Mothering Forum banner

Anyone want to check their cervix and report back to me?

10K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ~MommyAmanda 
#1 ·
Hmmmm. I've been having a feeling that baby is going to be coming early, although I am hoping for later (see my post about all the things I have to do :LOL). Anyway, I've been having a lot of BHs at night and I'm feeling my cervix. So for poops and giggles I decided to have a feel up there.

Man, is that thing soft. Not nose hard, but probably, gulp, lip soft. I also feel a little dilated, but, I'm taking that w/a grain of salt. When we were TTC, my os always feels a little dilated after my son's birth.

So I'm curious how everyone else's cervixes are doing? I'm 35w btw, but would really love to get to 38w at earliest, and would be pleased to go late as well.

I want a nice cooked baby.

Thanks,
Amy

#3 ·
I can't reach mine, but I'd like to know wat is going on in there...

I'm only 33 weeks-ish so maybe nothing. I believe I stayed at 3 cm for the last four weeks with my first. This baby is not head down and has not droppped yet though. He is usually sort of transverse. Head at hip and butt at opposite rib.

#5 ·
Thanks mamas. I was just concerned with how very soft it is. I never checked my cervix my last pregnancy so I have nothing to draw from. And my son was "term" but showed signs of postmaturity and I was dilated for like, forever. I think 3 or 4 weeks at 3 cm.

And if anyone else wants to report on their cervixes, feel free

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyD
And if anyone else wants to report on their cervixes, feel free

I'm at almost-34 weeks, and checked my cervix at 32 weeks and last week; haven't checked in the last few days (don't really want to mess around in there too much). It's way soft- I had my midwife check it, too- she felt it was soft, but probably "normal second baby soft", and my cervix seemed long and closed still, she thought.

My DD was born at 34w2d (after rupturing membranes a few days earlier), so I'm all about being worried about this one coming early, which means I both want my cervix checked AND I don't want anyone messing around in there too much, you know?

Anyway, the point is, apparently "soft" is normal for 2nd+ pregnancies...

#7 ·
I'm not good friends with my cervix. I don't know what it feels like normally anyway! It's not that I have a mental block against touching myself- I've always used ob tampons and been familiar with the outside equipment too. But ever since I had Lula, I don't like the texture of the inside, so I spend as little time there as possible. :LOL

I did get DP to try just now, but he doesn't know what it's supposed to feel like either. So he couldn't even tell if he was touching it. He asked me to find him some pictures to give him an idea. :LOL

Sorry, ma'am, I must report that efforts to ascertain the position and activity of the cervix were unsuccessful.

#9 ·
I'm almost 33 weeks and I checked my cervix a couple days ago. It was really hard to get all the way back there to it, first of all!! :LOL It was very soft (to the point I wasn't sure what I was feeling at first!) and maybe a little bigger than usual. But the opening felt the same size as normal.

This is my second, so that could explain how soft it is.

#10 ·
Here is my question?

Picture the uterus/cervix as a funnel. The spout of my cervix is very "lippy" but I can't reach the tip as it is very far back and I have a tilted uterus anyways.

What I can feel is this very hard round situation where the cup of a funnel would be. Is this a head?

Don't you love my terminoloogy?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.