sunshinegal 10/25 Fiona 10/28, 8 lb 2 oz
AngelBee 10/25 Angelo Richard 10/22, 7 lb 10 oz, 20"
truebluexf 10/27 Lillian Nora 10/31, 8 lb 8 oz, 20"
Soogie 10/27 *prediction: Oct 27 or 28*
ameliabedelia 10/29 Greta Marie 10/19, 7 lb 13 oz, 20"
flitters 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
momtol&a Olivia 11/05, 8 lb 1 oz, 22"

Soooo, looks like a few of our October mamas are going to birth in November. Hope you always consider yourselves "october mamas"!

I've updated the list and removed alot of names that we haven't heard from in ages. If anyone wants to be added back just PM me...

This just *might* be our last weekly thread here. Join us in the Life With a Babe forum as we continue this amazing journey together!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2004, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, thanks Piglet for rubbing it in! Yes, it's November 1st, and still no baby in sight for me. 5 days late and no contractions. I'm growing bigger and grumpier by the day. I just want to meet this babe already. We've tried lots o' sex (much to Damian's delight!), nipple stimulation, and lots of walking. But nothing. Nipple stimulation brings on contractions for about an hour and then they stop. Walking does didly squat and sex, well, it makes DH smile, that's about it. It was so nice having Damian home for the weekend. I was able to rest and nap when I needed, but today he is back to work, and I have to be the parent. And all I want to do is crawl back in bed.

Trying really really hard to be patient....

Congrats on all the new babies. I skimmed the last thread but my mind is blanking on me...
Old 11-01-2004, 01:55 PM

Hang in there ladies!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 01:59 PM

Oh crumb I just posted on last weeks thread.

Well, no baby for us yet. We had a mid-Ocober due date :LOL So I am over 2 weeks 'late'

Have tried cornsilk and homeopathic black and blue...not a darn thing :LOL

I have developed a terrible cough that causes me to gag and prevents me from talking easily. I told dh its hard to hold my crotch, head and cough at the same time. And I have got sore tummy muscles from coughing.

Once I get over the cough I have castor oil waiting should I get brave enough to try it...

My poor dh has been off work for a week waiting for this baby to come and taking care of me and the girls being my fuse is rather short. I feel badly for him burning his maternity leave and no baby.

to the other October mommies who are still waiting...
Old 11-01-2004, 02:06 PM

MomtoL&A- major s...to be so far overdue and also not feeling well...you poor thing!

Ah Soogie, you made me laugh..at least your DH has a smile on his face

Ember's birthday is Nov.6 so I think that Nov. is a good month to have a baby in too I posted labor vibes for you this morning in the other thread
Old 11-01-2004, 03:24 PM

YAY!!!! Another baby boom!

Congratulations Nancy, Amy and Sunshinegal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Henry, Lillian and Fiona!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: : : : :

Oh, Ekathrina, I sure hope this is it for you!!!!

momto l&a - I really hope you get your turn soon too, you've been waiting soooooo long! I think my son has that same cold. He has such a nasty cough! I bet that would be painful at 42 weeks!!!!

Soogie, :LOL Hope your attempts to start labour will soon be successful, but at least you have a happy hubby in the meantime!

November is great! My son was also a November baby!

kathy::
Old 11-01-2004, 03:28 PM

Maybe we should say October/November mamas. Well, it had to be some of the later Oct ones inevitably. It wasn't gonna be the kid tho. That baby wasn't even going to be born on the 31!

I let d ()h have it. I feel better now. :LOL I think I might move the changing table in the living room. Then everybody who wants to see can and not all my laundry and messy dresser.

I have to visit LWAB! after diapering. I need to wash dipes today! :
Old 11-01-2004, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Piglet is on the ball as usual and I posted on the other thread....

Still here...guess this baby didn't want to be an October baby after all...

Tried lots of "natural inducers" these last few days and nada, nothing I know, I know, when the baby is ready...but that does get old doesn't it!!??
And then DH has the nerve to tell me that he cleared his schedule to take this week off but "can't" take next week off because of his meeting schedule so I better hurry up! Oh the foolish man...he should know better than to say something so dumb and maddening! I just gave him "the look"

So just waiting and need to get a new "going home" outfit since the other one was a pumpkin outfit!

So happy for all you mamas holding your babies Enjoy!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:01 PM

hi! just checking in!
hugs to everyone.
november babe is fine by me, i just hope it's early november!!!
today would be great!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
Old 11-01-2004, 08:13 PM

to you, pregnant mamas!

Momto l&a, I would really recommend avoiding the castor oil, but that's just based on my experience last week. It really was a nightmare for me. Pooping during hard contractions is not fun at all. It was probably the most unpleasant experience of my life! Of course, maybe you have done it before, and had a different time.

Gotta go, Levi wants his nursers.....
Old 11-01-2004, 08:23 PM

Just have a bit of time to send CONGRATS and welcome to babies Tara, Lillian and Fiona!!! : : :

And to those still waiting, I hope it all starts soon for you!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:32 AM

Hey.........................I'm not on the roll call!

Well.I just found out that my mom erased my entry to all of you. I was writing to let you know Angelo Richard had arrived!

He was born on Oct 22 at 140am 7lbs 10 oz 20 in long

I wrote a huge letter to all of you but Angelo needed to nurse. So I ran in the other room to nurse him........having trouble doing two things at one time still........my mom got on the computer. I asked her if she posted my message and she said yes.

I just started reading last weeks posts and apparrently she did something wrong. I had no post!

I haven't been on except like twice since he was born. Congrats to all of the mommas who have had there babies. Birthing Vibes to those who have babies that are so comfy in the tummy they don't want to come out! They will soon. They just don't realize how fun it is out here.

I will post Angelo's birth story and pic soon!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 11-02-2004, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

You're on, AngelBee! Congrats on your son!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 11-02-2004, 12:01 PM

Well life with babe is fun. Very challenging but very fun. I had two days of anxiety attacks and freaking out how in the world am I going to do this but now i feel better. Tara developed jaundice. We have to have her on the bili blanket (since there isn't much for sunlight) so needless to say waking her up to nurse is quite fun. : I have to say I like the ped. we picked out. He is really nice.

I read some tlak about natural vs pitocin induction. Now that I have expreince w/ both I much prefer a castor oil induction than a pitocin one. I'll post my birth story soon. Happy birthday to all the new babes!

Happy laboring to all you mommas left. You have my strongest labor vibes going your way.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:37 PM

YAY!!! Congratulations Angela and welcome Angelo!!!!!!

Momma2Liam - Sorry to hear that your little one is jaundiced. I hope she will be better soon! I know what you mena about no sunlight! It's been gloomy and gray here for most of the past 2 weeks! Can't wait for another truly sunny day!

Ekathrina has didn't post at all last night, hmmmmmmm . . . .

Old 11-02-2004, 01:43 PM

Congratulations AngelBee!!!!

: Welcome to the world Angelo!!!!!!!!!!

Poor little Harrison was soooo gassy last night. I had a falafel for lunch, which was very very yummy by the way, but my poor little guy paid for it dearly. He would begin to relax and fall asleep and then all of a sudden his eyes would pop open and he'd strat to wriggle around and make little fussy noises. I would change his position he would have a little burp and spit up a bit and then fuss until he drifted back into a light uncomfortable sleep. This went on for almost 2 hours. Finally at 11:30pm he gave up 2 humoungus burps and fell dead asleep for the night. Didn't even wake up to nurse until 5am.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:43 PM

Congrats and Angela and welcome little Angelo!!! I have been wondering about you! :

Oh and I too would recommend the castor oil over pitocin.

Ekatherina...I am hoping this is it for you
Old 11-02-2004, 01:46 PM

Hey yeah where is Ekatherina? I hope she's MIA 'cause she's holding a sweet little baby right now.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:58 PM

Ah Harrison, you poor gassy boy!

I keep expecting Willow to get fussy and gassy or something. My diet has been terrible, darn that halloween candy!!! I can't stop eating tons of chocolate because it's just so tasty!!! Luckily it doesn't seem to be affecting her (knocking on wood). I need to go eat something healthy now.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:58 PM

Just checking in...nothing new here

Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Dito for me :
Old 11-02-2004, 04:15 PM

I guess I'm a little tired! I just copied what I posted on last week's thread - Jillian's waking up, will check in later!!!

Congratulations to all the new Mamas!!! I've sure been missing out your great birth stories!

Welcome Lillian, Henry, Tara, and Fiona!!! Happy Birthday!!! : They all seem like such healthy babies!!! Way to go Mamas!!!
: :

Regarding using swings and all that stuff, I think it took us about a week to "adjust" our perfect parenting image and realize that we need to be well rested and happy as parents in order to be happy toward Jillian. Definitely much better than getting frustrated at her because WE'RE tired!!! Now I have so much respect for all the AP mothers that have come before me!!!

Hey Susan, I had cracked nipples, but it does get much better. Just make sure the latch is good! I haven't worn a bra yet, and airing my nipples out w/Lansinoh really helped! Hang in there!

Well, just as I was getting over cracked nipples, I started feeling really, really worn down. Eventually I was sobbing to my dh "I just can't do this anymore... I feel sore EVERYWHERE, I'm exhausted, I'm not hungry... etc." 2 hrs later my temp was 102. Turns out I had been coming down w/mastitis... wow what another hurdle!!! I don't really remember 2 days - fever went up to 104, chills, shakes, migraine, and of course one breast feeling like it was going to fall off. Antibiotics have kicked in and I feel great, just still worn down! Basically, dh and Jillian had a lot of time together, so the good side is that he's much more comfortable handling her and suddenly telling me, "no, no, she doesn't like it like that... here's what you do..."

I guess I should check in on the Life w/a Babe thread, but I'm anxious for those of you waiting! Let's see, Ekatherina (sorry about all your starts/stops, wish I could be more helpful, Jenny (crossing my fingers for you to birth this baby by Thursday!), Ann (I won't ask "isn't it time yet?"), momtol&a (great attitude, that you'll have a baby sometime this month! although very frustrating! , and...???
Old 11-02-2004, 04:45 PM

Quote:
This applies to me too.

I have a mw appt this afternoon so I guess we'll be discussing what to do next...other than sit and wait which is getting increasingly difficult to do!

Ann - Be on the lookout for something from the postman. Hopefully your new babe will arrive before the package does!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:30 PM

Oh Mandi, so sorry to hear about the mastitis. Sounds awful! Glad you're on the mend!

trueblue - I haven't got your package finished yet! I think it'll be worth the wait though, lol!

Court - I got your package on Friday!!!! I love everything that you sent me. I will also send out a proper thank you, but wanted you to know that I did get it. Thank you !!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2004, 05:36 PM

Hang in there mama's!!!!

At least it's easier to make it to the polls with our dragging out a wee one!

Just wanted to check in with Ya'll!!1

:
Old 11-02-2004, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR33
same here!

i have a great little video to share of how dh and i celebrated halloween... it's under files (sprogletPumpkin.mpg) on the yahoo group. worth the download, i think it's funny (5MB). oh, and when you play it, turn on the sound.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
Old 11-02-2004, 11:19 PM

Kathy- I'm so relieved you got the package. Boy it takes a while for things to get to Canada. I was so worried that customs was gonna keep it or lose it or something, and then you'd think I'd forgotten about ya. Anyways, glad you liked it

Mandi- sorry about the mastitis- but glad you are on the mend. I had that once while on vacation, and it felt like the flu, it was awful. Sorry you're having to experience all the hurdles right up front like this.

To everyone else- (((labor vibes))) and hugs...I'll keep checkin back to hear about the babies...can't be too much longer.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 11-02-2004, 11:51 PM

I had an appointment with my midwife this afternoon and while I was there she decided to check me. I'm 2cm dilated but she could almost stretch me to 4, but my cervix would close back down again. Baby is already +1 station. No wonder why my crotch hurts! She sweeped my membranes and applied arnica oil to my cervix. And about 1/2 hr after my appt, I started having contractions. It's been 4 hrs now
and I'm still having them, now closer to 5 minutes apart(were at 7) but not very strong. I'm hoping this is the start of something...so be thinking of me and maybe my next post will be a birth announcement.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:27 AM

Susan my fingers are crossed for you. I'm so curious to find out if you've got a boy or a girl waitin' in the wings!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:57 AM

Sending labor vibes your way Susan
-someone better use them if I can't!

:
Ann

User Tag List