The officially overdue club... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2004, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone want to join with me? :LOL It is 12:09 and I am over my due date. I am actually somewhat at peace with being overdue now...my mw and I talked today about the fact that this is my last baby, and I may be having some issues letting go of the pregnancy...not bad issues...just the fact that it is bittersweet...she said she has had mamas who knew it was the last babe, and they went late, and their labors were actually longer than past experiences and everything, and she really believes we have such strong emotional ties that it can affect when we go into labor...I am tending to believe her. LOL Also my dd1 was 4 days "late", while both my sons were early, so maybe I just cook my girls a bit longer?

Anyone want to chimein with how they are handling being "overdue"? Are you fine with it, or ready to be done? Oh, and for the record...I think I have been really fickle on my feelings so far about wanting to be done or not. :LOL Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!

Physical stuff...I had the mw check me today(my first internal exam the pregnancy), and she said I am 1-2 cm and very stretchy(said if she could reach better than could probably stretch me to about a 4 or so). She also said the baby's head is right down in there...which would explain why it feels like I am sitting on a head. :LOL My back is hurting so bad, and I think the main reason I go back and forth on being "ready" for the baby to be out. I can barely walk these days...even during the day now(usually was much worse at night). I am going to try taking arnica to see if it helps, but that and the heartburn are my two main complaints...everything else is pretty great. I also think the exam helped me to start to loose some of my mucous plug...I really am getting excited to meet this baby girl.
Debi

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2004, 11:51 AM

I'm overdue now, too (since you and I were due the same day, lol). I'm surprised cause I really did think I would be early. I'm trying not to be cranky or impatient, but whenever I think on it too much I fail, lol. I think that since today is Saturday (thank goodness!) I will take some walks with ds & dh.

If I'm still preggo on Monday (grrrr!) my midwife will check me -- she's coming to me, too. That's good because I am getting really uncomfortable. I pulled a muscle between my legs several months ago, and it has varied between feeling totally healed and hurting. It's hurting lately & I really don't think I've been overdoing; I think it's because my muscles are so flexable right now. I'm thinking I'm going to send dh to the grocery store because I don't want to walk that much. That kinda sucks though, cause 1. dh will have a hard time finding the right stuff & probably miss 1/2 of what's on my list, and 2. it's a wonderful time for me without dh or ds out of the house & I usually really enjoy it...

Hmmm... that was a post about nothing, huh... :LOL

Get ready Debi, we'll get there!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I'm officially in, but too grumpy right this minute to say anything intelligible. I'm a week late, 41 weeks today. Will post more later when I'm not in this foul mood....

Old 12-11-2004, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Now I feel bad for posting this thread(well sort of... ) My water broke this morning(like 15 minutes ago), and I will be holding my baby sometime today!! On the down side. My dd1 just woke up and was throwing up, so I have a sick kiddo on my hands too. Debi
Good luck mamas!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 12-11-2004, 01:50 PM

mamamoo ! Lucky, lucky you!

I am officially 9 days overdue. The MW checked me out on Thurs, and although I am soft, I am not dilated or thinned out at all. I don't feel like I am going to go into labor on my own...this is baby #3 and I know what I should be feeling like now. I have been doing all the things on the list to get things going....nada...

It looks likely that I will be getting induced either today or tomorrow. I am at peace with that though. So, here I sit waiting for the MW to call me from the hospital to let me know when to go in, they had a rush of babies at the birth center in the hospital, and they are going to call when things are a bit more calm.

Big fat hugs to you all who are over due too

Eventually, we will all have our babies!

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
Old 12-11-2004, 03:17 PM

Go Debi, GO!
Old 12-11-2004, 03:40 PM

yeah debi!!!! Easy calming labor vibes to you!!!!

All you overdue mamas ... you are goddesses for being so patient
Old 12-12-2004, 05:31 AM

Patient?! Who's being patient?! :LOL

I hope mamamoo is doing well -- and I hope to join her...someday...

Ah well, I made a couple diaper covers & a dress up skirt w/ hankie & cape w/ mask for my ds(s), niece & nephew... Of course it's now 2:30 am and I'm going to be tired again tomorrow. Hmmmm... maybe I'd go into labor if I was more well rested??

Good luck ladies, hopefully not only Debi is in labor tonight!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies...our sweet baby girl is here! She was born around 6:00 pm in the birthing tub at home, and weighed 7lbs 10 oz. Not sure on any other stats, and we haven't chosen a name for her yet. LOL She has been nursing like a pro(I think she was sucking her fingers in uetro though because ALL she wants to do is suck...if she's not sucking on something she is crying. LOL I will post more about her birth and pics later. hope everyone else gets to meet there little ones soon!!!
debi

Old 12-12-2004, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Very warm congratulations to you! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

:

Old 12-12-2004, 10:45 AM

I'm overdue... I was due on the 1st, so that makes me, what 11 days overdue? Emotional rollercoaster is right - I have good days and bad days. At my appointment on Friday my cervix had made no progress and the midwife gave me orders to stop trying so many "natural" induction techniques. It's my first baby, and she prescribed the "tincture of time". I'm a little freaked out though, because if I don't have the baby by next Sunday they are going to force me to induce. We've got one week.

My attitude now is that baby just needs more time to bake - no one knows why... I'm being taught some good lessons in patience.

The blessing is that I am still having an "easy" pregnancy. I have my complaints (who doesn't at 41+ weeks?) but nothing major is bothering me. I also have a very sweet DH, and two nice kitties who keep me company during the day... I know I will have my baby by Christmas
Old 12-12-2004, 12:13 PM

Hang in there, gizzyntaz! Sounds like you have a very caring midwife! And laid back! In Florida, they aren't allowed to deliver you after 2 weeks over at home. Grrr. Ah well.

Debi!! That sounds wonderful -- born in water. Awwwww... Can't wait to hear the entire birth story! My ds was a crazy nurser, too -- he would latch on & stay on for HOURS...
Old 12-13-2004, 12:11 PM

We're still here, too - at 41 weeks now. I've come to terms with this baby taking his time, but now I'm starting to worry for another reason: my Dr. will be on vacation starting Friday, and while I don't want to induce, I also don't want to wait an extra week for him to come back (making me 43 weeks at the earliest.) At his practice all the Dr.'s (3 of them) deliver all their own babies, so if he's not in town I'll end up delivering with someone I've never met! My dd was born this way, induced while "my" Dr. was on vacation - I have the worst OB timing, I guess! Hopefully he'll come this week, and I have my next appointment tomorrow and I'm worried the Dr. will start to talk about induction, etc. We'll see I guess!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:02 PM

Ouch, that's a pain, Heidi! My midwife has taken to calling me whenever she is going to be more than 45 minutes to an hour away from, me. :LOL I had my appt. with her yesterday (she came here ) and she was pretty optimistic. She also corrected me -- there is no 42 week cut-off! Yaaayy! Although if I'm still on Christmas Eve (my 42 wks), I will probably be insane! :LOL

I had some crampy contrax in the middle of the night last night, after a couple doses of the tincture she gave me & *ahem* some "assistance" from dh. I haven't noticed any since then, but I am starting to get a little crampy again (never thought I'd be happy about that!). :LOL

Well, I'm off to get something done!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:56 PM

may i join too? not that i dont wish my baby was here right now i am only one day over due, but at my appt yesterday, my mw said they will give me till the middle of next week. then they will probably have me come in and take cytotec. i dont know much about it, but will try to educate myself today.

i was really hoping to go into labor all on my own, but from the looks of things, my cervix doesnt seem to want to ripen. things have been the same down there for the past 3 visits. my lower back aches at night and i may get an occasional crampy feeling, but no real contractions or anything substantial.

42 weeks post-date is my mw's limit. lets hope that none of us have to be induced!!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:09 PM

Well, a little bloody show this morning and some really strong contractions so far (although still very far apart!) I'm hoping this happens today or tomorrow, as I know I'll tire out pretty quickly. I have an appt. today at 5 with the Dr., so hopefully something exciting will come of this!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:16 PM

NeKisha! Cytotec is BAD BAD BAD stuff! The drug was not created to be used on pregnant women, & the makers say NOT to use it on preggo women. They refuse to study the effects as the informal studies that have been released have shown BAD results! Here is one of the many threads about it: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=cytotec If you have to be induced, ask for Pitocin -- it is at least made for the purpose. I would look into natural & herbal methods first, though. Good luck!!

Heidi, good luck!!
Old 12-15-2004, 12:42 PM

Hope I didn't flip you out, NeKisha -- I just have heard so much bad about it I wanted to make sure you were educated on it, kwim? Good luck in any case!

As for me, I woke up with the crampy contrax & I've been having them for an hour or so now! Yaaay! We'll see, but I'm optimistic. I'm only 5 days over, so I shouldn't be complaining too much even if this isn't "it," but, well... I will anyway! :LOL

Hopefully someone else is joining me at this very moment!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck mama!! I hope this is it! Sending smooth labor vibes your way!
Debi

Old 12-15-2004, 06:42 PM

Oh, you all are making me so jealous - with your contractions & bloody show... Good luck mommas! I just continue to wait. Today I am officially 2 weeks overdue. I had to have another biophysical profile done this morning and the baby is healthy as can be. Unfortunately I am really up against the clock now. They have scheduled my induction : for Sunday night... I really never thought it would come to this (and it still may not).
Old 12-15-2004, 08:15 PM

Crossin' my fingers for ya, gizzyntaz -- I'm still goin' with the contrax -- looks like I'll be here for quite a while, but I don't think it will stop.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:14 PM

Ok well I am now officially overdue - anyone else???? I have been feeling LOTS of pressure and LOTS of BH contratctions but nothing that seems like labor. I am thinking that I will go 3-5 days past due....so we shall she! I actually feel really GOOD and am not anxious at all, so maybe I will be able to get some last minute things done.

Grace - photographer, wife and mom to 4 great kids (Ethan 5.00, Ainsley 4.02, Owen 12.04, and Ellis Ann 10.07) :

User Tag List