Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
or should I say who is still waiting for the babe to arrive
#2 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 03:07 AM

Me! I go to bed every night now thinking I may wake up ready to go! I'm not even due until next Friday! Of course the OB has said that he thinks I'll go within the week so I'm putting pressure on myself!
Plus all this prodromal labour stuff isn't very fun - we're all ready - Max is just on a different schedule.

How's everyone else coping?
#3 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 03:51 AM

I'm still waiting for my little one to arrive. Hes not due til Nov 30th though, and I am REALLY hoping that he will either come on time! I'm really nervous because my midwife just told me she might be out of town for thanksgiving.. What will I do without her! I am planning to give birth at hospital, because home birth isn't an option for me.
Does anyone know what you do if you are due near the holidays??
#4 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 AM

Hey, I'm due on the 30th, too! Two weeks tomorrow. I never asked if my MW is out of town - hope not, b/c I'm having the baby at her birth center...!

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

#5 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 04:26 AM

I'm still waiting. I'm not due until the 24th, but I had my first baby at 38 weeks 5 days, and with this one I am 38weeks 6 days today.... so I feel overdue even though I'm not!
I'm hoping she comes soon, I am very uncomfortable and tired and I can't wait to meet her. I also don't want to go over as it is my son's birthday on December 2nd and I'd like to be able to plan his day which I can't if I don't know whether I'll be in labour or not
#6 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 AM

Today is my due date. And I am going walking at the mall with Dd and my Sis.
But I am not really hopefull. I expect I will be at my midwife appt tomorrow, hopefully though I will be effaced or maybe even a little dilated. Anything but this fort knox act my cervix is up to.
It sounds a bit selfish but I keep thinking if the baby comes soon it would make things so much easier on me. My Sis is visiting for a short time, and I would love her to be there for the birth and have her help in the first week afterwards as well. Besides Thanksgiving is a BIG deal in my family, I want to be there with my family and the new babe. I need to get over this thinking the world will turn on my schedule thing.
Sorry for the total negativity I'll quit now
Sandy

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#7 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 AM

I am here- due on T-giving day. Been dialated for quite a while, but nothing has been happening. I feel OK really, just tired. Tired of chasing my toddler, picking him up, loading him in and out of the car. The rest I can deal with.
#8 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 11:06 AM

i'm still here! my estimated due date was 11/10 and we're just hanging out waiting for the arrival of the babe... my maternity leave started 11/1 because i was totally convinced the baby would be early so i'm bored out of my mind.

the other night i just got SICK of being pregnant, so we decided to try to get things going- went around the house and lit candles, put incense on my goddess altar, got into bed and made out, talked to the baby, all that stuff. it was all "spiritual midwifery" up in here...until about eight o' clock when we finally gave up and watched the simpsons!

now we're trying to distract ourselves. i'm watching old tapes of buffy and the x-files and my boyfriend is taking a lot of walks with the dog.
#9 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 11:22 AM

I'm still here! I thought after yesterday that I would have my baby...I was so crampy, my backached and then the contractions started to come at 4 minutes a part for hours!!! They started in my back and wrapped around to my belly. I was so hopeful...now they are gone. Also had a bunch of ewcm yesterday which could have been the mucus plug. Don't know...I'm due Nov. 29th...so still have 13 days to go...
#10 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 12:18 PM

Lynsage, take heart I have been where you are. My first came 15 days past her EDD, and I quit my job at 38 wks. It's can be hard. Just try to stay busy.
Good Luck. I'm thinking of you
Sandy

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#11 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 01:10 PM

I am still here. My due date is in 5 days (22nd). My midwife told me it could be at any time. I don't know if I am dialated, b/c she hasn't checked. Everyone keeps asking me if how much I am dialated, and are suprised that I don't know. I don't really want or need to know, b/c I don't think it matters. It can change so fast or it can stay the same forever KWIM?

We have everything ready for the baby, but now I have a sore throat and am feeling crappy, so I am hoping labor won't start for a few days at least until I am feeling a little better. What a time to get a cold!! I have my uncomfortable, cranky, tired of being pregnant moments, but other than that I feel ok.
#12 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 02:01 PM

I'm also still here...just got back from the M/w..everything is hunky dory..I'm due the 27th so there is still time..sigh. My others were all born 5 days before their due dates so I'm hoping for the 22nd..on the other hand, my 18 yr old is flying in on that day, so maybe a couple days after that would be better! I feel serene almost..I'm having plenty of BH contx, taking lots of warm baths and just generally being lazy and enjoying my last pregnancy as much as it can be enjoyed with this discomfort. I still have a cold and I still can't sleep so I'll actually be relieved when baby girl is here and I can get some sleep...seems crazy to say that, but I know with bfing and co-sleeping I sleep pretty well.

I'm ready, though...any time would be OK with me
#13 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

I'm due the 28th and I've felt the same way, lazy. Having lots of BH contractions and pressure but nothing yet. I just can't wait to snuggle in bed and breastfeed my little one.
#14 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 04:10 PM

i'm here!

i'm due tomorrow, and as of yesterday our birth room is all set up, all my paying work is done, and i feel ready. today or tomorrow would be perfect. i think the babe is still posterior, so i'm doing lots of hands-and-knees yoga but also reasonably okay with having that sort of birth if that's the best way for it to happen (my first birth was a 10# posterior baby induced with pit and arom, born after 7 hours of labor and 15 minutes of pushing. granted, i was 19 years old at the time). we see our midwife tomorrow, but i'm not having her do any internal checks--if i'm 3 cm dilated, i'll just get more impatient, and if i'm closed up i'll be frustrated. i'm happier just thinking yes..yes..yes every time i have a contraction that feels "cervical" and knowing that my body's getting ready for the big adventure.

oh, and i slept something like 12 hours last night (with time off for peeing and waking up with d's alarm a bunch of times)! woo.

hugs, mamas--we're almost there!

*j
#15 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 04:34 PM

Uh oh J...my friend Tracey said to me, the night you get a great nights sleep is the one to watch for!! Of course, with an almost 2 yr old in my bed and having to pee every hour, I just don't see it happening!!

I'll be thinkin' about you all...I think I've got a few weeks yet..
#16 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 06:21 PM

still here - due the 29th, and the obs said to think in terms of the two weeks *after* my due date... haven't felt anything i would call a contraction come spontaneously - only when i get up and move around after sitting around like a lazybones for too long!

was having trouble sleeping, but i'm doing better now. i find i'm not uncomfortably big - i totally expected to be huge and waddling by this point, but what do i know, this is my first - and i can't complain about how good i feel!

very disappointed to hear last week that i'm GBS+ - not looking forward to going to the hospital earlier and staying longer (or getting iv antibiotics ), but we're meeting with our doula tomorrow and we'll strategize from there.

Rosemary & Gary :
James 12/04 & Cecelia 4/07
#17 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 07:22 PM

I'm still hanging around... feeling a bit like the energizer bunny! I was due on the 8th, so I guess that makes me officially over 41 weeks! Anytime, babe, anytime!
#18 of 51 Old 11-16-2004, 08:45 PM

Checking in. Thought my baby would be about 16 days "late" but had planned on 10 just in case. I'm on day #12 so I guess we're right on track!

The good night of sleep before labor day was definitely what happened to me the first time around.

I feel fine and have given the baby every go ahead (of the mental/emotional variety) that I can think of. Right now my 20 month old is using a makeshift fetoscope made of random toys and telling the baby down. Down is her favorite word of late, down the stairs, down out of the high chair etc. And such an appropriate sentiment at this point!

Hope to be leaving your rannks soon
#19 of 51 Old 11-17-2004, 03:17 PM

im here too
#20 of 51 Old 11-17-2004, 05:22 PM

we just saw our midwife, and the babe is loa--no longer posterior! whee. i've already had a couple of interesting-feeling contractions today, so i'm hoping soon...we're not doing any early internal checks, but that superlow head's gotta be doing something!

hope you're all doing well today--

*jennifer
#21 of 51 Old 11-17-2004, 05:30 PM

Doing ok...I wish the baby would go ahead and come, though. My feet are so swollen it's kinda hurting. I can't find a pharmacy to get the vitamin K at...sigh..I guess i'm going to have to try the hospital pharmacy. Eli is suddenly acting 2 this week...throwing small tantrums of frustration..arrrgh..why now?? He must be able to feel how anxious I am..
#22 of 51 Old 11-17-2004, 05:33 PM

I know I am not SUPPOSE to be here, as I self selected to hang out in the December club, but technically I am due on November 27th or 28th (they cannot decide ). I lurk in here too though Since I went long with the first two I figured I'd probably run long with this one as well, but there is always hope for a Thanksgiving baby...

Anyway, I am just waiting. Baby is head down, but sort of sideways (hasn't decided if s/he is posterior or anterior). But getting big in there...

Mama to three small people; wife to one big person; pet-person to cats and dogs..."Be the change you want to see in the world"-- Gandhi
#23 of 51 Old 11-17-2004, 08:24 PM

I'm still here too...edd November 27 - nothing really happening as far as I can tell. I haven't been checked so no news there...sleeping good comes and goes (have good nights and bad ones)...I'm soooooo ready...I'm trying to talk my self into being ok with being late! My first one came 7 days early...we'll see
#24 of 51 Old 11-18-2004, 10:12 AM

Well..I had my 1st false alarm last night...contx 5 minutes apart and got rather strong..so I got in the tub and tried to relax and they kept going...so we went out for supper...still going...when we got home, I was really tired so I went to lay down...fell asleep and an hour later, the contx had slowed down to a couple an hour...then they stopped all together sometime during the night..however, I slept a lot better than usual, so there is at least an up side!!
I am glad, in a way, because I still have to go to the hospital pharmacy and get the vitamin K for the birth...
#25 of 51 Old 11-18-2004, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

I'm due the day after you Meg..have you noticed the baby's movements slowing down?
#26 of 51 Old 11-18-2004, 04:40 PM

Hmm..a little bit, though oddly during the contx fest last night she was quite mobile..as I write this she has hiccups I haven't noticed a huge difference except at night she is not rolling around as much.
#27 of 51 Old 11-18-2004, 09:41 PM

Still here too. My midwife appointment yesterday indicated that I'm still all shut up (due 21st), though soft. She's now recommending the usual gentle labor inducers: spicy foods, walks, sex. I got some black and blue cohosh today too. She expects to see me at my next appointment tuesday (2 days after the due date) and I suspect I'll be there. The baby still hasn't engaged and I'm still tolerably comfortable. We are however going out for chinese the night before my due date with about 12 people to a restaurant that's known for sending women into labor, so we'll see what happens. I don't feel overly anxious or anything, but I am starting to feel ready.
I had some contractions the other night for about 20 minutes that felt different from the usual BH conrtractions- stronger and more menstrual. That was sort of exciting but they fizzled out. At least something is happening though!
I won't be surprised if baby decides to come around the 25th or 26th- remember all that full mooon action we had last month? That would be ok by me; and besides I hear that sag babies are easier than scorpio...
#28 of 51 Old 11-18-2004, 10:00 PM

Oh..I don't know..all my kids so far have been Scorpios, and they are all very different children I am looking forward to having a Sag though, just to have something different!! Sagittarians are very goofy and fun.. But, I was an astrologer years ago, and what really counts is the moon sign when they are children..under the full moon that will be Gemini. My son Elijah has a gemini moon and boy is he a talker and a reader.
#29 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 01:23 AM

Hmmm, it'll be interesting to see what we get! You must be pretty active in the early Spring! I wonder if there's some sort on on line astrological chart thing we can do...
#30 of 51 Old 11-19-2004, 04:19 AM

I had my 39 week appointment today and everything was fine. My next appointment I will be 'overdue' and we will discuss induction.... which is something I want to avoid. I'm going to try a few things to induce naturally, but nothing to drastic just yet. Does anyone know if it's ok to have sex if you are GBS+ ? I'm already drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea (have been since 32 weeks)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page