Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy birthday jecaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#62 of 79 Old 10-29-2004, 02:09 PM

Happy Birthday Jennifer!! I'll be sure and tell Alexis about you when I call her tomorrow for her birthday I'm stoked she is going to follow her heart and cook...she has always loved it, though back when she was ten she burned herself so often in the kitchen we used to call it committing an Alexis LOL.

I'm kind of grumpy today..I went to wal-mart to get paint to paint the pumpkin on my belly this weekend..and I am having a lot of BH today and it is really starting to HURT..grumble..

I was wondering where the boys are too...I know I'm having a girl unless the U/S was wrong..(always a possibility!)..
#63 of 79 Old 10-29-2004, 04:30 PM

When I was pregnant with my daughter all my pregnancy buddies from my on line birth clubs, to my Bradley class and real life friends had girls. So I became convnced I was having a boy. This time around I seem surrounded by plenty of estrogen as well.

Meg, with my late baby havin' track record I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the last GA homebirther standing, so to speak I'm such a list making, early bird, compulsive planner that I fully believe that this is nature's way of keeping me in line!
#64 of 79 Old 10-29-2004, 04:43 PM

My husband belonged to a fraternity in college
It is awful really.
Anyway all his buddies have had boys so far. That is why we keep thinking this is a girl because we think we will be the first to break ranks.

Stephany
#65 of 79 Old 10-29-2004, 06:07 PM

Well Kia, it's gonna be you or me...though I usually have mine a few days before the official due date.. We'll see!
#66 of 79 Old 10-30-2004, 09:47 PM

Dh and ds are camping out at a friend's house about 15 minutes away tonight. Maybe because I'm home alone something will happen! Of course, I haven't been having any regular contractions. I think I could relax a little more if people would stop calling and saying, "anything happening?" or "have you had the baby?" Arg!

I'm going to go watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding and laugh myself silly. Maybe that'll get things going.
#67 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 02:11 AM

I decided I was definitely having the baby Thurs night as I realised just before midnight that the car was on almost empty with petrol - sorry 'gas'. I'd asked dh to fill it for me, but he'd forgotten. It seemed totally logical that I'd go into labour when we didnt have enough petrol to get to the hospital. So dh had to get dressed and drive out to find a gas station that was open - he later told me that there was only 3 miles left according to the dial.

Needless to say, once he got home, having filled the car, my contractions stopped and I drifted off to sleep.
#68 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Any news, Dawn? I think you and I form the "Second time moms who are impatient and should know better" club! :LOL Anyone else want to join?

Well, today is the day I predicted my labor would begin. No labor yet, of course. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable. How do moms go overdue?? Some even 3 weeks overdue? Most of our week last week was spent with my laying around while Mabel played, I read books to her, or we watched Shrek. I can't take another week of repeatedly watching Shrek...

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#69 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 06:44 PM

You know...I don't remember how it was when I was awaiting Jacob...Halloween was big, Alexis was 3 years old and we went trick or treating all over the place in the rain...I went into early labor that night..by the next day nothing had happened, so the dr. decided to induce around noontime...didn't happen till closer to 2...then Jake came at 8:30am on Nov 1st. I was so busy with Allie's birthday and Halloween that I don't remember laying around much Take Mabel for lots of walks today..maybe that will work We're off to go trick or treating with Elijah in Lilburn in a little while (He's going with his friend Evan who is dressing as Pooh..Eli and his dad are Tigger)..but I have 3 weeks yet so I'm going to sit around with my pumpkin belly!

Anyway..I'm learning this pregnancy...R. E. L. A. X....it works so so so well...Last night I was contracting at 5 minutes apart but I knew it wasn't labor...so I took a bath and laid on my bed and just vegged out..and that worked. The more you relax, the better your body knows what it needs to do Before you know it the babies are here and your life is different forever...

My older son is 15 tomorrow...this is the season of birth for me
#70 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 06:58 PM

Amanda, I'll join your club. I'm having a terrible time waiting and the worst part is that I went a week past due the first time, so who knows when this one will come. I'm so very uncomfortable and don't feel like I can possibly do this much longer. We'll make it mamas!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#71 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 08:07 PM

hey, has anyone heard from monica? according to the candle thread she started labor, like, three days ago.

on the impatience topic, i'm still only 37w4d, so i *could* start driving myself nuts now, but it probably wouldn't be fun to live like that for 2-4 weeks. frankly, i'm still kind of amazed that the time frame is so short. in 4 weeks, i will almost for sure be someone's mom? eek! i'm still unpacking books, and we have to hang shades in the room where the birth tub will be, and the kitchen floor is really really dirty, and i'm behind on work. i need at least a week. i'm also finding it pretty fun to be in the moment these days, enjoying this watermelon of a belly and feeling like i'm about to leap into a totally different mode of existence. i'll bet i wouldn't feel so unattached if i had a toddler running around here, though...

meg, it's so neat that so many (all?) of your children were born around now. season of birth, indeed!

hugs to the mamas--

*j
#72 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 08:16 PM

I just want to give you all a big, fat, long hug! I am going to try and write out Ellie's birth story tonight. I'm so emotional about this past week and everything changes tomorrow. I will be ALONE with three children under the age of 4 and I'm not sure how I will do it. Things have been wonderful and chaotic and I'm not sure how I'm functioning, but I am.

Your babies will come soon, soon, soon.

Jesse

PS I'm sorry this message is so scattered!
#73 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 10:06 PM

No, Amanda, no news here! I guess we just have to try to be patient. Now that we're into November (at least in a few hours) I think I can relax a bit. When it happens, it happens. Right now I feel like this baby will never come! The only bad parts are the constant phone calls and the patients at our office saying "you haven't had that baby yet?" DH was just commenting today that he doesn't remember this much anticipation with our first. Maybe everyone is just picking up on my energy and desire to have this baby soon.

Patience, patience!
#74 of 79 Old 10-31-2004, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like there is more anticipation with this baby, too. Maybe its because I know how wonderful it will be, whereas last time I wasn't quite sure what it would feel like to hold my baby, kwim? I appreciate the whole pregnancy process much more this time, but I also want it over more. I can't believe I feel like the baby is never going to come and I'm still a few days from my due date!

indiegirl. Good luck tomorrow. I wish for patient, calm toddlers for you.

Jennifer, Monica just posted about her baby, Olivia!

#75 of 79 Old 11-02-2004, 10:35 AM

argh!! braxton hicks!!!! lol I've never had any of these except for a fews ago (when the doctor said I was dilated to a 1), and last night. I JUST knew it would be last night. I stayed up until 1:00 and sewed and packaged up stuff "just in case". But alas I woke this morning all intact! lol I do have a doctor's appt this morning. I have a feeling when I have these bh's that my body is doing something, so I might be dilated more. XXX my fingers! lol My due date is Saturday, so weird to be so close!

Maybe I'll have the first boy
#76 of 79 Old 11-02-2004, 10:06 PM

Stacy, I'm in competition with you for the first boy baby! Mind you, I don't actually know what I'm having, but I've had a premonition since before I even knew I was pregnant, that the next one would be a boy. I'm so anxious for this baby to come into the world! I probably won't be the first one though.

Hey, has anyone else started to feel like pregnancy is nature's cruel joke? That you will just go on being pregnant forever and ever and maybe one day just explode. I remember feeling this way with my daughter, but thought this time I would have a better perspective and remember that it did end. Nope! LOL! I'm feeling the same way.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#77 of 79 Old 11-02-2004, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

I think AmandasMom will be having the first boy. In the thread for this week she said they're doing a scheduled c-section on Thursday. Remember to light your candles Thurs!

Of course, I'm holding out hope I might have a baby tonight. Or tomorrow. Or soon! I feel like its never going to come though, for some reason. I hope that doesn't mean anything, like it'll be 3 weeks late.

#78 of 79 Old 11-02-2004, 10:54 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know...Aiden Sky was born 10/28 at 10:34am. Didn't quite make the eclipse, but that's okay I had an amazing hbac with an amazing midwife and dh. Will tell all about it soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#79 of 79 Old 11-02-2004, 11:38 PM

Well, it looks like the first boy has been born. And it wasn't ours. Congrats treemom2!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page