Even if You've Signed up For Shower Swap: PLEASE READ THIS NEW MESSAGE - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 08-11-2004, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When everyone started listing their information for the baby shower swap, we forgot one really important thing: how to send the gifts to each other!

Since no one probably wants their address made completely public, Nannymom, PastVNE, and I have figured out a way to do the swap.

If you want to be in the swap, PM Rainy32 with your information – ETA, gender (if known), preferences, wants, needs, siblings, etc., what you might be willing to give to another mama, AND how to send the gift to you. Please try to get it to me by September 15 so everyone has time to shop and make!

I will split that list in half, and PM them to Nannymom and PastVNE, who will make the matches up for the “secret santa” style shower swap. They’ll contact each match by early October. If anyone else wants to help in the matching, to make it easier, please PM Rainy32 – we can always split the list three ways, seven ways, …. Ten ways

So, even if you’ve already listed your preferences on the other thread, please PM me (Rainy32) so I can start compiling a list to get to our matchmakers. All December mamas are welcome!!

#2 of 67 Old 08-11-2004, 07:34 PM

Can this be made a sticky, please?

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#3 of 67 Old 08-12-2004, 07:35 PM

I got you PM the other day, and for some reason, and I think it is ALL pregnancy related, I'm wicked confused. I feel like that lawyer in the movie "Philadelphia", but could someone explain this to me like a 6 yr old (or a 2 yr old :LOL ).

So let's see, I am going to PM you rainey, w/my info. Basically what that one thread already says, plus my address. Oh, I just read that you also want to know what I plan to give to the other mama. 2 questions on that: What if I'm not sure? What if I'm waiting to see who I get? I also see that you have the deadline for about a month from now for you to get this info, so then we will have a month to get our stuff made. WAIT, is that what a secret santa is!!! I don't know who I'm making for??? If so, I've answered some of my own questions

Okay, so then, you are going to PM my info to nannymom (for clarity, no offense PastVNE ). Nannymom is going to look at her list of mamas and choose someone from her list for me to make for, and someone else to make for me. Or is she going to contact PastVNE?? And Nannymom will let me know who I will be making for, in october if I'm reading correctly. And when will the packages go out?

Okay, sorry to be so confused.
Amy

Oh, PastVNE, you need to PM whomever our moderator is to make it a sticky. I also think it would be helpful if you cut and pasted this link into the other swap links so that people who might not check the board, but just go straight to the msgs they subscribed to, won't miss the new msg.
#4 of 67 Old 08-14-2004, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know how to sticky ... so I'll bounce us ... and AmyD, I'll PM you again ... now I'm confused. But its not as hard as it sounds!
#5 of 67 Old 08-16-2004, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

I've gotten some pm's from mom's joining up on the babyshower swap!! YAY!! Keep them coming, please!
#6 of 67 Old 08-20-2004, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

bump .....
#7 of 67 Old 08-25-2004, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

#8 of 67 Old 08-29-2004, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

bumping ... please sign up!
#9 of 67 Old 09-05-2004, 06:31 PM

Could you possibly give us a deadline for having our stuff ready to send? I'm planning on making the stuff for mine and am a heavy-duty procrastinator...

OH, and what is the expected value? I ask because, well, I don't want to send too much or too little.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#10 of 67 Old 09-06-2004, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj
Could you possibly give us a deadline for having our stuff ready to send? I'm planning on making the stuff for mine and am a heavy-duty procrastinator...
: me too
#11 of 67 Old 09-07-2004, 12:02 AM

Me three! Can you tell by the way I haven't come up with my list yet? :LOL :
#12 of 67 Old 09-10-2004, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have a clue how to answer any of those questions! The baby shower swap wasn't my idea ... I just figured out a way to get a list going ...

I will be accepting names on the list until SEPTEMBER 15, at which time I forward them to mamas who have agreed to be matchmakers. They'll get the names to you really soon. I figure NOVEMBER 15 is a good deadline, since we're december moms. But I don't know????

on the first thread about the swap someone suggested a 25$ limit. hows that sound?

-rainy (send those names in, PM me today !)
#13 of 67 Old 09-13-2004, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy32

I will be accepting names on the list until SEPTEMBER 15, at which time I forward them to mamas who have agreed to be matchmakers. They'll get the names to you really soon. I figure NOVEMBER 15 is a good deadline, since we're december moms. But I don't know????
rainy,

I would think that the November 15th idea is a little too late, especially for those of us (Hilary comes to mind), who are due early in the month and theoretically could birth before November 15.

Can I suggest that packages be mailed (w/delivery confirmation and insurance) by Halloween? A little earlier if people could get them out too.

And how many moms have you got signed up rainy? If you want to PM me the list of names, I can PM those who showed an interest, but didn't send you the goods yet

I'm so excited, we are dropping my sewing machine off today to get it fixed!!
Amy
#14 of 67 Old 09-13-2004, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

I think Oct. 31 is a good deadline, too!
#15 of 67 Old 10-07-2004, 09:24 AM

Just bringing this to the top now that I've been able to do my matches and get the list out.

So, as I understand it, we have established a $25 limit (or homemade!!) and packages are to be mailed by an October 31 deadline, with insurance and delivery confirmation.

My confusion remains on this, though: Do the recipients know who their gifter is, or is this like a Secret Santa thing?

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#16 of 67 Old 10-08-2004, 09:54 AM

I was going to vote for secret, but that might get difficult if we need more info -- we could always eep what we're making/buying a secret, right?

I'm so excited!
#17 of 67 Old 10-08-2004, 01:30 PM

Well, I need to get an address from my exchangee, so that would spoil the secret, eh?

I say we don't worry about keeping who is paired with who a secret, just what we're giving (until it arrives, of course ).

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#18 of 67 Old 10-08-2004, 05:29 PM

I have the name and addy of the person I am making for. I was hoping it could be secret
#19 of 67 Old 10-09-2004, 01:10 AM

Well, we don't HAVE to tell, do we? I'm only gonna PM my person if I have a specific question -- otherwise, it will be a total surprise.
#20 of 67 Old 10-15-2004, 05:09 PM

I'm so confused, can someone explain this to me?
I signed up for a baby shower swap but now i notice that everything is seperated into due date clubs
im due december 30th
did i sign up for the wrong swap? eep! i havent heard anything from the people who were organizing the swap!! will someone just randomly give me a name?
eeeeep!
#21 of 67 Old 10-15-2004, 05:16 PM

oh sheesh! i signed up for the may due date club one..
Sorry, i havent figured out how this works yet, can i sign up for the right one still??
#22 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 03:35 AM

Yaay! I've finished my package, wrapped & addressed it, and I'm mailing it tomorrow!!

Is everyone else on schedule? I was a week late at the last swap I did, so I'm really excited & proud of myself! :LOL
#23 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 03:50 AM

I sent mine out the day I got out of the hospital, but didn't realize until after I had sent it that I signed it.

Was it supposed to be a secret who it was sent from? I hope its okay!
#24 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 04:00 AM

I signed mine as well, I think it will be a fun surprise to not know until it arrives, but I can't imagine not *ever* knowing, kwim?

So glad you're back with us, by the way! Now go to bed -- you need your rest! I'm off to take my own advice right now...
#25 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 02:38 PM

I'll sign mine too.

I finished making it but it isn't getting out today. I am fairly miserably sick and in a fair amount of discomfort otherwise (see my post "Embarrassing and TMI, but need help" in the general pregnancy forum for details...) and it is cold and rainy and miserable outside - I am sitting on my butt with something warm to drink and watching the kids color and build block castles all day (taking the car for the day involves an hour-long transfer process with DH, just not worth it for a single trip to the post office).

So apologies in advance to my swap-ee. The package will get out, just not today and maybe not tomorrow, either.

#26 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 05:24 PM

:
I'm late too. I have everything ready, but won't get to the post office until tomorrow morning.
#27 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 07:56 PM

I'm totally late too. Everything is just about ready to go, but it won't go out to tomorrow.

Amy
#28 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

sent mine today... and was gonna be all secret about it, even blacking out the name of the town where I live from the "handcrafted with love in Long Beach" tag on part of the gift. But then read your posts and decided to put my username on the return address tag! I hope my swapee likes the gift!!
#29 of 67 Old 11-01-2004, 10:10 PM

Mine was sent today -- it's great to have a friend who owns her own (in-home) business -- she has all the weighing equipment & software to print out labels, etc.. I forgot about the delivery confirmation, though! So if my mama doesn't get hers in a few days, I guess I'll be making up a new package!
#30 of 67 Old 11-02-2004, 02:45 PM

I just wanted to say that my package is now on it's way via priority and my buddy (although she probably doesn't know who she is :LOL) should be receiving it on Thursday

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page