17 week appointment - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2004, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone, I had my 17 week appointment this morning!
I was soooo nervous about going to the Dr. today, because it was the first time I met him.
I didn't sleep well last night at all!
Well, my ligament pain is better in my uterus, just hurts when I move wrong.
The Dr. was great, very very caring and took lots of time to discuss my past pregnancies, especially why I had to have a C/S with Charlie and why Amanda Joy died at 31 weeks. He asked me alot of questions, and was very sympathetic, and said something about that we've had a hard time of it. I almost started crying then, I was thinking, WOW! A dr. who is sympathetic to my losses!!!!
He said that they would be giving me extra ultrasounds, especially around 31 weeks, because he knows how stressed I'll be. He was awesome!
He asked me what I wanted for the birth, and I told him I want a VBAC, etc. He said that 3 months ago, the hospital said no VBACs. He personally promotes them, but his hands are tied. He said if I showed up at 9 cm dialated and ready to push, then they really couldn't do anything, BUT that it is dangerous to do that.
Anyhoo, we will be having a scheduled C-section. I am sorta disappointed, but you know, our goal is a healthy alive baby, so how it gets out is really trivial. He said they would probably schedule it for the 15th or so, so that I can be out and feeling ok for Christmas. (And I think so that he doesn't have to a section so close to Christmas! LOL!)
I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 27th of July, so my hubby and son can be there to see the baby!
The heartbeat is about 151. And sounded great. Little bugger was hiding from us tho, it took the Dr. awhile to find the heartbeat.
So, overall, I am happy. I have some time to get used to the idea of a section. He said this time will be better, because I won't have gone thru labor and 2+hours of pushing before major surgery. He said it wouldn't be as difficult a recovery this time.
I talked to a friend who had 2 c/s, 1st one was just like mine, after a long labor and 2nd one was scheduled. She told me it was amazing how much better she felt after the 2nd one.
So I am just gonna trust that this Dr. has my best intersts at heart, and the safety of the baby and me, and trust him. Besides, I found out that I am distantly related to him, his grandpa's brother married my grandpa's sister! SMALL WORLD! Yes I live in Hicksville, ND!!! LOL!
I'm still down in weight, havn't gained at all. In fact I have lost another 3 pounds. But he wasn't concerned at all, because I am a bit overweight and have extra! LOL! So I have lost a total of 5 pounds.
My blood pressure was 128/70, so that is good.
Everything seems fine! Now I just can't wait to see the baby on ultrasound in 2 weeks!!!!
Oh and he said that my due date is the 22nd! LOL! It started out the 20th, then they changed it to the 23rd, then the 22nd. BUT, we'll do a C-section on the 15th or so! Sooo, WHAT IS MY DUE DATE!?!?!?!? LOL!
HUGS!
Stephanie
EDD 12/23/04

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PgSAL/
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...niesPregnancy/
http://www.geocities.com/hopefully_trying_again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2004, 08:25 AM

That is so great! I am happy for you! You sound so pleased with your new Dr. and it is great that he is supportive and really sat down to discuss things with you!
#3 of 3 Old 07-16-2004, 01:10 AM

It sounds like you're really happy with your new doctor, that's wonderful! Good luck!

mel, silly mama to cordelia (9), emmeline (8),
leone (2), & arthur (born 1.17.2013)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page