Week of April 7th .... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 04-07-2004, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies ~

How is everyone doing? I'm at the exhaustion (but I can't sleep well because dh is out of town) phase. The morning sickness is pretty much gone. I am going to try starting the prenatals back up tonight.

My clothes are getting extremely tight around my midsection. If the waist is elestic, I'm OK for a while. I just hate going out to buy non maternity clothes for just a few weeks.

I'm not feeling as pregnant right now. I think my life is still getting in the way of sitting down and enjoying the pregnancy. I barely have time to check these boards let alone leave a comment. Speaking of which I should get back to work.

Happy Hump Day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 04-07-2004, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by heatherevond
I just hate going out to buy non maternity clothes for just a few weeks.
I'm sure you know this, but just thought I would remind you that clothes you buy for this stage can double as post-maternity clothes, when you still aren't fitting back into your regular clothes.

I'm 9 weeks today!

I'm doing well. I had my first appointment today! We tried to hear "bubba's" heartbeat, but we weren't able to. He was hiding. I say "he" because I have a really strong feeling that this is going to be a boy and I was right last time with my intuition so I'm going to trust it and if I'm wrong...oh well! It was so fun just going back to the birth center though and getting to see everyone that helped to make my pregnancy and delivery an absolute success with dd! Well, I better run for now. (((((HUGS))))) Mama's and good luck!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#3 of 18 Old 04-07-2004, 07:19 PM

Tired, I feel really useless because I have such a hard time getting anythig that doesn't involve reading the boards done.

I'm pooching, and have enough loose pants to get buy for awhile, but we haven't told some folks, and I'm hoping they just think I'm putting on a few pounds.

Had a good visit with the accupuncturist who thinks things are going quite well.

My GP suggested no sex for awhile and I woke up really bothered about it (no solo sex either, arghhh!) and so I'm counting the days until the next u/s. Right now I'm too tired to care.
#4 of 18 Old 04-07-2004, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gonnabeamom
My GP suggested no sex for awhile and I woke up really bothered about it (no solo sex either, arghhh!) and so I'm counting the days until the next u/s.
Ohhh....I'm so sorry mama! I haven't been much in the mood lately, but if I was told that it was off-limits, I know it would definitely bother me then. It's for your baby though, so I know you can make it. The real question is can your dh/dp make it???

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 18 Old 04-07-2004, 11:30 PM

7 weeks today. Nausea has settled a bit but it's still making me feel pretty bad. I'm still so tired.
My stomach is a little bit bigger, and my clothes are uncomfortable. I can't stand having anything touch my stomach.
Going to the inlaws for Easter, we will probably tell them because they will definately notice that I won't be eating all the chocolate like I usually do.
#6 of 18 Old 04-08-2004, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

I just had to say that the sickness was decreasing. Why did I put my foot in my mouth?

scheelimama - Thanks for the tip. DH thinks I need to get my maternity clothes back from a friend. I told him I will need more than that. He said I may not be working past 20 weeks. GAH! He expects me to get sick this pregnancy. I didn't quit work due to pregnancy with Thomas. We moved for pete's sake. Then I was on moderate bedrest for 5 weeks. MEN!!

Good night all!
#7 of 18 Old 04-08-2004, 02:02 PM

I am starting to feel a little better with the nausea and vomiting. This pregnancy I have felt so tired, to the point where I want to stay in bed all day. Maybe it's because it's twins I don't know. I have very mixed emotions about the twins, I am excited but scared to death. I guess we will see how it goes.
#8 of 18 Old 04-08-2004, 02:30 PM

rashelle! twins! wow. that *is* exciting. also, i think it makes you some kind of celebrity in the november due date club!

we need a smiley with a tiara.

around here, there is no puking, but remaining functional through the nausea while cooking is requiring serious food monitoring. i'm eating like 5 small meals a day--last night i thought i was done, went to bed, and had to get up to eat some bread and cheese. and my food aversions have reached the point where i really had to force myself to taste the stuff i was making yesterday. algh. heck, i couldn't even go to the part of the kitchen where the onions were cooking! whee.

pee frequency (5 times last night, woo) and boob growth are continuing apace, too--i'm thrilled, really, because to me it's all further indication that the little creature is growing and alive. well, and it's fun to have boobs that stick out.

starting to let myself obsess a little about diapers. fitted or prefold? hemp or cotton? *dizzy*

love to the mamas,
*j
#9 of 18 Old 04-08-2004, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

I was trying to find your post announcing the twins. I guess that was it. Congrats. DH and I joked about twins but there was only one in there when we looked last week.

I don't feel "normal" but I'm not feeling overtly pregnant. I want to go pee on a stick or have another u/s to make sure everything is ok. I'm very tempted to rent the doppler this pregnancy but it is way to early right now. I'm not quite 8 weeks.
#10 of 18 Old 04-08-2004, 02:39 PM

Jecaly, speaking of diapers I am going to be doing some serious sewing! I was thinking I would make 40 or so tiny newborn diapers (fitteds), and 36 one-sizers. And a bunch of covers. I need to wait to see if I am having boys or girls or both though. We figured that with clothdiapering and breastfeeding the twins we could save $4000 minimum, yea.

As for the big twin annoucment I did it in the wrong thread a few days ago, one of the March ones, opps!
#11 of 18 Old 04-08-2004, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RaShelle-I think I somehow missed your twins announcement too, so here`s my response:

very exciting, but probly a bit scary too. I've been wondering about twins, but for no good reason. All will be revealed on Monday when we go for our first u/s.

to all those experiencing m/s and to gonnabe for the no sex rule. Dw &I are too scared of m/c to have sex and I agree, it's really tough! But it will all be worth it (that's my mantra).

Thought I was feeling better today but went for a going away lunch with office mates at a cafeteria style place & almost lost it. I think I might need to go find some chips to calm myself down. Weirdly they seem to help, and I was very affirmed when my mw said it was normal to be craving salt and gave me a flyer saying that chips are often a good cure for m/s. Between that & the chocolate post on the main site, watch out! :LOL

I think I may have a bladder infection So I'm drinking cranberry juice by the gallon, which is sour so it goes down well, but also acidic! Ouch!

It`s so good to be able to gripe to all of you--thanks for listening. I have to say that overall I'm getting much more relaxed about this pg--much less anxious about m/c, and not even counting the days in exactly the same way.

Heather-this being my first, I have to confess that I have bought a pair of those now & after maternity pants -stretchy enough to be comfy, no panel so I don`t feel self-conscious, but kinda pricey. But it`s a help--I'm getting tired of being uncomfortable & I've got weeks before I can tell people at the office.

Off to visit my folks for the Easter wknd, hoping to see my cousin who is so excited for us & has been saving baby stuff for years. See you all on Tuesday!
#12 of 18 Old 04-09-2004, 01:08 AM

6 wks and 5 days here. Just found out yesterday that a homebirth is doable and I'm really excited about it.

So far smells are driving me crazy, even the smell of my own pee and I could barely wash diapers the other day. I am not throwing up, but I am getting nausea and heartburn. I'm really really tired. I only made it through warm ups at yoga class tonight. I feel OLD...

Well..it'll be icky for a while yet...I'll be looking forward to hearing heartbeats in a few weeks meanwhile. Hopefully only one baby here!!

Congrats on the twins Rashelle..it's scary to think about huh??

Hugs,
#13 of 18 Old 04-09-2004, 02:00 AM

You know it was much easier to go without sex when I was worried, now that things seem okay it's much harder.

I am a little less nausesous and a lot more tired. Instead of being totally non-functional in the afternoon I was tired all day.

I shelled out for Maternity bras today. Wow Sticker shock, but worth it.

I even went and looked at diaper covers.

I've been reading the boards too long so must go to bed now.
#14 of 18 Old 04-09-2004, 10:40 AM

7 weeks, 1 day here

Feeling really great, except for being totally exhausted! I think it is a combo of being PG, nursing my son, and chasing him all over tarnation now that it is finally warm enough to be spending our days outside. My DH is on L&D every single night this month. Not having a break is really wearing on me --- and the month has just begun!

Still not showing. Not really pukey, but no real appetite either. Can't complain!
#15 of 18 Old 04-09-2004, 11:46 PM

As of today I am 9 2/7 days pg. I haven't been keeping track so I had to look it up lol!

I've been "sick as a dawg" as we say in the South. I am so nauseous ALL the freaking time. I don't throw up, just have dry heaves and stuff. And exhausted. I'll tell you something, this is proof that teens only worry about themselves, because none of mine have suspected anything that we know of.

I am due November 10th. That date will be the one year anniversary of my dad's funeral When my dad died suddenly last November 4th (my mom went to get her hair cut and came home to find him dead of a heart attack in the backyard) I said "I am so glad my dad knew all of his grandchildren". Funny how God works sometimes.
#16 of 18 Old 04-12-2004, 11:52 AM

I'm 10 weeks now... still sick and tired all the time. I went to the midwife on Saturday and found out we probably won't hear the heartbeat till 18 weeks (cause she doesn't use a doppler)! I'm ok with that, but I wish I could hear it now... I'm not too worried about the baby, though. I feel like everything is ok. The only thing I'm worried about is where we are going to get $2000 for this birth! :LOL

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#17 of 18 Old 04-12-2004, 12:31 PM

Well..

I am 7 weeks 2 days...still getting nauseated but not throwing up. Yesterday we went to the zoo and the reptile house was so closed and hot that I had to run out of there..

I wonder if you have the same midwife as we do amanda? I see her for my first visit next week...she already told me we won't be hearing the heartbeat.

Anyway, my main problem is sheer exhaustion. I feel like I can't get motivated or get anything done but eat.

OH..and I cloth diaper my son..and lately I can't change his poopies w/o gagging..I don't know what I'm going to do with this one...it's not like he can stop pooping. Tom took poop duty all weekend, but I'll have to do it today...and I need to wash the stinky diapers too..aaaaagh..

Happy Monday...
#18 of 18 Old 04-12-2004, 04:31 PM

Meg,
I hear you on the poopy diaper thing. There were a couple this weekend that I had to hand over to Steve.
Amanda,
We have that going on too although we only have to come up with $1600 but we have no insurance so homebirth is still less expensive.

10 weeks here now too. I am sick and tired and at the point where food isn't tasting good which worries me because I am losing weight. I suppose I shouldn't complain being sick is a good sign I suppose.

I am sooo tired but it is impossible to get any rest with my crazy
( we should have an crazy whirlwind type emoticon) son running around.

Stephany

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page