Sore, tender breasts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-08-2004, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I know it's normal for your breast size to increase and for them to be tender or sore. But now? With my first, it was immediate. I had gone up about 2 cup sizes before I got a positive pregnancy test - although my husband just kept looking and saying he knew something was going on test or not With my 2nd I was still nursing and didn't notice any difference after he weaned. This time I ddin't notice any differnce and thought it was maybe because I've done this all before. Then around 15 or 16 weeks I started getting sharp shooting pains in my breasts. They started, not so much increasing, as firming back up ( post nursing, um, saggies). Now I'm 18, almost 19, and it's still shooting pains and their tender all the time.

Doesn't it seem wierd that it would happen now? and I remember the tenderness going away after the first trimester (when I got it with my first); when is is going to go when it starts now?

edited to add: in addition to the shooting pains, I'm now getting the tightening, hard, heavy feeling of letting down. Seems strange at 18 wks and no milk. It doesn't even happen in relation to anything.
#2 of 7 Old 06-08-2004, 07:46 AM

I can't really help, but to say it's been the same with me (I'm 15 almost 16 weeks) With my first I had the pain and tenderness from the beginning until about 16 weeks then it went away, with this one it started around 9 weeks and is still there. And they've just got bigger and firmer. I'm still breastfeeding though. (and I want to scream each time, it is so painful)
I don't know, each pregnancy is different I guess.
#3 of 7 Old 06-08-2004, 07:46 PM

Yup, me too. The were fine the whole first tri, now I am just about 19 weeks and they are killing me! I am also still nursing my 2 yo, but we are down to once a day...although that one time feels like he is sucking the blood from my veins through my nipples!
#4 of 7 Old 06-08-2004, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I should just be glad my 2nd weaned himself so young - although it broke my heart at the time. I don't miss nursing while pregnant.
#5 of 7 Old 06-09-2004, 12:40 AM

I'm the same way and was actually thinking about posting about it to see if it was normal. My first pregnancy, my breasts and nipples were soooo.... tender and sore that I couldn't stand to be touched whatsoever until well past my first trimester. Sometime during the second tri things got much better and almost normal as far as my breasts are concerned. But this pregnancy, also was still nursing (I think I'm seeing a correlation here...) no tenderness or soreness the first tri. It started gradually and I actually thought maybe it was yeastiness, since I struggled w/thrush constantly while nursing dd. But she weaned suddenly about 3 weeks ago and the pain (mostly just soreness) continues. And, it has gradually gotten worse. At first I wasn't too sore, but now, I can't hardly handle any fondling of the breasts or nipples by dh (poor guy). I hope this doesn't last the whole pregnancy.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#6 of 7 Old 06-09-2004, 02:39 AM

My daughter weaned about 4 months before I got pg. I didn't have any of the first trimester breast soreness, but my nipples have been so sensitive. And my dd manages to pinch them or hit them. Ouch!
#7 of 7 Old 06-09-2004, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2amelia
And my dd manages to pinch them or hit them. Ouch!
Mine too! In fact, she just grabbed my nipple b/c she thought she was falling off my lap. OUCH!!!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page