The morning sickness thread :Puke :Puke :Puke - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 06-12-2004, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And so it begins (again). I have felt rotten all morning. Got up from my nap and started gagging and dry heaving in the kitchen sink as soon as I looked in the fridge. I have a bad cold and can't smell otherwise it might be worse! I need to completely empty all leftovers and weird stuff out of my fridge when I am feeling better so I don't have to look in there again. Plus, once something has made you gag once, it seems to do it more easily in the future! Aaarggh. I know way to much about this to be doing it again! I am the vomit pro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 06-12-2004, 11:57 PM

I can relate to the gagging and dry heaving. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel sick most of the day. I feel better when I eat........ fruit helps!!
#33 of 33 Old 06-14-2004, 11:51 PM

I haven't posted in at least a week b/c I've been feeling so rotten -- all-day nausea-up-to-the-gills and bone-weariness resulting in a complete inability to get out of bed and deal with life plus a nasty cycle of knowing I need to eat but being so disgusted by all food that I could barely stand to put anything in my mouth -- but I'm doing much better because my midwife got me started on a combination of vitamin B6 (25-50 mg 2x a day) and a half-Unisom (1x at night).

I had tried B6 with my last pg, and it didn't help. This time, though, it made a dent in the nausea. But I was still pretty incapacitated so even though I'd been leery of any drugs, even an over-the-counter suggested by a very experienced mw-nurse, I wouldn't touch it until I had my dad, who's a doctor, research it. He said it looked very well-studied and very safe so I started last night, and today has been the best day in three weeks! The morning was still very rough. I felt sluggish and exhausted, but by mid-morning I felt almost human, and by afternoon I felt myself. Instead of sticking my daughter in front of a video, we danced and played! I am so happy! I still have to eat a little every hour but no vomiting and mch more energy.

So if any of you are also having really severe m/s, not life-threatening but incapacitating, talk to your mw or doc or whatever...Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page