Stuck on bedrest :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-25-2004, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had Dr's appt this morning, I've been feeling bad since last Tuesday, swollen legs, hands and face, headache, seeing stars and spots. They took my bp this morning, was very high. They sent me to L&D for monitoring, hooked up to machines for a few hours. Baby is just fine and all, my blood pressure is wacky though.

So, I get an ultrasound this week, on bedrest until further notice, we talked about maybe having to take the baby out via CS early because of my bp. I told her that I would be full term in a week and a half and if bed rest keeps my pressure down, I really want to wait until at least then. She agreed as long as my pressure stays at least borderline.

So, all and all, this is just a repeat of what happened with dd. I was fine till month 9, then everything just weirded out. But it's ok, as long as the end result is a healthy me and a healthy baby I don't have any problems with it.
#2 of 3 Old 10-25-2004, 02:43 PM

mama!

You are so close! At least it's only a couple weeks of bedrest, and not the whole nine months! (Though I'm sure that thought doesn't help much right now. ) Glad the babe is doing well, and I hope everything works out the way you want--here's to a happy and healthy mama and little one!
#3 of 3 Old 10-25-2004, 03:49 PM

{as long as the end result is a healthy me and a healthy baby I don't have any problems with it.{

ITA mama! Big hugs!!!!!! Tell Amanda to be a good girl for mama!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page