Weekly Thread Dec. 13-19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just getting it going, cause I'm here!

No real news here at 41 + 2 days..... Wishing to join those in labor and having babies!!!

#2 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is this compleltey unconcievable idea that i will ever "Go" into labor. I think the previous inductions and all the prodromal/fasle labor have dtroyed my confidence.

I mowed our yard yestrerday in an attempt to encourage things along. I have been contracting all night and still this morning but they are pain-free so I don't know what to think. I am just starting to time them know. You would think after having two babies I would know what to expect.... But with pitocin your contractions start out hard and stay hard. This is just my belly getting really hard and tightening in my back. Ofcourse he is so big that it is impossible to tell at first if it is a contraction or just his huge hiney that is hard.
#3 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 01:22 PM

MommyAmanda, LOL about his huge hiney! :LOL I have to stop and think sometimes too, if he is stretching or if it's a contraction. It's usually a contraction, though! If you're feeling something in your back, that sounds promising to me... Good luck!!!

Lauren, I can tell your overdue-ness is getting to you.

And carrying over from last week's thread, go Shalena! I never thought we'd hear you making it this far, with everything you had to go through. Hooray for letting that baby cook this long!
#4 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 01:50 PM

Know how you feel, Amanda. I just had an appt. w/ my mw, and we talked about things that would help. She gave me a tincture & encouraged me to be active. She also said "the way they get started is the best way to get them out." So even though it's kinda uncomfortable to find a good position we will be more "active" that way too, lol.

Keep up the activity -- and TRY to relax mentally (telling myself this too, lol).

#5 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Amanda, that's exactly how my contractions feel. Sometimes they start with a baby-hiney stretch, but then take on a life of their own! I'm feeling a little more discomfort with them today, and I had some bleeding this a.m. (like a light period), which is at least the first physical, outside my body sign I have had. With my last baby, this happened a full four days before she was born, so I'm not gettng my hopes too high up here.

We postponed our non-stress test until tomorrow, because it is snowing and we have to go over a mountain pass to get to the birth center.

Cinnamonamon, I applaud you for all the dh-assisted preparation For us it is just so uncomfortable and with my hip and pelvic pain a virtual impossibility! Go for it though!

#6 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 02:26 PM

Wishing Shalena all the best...sounds good for her...

So I have had loose bowels yesterday afternoon/evening and this morning. This happened in the two days or so before labor for both my first two. But I'm currently hoping that I don't deliver for another week and a half, AT LEAST, because of how sick my kids are. So I'm hoping this is just something I ate or something. As much as I like my DH's aunt, I really don't want to follow her and her baby into the NICU (her 3mo was hospitalized for this same virus, is still there actually). Please if you have advice or experience regarding RSV, come here. I've gotten some good advice already but every bit of information helps, really.

Sooo...I had declined the GBS test, which wasn't going to be a problem (my MW even said that at the hospital we'd go to for a non-emergency transfer, they don't treat a declined test as a positive, which is great)...except now if the baby catches whatever my kids have and we have to go in, the hospital will assume that the baby has group B strep and has gone septic, and will do the full-on treatment without waiting for test results - which is just awful. Which is why I found myself fishing garlic out of my yoni this morning and hoping to not deliver at the very least until Thursday, when I'll be finished with my garlic-and-yogurt routine and can hopefully get a negative GBS test result.

I'm feeling really backwards right now - I thought at this point I'd be eagerly awaiting labor - and here I am hoping it is a ways off yet. In fact, until just a couple of days ago I was hoping that the contractions I was feeling were helping ripen things up, and now I'm practicing closing-up visualization and self-hypnosis, trying to prolong the process, hoping not to deliver until my house and family are a safe place for a new baby.

This really sucks.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#7 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 02:29 PM

:LOL Lauren, It's uncomfortable here too, but thank goodness I don't have the hip/pelvic pain right now or I wouldn't be nearly so optimistic! Mostly I'm just not all that interested but hey, I'll make more effort for the babe's sake. We've been down to about once a week for a while -- poor dh, considering the 6ish week dry spell he's about to endure! :LOL
#8 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 02:31 PM

s niki!! I'll send you all my non-labor starting vibes!
#9 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 03:12 PM

Well I made bannana bread.....aren't you supposed to bake something when you think labor may be starting? LOL!

NIki, my kids have a cold right now too. Alaina has pretty bad asthma so I am just praying it peters out.

I too am having loose bowels (the things we talk about). NO need for an enema here! What does castol oil do to you if you are pretty cleaned out?

Still contracting, but no pain. I may take a walk but it is actually cold here today!

Edited to add:

I don't think this is anyhting real. I did a little search and everything said that I should be feeling them lower if they are real. And I still am not having nay kind of show. I think I'll go take anap!
#10 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 03:40 PM

Good luck, & enjoy your nap -- I tried to cajole my son into one & he said "no, mama" in a chastising tone, lol. I forgot about the cold aspect of being outside...I think it's supposed to get down to a high of 70ish this week here... hehe -- I guess I can enjoy some aspects of Florida! :LOL
#11 of 48 Old 12-13-2004, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj
Which is why I found myself fishing garlic out of my yoni this morning
:LOL and

I don't know much about RSV, but best of luck with that! If it helps, you and I are due on the same day and I don't feel like he's coming anytime soon... maybe yours won't either.
#12 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 12:42 PM

More babies keep coming....AND THEY AREN"T MINE!

I have an appointment this afternoon and if my cervix is reachable she will strip my membranes. Everyone in my house is cranky and sniffly and I feel bad becuase I know my sttitude is playing a huge part.

Has anyone noticed that they suddenly have to struggle to pick up their toddler? She feels like she has gained 10 pounds but DH assures meit is just me.
#13 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 01:09 PM

i am awefully sick. i woke up last night feeling very congested and with a very sore throat. i think that i might have a sinus infection and am going to call my mw to see what i can take.

id hate to have this baby around me being sick, and feeling miserable myself trying to cope with baby while being sick.

i am still only a cent. dialated and 50 % effaced. i want to walk but its freezing outside (thats maine) and i feel like crap. i am trying but i dont feel like going far. baby does this funny thing though. at night, after i calm down for the day and sit on the couch, the baby will shift entirely over to one side. its completely visable, turning my belly lopsided and almost a triangle when looking down from the top. its funny and very uncomfortable.

i will miss feeling baby inside and am flip-flopping over how i feel about going this long in my pregnancy. i am more than overjoyed to know that i will see my baby soon, but am aprehensive about all the responsiblities that are going to be handed to me the minute the baby is laid on my chest.
#14 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 01:18 PM

Hi everyone!!

I'm still on the waiting list. Feeling very impatient, too. On the other hand, I had a momentary lapse of thought on Friday evening and lounged back on the couch. In the three or four minutes that I was like that, the baby went, Whhhuup....posterior. I'm really not happy about that. I spent an hour last night on my hands and knees, doing rocks, crawling, arching, you name it. The babe seems to be VERY busy, more so than it had been, perhaps trying to get righted?? I feel butt/back occasionally, but mostly it's in the wrong position. I'm just hopeful that it's still head down at least, but I'm not totally sure. This whole thing has me stressed. DH is doing a great job at reading up on how to spin babies and keeps reminding me of things to do. Heck, he even crawled around with me last night....like from the living room to the kitchen when the dinner buzzer went off....it was really funny. Thank heavens I have ferrets and a kitten to play with while I'm down there. Too bad my shoulders can't really take it after I injured them last year. Oh well. Anything to turn this little one.

Think good thoughts for me, please....I know it's not a REAL big deal, but I'm worried.

Come on, Babies....time to make your entrances...we're all dying to meet you!!!

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#15 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 01:28 PM

NeKisha, just to put your mind at ease a bit, my mw isn't worried at all that I'm "overdue." Remember, "full term" technically is between 38 & 42 weeks -- NOT 40 weeks exactly. I am not dialated at all -- I have "a dimple" and am 50% effaced. Stuff IS happening down there -- if you have a cold coming on, baby will be best inside, so maybe that's why (s)he is still there, kwim?

When you are on the couch, try to stay upright (don't lean back) or lay on your left side -- this will encourage optimal positioning of the baby for birth. Drink lots of hot tea to help your throat -- I like my pregnancy tea, or some red raspberry leaf tea -- those are good for preparing your body for labor. Have you looked into the use of evening primrose oil? That helps prepare/soften your uterus/cervix as well. Lurk on some of the other pregnancy boards around here for an hour or so & read -- there's so many things you can do to encourage baby, kwim?

Now I'm done being pushy, :LOL and I'll say -- I am SOOOO with you! I am BIG and SORE and TIRED...I keep getting those poking straight down into my cervix pains, or cramps, or, or, or...I just want to lay on the couch all day & sleep. Of course that isn't conducive to encouraging labor, nor does my 22 month old like it! I haven't even showered yet. If I didn't know how much better I would feel I wouldn't be able to get up the umpfh to make myself do it, either.

Ah well, I am going to shower, then put another pair of sweatpants on (since that's all that fits), and maybe a bra too, then have some tea while I empty our bookshelf off (we just completely finished it last night!) so I can take a picture of the finished product, then I'm going to load it back up all nice & neat. That should bring on some contractions, and maybe I'll take a walk (thank God I'm in Florida, so this is actually a pleasant experience) to keep them going.

Hmmm..the wiggles are coming on, so I will have 20 minutes w/o my ds bugging me, lol!
#16 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 02:53 PM

My poor, poor DS is sooooo sick. He is throwing up everything, which isn't a symptom of RSV (that I know of) but the cause of the barfing seems to be that he's coughing, he's always had a really sensitive gag reflex. So now he refuses to eat anything. For the last two days. I thought I'd won a victory when I got him to eat a banana last night, but he threw it up in bed . And he started complaining last night that his ears/head hurt when he coughs. I tried to get him to drink some tea, but no dice.

At least I seem to have successfully stopped myself from labor. I haven't had even a b/h contraction in the past 24 hours, which is pretty remarkable (they were pretty regular before) but I've been trying real hard to convince my body to keep the baby in another week or so at least. Baby may want out, though - high activity level, lots of pushing and shoving. At least the positioning is good despite quite a few hours on the couch with DS and DD over the last couple of days.

We tried to go out yesterday to get some things for DS (some things we wanted to help him get over this faster) but taking him out really took him over the edge and his fever came on full-force, he got all glassy-eyed and achey, etc, etc, while at home he had been looking tired and coughing but closer to normal. We ended up carrying him around in a blanket while I rushed around trying to get the essentials (as long as we were out). It is funny how he suddenly seemed smaller when he really needed carrying/cuddling like that.

I haven't been able to sleep well the last several nights. I sleep more soundly when the kids are in their own beds, and they have lately been spending almost all night in their own beds, and suddenly DS is not just next to me, but burning a fever, coughing, crying, flailing around, etc. and I need to get up to use the restroom every couple hours...I woke up feeling really flat this morning. I'm trying pretty hard to keep myself healthy and get rid of whatever symptoms I do have (minor ones, this would be typical of RSV - little/no impact on adults, more and more impact as kids get younger). And still doing obscene things with garlic and hoping for the best.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#17 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 03:14 PM

Nikirj - I hope your son is feeling better soon. I had my DD home sick last week but it only lasted a day and may have been food poisoning.

Congrats to all who have birthed and are holding their little ones.
I have the feeling I will be here a bit, not much in the ctx area and just sore and achey down below. I need to drink more rrl tea and get the epo going as a suppository to get the cervix ready. We finished up our childbrith refresher last night so we are ready to go.

My OB last week just listened and measured so I have no idea if I am progressing much. He may check on friday since I will be less than a week from my EDD. He is very hands off and will let me go quite a while after my EDD before recommending an induction. Since I'm doing a VBAC this is very encouraging!

DD is at pre-school this morning. I get a break 3 mornings a week until the 23rd, then she is home for 2 weeks. I am still getting things ready and trying to get the Christmas shopping finished. Then I can take a nice walk on the beach if the weather keeps holding, I may take DD this afternoon if the sun is out. She likes to run! and I can follow her at a walk...

Take care all
#18 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 06:24 PM

Niki, so sorry to hear about your poor ds.

How do you know if your baby is "posterior" or what? Mine has been head down for months now it seems (my dr. tells me so) and I feel his butt on one side or the other and feet on the opposite side of that. Then sometimes I can feel little hands down there punching my bladder (or some organs way down low).
#19 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 08:10 PM

Ok, here comes some ranting from me...

I have been feeling sooooo tired, cranky and uncomfortable for the past two days I can hardly stand myself. After reading some other posts, I am so thankful that I am not sick on top of it, or have sick kids! I don't know how you mamas are doing it!

My finger tips are numb from carpal tunnel, my hips are killing me and I'm just feeling like a crank. Usually I can keep doing things to occupy myself so that I don't feel so sorry for myself, however my body is not cooperating these days. This is my first pregnancy and totally new territory, so I can't tell what's what with myself these days!!! UGH!

I get online every hour or so just to read other peoples posts so I don't feel like such a loser!!!

I think I've been having contractions, but can't really tell and am trying not to ruminate since I have no control over when this baby is coming anyway!!

Ok. Thanks for letting me vent!
#20 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My midwife wanted me to visit the OB who is his backup (will assist w/delivery if there are complications) just so he feels familiar w/my pregnancy. It happens that this is the same doctor we saw when we'd been TTC so long that we were ready to consider some treatment...got as far as semen analysis and HSG, and then we conceived naturally! OB was very happy for me and pleased to see my pregnancy progressing so well. The only thing that bugged me was that he went on about how "good" I am because I've gained only 22 pounds.

I'm surprised at how energetic I feel these days--better than in most earlier phases of my pregnancy! Pelvic pain is bothering me, esp. during the night and for an hour or so after getting up, and the heaviness and stretchedness of my tummy bother me at times...but I'm able to do a LOT of stuff in a day before I get worn out. My goal now is to stop pushing myself to the point that I do wear out every day; I need to store up energy for the birth.

Still feeling like I'm going to go full-term or a little over, and that theory is supported by Saturday's exam: Midwife says I am "ripening" but not dilated yet. (OB didn't do an internal.) Baby has been head-down for 2 months, but it's posterior. I'm doing some rocking on hands and knees but trying not to stress about it yet; probably there's plenty of time for it to turn, and I love being able to see those impressive kicks!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#21 of 48 Old 12-14-2004, 11:23 PM

Jenelle, I'm no expert, but I believe that the optimal positioning is for baby's butt to be on your upper left side and his feet kicking you most often in about the middle of your right side. My midwife suggests lots of hands & knees, not leaning back & laying on left side as opposed to right side whenever possible.

I'm feeling a bit better this evening, I think that it's just that I'm so sore in the mornings, and dwelling on all the sleep I DIDN'T get, kwim? I managed to get everything on my "list" done, except I didn't take a walk, & I couldn't talk myself into a bra :LOL so I settled on a tank top w/ a bra-lette thingie. My girlfriend came over, though, so I tidied my house before that, and she brought her serger over, so I've been serging my new cloth tp and the rest of my mama pads...my dh thinks I've gone around the bend. :LOL I'm also going to make a couple pair of those fleece shorts/underwear for wearing with pads post partum (don't know if that was discussed here or on another thread...).

Anywho, back to serging (ooohhh... it's sooooo fast! ) while I'm in the mood. Hope everyone is feeling better this evening & that SOMEONE is in labor since I'm not!
#22 of 48 Old 12-15-2004, 10:41 PM

First of all to everyone who is sick or has sick kids I hope everyone is better soon.

To everyone who has had babies that I might not have congratulated congratulations

Well, I am on maternity leave but i am at work. My bosses father fell off of his roof and I offered to come in tonight and stay with the kids so she could be with him in the hospital. It gives me a little break from my sister, her kids, and my DH. It is also so good to snuggle up to the kids I watch.

I am extremley uncomfortable and depressed. I have been waking up every night at 3:30 and laying in bed untill 5:30. Everyday that I wake up still pregnant I allow myself to cry into DH's chest for five minutes then I force myself to buck up and let it go. It sounds crazy but I don't think I am ever going to have this baby. I will be the only women still here and I will be the only women in the history of the world to carry her baby forever . I just can not even beleive I still have three days untill my due date and even that is just an arbitrary number. I am so cranky and moody and I just want to cry all the time. I feel so irrational. I will actually say to myself "Emily you will never go into labor so just stop thinking about it". Urgh! PLus I want people to stop guessing when I'll have the baby, stop saying oh your due date doesn't mean anything, or you look you are about to pop ( I really hate that expression). Yesterday at lunch my Mom informed me i could technically be pregnant for over 18 more days! My eyes actually welled up with tears and I just said what is wrong with you? I am so sorry for the rant but man it feels good to let it out to you guys.

To anyone actually over due my deepest sympathys and strongest wishes for labor!

Mom to Iris and Henry
#23 of 48 Old 12-15-2004, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. But...my DS now has pneumonia, a double ear infection, and is absolutely miserable. Thereby making me absolutely miserable. And totally worried still. He's not acting at all like himself, really, he isn't doing ANYTHING, isn't wanting to eat, doesn't particularly want to drink, has to be forced to take medicine. At least the doctor we saw today - someone we'd never seen before - was really good with him. That visit could have been really scary, especially with the chest x-ray and all.

DD has recovered. She went back to school today. DH took her there, I forgot about the logistics-problem to ensue and ended up slinging almost-40-lb DS on my back (which was surprisingly comfortable...) and walking to pick her up from school (DS just didn't have it in him to walk, even though it's only half a mile or so, which is nothing for him).

Oh! And further fun today! Our car has funky locks that sometimes don't work right (takes several tries to unlock the car) and sometimes lock spontaneously - well, I opened my door, threw my bag in the car, opened DS's door, closed mine...and the car locked. So yes, I ended up crawling my big 'ole pregnant self over the seats into the driver's seat (once I could reach the power locks, I figured I might as well just seat myself). We don't have an SUV or some hugemongous truck - we've got an 'elderly' Maxima, very little space. It was quite the trick. If anyone was watching, it must have been quite a show.

Ooooh, and I got a call today from my midwife saying she was doing a house visit really close to me tomorrow - like just over a mile away - and wanted to know if I minded moving our appointment to my house. Which would normally be wonderful, except that after nearly 2 weeks of sick kids and about 4 days of really-sick-needs-constant-attention DS, the house is in RUINS! I mean, DANG, she saw it last week how it usually is, which was bad enough, but this is ridiculous right now.

#24 of 48 Old 12-16-2004, 12:16 AM

My c/s is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. At first I was disappointed to have another c/s, but I'm not now. I really researched and talked to my doctor and he is doing everything possible to make it a good birth experience and not just a surgical procedure. (His wife had 5 c/s so he's been on the other side)

He even went so far as to say that if I went into labor when he wasn't on call, he'd come in to do the c/s so I could have what I wanted.

I'm going to have the separation of my abdominal muscles repaired during the c/s. I'm pretty excited about that! I hope it helps with my posture and back pain.

Well, off to finish packing and getting ready.......
#25 of 48 Old 12-16-2004, 03:02 AM

Hi ladies

Julian is doing great and seems to be thriving. I am so lucky to have a baby with such good nursing habits, his latch is usually perfect. My milk came in today, so I am dealing with a little soreness. I got out of the shower earlier and leaned over and it was like I turned the tap for my breasts on. Milk started pouring out onto the floor. :LOL I wasn't expecting that!

I'm doing well, and am feeling pretty good. My pelvic floor is sore as I'm dealing with a tear but I assume within the next few days most of the pain will be gone.

Julian sleeps pretty well, so far usually in the early evening for a few hours and then again from around 4:30-10 or later.
I don't really have much to say I just wanted to check in. Congrats to all you mommas with new babes!

Julian is hungry, so off I go.
#26 of 48 Old 12-16-2004, 03:50 AM

Hey ladies:

This labor thing is HARD! Um, I know -- duh, but wow. Please nobody remind me it's going to get worse, k? I've been up since 7:30am and am getting pretty tired, but when I lay down the contractions are REALLY painful, & I don't usually get enough warning to move right beforehand. So I thought I'd come visit you all and say hi.

I can't believe I'm going to have a tiny baby soon! Hugs to you all -- and especially you, Niki -- I'm so sorry your ds is going through all that!
#27 of 48 Old 12-16-2004, 01:18 PM

Carolynn
I hope you're holding your baby by now!!!
#28 of 48 Old 12-16-2004, 01:52 PM

I'm soooo excited for all of you with babies or in labor....and feeling so sorry for myself, like nannymom. DH and I feel like the baby's never going to come. I'm so ready for it and can't bear the thought of being pregnant for the normal 40 wks and 8 days for the first baby. I wanna go into labor NOWWWWWWWW!!!!......Wah...........

(okay...current pitiful attempt over.)

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#29 of 48 Old 12-16-2004, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am doing well, except that I lost my pants!!! : I am down to 2 pairs that fit (that don't have to be pushed so far down in front that they feel like they'll fall off at any second) and the navy ones, the nicer-looking ones, have vanished! They are not on the shelf where pants go. They are not in any of the laundry bags, which I fully emptied and strewed across the floor to make sure. They are not in the washing machine. They are not on the clothesline. They are not on the bedroom floor. :

Now I will have to wear purple pants for the entire rest of my pregnancy, except for the occasional day when I wash the purple pants and wear uncomfortable pants. (It is too cold for dresses here.) While this may help me visualize myself as a healthy eggplant, it's going to be annoying.

Oh, and my new waterproof bed pad fell apart when pre-washed (see thread under Family Bed) :, and last night I realized just how far from a nice nest our nursery is at this point--we have GOT to move the furniture this weekend! But the fact that these things are not sending me into sobbing despair must mean that my time is not yet near.

Nannymom and Jaclyn, it sounds like you will get there before I do!
Nikirj, I hope your baby hangs in there until your son is feeling better!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#30 of 48 Old 12-17-2004, 06:02 PM

I just got on the site and see how many people have posted about having their babies - congrats to all!!!

I have been having so many computer problems lately, that I've hardly been able to get on and then when I do it is so slow that I can't reply to anything. : So while my computer is actually having a somewhat-good moment I wanted to post on this thread first!

I feel like there's so many things I've wanted to say over the last several days but now that I have the chance I've forgotten them!

Today I had a dr. appt. and I am still 1 cm. and "very soft". So... whatever that means (it actually means nothing at all, we know). I was in a foul mood leaving there because I was hoping for something closer to "OMG you're about to go into labor"... but I've decided now to just enjoy each day I have before the beautiful chaos comes. I don't want to be a total crank with my son each day - just because I can't wait to meet our new son - because we all know when the new one comes the older one is going to have enough of a transition to make. *sigh.*

Niki, sounds like you're really going through a lot.

Shalena, so glad to hear that things are going smoothly after all you had to go through to get to this point!

Envirobecca, I am with you on the wardrobe problems. I have ONE pair of "comfy" pants to wear around the house/to bed. I have TWO nightgowns that are comfortable, but one of them is a summer one so I freeze my a$$ off in it and the other one is a plaid flannel that really makes me look like an old woman. I've outgrown my cutest shirts - they're too short/tight. Jeans are either horribly uncomfortable or the low-rise ones that I have to "hike up" all day long.

On a good note, I have my Christmas shopping & wrapping all done, and packages mailed to the various relatives around the country. What a load off my mind... now I can go clean all the wrapping paper, bows, etc. off my dining room table and maybe we can actually eat at it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page