Weekly thread for Oct. 19-26 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 10-23-2004, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyleigh
anyone else been not so nice to hubby? lol Mine is getting on my EVERY LAST nerve! lol He is constantly asking if I'm having any pains. If I'm in the bathroom, he is checking on me. ugh! He is driving me crazy. As if the wait isn't hard for me as it is!
I was actually thinking this morning that basically every single person is getting on my every last nerve . . .kids, husband, mother . . . I'm having the opposite problem with my husband though, when he's stressed he practically goes into a coma; so when I need him the most, he's off in lala land. I was laying in bed last night, unable to sleep : , thinking about it. When we first lived together if I got up to pee in the night he'd sit straight up in bed and ask if I was OK. Now, 10 years later I can lay in bed for an hour having contractions trying to rub my own back or get out of bed and wonder around the house for 3 or 4 hours and he sleeps through it. Slept through our toddler crying last night so I had to drag myself out of bed - in pregnant waddle slow motion - and carry him to our bed . . . all the while my dh snores.

Quote:
What else do you all *need* to do before this babe comes?
Well, a few weeks ago I would have said I was pretty ready. But as I got ready to pack a bag for the hospital I started realizing all the stuff I "need". I can't pack a bag for me because I only have 3 pairs of homemade pants that fit and if I pack them I won't have anything to wear. So I need to make some more pants. I can't pack a bag for the baby because all the baby clothes need to be washed. But I haven't washed them because I don't have anywhere to put them. I don't have anywhere to put them because my husband won't carry the dresser upstairs. So none of it huge stuff, just lots of little things. Need to wash, fold, put away baby clothes. Make myself some pants. Pack bags for the hospital. Still don't have the short list of baby names set (another thing he is majorly dragging his feet on).

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
#32 of 45 Old 10-23-2004, 03:23 PM

oh man, boobyjuice, i hear you on the domino effect of home organization. i am out of my head with joy because we finally got shelving into one of the closets, which means i have a place for linens, which means i was able to empty a storage cabinet in our bedroom, which means there is a place, sort of, for the massive pile of baby clothes, which means there is less chaos generally. i've washed them all, too! it took forever. now if we can just get the rest of the closets done and i can get my act in gear and organize my office, i will be so blissed out i won't be able to stand myself.

thanks for the tums suggestions, all--the symptom seems to have gone away for the most part, but if it comes back i'm all over that.

amanda, so exciting that you lost your plug! oh happy imminent babies...

hugs to all you pals--

*j
#33 of 45 Old 10-23-2004, 03:57 PM

Quote:
anyone else been not so nice to hubby? lol Mine is getting on my EVERY LAST nerve! lol He is constantly asking if I'm having any pains. If I'm in the bathroom, he is checking on me. ugh! He is driving me crazy. As if the wait isn't hard for me as it is!
Well, I admit I might be a little ornery, but boy is he driving me nuts! : He can't stand not knowing when I'll go into labor and have this baby. Do I empathize with him? YES! Does it help that every 12 hours or so he asks, "When are you going to have the baby?" NO!!!! Maybe we don't understand what it's like to be in their shoes, but I'm sure they don't know what it's like to be in ours either! :LOL

BoobyJuice - I had that same problem packing for the hospital. I can only wear a couple pairs of pants, so I can't pack them! Baby was a little easier, as I have managed to weed through the huge pile of hand-me-downs and wash everything. Today is the day I'm going to wash and lanolize my wool diaper covers--yay! Then I think we're basically ready!

We installed the car seat this morning. Question: Does anyone know how to check the angle of the car seat when it doesn't have one of those bead-things? DH & I think it needs to tip back more (like with a noodle) but we don't know how to tell for sure.
#34 of 45 Old 10-23-2004, 04:39 PM

Chelsea, if you go by the Fire Department, they will check it for you. Most of the firefighters have taken the class in car seat safety.
#35 of 45 Old 10-23-2004, 10:53 PM

I just had to share...a bunch of my friends just left after throwing me a Blessing Way. It was wonderful! I feel so loved and supported. My wish is that all of you feel loved and supported too at this happy time in our lives!
#36 of 45 Old 10-24-2004, 03:06 AM

That is so great Dawn..my blessing way is scheduled for a few weeks from now..by then you all should have your babies!!
#37 of 45 Old 10-24-2004, 06:23 PM

When I was pg with Violet, I did put a message on my answering machine that said, "Hi, you've reached Mike and Jesse. No baby yet. We'll give you a call. Have a nice day."

Jesse
#38 of 45 Old 10-24-2004, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamama
Amanda:

I can so relate to that..we call the seats the "baby buckets" and disdain parents who can't be bothered to move their baby from the car to a sling to be carried..poor babies..the worst for me is seeing a baby that is way too big for the bucket being treated like they are an inconvenience..shove something in it's mouth and ignore..sigh...I just want to walk up and say, did you bother to read the instructions on your car seat or what? but I'm too shy to do it.
Meg, we call it a "BCU"- Baby Containment Unit! I really need to watch my mouth, though, or pretty soon Mabel is going to walk up to someone and say, "My mama says you can't be bothered to touch your baby." !!!

I'm not in a hurry to have the baby, but I wouldn't mind it coming right now! I guess its not ready yet; walking up part of a mountain, eating spicey food, and having lots of sex haven't done a thing. Oh well, at least I'm having fun trying! Next time we get a free night (Tues?) dh and I will have to get some Indian food and then, um... you know.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#39 of 45 Old 10-24-2004, 10:13 PM

Bwah! You go Mabel...out of the mouths of intelligent young babes I know, I think I said really loudly at an airport once "why don't they pick that poor baby UP" and Eli repeated up up for a while...he he he.

I had an AP leader friend of mine say to me that her husband thought that only people who practice AP should be allowed to have children and that would help the population problems...I try not to be judgemental but I almost agree...and I'd be happy to educate others to be more AP friendly

Yes..I'm an evil old pregnant lady...ha ha...I'm amazed at how horny I am since I'm this unweildy..I wonder if I'm trying to get her out already...but I don't want spicy food at all..too much freaking heartburn right now..
#40 of 45 Old 10-24-2004, 10:27 PM

I wish we could at least find our baby seat. Sigh. Dh has 'reorganised' the garage in the past year or so, and piled all sorts of boxes up on one side. I'm convinced the seat is behind them, but of course he didnt label a thing in his reorganisation, in spite of my suggestion that he should do so.

Now he's making noises about buying a new seat if necessary. Aagh. I'd rather spend more money on diapers!! Or on some clothes that will fit me after I've had the baby.....

We also need to sort out who sits where in the car once the baby comes. Both dd's are very upset at the suggestion that they move into the back row (minivan) but I cant' see any other way. I can't see me being able to get the baby into the car seat in the back row. But I can see their point as they love being alongside one another and just behind me, and I like being able to reach back to them when necessary from the front of the car.

But without the actual baby seat, we can't try it out anyway. I have a feeling dh will be going out shopping for a new one an hour after I've had the baby. Hopeless stuff.
#41 of 45 Old 10-25-2004, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to say I think it may be soon! I had a lot of bloody show last night and did a self-check before bed, b/c of all the bloody show and I was at least a 2. I had checked earlier in the week and there was nothing. And, I woke up this morning and noticed that baby has dropped! Yay! Okay, trying not to get too excited since it could still be a couple weeks, but at least there are some signs now.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#42 of 45 Old 10-25-2004, 10:37 AM

Yea Alisha! I'll keep checking the boards today and thinking of you. Woo! The babies are coming (or at least gettng ready to!)

Good to know I'm not the only person who checks their cervix on occasion...

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#43 of 45 Old 10-25-2004, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama
Just wanted to say I think it may be soon! I had a lot of bloody show last night and did a self-check before bed, b/c of all the bloody show and I was at least a 2. )
lucky dog!! lol I check the TP constantly hoping to catch a twinge of something! lol

Let us know!!!!!
#44 of 45 Old 10-25-2004, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabelsMama
Good to know I'm not the only person who checks their cervix on occasion...
I know it's not recommended, but if your sanitary about it, why should it matter who's checking your cervix, whether a doc, mw or yourself. I'd rather do it myself.

Well, I finally got things packed up for the birth center this morning. I've been putting it off. I haven't really had any more signs this morning, so it probably won't be today, but you never know. My first was late, so it would be odd for this one to be more than 2 weeks early, but I sure wouldn't mind.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#45 of 45 Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 PM

Well, I'm doing most everything I can think of to get labor rolling. I woke up with so much energy this morning that I thought maybe something would happen. I went food shopping, ran a bunch of errands, planted flowers, walked a bunch, made veggie soup, and now I'm going to do laundry. I guess I'll have to break down and have sex tonight! I've got to psyche myself up for the fact that it could be another 3-4 weeks...but I really want to meet this baby!

At my Blessing Way Saturday night, I had my massage therapist friend really work that spot on your ankle that is supposed to trigger labor. Nothing yet.

I had a conversation with the baby today about when he/she is coming. I told "it" that whenever it was ready is fine with me, even if it's late. I think I was just trying to convince myself! Of course, I know the baby will come when it's ready.

Thanks for listening to my vent!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page