Stretch marks and leg aches - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-19-2004, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why is it that my belly has grown to 10 times its normal size and I get stretch marks on my hips and butt??? It just doesn't make sense to me! Sorry - I just had to get that out.

My real question is about leg aches at night. Every night for the past week, my calves start aching about 10 minutes after I lay down at night. It is driving me crazy! I can't fall asleep unless I get up and take some Tylenol and wait for it to start working. Is there an easier way to get rid of the ache or prevent? DH is no help because he has already been asleep for a few hours when I come to bed (he gets up a 4am to go to work).

Thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 10-19-2004, 02:44 PM

Is it like a charlie horse cramp or just an ache? You could try stretching before you get into bed.

Last night when I got into bed my legs were driving me crazy. They didn't hurt, but I just couldn't figure out where to put them. Totally restless. In fact I was figeting with them all day, nowhere was comfortable for them to be...
#3 of 7 Old 10-19-2004, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2amelia
Is it like a charlie horse cramp or just an ache? You could try stretching before you get into bed.

It is just a constant dull ache in my calves. What is a good way to stretch the calves?
#4 of 7 Old 10-20-2004, 10:54 AM

This is what I do to stretch my calves: Stand on a stair(hold onto the wall) only put the balls of your feet on the stair and gently let your heels sink down. Hope it helps
Sandy

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#5 of 7 Old 10-21-2004, 07:32 PM

sounds like you need some calcium! I'm serious, the stuff solves muscle issues like you wouldn't believe. You need the actual supplements, though...don't just down some tums. Calcium and lots of water should do the trick.

Jesse
#6 of 7 Old 10-22-2004, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiegirl
sounds like you need some calcium! I'm serious, the stuff solves muscle issues like you wouldn't believe. You need the actual supplements, though...don't just down some tums. Calcium and lots of water should do the trick.

Jesse
I've had that half this pregnancy - never had it before. Not charley horses just aching like I've walked for 18 hours in bad shoes. I wish I'd have thought to ask about this. I'll give calcium a try Jesse. Thanks
#7 of 7 Old 10-22-2004, 01:12 PM

would the calcium be good for calf cramp too? thats my problem...one of my calves (i suspect it has something to do with folding this leg under me while im at the computer) gets locked in cramp while im asleep, and as i wake up and try to flex it out (please please dont make me get out of bed!) and eventually have to leap (lerch awkedly) up and squat to flex it out...(what we ladies go through for our families ) now it is sore all the time!

stretch marks...my tip for first time mommies is dont forget to oil you boobs as well!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page