe that we are almost at the end of October! I am so looking forward to the final births for our group over the next couple of weeks! This past week has been especially exciting, popping in several times a day to see who's babies have arrived. So much fun!

Well, I'm going to go check out the pictures. I'll check in again later!

kathy::
#7 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 11:27 AM

I finally made it to the big 40! I was up last night with the absolute worst heartburn ever. It felt like all my stomach acid was just sloshing in my esophagus : . Then I had the sweats and felt like I had to go to the bathroom. It took about 20 minutes to subside but I had to sleep sitting up so I didn't feel the burn. YUK! I have never had this before. I have also been having some mild contrax here and there for about 10 hours. We'll just wait and see!

Welcome to all the new babies and labor vibes to all the beautiful strong mamas that need it :

Nate- thanks for the update on Katie- hope all is working out well.

Piglet- don't know how you keep up with all the dates on this board and have 2 little ones !!! You are amazing.

Ameliabedelia- sorry to hear that you had to head to the hospital. You are absolutely right about the liver being a little immature. Sounds like she's going to be just fine now.

Can't wait to see who is next!!

blessings

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#8 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

christine, i know what you mean. i'm so tired these days, yet so happy. having 2 is hard work in the sense that i don't seem to ever stop - nurse one, bathe the other, fix dinner, etc. but i am finding that i'm getting this enormous feeling of pride in myself. i don't think i even feel this way in my career work. but getting 2 kids fed, cleaned, out the door, and just making it thru the day has made me feel so accomplished - maybe because its not about me, its my children. being their mother is so fulfilling. of course i was proud with dd, but it felt alot easier, lol. this is definitely hard work - but wonderful - like a good workout!

i didn't post a QOTW this time b/c i figured we all have lots to talk about these days!!

momma2liam it must be hard to see so many arrivals, for you and the other late edd mamas. it will happen, that much you know! hang in there!

amelia, so sorry to hear about gretas visit, but so glad you are home again. i'm sure she'll be fine now!

hope katie is doing well...

oh, if i left off anybody on the list, please let me know! i won't be around much until evening, but i'll take care of it overnight

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#9 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 12:28 PM

Just checkin in! I see Pig got our thread up! I was ready to do my temporary job if need be. I just got back from draggin into cycle class and thinkin while I was there and contracting on the bike, which is reaaaaaaaaaaally uncomfortable as your leaning over it, wouldn't it be awesome if I was like boom! 9! :LOL And wonderin if my water would break sittin on there...(I wasnt the only one! :LOL)
Then went to McDonalds and then to the hfs to get some more alfalfa, where the guy who works there was sayin when I called to see if I had bought the last one last time that he was trying to look me up to call me back b/c his sister who is the natural health consultant said I lost my plug. :LOL I was like but she was telling the owner and he heard. :LOL He's crazy.

Nancy I guess we've been chattin so much you're in my dreams. I woke up feeling something like it was coming out and got up and thought it mighta been my water...nah.

I saw more plug and hey that stuff floats. :LOL The deviled egg sandwich that I haven't eaten in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars that I used to love as I kid that I had dh make me well, made itself evident when I went to the bathroom and I tooted some out. :LOL : I looked in the water and was like Hey! dh was upset that he missed checked the toilet.

That's the latest with me.

Wonderin bout Katie again...don't Nate know...course, I'm sure he's a little busy he's our update pushaman. We need a fix. :LOL

Check in later.
#10 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 12:42 PM

Ah...I am begininng to wonder if I am gonna have an Oct. baby afterall...we are fastly approaching Nov. :LOL I can't believe how off my intuition has been, so now it wouldn't surprise me. Thank goodness there is a full moon between now and then (28th)...maybe that will have an effect.

So the last few days I have been good about not obsessing about when it will happen and telling myself it'll happen when it's time...but this morning woke up thinking "OH COMMON", let today be the day :LOL Thanks Amelia, for reminding me of the perks of going over, hopefully jaundice won't be an issue for us. I am glad to hear that Greta is doing better now

I am starting to wonder if I am holding things up. Last night I was having some contx. and Ember was in bed sleeping and all of a sudden I got thinking how it would not be good to have to wake her up and transfer her to her Aunties...I am worried about how she will handle me leaving anyway, and having someone just come and stay here wouldn't work either I don't think...as it is if I wake up before her and go out into the living room when she wakes up I hear her ask Dh all panicked..."where's Mommy", so I wouldn't want to trick her like that, I don't think it would be a favorable way to introduce a sibling into her life. So the solution seems to be to go into labour during the daytime, okay Oakley? :LOL But seriously, I am one of those who believes that things will fall into place but I just want to hit it head on already...I am wearing myself out with all the scenarios, sigh.

MTJenny- Congrats on being finished work Enjoy these few days to yourself!!
#11 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 01:36 PM

Happy Birthday to the new babies Quinn, Zander, Kennedy, Greta and Ella!! There was some serious birthing going on around here recently!

Katie - I hope you are over the moon and holding a sweet little baby today. Thank you Nate for keeping us posted.

Nancy - Sounds like things are getting close for you. Easy labor vibes to you.

Letia - you always make me chuckle! And I can't believe you are still cycling. I can't seem to get my arse up the stairs these days without feeling like I'm going to die! Have you gotten the plumbing issues resolved in you apt?!?

As for me, I'm still plugging away. edd in 2 days. The onsalught of phone calls have started and the annoying questions from strangers. Yes, I am still pregnant, and yes, I still can get bigger, and I'm pretty sure my belly won't explode. grrr. Need to hibernate and stay away from the world. I'm having some gastrointestinal purging today, so I'm taking it as a sign as something is happening. Crampy and irritable, but no real contractions to speak of. Last night, DH and I did a trial run of filling the birth pool. And I spent over an hour in it last night, in absolute bliss. It was so comfortable and I was so relaxed. Damian joined me to make sure the water level wasn't too high with the displacement of 2 people in there. And for those of you that are still preggo and have a pool handy...bouyancy really helps intimacy!!! DH has been deprived of sex for almost 2 weeks (which is a loong time for us) and being in the pool is just what we needed. sorry if tmi.

need to get back to swiffering my floors. Nesting?!?
#12 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:04 PM

ahhh... the house is empty except for me and snugglebutt! I'm in heaven It's really so amazing how awesome everything has been. I can't believe it!

Flitters! Oh Flitters, come out come out wherever you are!!!!

Oakember, I feel like your next! I think I dreamt about both you and truebluexf having your babes.

Tried out the hotsling, it's going to take some practice. My crappy beat up padded nojo is working well though.

I'm so thankful things are going so well with Miles. It's like nothing's changed.

thanks to all who are posting pics! I love checking out the babes, and seeing everyone! Gottaknit your dogs are sooooo cute!

much love mama's! We'll all be holding our babes by thanksgiving :LOL
#13 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:07 PM

Girl....don't be impressed! :LOL I think I did about 20 minutes of a 45 minute class, b/c I got there late and then I had to pee once I get there and set up my bike. Course, at this point I can get my heartrate up in that amount of time and even a sweat!
The water's clear...dh turned on the heat to get it to turn brown for them today. For some reason the heat is connected to the water.... Dh said that if I felt like today was the day to open all the spicets. : So, I was able to have a few tub baths this week so its better.

I think about fillin the tub but I'm so scared about it being filled for the real thing I haven't bothered. I was really wantin some jets last night tho. Dh said he could fart.

I won't tell him about the "perk" of the water....after that internal Thursday exit only.

I *was* gonna lay down but I got to doin stuff. I guess I'll start the laundry.
#14 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 03:08 PM

Momadance, ah bless you...I'd love to be next, and of course Amy too I think we are gonna hear news from Nancy soon, she's been MIA just long enough And hopefully we get an update on Katie soon too...she MUST be holding her new one by now, I dreamt she had a girl last night so I am really curious. Funny how we are all dreaming of eachother

Your day is sounding absolutely lovely too Momadance.

Soogie- ooo, maybe the tub time will be the boost that you need to get things started

Letia don't be making light of the fact that you are only doing 20 mins of a 45 min class!!! I can't even get motivated to go for a little stroll!! You are gonna be back in your prepreg clothes long before me I tell ya!! Glad to hear the water problem is fixed!
#15 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 03:14 PM

wondering where Katie is and how she's doing! and hoping the full moon brings wonderful labor to the rest of the Oct. mommies

i think i'm getting into a routine. Pan wears Willow after a big feeding at midnight, i take my meds and fall asleep. he brings her in with him around 2 or 3 a.m. and goes to sleep, she starts waking every 20 min. or so but i keep falling asleep when she does. i hold her in the crook of my arm on top of my body pillow with the covers tucked in tightly around her, holding her in place like a sling. if that doesn't help her settle, i put her in the carseat in the cosleeper next to the bed (she hates lying flat for some reason) and she zonks out that way. we just drift in and out of those tiny little "naps" until 6 or 8 a.m. and then i get twitchy so we get up. (weird dreams: we both use body pillows and woke up hugging our pillows thinking it was the baby and we were smothering her!) so i'm getting a solid 2 hours sleep at midnight, then about 2-3 hours in little short naps. if i even try to think that i have to do this every day indefinitely, i start to lose it! but if i take it one hour at a time i feel like i'm doing okay.

i'm surprised to learn a lot of things about this newborn! like, she hates being swaddled, she prefers to kick out in all directions. she cries so hard during baths and diaper changes, which breaks my heart, but as long as she's being held while she cries she's ok afterwards (i was worried if i couldn't help her stop crying that it's CIO, but we're always holding her). my nipples started out really large and rough, now they're small and smooth, my body changes to suit her needs and her mouth ahhh, i love babymooning

peace,
meli

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#16 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 03:24 PM

Good Morning! Well, guess it's Good Afternoon for most of you!

No news here. My midwife called this morning to see how I'm doing and then said she would come over tonight to talk about everything on the "Prelabor/Prolonged Rupture of Membranes" sheet she hands out. And I'm thinking, but my water didn't really break... I've just got a little leak. :LOL But after 24 hours of walking around with a drippy crotch I guess that means my water did break. I think she was calling to reassure me about things cuz she thought I'd be worried, and here I am in total denial and not the least bit concerned. :LOL

So I need to start taking my temp every four hours (I don't even own a thermometer! Can I use the digital ear one I bought for the baby?), and being extra careful to prevent infection. Dang, no more sex. ha ha

So send me those labor vibes! I'm not having anything other than the usual BH contractions I've been having for months. Maybe I'll be one of those women who don't have any painful contractions and then just go sit on the toilet and the baby falls out. :LOL Not likely, huh?

Can't wait to hear the news on Katie! You're my inspiration!
Hope everyone else is doing well.
#17 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 03:41 PM

heeeeeeeeeeeeeey....I'm banking on being complete and ready to push. don't laugh!
#18 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 05:12 PM

Meli - So happy to read that your beginning to find your groove. Sounds like your Dh is a wanderful help and a fantastic daddy. And don't worry, you will get to sleep for more than just 2 hour naps again.

Amie - Every time I log on here I expect to read that Oakley has arrived. I am thinking about you and your little ones a lot lately and I too have a feeling that you won't be waiting much longer to meet your little man.

Nancy - Keep us updated. Sounds like you'll be baby-mooning very soon!

Oooh I really really really hope that Katie is holding her little baby right now. I can not wait to get an update.

Wish I could write more but I'm being paged...
#19 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

melly...its so true: i know this period of waking lots won't last forever. sasha seems to be a good sleeper. i'm sure it won't be long before he drops a night feed. dd did around hmmm...i think 6 weeks? i hate getting out of a warm bed, but there's no procrastinating when snuffleupagus is hungry (he makes these amazingly loud snuffly sounds and snorts, like a pig, when he's rooting around. it cracks us up!!). once i'm up i'm good. but yeah, more than 2 - 3 hours at a stretch will seem like heaven!!

good luck nancy!

thanks for the giggles letia your sense of humour is so fun!

#20 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 06:11 PM

Hey did you guys see Wed is not only a full moon but a total lunar eclipse? Or at least someone said so on the PG board. Amie, maybe Wed will be our night!!! It'll be Amy/Amie night.

Gotta go cook dinner just had to say that, should be back later.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#21 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 06:23 PM

I thought that mil was sayin it already occured! This week...well, maybe that will help some of the rest of us along.

Well, just finished having a meltdown. I wasn't much good company to be around then! I made a doc appt for tomorrow. I'd like to have a doc's opinion on things right now. I'm concerned about the whole 40+ week thing. I never paid attention b/c I figured I wouldn't be in that position. I got Dr. Ditz tho. I'm so . I have *no* confidence in her; but, she's all I get for tomorrow and the others I don't know from Adam. I want to get in sooner than later. I'm pretty anxious right now although I could use the time, its not worth something going wrong with this baby. I just won't let anyone come over!

Well, now that the meltdown is over, I should get back to laundry.
#22 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 07:11 PM

Go Nancy-lots of labor dust to you

Nothing new here either-39 wks 1 day -seems like this baby will never be here! Will I be last?? I'm so low I can only sit with my legs wide apart :LOL

Take care
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#23 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 07:57 PM

Quick eclipse info: http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=15351

Should be cool to see. I saw one in high school with friend's telescope...pretty neat!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#24 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 08:23 PM

truebluexf- Thanks for the eclipse info. Let's see- the Red Sox at game 4 in the world series, a full moon AND a total lunar eclipse??? Some of these babes will just HAVE to come out!!

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
#25 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 08:38 PM

LOL Sunshinegal!!!! What a day that could be...potential sweep for the Sox, beautiful lunar eclipse, and the arrival of a newborn -- perfect!

Still hanging out here. Saw the mw today, everything is fine of course. I asked her what I could do to get things moving (just to see what she had to say, since I already know what I could do LOL) and she doesn't like anything to be done til at least the due date. Which is too bad bc I was seriously considering asking her to do some stretching or something. I feel so bad being so impatient this time but I am just so DONE!!! I mean at the same time I kinda like our little family of 3 but it's a little late now LOL. I just want my body back, to feel comfortable when lie down, not hurt when I get up, and be able to move freely again!!!

Katie Katie Katie we are all so anxious to hear how you are doing!!!! I do so hope you have your baby in your arms now.

Nancy you really are too funny. I think you have to accept the fact now that you are indeed pregnant and about to have a baby AND have to change poopy dipes. :LOL

#26 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 08:49 PM

I went for a long walk in the rain, sat in a coffee shop for a couple hours and tried to make progress on Thank You cards (they always sound so phony), then went to a baby consignment store. The woman working there is a doula and she said her water broke three days before she went into active labor. She had a homebirth and everything turned out perfectly. I love that I live in a city where every turn I run into another homebirther! It's so nice to get a positive reaction to homebirth, instead of the horrified blank stare of the in-laws...

I haven't told anyone about my water breaking, other than the midwife, doula, and you guys. I know my mom and MIL would be totally freaked out. We tried mentioning it to MIL yesterday on the phone (thinking I'd be in labor any minute), and she said, "If your water breaks, you know it." She didn't buy the whole hind leak or outer layer breaking idea. If it doesn't happen like it happens on 'ER', it's not real I guess. :LOL Funny thing is we are supposed to let her know as soon as anything happens so she can start praying for us. She's a devout Catholic and plans to spend the entire labor praying the rosary. And here we let her know and she doesn't believe us! Cracks me up. :LOL Oh well she had her chance.

Sooo... nipple stimulation. Is this just tweaking the nipples or does someone/thing need to provide actual suction? : Things they don't teach you in school....

One more thing: Guess what we are naming the baby if it's a girl.... It's DH's grandma's name and we'd been planning to use it from the beginning, but with the Red Sox in the world series and all it's kinda funny now. Starts with 'R'..... (and don't any of you steal the name or else!!! :LOL )
#27 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 08:49 PM

hi mamas!

i'm still around, thanks for checking momadance!!!

i LOVE hearing about all the new babies and seeing the pictures! congratulations to all the new mamas!

gosh, lucysmama, you're amazing. i hope active labor went well and you are holding your new baby by now!

wannabmommie, it cracks me up that your local healthfood store knows the status of your mucous plug!

i'm doing well. baby is SOOO low. had a midwife appointment today and even she was impressed with how low this one is. it is sort of our last appointment cause she felt no need to schedule another since she expects to hear from me in labor in the next couple days. i can't wait! i'm READY and so EXCITED!!! dh and i keep telling the baby to come out now. we'll take a belly picture today and i'll put it up on yahoo.

most of my body still feels really good. just my crotch is a minor complaint, and general minor discomfort at night in bed. we went and worked out yesterday which was great and i've started doing a fast jogging walk when we take our dogs to the park. dh laughs at me cause i'm quite a sight with my big belly, hustling along, not actually moving faster than him just walking.

it's interesting hearing about the waters breaking... i've had a couple times when i felt something drip, but it's always just discharge (obvious from its milkiness). fun. actually, the biggest surprise i've had in pregnancy continues to be the amount of extra shmutz. i don't like to sleep with underwear and i have to wash the sheets cause i leave little snail prints now. it's very silly.

can't wait to hear about more new babes!!!
and can't wait to share news about ours whenever it decides to arrive!!!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#28 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 09:42 PM

I'm so glad I have you guys...I am just : about just about everything that I just read...too much to respond individually cuz you're all crackin me up.

So I have been feeling a definate increase in pressure, can't tell if it's the start of something yet or if I am just sore from sitting on the floor with Ember for an hour...but I am having to run to the bathroom quite frequently too, so I went for a walk to try to see if that helps. Got back and Dh had cooked a yummy dinner that I have a definate appetite for right now so it's a good night regardless :LOL Maybe it's all just building up for Wed. that'd be really cool to be born under those circimstances Thanks for the info Amy...it would be totally cool if we have our turn together

Nancy I am so excited that you are getting closer! I think that taking your temp. by ear would be fine, you are really just screening your temp. and I am sure you will notice if it goes up. The nipple stim. they usually seem to refer to is actual suction (as in when they gather statistics) but I am sure that just tweaking does something too, can't hurt. There is also a spot on the back of your leg, it's supposed to be about 4 fingerwidths up from your ankle that is a pressure point for your uterus...maybe try that! And one other thing that I read in the same book, hold a comb in your hand with the teeth into your palm and squeeze during your contractions...it's supposed to make them stronger.
#29 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 10:06 PM

Oh yeah! Nipple stimulation! I tried it a couple times the past week just to see how it works, and it does! I didn't use suction though, I just kind of rolled one nipple between my fingers while I played on the pc or watched tv for 10 minutes or so...and it certainly brought on some contractions.

Also wanted to add I'm about to post a couple pics of DS helping out at the mw today. He has the whole routine down and digs out the equipment before she can get the chance!!! :LOL

#30 of 216 Old 10-25-2004, 11:19 PM

Hey everyone, I was just checking in to see about Katie...I'm trying to read posts but I'm kinda bleary eyed. I'm almost kinda envious of you mamas still pregnant. It seems like a lifetime ago. I keep thinking, ah it was so much easier when he lived inside me. Just still adjusting to it all.

Nipple stimulation: what kicked my early labor directly into active was nursing logan for 20 minutes (down for a nap). Cntrx went from 7 min apart to 1.5 min apart- and freakin painful. Then afterwards they spaced to about 2-3 min apart. My mw told me about using the shower for nip. stim. also. Just let the water fall on your breasts. When I did this, my cntrx were right on top of each other. I would turn around and face the water which would bring on a cntrx, then turn back around to have the water hit my back. If you have a breastpump, that would work really well. Otherwise, Nancy - Logan's available if you want me to send him over.
Rolling the nipples are also good.

Did I just write a whole paragraph about nipples?

My little nursaholic just woke up, so gotta go.
((((labor vibes))) to all you anxious mamas still waiting. I'm thinking of you all. I looked at my beads during some really intense times at the end of labor and it was very comforting.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page