Hi! I'm new here, 1st time preg, due 11/24/04 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-08-2004, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi.. I'm new here, really happy to find some people to chat with about all this new stuff going on with my body and my head! I'm 35, first pregnancy, really happy about it and also scared. My due date is 11/24/04. I figured the due date club seemed like a good place to start. This forum site os so huge and overhwelming. My partner and I (we're gay) inseminated with a known donor, at home, and it worked on our first try! Everyone said, oh, it'll take you a year that way. But it didn't. so here we go. I'm 7 weeks 2 days. Tired, peeing, queezy, cranky! The hardest part right now is the mood thing. Partner is over it, which makes me cry and feel alone. Then we make up. Whoa, this is hard.
#2 of 7 Old 04-08-2004, 02:28 PM

WELCOME!

Congrats! So glad you're here. I am also a dyke having a tyke! We got pg on our second IUI, and quickly had a miscarriage, but are now pg for good on our 4th try! We were also shocked to get pg so quickly--but you are a Fertility Queen! sorry to hear your feeling so gross! Enjoy this forum--this site is overwhelming but very friendly too!

so glad to meet you-check out our photo below!
#3 of 7 Old 04-08-2004, 02:29 PM

welcome, stanya, and congratulations!

that's amazing that you inseminated yourselves, at home--very impressive.

we're all a bunch of moody, peeing, nauseated freaks around here, so you're in good company.

*j
#4 of 7 Old 04-08-2004, 05:43 PM

Welcome!

I'm a first timer (pregancy) too! I'm 33. I share all your symptoms and just a few days short of your due date. This site is overwhelming and great! I'm a little scared to stray too far from this forum so far!

Best of luck,

Kathy
#5 of 7 Old 04-09-2004, 11:27 AM

Welcome Stanya...

As someone else said, we're all a bunch of miserable, exhausted people now

I always called myself myrtle the fertile turtle..I humbly pass the distinction to you!!

Hey, you gay couples..I have a dumb question...are both of you going to attempt bfing?? I understand it can be done with adoptive children, so I was just curious? Ok..I'm unnaturally NOSY...
#6 of 7 Old 04-09-2004, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Hi everyone! So great to meet you, to get replies! I felt so alone in other forums!

wan2bemama: Congratulations on successful pregnancy! (phew).. and on the marriage! We got married a few years ago, a big , beautiful, illegal wedding for love, but then missed the cut-off in SF last month! oh well.. glad you're here.

jecaly; hi! yeah, all the yucky feelings plus, did i mention i broke my ankle at 4 weeks? add cast and crutches and no painkillers and you have one kvetchy mommy...

megamama: hi. i think it is possible for two to breast feed, wet nursing is as old as the hills. we won't do it, cuz my partner is super butch, not exactly fond of having boobs in the first place!

so glad to meet you all!
#7 of 7 Old 04-10-2004, 08:26 PM

EEK! A broken ankle on top of the moodiness, peeing all the time and the m/s.

Your partner should be glad you are still human!

Welcome. Best wishes for a happy 9 months.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page