chat for the week of october 11-18! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Been a while since I've posted. The pregnancy has been so great, and I will miss it when it's over. I had a three day board meeting this week, and my ankles and legs became majorly swollen -- pillsbury dough girl style. I went to have my blood pressure checked today just in case the swelling was indicative of anything, and I am happy to report that everything is normal. Other than this swelling, some sleepless nights, and three weeks of nausea early on -- I have really had it easy.

I'm due November 4, but I still can't comprehend what lies ahead. I am hoping the baby won't be early, so that I really have time to wrap up everything at work and have a few days to make a transition and reflect on this wonderful and wild time in my life.

The second coat of paint goes up in the baby's room this weekend. I'm very excited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2004, 01:49 AM

Sorry you're feeling bad, Meg. Hopefully it will get better soon!

Sorry about your mom, Steph. Not a cool thing to say.

Wow, Chelsea... you vacuumed?! Wanna come do my house? :LOL

Okay, this baby has been trying to stick its head somewhere it doesn't belong until I'm in labor for the past two days! It hurts! I can't straighten up fully when standing by the end of the day and I can't pee. And the contractions have been picking up. and can someone explain to me why the darn kid can still move around so much? One minute it's bum is over hear and then next, its over there. Not to mention the fact that it seems to have its back on one side and bum on the other. What, is it sideways or something? Well then how do I explain the head attacking my cervix??? I think I'm having an octopus or a baby with two bums.

Yea! 3 weeks till the due date! I can have the baby safey at home now. But it can stay in there for a few more weeks- I'm still busy!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

Old 10-16-2004, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

hm, amanda--maybe there are two? kidding. kidding.

i'm all happy because i just felt slightly crampy! woo! just for a moment, but it made me all happy. weirdo, i know.

meg, you poor thing--i'm sorry you're feeling badly. soon! soon!

hi, i seem to be writing in one-word sentences today.

hugs to the mamas,
*jennifer
Old 10-16-2004, 07:49 AM

hmmm, I've been looking at this thread since it was started and kept not posting because I knew I would be WHINY! I'm am just so full of whine it is overflowing. I need to find my happy place soon.

I'm 37 weeks. My dh just got home a few days ago after being gone most of 7 weeks. I thought him being home would solve everything. Instead our kids (just 4 and almost 2 yo) are fighting like crazy. The last 3 weeks he was gone our 4 yo was with him. They both got used to 1-on-1 attention and are not dealing well at all with having to be together again. They never did get along great but this is reached levels of violence. It's driving me crazy.

I was absolutely exhausted while my dh was gone. Our almost 2 yo is the world's worst sleeper and I definitely need my rest, especially when pregnant. I was hoping for lots of rest when dh got home but he's fried. He just got home from spending weeks at his terminally ill mother's bedside and then burying her. He's drained and a wreck so his being home is not quite the break for me I was hoping for.

So I'm 37 weeks and have been having contractions since 28. At 30 weeks I was effacing; at 36 my cervix is posterior and closed up. I'm finding 2 months of contractions just to go backwards very frustrating. I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. This is my most uncomfortable pregnancy. But I'm not ready for a new little person. I'm not actually ready - like all the hand-me-downs need to be washed, I don't have a dresser to put them in, don't have a car seat yet, etc. But I'm also not ready to deal with 3 kid's (two of them fighting like cats and dogs, obviously needing attention, feeling stressed, and having trouble adjusting to there being two of them let alone a new baby) and one being a needy newborn. I long for that babymoon I had with my first . . . me and a baby in a rocking chair with my adoring husband bringing me drinks and snacks.

Happy place, must find happy place . . . where are you happy place? (Now almost 3 AM, should be sleeping. Maybe that's where my happy place is?)
Old 10-16-2004, 12:55 PM

BoobyJuice!!!

Is there anything we can do for you? Maybe we could light our candles for a minute, just for extra support? And send happy place vibes your way! I'm glad you did post--it's been a rough time for you, and we want you to know we're thinking about you!

Old 10-16-2004, 01:34 PM

Clynnr, thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel like I've taken up way too much whine time all over the boards lately. Just every time my fingers start typing that seems to be what pours out. I'm making a To Do list right now. Going to start working on all the stuff like washing baby clothes. Maybe if I start getting busy with things and leave the bickering kids to my dh I'll feel better (both accomplished and not having to referee [he grew up in a family of 6 boys, somehow it phases him far less])

Thanks again for the support.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:21 AM

Well, ladies, I already posted once this week, but I had to post about today. This morning I was going to take dd to the firestation (our local AP group had a planned outing to see the firetrucks and the station). After that we were going to the park for some time.

Well, less than a second after I closed the front door I realized that I had just locked my keys in the house. DH was working and wasn't to be home for 3.5 hours. I had no one else I could call to come get us. So, I decided to take dd downtown anyway. It's a little over a mile, but she's just over 17 months and it was chilly this morning, so she didn't really want to walk and if I did put her down, she didn't want to walk the direction we needed to go. So, I carried her the whole way (25 lbs. and I'm 9 months pregnant!)

Then we played at the park for over an hour. Then we went to the library to change her diaper and use the restroom and get a drink from the fountain. I had no money with me, my keys are attached to my wallet. So, we couldn't get anything to eat. I had a few tiny snacks in the diaper bag for dd, but nothing really great or filling. Luckily I had fed dd a large snack before leaving the house and I had her sippy cup for her.

After the library we headed back home. By this time is was past her normal nap time and she was wore out. She tried walking a bit, but kept falling every 2 steps because she was so tired. So, I carried her the whole way home. She actually fell asleep in my arms about 5 minutes from our house and then I sat down with her once we got home and she slept on my tummy until dh got home (about 15 minutes after us). And then she slept another hour after that.

Anyway, let me tell you how bad my hips and pelvis hurt tonight! You just can't carry a toddler over 2 miles while being 9 mo. pregnant. If I sit for too long they hurt. If I stand for too long they hurt. I'm going to have to take some tylenol before bed or I'm going to be in a lot of pain whenever I do wake up and move. So, that's my lesson for the week.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 10-17-2004, 11:49 AM

You should be proud of being able to DO what you did!! I would never have made it and Eli is pretty tiny for a 23 month old. Wow!
Old 10-17-2004, 01:05 PM

I second what Meg said! I can carry Mabel for maybe a minute... I'm such a wimp. But then again, she's almost 2 1/2 so she's a bit bigger and definetly capable of walking!

Hey, Jennifer, if I'm having twins they're two scrawny little things... I'm measuring small!

Its only one baby, but it has no idea where to be right now! Most of my pregnancy its been in a good position and now it just wiggles all over the place. I wish my midwife were in town and I was having prenatal visits... I'd like to know what its doing and what I can do to help it get into the right position.

Old 10-17-2004, 01:31 PM

Mine is also all over the place...she can't decide if she wants to be breech or not at this point. I am just hoping she makes up her mind by week 36. She's stretching me out so often from flipping around that I think I'm having BH contractions all the time..(some of them are..but I think some are just her stretching me while she flips around).

Ah well...I wish I was you guys...2 weeks would be so much nicer to be facing than 6..
Old 10-17-2004, 02:39 PM

I just have to post that I had REAL surges for the first time last night! They weren't anything like my BH. That means I'm getting close, right? They were so strong they woke me up. I had about 4 or 5, then fell back asleep.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
Old 10-17-2004, 02:43 PM

That does sound good, Monica! With my first, I had very different contractions from the BH for a few hours on Thursday morning and went into labor Friday afternoon. I hadn't had any different contractions previously. Labor contractions *definetly* feel different!

Of course, I should say, "It means nothing! You won't go into labor for 4 weeks!" I know getting your hopes up about going into labor soon and then having nothing happen sucks. Big time. But its so hard not to, isn't it?

Old 10-17-2004, 05:37 PM

How exciting Monica! Try not to get your hopes up too much. I know I would. People keep asking me how dialated I am and if I'm feeling anything. I'm not finding out how dialated I am, so I can't say and I really haven't had any real contractions, so it's kind of disappointing. I know it's going to be several more weeks. I'm definitely not going to be first.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT
I just have to post that I had REAL surges for the first time last night! They weren't anything like my BH. That means I'm getting close, right? They were so strong they woke me up. I had about 4 or 5, then fell back asleep.
Well . . . it means something is happening, not necessarily that you're "close". Or how about, you are closer than you were . I always have contractions that start and stop for weeks so it doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be immediate. It does mean something is happening so it should be soon(ish). On the other hand, I have been woken up the last 3 nights in a row with really hard contractions, and even though I'm telling you it may be awhile I'm still hoping it means labor is going to start soon.

The really good news is that usually (dont you love that about pregnancy - everything is a generalization) women who have contractions before labor starts have faster labors.

It's very exciting! We'll all be waiting to hear from you . . .
Old 10-17-2004, 11:05 PM

Monica, how exciting! Sounds like your body is on the right track...your getting ready
Old 10-18-2004, 12:58 PM

Well, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much... I had a couple more *real* surges yesterday while I was lying down and watching a movie, then a bunch of BH. I'm not finding out how dialated I am, either, so I'm just taking this as my body getting ready for the big event, even if it doesn't happen for a few weeks.

I don't know what has changed, but as of yesterday I sort of fell apart emotionally. I don't know what my problem is! I bawled my head off numerous times during the day. I took some rescue remedy, and that helped. I'm also having a lot of pelvic pain, which is getting to the "pretty painful" level, so I'm going to call the chiropractor today. Arnica helps, but I don't want to be taking it constantly if I'm just out of alignment or something.

I just hope I can hold it together this week at work. It is my last week. I should have made last week my last week, but it is too late now. Hindsight is always so clear, isn't it?

Old 10-18-2004, 01:10 PM

Monica:

Be careful to only apply rescue remedy to your skin while pregnant! It will work just as well. I'm sure it's not unsafe, but there is a warning on the package, so that's what I do. Comes in really handy for freaking out babies/toddlers on the skin, too, for later.

Falling apart is par for the course..it's all hormones..I know, I'm doing it at least once a day these days..not full out crying, but just little tantrums and whiny fits. Then I spend hours feeling guilty for being such a mess!

It really sounds like your body is preparing itself for your labor. You can take some red raspberry leaf now for your uterus to tone up. Also make sure you have a daily dose of extra Vit. C to keep your waters from breaking too soon

Hugs,
Old 10-18-2004, 01:22 PM

Where on your skin do you apply the rescue remedy? I took 4 drops mixed with water twice yesterday, about four hours apart. I thought it was okay to take!

Thanks for the encouragement! I really feel like I need it. It is nice to know I'm not the only hormonal one! I'll go take some extra vitamin c right now.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:26 PM

You can apply it anywhere, but I use my wrists for the full effect of the smell. It's like aromatherapy I suppose. I think it's probably safe to take, but you are better off just applying it to skin for now, imho.

lol..we're all hormonal now a days, I'd wager
Old 10-18-2004, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamama
lol..we're all hormonal now a days, I'd wager
Yep! My dear hubby keeps trying to convince me that it's harder to live with a woman who is 9 months pregnant than it is to be 9 months pregnant! Should I slap him for voicing such obscenities?!? We all have to whine and complain to someone. It's sure not easy carrying all this extra weight and baby.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

hm, i've been taking rescue remedy orally occasionally, too! i use it when my brain is too active at night for me to go back to sleep. my childbirth teacher recommended it, saying that it was safe for pregnancy. i notice that a lot of tinctures have that pregnancy warning on them, so i don't worry about it too much. maybe i'll try it on my wrists next time, though.

yay hormonal! isn't that a sign? we had our baby shower yesterday so i'm feeling all love-spoiled and happy, except for the part where i now have to find a place for nine hundred footie sleepers. ack! i'm totally excited by you guys that are having contractions; i've had some faint, occasional crampiness, and a couple of strong down-low twinges, but nothing that i would call an actual surge. soon...

*j
Old 10-18-2004, 03:08 PM

I take rescue remedy orally. Same with Motherwort and few other tinctures occasionally. Everything has a warning except for prenatal vitamins. I have a great book about herbs for pregnancy and I check with my midwife.

User Tag List