Who's still here... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
annabel i'm also gbs+ and the obs haven't said anything about sex... they asked me to do mostly bedrest from now on, too, because of my high blood pressure, and i asked what i could and couldn't do, and they still didn't mention sex... so DH and i are planning a fun weekend would much rather avoid an induction for high BP!

if your water breaks, of course no sex after that point, but i think that's a good plan for everyone, not just those who are gbs+

so yeah, the update on me is that my BP was slightly elevated at my 37 and 38 week appointments, and one of my kidney function blood tests is also up a touch. things were stable between the 37 and 38 week, though. the idea now is bedrest, and if things get better we'll keep waiting for me to go into labor. if things stay the same they really want to induce by 40w, if things get worse we could induce anytime. i think i'm ok with doing the induction if things get worse, but right now my BP hasn't even risen up to my 1st trimester readings (which were unhappily high), so i'll have to talk to them more about why they don't want me to go past 40weeks if things remain the same. my cervix is moving anterior, baby's head down and fairly low, so i'm hopeful that i'll either go into labor soon or that an induction will be easier on us because i'm getting ready anyway.

Rosemary & Gary :
James 12/04 & Cecelia 4/07
#32 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 11:55 AM

Inductions are no fun, In my humble opinion...hopefully y'all can avoid them. I have had pitocin with all of my children thus far and I'm really hoping I don't have to this time..'course my m/w would probably let me go to 42 weeks at least. We are, however, going to have a "fun" weekend ourselves and see if we can't kick things into gear..I'd like this kid out before the great turkey massacre day, but i'm not going to count on it. Mostly I'd like her to come because my oldest will be here next week all week and it'd be great for big sister to meet little sister before she has to go back to school!

I think, for those astrology enthusiasts, you can get a free chart at www.astrodienst.com but I'm not entirely sure about that. Charts are cheap and very well explained at www.astrology.com, which is a good site for those of you who have limited knowledge and lots of curiosity I will literally have someone with a precisely timed watch at my birth because of my background with astrology.

I had the weirdest dreams about other people's babies last night...how come I never dream about my own baby except that one time where they showed me a redheaded kid named chloe that I said wasn't mine????
#33 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM

and i'm actually an astronomer... thus don't believe in astrology at all... but i've been hoping my babe will be born on the cusp like i was so he can be more ambiguous about what sign he is so he won't get pigeonholed as a sag or a scorpio.

more than that, i'm hoping he's born on the full moon - nov. 26 - i do believe illumination levels at night affect our biology... after i went off the pill my cycles lined up with the moon phases, and i ovulated at the full moon in march... so i'm hoping he decides to show at the full moon this month... i'm sleeping with my south-facing windows open

Rosemary & Gary :
#34 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 12:51 PM

oh, megamama, can you explain what you're doing with the pharmacy and vitamin K? i'd asked my OB about giving oral vit. k and they said they don't have it available and it isn't as effective.... still would rather that than an injection. so you're getting it from a pharmacy? would just any pharmacy be able to give it to you? do you need a prescription?

Rosemary & Gary :
#35 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 01:01 PM

Hi Rosemary:

We're having a homebirth, so we got a prescription for injectable vitamin K from our pediatrician so it can be administered shortly after birth as if we were in a hospital Our midwife will do the trick for us.
#36 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 06:07 PM

mezzaluna, the oral vitamin k comes from germany, i think--our midwife can get it, but i'm not sure exactly how. er, i guess that's not all that helpful, heh.

i've been feeling funny since yesterday evening--ever-so-slightly nauseated, a little headachey, crampy, and every time i got up to pee last night my belly was hard as a rock. i know things are happening, but so far nothing exciting like a mucous plug. i'd really like it to be today--just had a talk with the babe about how today would be good, especially if he/she doesn't want "birthday pie" every year forever. i'm off to take a walk, then maybe dance around some (trying to think of songs that have the lyrics "come on baby" in them), push on pressure points, knit (i'm more than half done with longies i started the day before yesterday!)...

november 19! it has a good birthday sound, yeah? come on baby.

*j
#37 of 51 Old 11-20-2004, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm doing a HB because I don't want to be induced this time. I've been induced with 4 out of the seven and it sucks.

My MW doesn't give the Vit K shot unless you ask for it and since I'm not circ'ing I figured it was unnecessary.
#38 of 51 Old 11-23-2004, 07:08 AM

Yay! We are back up!

Still here, still pregnant, attitude deterorating
#39 of 51 Old 11-23-2004, 02:01 PM

thanks for the vit. K info, ladies

i'm still here - my BP is mostly back down again, blood tests normal, and the NST and BPP that have been done are very reassuring. the baby's a very healthy size, there's plenty of amniotic fluid, he's moving like a champ. so now the OBs are saying if i haven't delivered by my due date we'll talk induction in the following week... i'm much more comfortable with that than an absolute deadline. i think knowing the baby's safe and we can be flexible helps keep my BP down, too

my cervix is dilating and effacing - nothing dramatic, but it's happening - though i haven't really been feeling contractions... maybe the most fleeting, light things...

my OB said i could try nipple stimulation and intercourse to encourage labor to happen in the next week... so DH and I are on a mission he's also eager to take me to the pizza shop in town that's "known" for jumpstarting labor.

Rosemary & Gary :
#40 of 51 Old 11-23-2004, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

No baby yet. Just waiting.
#41 of 51 Old 11-23-2004, 10:58 PM

40 weeks 2 days
Still here (obviously). My due date came and went with nothing much but a few unexpected tears (all the anticipation?), even though I knew that I was still a ways off. My midwife appointment today said things are progressing though my cervix is still 3 cm thick and the baby's head at -2. I did feel different today- a little bit "menstrual" and achy and really, really tired (though that might be the rainy weather). We spent over an hour at the pool last night and that felt great; there was something very primal about being in luke-warm water. I felt a bit like a frog!
Ah well, it'll come one of these days.
#42 of 51 Old 11-24-2004, 12:18 AM

STILL waiting here...
#43 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 02:13 AM

Well, my Turkey Day baby never showed. Still waiting here :
#44 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 02:01 PM

I am still here, waiting.... My due date was on the 22nd, so I am getting impatient! I have been losing some of my mucus plug, so the midwife thinks it will happen sometime in the next 48 hours! I just keep telling myself that I can't be pregnant forever!
#45 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 03:20 PM

i'm rooting for you guys!

*jennifer
#46 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 03:45 PM

im still pregnant...but its sort of cool how this is going (due date was 23rd)...i'd never really thought about it happening like this...ive just been opening up super slowly over the last week or so, no pain just crampy and braxton hicks like contrax, im at a 5 (well i was 2 days ago so could be more now...) anyone ever heard of just gliding along over a week or so till "hello i feel like pushing"? super wishful thinking perhaps?...
#47 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 07:48 PM

kiwimutti--Wow you are at a 5???? I didn't even know you could walk around like that without being in full active labor!

I don't know what I am because my dr. won't check until my 40 week appt. I'm due on Monday...my appt. is on Wednesday, Dec. 1st!!! I can't believe it...I may be having a December baby. Thought for sure I would have had the baby by now. I've been very crampy today, lots of pressure, lots and lots of BH contractions. I've been trying to ignore them. Oh...and pretty sure I'm losing more of my mucus plug...been having a ton of ewcm today.
#48 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 08:01 PM

That's awesome about being at a 5!!! My friend's sister is at 4 right now...I am totally jealous.

Alex - I never thought I'd go this far, either! I'm due the 30th, so I knew there was a possibility for a Dec. baby but I definitely thought I'd go sooner rather than later...seeming not to be. Hey, we still have 3 days left.

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

#49 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

I was at a 5 with my first boy for a few days before anything happened.

Now I don't know what I'm at but I know I'm going nuts because I want to see/hold this baby NOW!
#50 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 10:05 PM

I'm still here...due tomorrow I guess. Not seeing any progress either. Starting to feel a little disheartened. I REALLY don't want to go to work on Monday...

Mama to three small people; wife to one big person; pet-person to cats and dogs..."Be the change you want to see in the world"-- Gandhi
#51 of 51 Old 11-27-2004, 11:59 PM

I have been 3-4 cm for the past month --- lot of good it has done me! I never thought I would not have this baby in November, but it is defintely looking like a possibility now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page