Week of August 9 - Our Predictions!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 08-09-2004, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd go ahead and start the weekly thread again since it hadn't been started yet. I had a rough weekend. We visited some friends and I slept on a hard mattress on the floor and I forgot all my extra fluffy pillows. :cry My back was achy all weekend and I woke up with a headache both mornings. It was pretty fun though, seeing some old friends and a brand new baby (4 days old when we visited!)

Anyway, I don't have a whole lot of new news to update you all with. My nb stash is complete and I'm working on size medium dipes now, though they aren't nearly as fun. Oh, I do need to make some preemie sized prefolds/stuffers for my dipes and to use before my dipes fit baby.

My 15 mo. old is cutting several teeth so life hasn't been too grand since last Tuesday. She cut 2 eye teeth last week and has a molor coming through today. Her gums look so sore. Poor thing. I'm hoping this will mean that she'll take to solids soon though. Molors should make it easier to eat, I would think.

Well, I am 26w 4d I think, and plugging along. I feel like my belly is the perfect size right now. I'd really like it to stay this size, though many people tell me I look really small to be 6 months along. I feel big enough!

Okay, time for the QOTW:
I was looking in the October forum b/c I couldn't think of what to ask this week and I noticed that many of them had made predictions. I thought that sounded like a fun idea. So, tell us what day(s) you think your baby will be born (you can pick 1 day, 2 days or a time frame). Also, tell us what you predict your labor will be like, baby's size, and what gender the baby will be if you do not know. Of course, if you don't want to make any predictions that is fine, just go ahead and update us.

My predictions: Baby will be a boy born on Nov. 13 or 14 and active labor will start with my water breaking during the night and will last approximately 3.5 hours. Baby will weigh in right around 8 lbs. Well, we'll see.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#2 of 26 Old 08-09-2004, 05:09 PM

Great QOTW, Alisha! First, my update. I really don't know how far along I am... 27 1/2 weeks maybe? All I know is I am *officially* in the third trimester. Yea! I think I may have gone overboard on the dipes, but maybe not... I currently have or have ordered 33 nbs, 32 smalls (these are the fitteds), and as for covers, 5 soakers, 1 pair of soaker shorts, 4 pairs of longies, 2 snapping wool covers, 2 fleece covers, and 1 pair of fleece pants. I reallly don't have an unlimited diapering budget or anything... I've just been thrifty and traded a lot!

Ok, QOTW: I'll go into labor on Halloween, but the baby won't be born till the 1st. It'll weigh 9lbs and be a boy. Labor will be shorter than with dd (20 hours) but not by too much.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#3 of 26 Old 08-09-2004, 05:37 PM

I'm 27w today. Woohoo! Just yesterday I was telling Dave that I thought I'd be bigger by now and that I'm really happy with my size. Today at work a new hire (salesman) asked when I was due and when I told him he freaked out in a very negative, nonsensitive way at how "huge" my belly is.

Here's my prediction: Livi will be birthed on either Oct. 30th or 31st (depending on her preference) at home, peacefully in the water. Birthing will be almost completely unassisted and will last about four hours, starting in the late morning. She'll weigh 7lbs 2oz and be 21 inches long.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#4 of 26 Old 08-09-2004, 07:35 PM

wow, you guys are specific! what a fun qotw.

lessee, i'm...25w5d, and loving the belly. monika, the nerve of that salesman! rar. no one has said anything too offensive to me just yet--i'm still getting used to the strangers asking me when i'm due thing, but i guess it's just human instinct to take an interest in other pregnant humans. d says that it's fun to go in public with me now because of all the looks i get, but i think i mostly tune them out to avoid social overload.

i'm feeling pretty good--getting more aware of my limitations, like heat and overexertion--i so feel for you southern mamas! spent the afternoon at a fair yesterday in 95f heat and it was interesting. we've decided not to go to burning man, but to visit family instead, which feels a little sad but the right thing.

oh, and the ligament pain is getting better with chiro care and swimming, yay! not sure which is doing more, but i highly recommend both to the mamas experiencing the same thing.

oh yeah, and dipes--i still have some cpfs to buy but am otherwise okay for backup fitteds and covers, mostly wool--doesn't keep me from continuing to buy even MORE, though, so i'm trying to keep to mediums. after i finish knitting the barter project i'm working on i'm going to finish the soaker from months ago (it's turning out to be a medium anyway) and start making some silly hats.

okay, for the qotw...hm. i'm going to predict that the babe is born on the 17th, the actual due date, after a sudden-contractions-in-the-middle-of-the-night sort of labor lasting, oh, 6 or 7 hours (love our positive thinking), and be 9 pounds or so--here at home, either in the water or (for some reason) in the hallway leaning against the banister. everyone seems to think it'll be a boy, from d. himself to total strangers, but i'm still not sure either way.

everyone sounds so good! sorry about your achey back, though, alisha--are you feeling better?

hugs,
jennifer
#5 of 26 Old 08-09-2004, 08:03 PM

Hey, first time mamas... I have a tip for you (although you can completely ignore me!!!) If I were you, I'd predict I'd go into labor 2 weeks late and have a 36 hour labor. That way, you can be nicely surprised and not hating the world so much when you go over your due date!! :LOL

Actually, that didn't help me at all... so stick with your positive predictions... make it an affirmation and maybe it will come true!

#6 of 26 Old 08-09-2004, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecaly
sorry about your achey back, though, alisha--are you feeling better?
Yeah, I felt 100% better after one night in my own bed with all my pillows! Though at the moment, I've had a sudden headache come on, completely from my neck. DD has been rather needy today and I've been holding her alot, so it may be just from that.

I agree with Mabelsmama to estimate that you will go over and have a long labor. That way you won't be disappointed. This time, I'm just going to assume that I will go over. I did have a very short labor with dd though, so I've estimated low. From water breaking to having dd was 2 hours 42 min. A crazy roller coaster for sure. So, if you read my prediction and thought I was crazy for only predicting a 3.5 hr. labor, well, that's why. Of course, I know it could be very long this time and totally different, so my mind is not set on that or anything, just a fun prediction.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#7 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 12:02 AM

Hi Gals..

Just got home from a trip to Tampa..speaking of last weeks sleep thoughts..well, I missed my tempurpedic and can't wait to try to sleep tonight!! I'm 24w4d now..I have a HUGE belly..some idiot at the Joe's Crab Shack thought I was due in weeks..sigh..I can't help it if the kid popped out!!

QOTW: Sweet girl (who is still nameless) shall be born at home in the water after a relatively short labor (less than 6 hours!) and her father will catch her like he caught Elijah. She will likely be around 8 1/2 lbs. or so. I need to stay positive about this birth so that's my hope!

I need to get diapers now, and I won't need much else. I got a lovely gift today from the gal I moderate a yahoo group with (breastfeeding_moms)..a cute tiny pink wool soaker!! I'm stoked! I will probably only order CPFs and a few extra fuzzi bunz for night time after she stops pooping in the night.

My only dilemma now is I really can't figure out a name for this little one. I am waiting for inspiration like I did with Elijah..
#8 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 12:11 AM

Cool question! I actually just wrote my predictions down in Fertility Friend diary thing today I will start labor on Thursday evening 11/11, and the baby will be born early morning Friday, November 12th. I've had girl vibes from the very begining, and she will be 7 pounds, 2 ounces and 20 inches long.

My fears about this delivery seem to be coming out very clearly in my dreams, which I am having often and vividly (having to transfer to the hospital, having the staff give the baby formula/vaxes against my wishes, my husband not being there for me during the delivery, etc.). I think I'm reading too much at MDC

Its wierd though, I am soo very sure the baby is a girl, but in all my dreams its a boy! I've also been reading quite a bunch of birthstories, and I keep seeing the mom say "I was soo sure it was a boy/girl" and they were wrong...so I'm starting to think I might be wrong too! (But not really )

I am going to cd for the first time with this baby, and am just starting to get to the point where I can make some educated guesses on what diapers I might like, lol. I ordered 3 dozen NB unbleached Indian prefolds, and plan on getting about 8 covers (still deciding what ones) for them. I'd also like to order a dozen Kissaluvs for the very begining, and go from there. I figure they both go to about 15 pounds, so I have a couple weeks/months to work on the next size...am I right?!?

I am 27 weeks today, third trimester I am happy with my belly size right where it is Although, I can almost see it getting bigger sometimes, so I don't think the baby agrees I am really done with this whole peeing every 15 minutes thing though! Everything else I can take, I'm just so sick of going to the bathroom all the time :
#9 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess
Its wierd though, I am soo very sure the baby is a girl, but in all my dreams its a boy! I've also been reading quite a bunch of birthstories, and I keep seeing the mom say "I was soo sure it was a boy/girl" and they were wrong...so I'm starting to think I might be wrong too! (But not really )
That was totally me, first pregnancy. I wanted a girl and I felt like it was probably a girl, but I think I was afraid to trust myself. Mainly b/c that's what I wanted and we weren't finding out until birth the gender. So, I think I convinced myself through my dreams that it was a boy. I would have been okay with a boy, but I was quite excited when she came out a girl!

#10 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 01:26 AM

I think my girl will be born around the 25th of October and weigh between 8.5 and 9 lbs. My labor will be between 6 and 8 hours and I'll have a homebirth in the evening around 8pm.

Great question!

Jesse
#11 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 09:37 AM

27 weeks!!
I think my labor may start near the end of October,in to early Nov. My babe will be in the 6 pound range, and I know its a girl already! This week, its been the same, round ligaments here and there, been really tired too!! I'm so huge!!
#12 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 11:04 AM

Hi mamas! I'm in a great mood today, because this weather is BEAUTIFUL! It feels like autumn here; mid-fifties and overcast with a breeze! I am so glad I'm having a fall baby. Of course the fact that it feels like fall means the time is getting VERY close.

Here are my predictions: I will go into labor on a beautiful fall day! It will happen during the day, maybe mid-morning, somewhere between October 20th-25th (I'm due November 2nd.) I'm basing this on the fact that my mom had all her children a month early, but hopefully mine won't be a month! It will be a longer labor than most of you are predicting, maybe 12-15 hours, slow in the beginning, since I am a first-timer. It will start with contractions, not with spontaneous water breakage. DH and I will make it to the hospital just in time for transition (no transitioning during the 45 minute car ride please!) and babe will be here a few hours later, weighing in around 8-9 pounds! I cannot bring myself to predict the baby's gender, because I honestly have no idea, and I'm looking forward to a wonderful surprise!!

This was such a great idea--I have such peace when I envision birth this way! When we tell our real birth stories, we should come back to this thread and copy our predictions to see how they compare! Great QOTW!!!

As far as updates, I don't have much. My weight gain has slowed down a little bit (I was gaining five pounds a month my last couple appointments). My next appointment is on Monday. Then, after my appointment, I am going to get a pregnancy massage!! I DH for surprising me with it!

Have a wonderful week, mamas!!
#13 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 01:44 PM

Things are good here. About 26.5 weeks. Starting to get more limited in my movements because of the bigger belly- though I keep having to remind myself that bending straight over to pick something up is not a good idea, lol.

Novemeber still seems a long way off, expecially since we are having another heat wave- it was at least 100 yesterday, and is supposed to be in the 90's all week. Thank goodness my work is air conditioned!

As far as predictions go, I'm guessing I'll be a few days early, but later is fine with me. Probably in the 8+ pound range. I'm going to try and stay at home as long as possible, and hopefully just have a few hours at the hospital before baby #2 arrives, without any pain meds or other interventions. I'd be happy with another girl, but I won't be at all surprised if this one is a boy, who will not have a name for a few days because boy names are much harder to pick then girl names.
#14 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2amelia
I'd be happy with another girl, but I won't be at all surprised if this one is a boy, who will not have a name for a few days because boy names are much harder to pick then girl names.
Ha! I had an easy time picking boy names ....this baby is a girl and I can't think of a name I really really want at all! I have a list of like 15..and rather than shrinking, it keeps growing..sigh...I might have to do a poll near the end LOL
#15 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynnr
somewhere between October 20th-25th (I'm due November 2nd.) I'm basing this on the fact that my mom had all her children a month early, but hopefully mine won't be a month!
Yeah, that's what I thought the first time around too! My mom had me, her first 2 weeks early and her second a month early. I was induced a week past my due date. We won't be inducing this time unless we go more than 2 weeks past the due date and that's only b/c we would have to deliver at the hospital otherwise. Anyway, just try not to get too disappointed if you don't have your babe early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynnr
When we tell our real birth stories, we should come back to this thread and copy our predictions to see how they compare! Great QOTW!!!
I was totally thinking the same thing! That will be fun.

#16 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 03:27 PM

I'm 25 weeks.

I wish I could be as happy as the rest of you but I'm *still* puking once a day, I'm so hot all the time, and omg my boobs!!!! I ordered this and really hope that it can help contain the these boobs that seem to have a life of their own. My dd (who is 4 today *cry*) love the boobs though and says "oh mama I love your big fat boobas!!".

My new complaint that I didn't have with dd is my pelvic bone hurts after sitting and after walking or standing for a while.

The baby is kicking all the time, so I guess he's happy in there. I think we've decided on Stephen James B. for a name.
#17 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama
Yeah, that's what I thought the first time around too! My mom had me, her first 2 weeks early and her second a month early. I was induced a week past my due date. We won't be inducing this time unless we go more than 2 weeks past the due date and that's only b/c we would have to deliver at the hospital otherwise. Anyway, just try not to get too disappointed if you don't have your babe early.
I won't, I promise. I just said to DH the other day, "You know, we could have an almost-turkey-day baby!"

I think it's funny that during the first two trimesters there's so much clarity as to how far along you are, and how much further you have to go. It seemed so finite then. Now, I think, "Well, it could be 10 more weeks, or it could be 14 more weeks!" I would love to have a due date of, like, November 15th, so I could say, "Well, we're hoping to have the baby in either October, November, or December!" :LOL
#18 of 26 Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 PM

I'm 24w 2d. I'm due Nov. 28th but I'll prolly go over. I was due Nov. 27th with my dd Catherine and she was induced Dec 2nd. Long story but I won't be induced this time. I'm doing a homebirth

I'm guessing baby will be born. Dec. 4th and around 8 PM with contractions starting first. My labors aren't long so I'm thinking maybe 2 hours at the most. The weight I'm guessing to be around 9.4 to 10 pounds. Same range as my other babies.
#19 of 26 Old 08-11-2004, 12:47 PM

I think the key is to be positive, but not overly-confident, if that makes sense! I intuitively feel that she'll come early, and it really doesn't feel like wishful thinking. I'm at peace with the idea of her taking her own sweet time, too. My mom and sister had all of their babies early and fast, and they were all on the small side, so we'll see how much family history really affects these things!

She'll come when she is ready, that much is for sure. I do hope if she goes over it won't be more than a week, only because I don't want to start dealing with my midwife getting antsy about induction.

To be honest, I'm really starting to wonder if I even want my midwife at the birth! It is really sad, because I don't like my new midwife as much as my old midwife. But I guess these things happen for a reason. (Refresher: My original midwife is in the hospital in critical condition with meningitis.)

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#20 of 26 Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 PM

GReat question. It would be neat to save this thread in order to compare with the real thing.

Uhm, the babe will come around Nov 18 (my due date is Nov 25) Labor will start at night after dinner and babe will come before dawn, I envision a fast labor almost unassisted. In fact I would like the midwifes to arrive minutes before he/she is born. I think I'm carrying a girl, though some days I'm sure it's another boy. I've never labored before for my first was an emergency C-section, i'm so much looking forward to the experience.

Tomorrow I'll be 25 weeks, I feel great!

I agree, boy's names are more difficult!
#21 of 26 Old 08-14-2004, 11:30 AM

I am a little late but this sounded like fun so I thought I would I guess I will be at 28 weeks soon. I really quit keeping track once I got over being afraid of something going wrong. Things are going well. The weather has been kind to me here in Iowa. We have not had a lot of heat and humidity as usual so I am appreciative of that.

I predict I will go into labor on election day because dh is so worried about this. I think this will be a girl and weigh under 8 lbs which is a pretty safe guess because all my babies have.

I am going to work on some baby diapers this week. My friend Pynki from here at MDC is making me some newborn wool soakers. I am looking forward to using those. I need to order some new snappis and covers but I am not in too big of a hurry.

Take care all

Stephany
#22 of 26 Old 10-26-2004, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Just thought I would bring this thread up again, since the babies are starting to come. I thought it would be fun to compare. Jesse, you were very close!

#23 of 26 Old 10-26-2004, 09:46 PM

What a great idea! Except I predicted I'd go into labor this coming Sunday, but I'm really shooting for tomorrow night! :LOL

#24 of 26 Old 10-26-2004, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabelsMama
What a great idea! Except I predicted I'd go into labor this coming Sunday, but I'm really shooting for tomorrow night! :LOL
No kidding! :LOL I predicted Nov. 13 or 14 and now I'm praying to God I don't go that long! I'm soooo.... ready and especially now that I'm having pre-labor signs. Tomorrow would be fine with me.

#25 of 26 Old 10-26-2004, 10:16 PM

I'm due November 27...I predict November 19 or 20th (although sooner would be better!) I'm guessing a baby boy weighing a little over 8 lbs. ~ labor lasting around 4-5 hours (maybe ~ last time it was 22 hours!) I can't wait to see what all happens with everyone...the time has come!
#26 of 26 Old 10-27-2004, 11:44 PM

: Hellooooooo ladies!!! I just wanted to say that Clynnr had a 9 # baby girl today! No name yet She arrived at the hospital dilated to an 8 and all went well and quickly!! She is ha happy nursing mama. I'll let her tell you all the details in a few days Just thought you would all like to know.

: : : : : : : : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page