What symptoms are you experiencing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 62 Old 04-04-2004, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so freakin' nervous b/c I don't have many symptoms. This 8ww is so difficult.

I'm wicked tired. I go to bed w/my son around 9, and wake up w/him at 8, and then take a two hr nap w/him during the day

I'm also very thirsty. I have never been this thirsty in my life. I am drinking water constantly.

Which brings me to, the constant urination. I'm up at least 2 or 3x a night to go pee. And all day, of course.

Now, I'm not feeling any m/s or breat soreness yet. I'm also constantly nursing my son. Probably 10x at night and all day. He is 2 : I spoke to a midwife awhile back and in her experience, she doesn't think my milk will dry up just due to the sheer amt this child nurses. So, I am really hoping for that.

I'm also not that much more hungry. I eat all the time anyway due to all the nursing, but I'm not feeling any more hungry.
#2 of 62 Old 04-04-2004, 03:37 PM

Amy - thanks for starting this thread!!!
I am not experiencing that many symptoms yet either. I've never been pregnant so I'm not sure what to feel. I just thought I'd feel more than this!!! I am just a little tired, very thirsty and have sore breasts. They feel heavier than ever! But.......I am only 1 week late for AF. I don't want to complain though!! One of my sisters always had easy pregnancies and the other had hyperemesis.
Oh yeah - and I have been waking frequently in the early morning, is that a symptom?????
#3 of 62 Old 04-04-2004, 04:11 PM

I am HUNGRY!! And it's not realated to the amount of food I eat. I think I need more protein and more frequent, smaller meals.

No real nausea to speak of, just a tiny bit of quesiness off and on. Pregnancy tea helps that and my thirst.

I'm also nursing a two year old. It's not horrible, but it starts to get irritating after a while. Working on setting reasonable limits.

I'm also VERY TIRED. I've been waking up often during the night, and have to steel myself to stay in bed and go back to sleep. Therefore, I've been trying to go to sleep with the kids around 8:30 because when I wake up between 5 and 6, that's it, I'm awake.

Gosh that felt good to get out! Since I'm not telling anyone yet, I haven't been bitching like ai normally would.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#4 of 62 Old 04-04-2004, 06:56 PM

I've had very small amounts of queaziness, but nothing really to speak of, especially compared to last time and I have had a huge appetite at certain times. BUT the pain while nursing can be intense. I am tired too. I also feel heaviness and stretching in the baby's area of my body. And one more, I can feel the rush of extra blood surging through my heart every so often.

Overall, not bad, so far. (knock on wood)
#5 of 62 Old 04-04-2004, 07:40 PM

I am SOOOOO tired..... im used to staying up til 3 or 4 am working and getting up at 9 or 9:30 with Kyla. But the last week or so I am lucky if I make it to midnight and dont seem to sleep past 8 am... but then I feel like I need a MAJOR nap during the day. Unfortunately kyla doesnt see it that way and refuses to lay down with me, lol.

I'm also peeing CONSTANTLY... i feel like i just need to tye a bucket to my leg....

Other than that OK
#6 of 62 Old 04-04-2004, 11:14 PM

Yep, we have the sore breasts too, although the left one is worse than the right (probably because my almost 3 year old still nurses exclusively there.) She thinks I'm some sort of self-service bar at night! I have to admit though that today she only nursed twice, which has been the fewest amount of nursings since she was born. OMG, I can't believe that - writing it somehow made me feel insane! :LOL

I am sore where the baby is growing, and my tummy is already sensitive to tight or restrictive pants/underwear (normally I like my undies snug, but not while PG.)

I was a little dizzy this AM, but I also hadn't really eaten anything but some water and a pretzel. Mostly I suppose it was just when I looked at the ground, not while walking around. I should probably get used to not looking at the ground!

Also hungry, but I must admit that I always am ready to eat. I do notice that I've been getting full quicker and have switched to more frequent smaller meals. With my first 2 PGs I had a LOT of morning sickness, so I'm hoping this time I'll be taking an easy ride! Lots of tiredness and peeing for us too...
#7 of 62 Old 04-05-2004, 01:31 AM

you ladies are gonna start throwing things at me for this post.... I just know it...

I've only had my + hpt for about a week, so I know that it's still entirely too early to tell what my symptoms are... but this has been a wonderful experience so far! This baby is already just a magnificent gift to me, mentally, emotionally and physically! I'll tell you my symptoms in order of their first appearance:

-I have had the most amazing Calm and Content feeling, since before I even suspected we might be pregnant.
-I am having breast swelling and tenderness out the yin yang! I ran out and bought a handful of those tank tops w/ the shelf bra just because all my bras were so painful to wear!
-There is a slight pulling sensation in my lower abdomen (sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left) that is really strong, if I turn or bend the wrong way.
-My skin has been SUPER sensitive and clearer than it's ever been.
-almost EVERYTHING smells wonderful! I've had one or two smell aversions, but really, just stuff like cigarettes and things I need to stay away from.
-Truthfully, I'm not having any cravings nor am I very hungry but, I want EVERYTHING I see. It all looks and smells so decadent that I immediately want to eat ANYTHING in my line of sight.
-I have lost about 5 lbs without trying.
-My allergies seem to be worse this month. I now need my asthma inhaler every day and I'm sneezy and stuffy all the time. My eyes are dry and itchy and it feels like I'm constantly scratching. I am so itchy, everywhere and my psoriasis is getting worse (though that may be because I haven't been taking my flax oil --want to make sure it's safe)
-I've just been in a kind of euphoric state for the past week though for the last 2 days, when something snaps me out of that bliss, my patience as well as my temper are alot shorter than usual.
-I have NOT had any nausea whatsoever, though I was told it is just too soon and I'll probablly get it later.

So, that's about it for the moment. I dont' know what tomorrow will bring, however... so, I guess I'll see you all then!
#8 of 62 Old 04-05-2004, 09:39 AM

well I'm only newly pregnant but I started noticing symptoms around 12 dpo. I was becoming more thirsty, clumsy, constipated (only happened to me once before, when I was preggo) feeling a bit quesy but not too bad.
#9 of 62 Old 04-05-2004, 11:56 AM

I am having the "normal for me" symptoms I have had with each of my pregnancies:

-Tired, Tired, Tired
-Shorter temper
-Thickening around the middle
-Intermitenly quesy (I almost yarfed twice on the plane back from a business trip Saturday...I COULD blame it on the turbulance, but since I only get motion sickness when pregnant, I cannot really in good concious blame it on the pilot ).
-The smells that turn me off are fish/seafood, newspapers, and cigarettes

Mama to three small people; wife to one big person; pet-person to cats and dogs..."Be the change you want to see in the world"-- Gandhi
#10 of 62 Old 04-05-2004, 01:26 PM

Ugh!! I think the nauseousness is creeping up. I had a toothbrush gaggin incident this morning. THen I went to a grocery store and felt very ill from smelling some of the vegetables (same as last time).

Is being short-tempered really a pg symptom, because do I have that!! I don't remember that from last time.
#11 of 62 Old 04-05-2004, 08:33 PM

So far so good. Fleeing periods of slight queasiness that seem to come up when I'm getting hungry. Thickening in my middle---pants already getting a bit tight. I've also been wincing when DD, age 2.5, latches on to nurse. Ouch! Also very very tired and having trouble getting anything done at work. Also starting to have trouble with the smell of broccoli, one of my major aversions during my last pregnancy. I had to very carefully conceal broccoli in order to get/keep it down (sorry, TMI...).

I'm starting to stock up on my pregnancy foods and herbs. Feels so strange to be doing this again. I feel so much more relaxed and better prepared for this pg.
#12 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I am amazed by the thirst! I don't remember that for the last 2 (which doesn't mean it didn't happen). I am unquenchably thirsty all the time. Hungry lots more. Tender, fuller breasts. Smells are just starting to bother me (yesterday). I also am waking up too early in the morning, almost like in a startle and unable to get back to sleep. Sleep has not been great.

How about dreams? I have had some wild dreams since pg--even before I knew.

I have been to the co-op to stock up on nuts and good juices and some flavored tofu--I just slice it and eat it like a snack (I think I have barbecue flavor right now). I'm trying not to eat too much dairy this pregnancy, because I had really big babies the last 2 times.

#13 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 09:32 AM

FYI - I was told by my accupuncturist that pre-natals can make you thirsty. When I was taking them, I couldn't get enough to drink. Now that I'm off of them, I am not nearly as thirsty.
#14 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 09:43 AM

Quote:
FYI - I was told by my accupuncturist that pre-natals can make you thirsty. When I was taking them, I couldn't get enough to drink. Now that I'm off of them, I am not nearly as thirsty.
Hmmm, interestinh theory. I just started taking some vitamins (women's one a day, so not exactly prenatals) about a week ago. But I was really thirsty before that too, so I'm not sure in my case that the theory holds true (although it could be making it worse I suppose).

Toast for breakfast has been my friend lately

Mama to three small people; wife to one big person; pet-person to cats and dogs..."Be the change you want to see in the world"-- Gandhi
#15 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by coleslaw
nope, I'm not taking any vitamins, so it's not true for me. I really think it is the 6 gallons of breastmilk I produce a day :LOL
#16 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 01:07 PM

I wasn't sure if I believed her either. Maybe it was the timing. I am starting to get thristy again, without taking vitamins, so well, so much for that theory ...
#17 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 05:54 PM

I don't know how far along I am or when I'm due. I only decided last week it was sometime around 12/1. My last cycle would have been 36 or 37 days had I not conceived, and is conception the date of ovulation, or of, um, you know? We only tried for one cycle so I didn't have time to learn everything!

I'm not having many symptoms, and sometimes that makes me think something's wrong. My breasts grew 2 sizes practically overnight, but not much more since 2 weeks ago. Oh and there's the cramps. Occasionally I have cramps from mild to painful lasting a minute or so, usually going away when I put my feet up.

This is my first pregnancy so I'm scared at every little feeling (or lack of feeling) I have. The midwife won't see me until 4/22. Is this normal?! :

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#18 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 06:36 PM

No symptoms here...if AF weren't late I would have no clue I was PG : But I have never had any symptoms with any of my pregnancies.

I know that's a good thing, I can live without morning sickness :LOL

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#19 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 07:03 PM

Thanks Kristina...... I have very few symptoms also!! But, I don't want to complain. I will see a midwife on the 20th. She said a prenatal exam at 8 weeks is fine!!
#20 of 62 Old 04-06-2004, 08:43 PM

I am feeling a bit queasy here and there...gonna up my protien, see if it helps. Also peeing very often...and super thirsty too. I am nursing my 16 month old all day and night, hoping he doesn't want to wean, but then hoping he does...I would love, love, love to nurse one baby, just one. :LOL
Overall pretty good though...

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#21 of 62 Old 04-07-2004, 09:35 AM

My symptoms:

Peeing a lot
Vivid Dreams
Very Thirsty
Tired in the afternoons

With DS I had m/s (more like strong food aversions) from 6 weeks all the way to around 9 weeks and they got less and less and stopped by the 2nd trimester. I haven't really had that yet which makes me nervous (I'm right around 6 weeks now).
#22 of 62 Old 04-07-2004, 05:41 PM

Adamsmama, I also had strong m/s for my first. Mine started about 4-5 weeks and didn't give up until 16 weeks. Now I only have a touch of queaziness occasionally and nothing to get uptight about. It's making me very nervous. Part of me knows I should be excited, but something keeps me from that. I don't have many other symtoms, except painful nursing. Maybe I'll feel better once I decide on my practitioner and have my first prenatal visit.
#23 of 62 Old 04-08-2004, 12:49 AM

I'm also having vivid dreams!! Wow!! Its amazing. I don't have ANY nausea at all. But...... today, I was ABSOLUTELY exhausted. I was taking a class and I had the hardest time staying awake. It was as if I was drugged. Also, I had a slight headache today and one on Saturday that wouldn't quit!
#24 of 62 Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 PM

SUPER tired in the afternoons - UGH! Makes it hard to keep up with a 2 and 4 year old LOL! Also quesy in the evenings....that is all for now. I am suprised to have *any* symptoms this early!

Grace - photographer, wife and mom to 4 great kids (Ethan 5.00, Ainsley 4.02, Owen 12.04, and Ellis Ann 10.07) :
#25 of 62 Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 PM

Well, my biggest symptom...and I do mean biggest -- is my expanding deriere! That's right; five minutes after I got a ++ test, my butt widened by two sizes. My underroos all became thongs, and my thongs...well, you don't want to know -- it ain't pretty! :LOL

Seriously, though -- I am feeling a bit of stretching here and there, constant fatigue, peein' ALL the time, & hungry all the time. Right now I put away a large amount of food before I am "content," but I'm guessing in a few weeks this will change and I'll have to eat tiny snacks all day. Already if I don't eat when I should I feel slightly sick...
#26 of 62 Old 04-15-2004, 11:13 AM

I am only four weeks pregnant with my first, and I feel like I need to pee ALL THE TIME. The problem is that I'm also getting over a UTI (that's how i found out I was pg--they did a test when I went to my GP a few days ago with the UTI).

So I don't know if the peeing thing is left over from the UTI or if its a pregnancy symptom. Is it possible to be feeling that this early in a pregnancy? I should probably just call my doctor.

Also very heavy, sore breasts. That's it so far. My understanding is that most of the symptoms come at around 6 weeks, which is why I wonder if the peeing thing is really due to PG?
#27 of 62 Old 04-15-2004, 03:09 PM

Kaliki, it's probably a bit of both...plus the power of suggestion, kwim? And just to give you a bit to look forward to, I had reoccuring uti's until I got pregnant, but from a week after I found out I had absolutely NO uti's or uti-like symptoms! It wasn't until my ds was about 8 months old that I had any trouble again (of course that's when my diet plummeted as well...).
#28 of 62 Old 04-15-2004, 03:15 PM

woo-hoo! It would be great if pregnancy creates an inhospitable environment for UTI's--they are awful. Thanks!
#29 of 62 Old 04-15-2004, 10:48 PM

new to the Dec 04 club, too.. I am about 18dpo and just found out yesterday, but I should have known. I'm mega tired and pee ALL the time!

At least I know the peeing thing goes away for me soon and I am SOOO thankful that I don't have any ms. Hopefully that will last too!
#30 of 62 Old 04-15-2004, 11:04 PM

Oh goodie...the toothbrush gagging has begun...

:LOL

Welcome, michray

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page