Baby's mov't - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-01-2004, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How often do you feel your baby move. I feel like this baby isn't moving around enough, but maybe I am just being paranoid. I only feel it moving around 3 or 4 times out of the day. I mean when I feel it moving, it normallly bounces around for a few minutes before stopping, but shouldn't I be feeling it more often?
#2 of 6 Old 07-02-2004, 08:27 AM

I think fetal movement can depend on quite a few things:your activity level, what have you consumed recently, and also, fetal sleep patterns as well.

I feel my baby move at all different times and I could be sitting here typing and feel movements or not, in bed and feel them or not, it really just depends on the timing, I guess.
HTH
#3 of 6 Old 07-02-2004, 01:33 PM

well, this babe moves pretty frequently at night. I would think that as long as you can feel something it would be okay.
#4 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 10:50 AM

I think it also depends on the baby. Dd didn't move as much as this one. And a friend of mine said her second moved alot less, especially early on, and was born as healthy as can be. So it could just be personality.

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#5 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 11:31 AM

I agree that it depends on the baby, but it also depends on the mama! I am a little overweight, so I didn't feel baby move much at first. Also, when I first started feeling the baby, I only felt it in the front. Just last night a I felt a kick toward the back. The babe may be facing your back, making it harder to feel movement. Plus, if you are up and moving around, you may not notice baby moving like you would if you were sitting or lying down.

I agree that as long as you're feeling some movement, you're probably fine. In a couple weeks you might be posting that the babe is keeping you awake at night because s/he's moving so much! (That happened to me last night--almost 2 hours of jumping, kicking, and rolling!!--not straight through of course, only when I was about to fall asleep!)
#6 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies ladies. Since I posted this, the baby has decided to become a little wiggle worm and is moving around all day long, so I am not so worried anymore.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page