June 13 - 19 thread... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 06-14-2004, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I'd get us kick-started this week

I'm still feeling a bit nauseated from time to time if I don't eat, but all in all not too bad. I think because of the work involved with the move it's hard to remember sometimes that I'm pregnant. I'm looking forward to things settling down a bit.

Hope everyone's having a good week so far!
#2 of 21 Old 06-14-2004, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi.

i have one or two "good" days where i have energy and don't feel sick, but it is always followed by one or two days where i feel super nauseous and lazy and tired.

i have almost totally given up caffeine, which i did not do with ds2 and ds3. it makes it hard to tell pregnancy symptoms from withdrawal....

my nipples are sore now and little nursling is not giving up for a LONG time.
i always tandem nurse for about five months. we'll see.

i am anxious for week 13 or so when some of the energy comes back.
#3 of 21 Old 06-14-2004, 10:29 PM

Aloha,
I'm also having like 2 or 3 icky nausea days and then a few better ones.

I don't know about you all, but I am seriously waiting for the glowy second trimester where you feel GOOD.... I'm tired of feeling just OK.

Other than that I'm just warding off comments from others. I have 2 boys and so they are all insistent that i MUST have a girl- like I have any choice in the matter at this point. They also are all sure that we "tried" for the girl. ugh. We'll love our baby no matter what lies between its legs! (can you tell I'm a little irritable!)
#4 of 21 Old 06-14-2004, 10:38 PM

Hi All!

Just reached 11 weeks. Little to no nausea, but I am having some serious issues with eating and especially chicken. Nothing sounds good to me, especially chicken. I have only had 1 or 2 true bouts of morning sickness and the most recent involved chinese house special chicken. Needless to say, I am NOT eat the leftovers. I have definatley kicked into nesting though. I redid our garage this weekend to get it organized and now I want to paint the nursery. I want to use lilac or sage green. guess I will have to wait and see what the gender is.

I am anxious to hear the heartbeat though. Have to wait for 2 more weeks for that since dear OB wanted me to come back at 13 weeks to ensure that we could hear it.

Here's to a good week.

Nicole
#5 of 21 Old 06-14-2004, 10:38 PM

Thanks slygirl!
Feeling ok, minus the random having to puke after I eat something I craved....ugh. Granted, the things I crave aren't things I'd normally eat, which may have something to do with it...:LOL
I am SOOOO emotional! The State Farm comercial with the guy that has 4 daughters :sob And, tonite dh was late coming home b/c he stopped at Hom Depot, and I was crying at the thought that something happened to him, as ds was asking for his daddy...oh, did I mention I was irrational too? Doh.
This is SO OT, but when I posted it in the 'right' place, no one helped me. I want to put links in my sig, like people link to journals, charts, pics, etc. Can someone help me? You can post it or pm me. I would be so happy! TIA
#6 of 21 Old 06-14-2004, 11:53 PM

Oh, Tofumama... "We live where you live"
I love that commercial. All of those cute little girls with the curly hair. And all of them look just like their parents.

Let's see...I'm 8.5 weeks and there are days where I don't notice any nausea and days when I do. It's off and on. My nipples are on fire for the first few seconds that dd nurses on them. Other than that, I'm feeling ok.

I'm anxiously waiting for next monday when I go in for my second prenatal visit and get to have an ultrasound. I hope everything is fine.
#7 of 21 Old 06-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Hi all,

I was fine over the weekend - no nauseau and was able to eat lots of good veggies and protein. As soon as I'm back at work though, the nauseau kicks in - coincidence???

First official midwife visit is on Monday. I'll be 11 weeks by then. Right now I'm just waiting for my brother to have his kid - then I'll feel like I can start telling everyone. I saw pics of his girlfriend and she looks fabulous!!! They are due in 12 days but are thinking the kid is ready this week. Don't know if it's wishful thinking or not

Still not showing and my boobs are only slightly tender. It's all very odd and every once in a while I forget I'm pregnant. DH is still making fun of my sense of smell - and now it is cracking him up that I am drinking chocolate milk over ice - I HATE milk, so on ice with chocolate is the only way I can force myself to drink it.
#8 of 21 Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 AM

I can't believe I'm 8.5 weeks pregnant already.

Some days I'm great but some days I'm yucky. I'm always tired though!

I haven't gained weight and I'm not showing yet. I think my waist might be starting to "thicken" a tad though it might be in my head.

Before this pregnancy, I was eating tons of fresh veggies. Now, I can't even look at them! (Although I did manage a veggie and cheese sub yesterday.) On the flip side, I can't get enough fruit, chocolate milk and potato chips. :
#9 of 21 Old 06-15-2004, 10:03 AM

Hi all.
Had my first ob appt yesterday. All is well, I do have a polyp on my cervix though. She pushed back my due date, this is like the 3rd due date change I've had. Now it's the 20th. But I'm not concerned.

Tofumama- do you still need help? I can help ya out if you need it.
#10 of 21 Old 06-15-2004, 10:15 AM

Yes, Sweetpea, that would be great!!!
#11 of 21 Old 06-15-2004, 02:57 PM

Hey everyone! I'm doing okay. Feeling better - not so sick all of the time but I am exhausted! I can't wait until I don't need a nap everyday esp. since I don't get one every day! My 1st OB appt is next monday. Tonight is the open house at the birthcenter that I am hoping to have the baby at. Hopefully I like it as much as I think I will!

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

#12 of 21 Old 06-15-2004, 03:02 PM

Hi Mamas-

I have been doing pretty well, just very exhausted.... I have had really bad insomnia lately. It has made everything harder since I am trying to work out in the morning (too tired in the afternoon) and work the rest of the day. Working out is especially important to me because I gained a lot of weight during my last pregnancy and I refuse to let it happen again (especially since I haven't lost it all!!)....But, I feel like I am fighting my body, which just wants to hold onto every bite I eat. I am really worried - I want this pregnancy to be healthier, but the fatigue and insomnia is making it really hard!

Sorry about the rant, I have just been a little frustrated. I hope you all have a great week!!
#13 of 21 Old 06-16-2004, 01:26 AM

This pregnancy has been different, or perhaps my memory is clouded. I feel nauseus most of the time. I crave anything horrible. I eat healthy food, but not now. I want high calorie, low substance foods. YUCK!!! My lower back (just above cheeks) hurts. My sister had the same thing with her pregnancy and was told it is sciatic. It hurts to pick up ds or do anything My nipples are sore. And I am tired.

However despite the tone of the previous paragraph, I am doing great. I am able to rest when ds naps (today for almost 2 hours). DH gives me lower back massages. I take the dog and ds for 3-4 mile walks in the evening. I love the idea that I am gestating and lactating. What an amazing body!!
#14 of 21 Old 06-16-2004, 02:48 PM

Well, I've been pretty sick. I don't throw up that often, but I quite frequently feel on the verge of it. I'm also worried about the baby, because I feel less pregnant this week, and it looks like my belly got smaller. But I'm really sick, so that's reassuring me.
Last night I had a dream about a miscarriage.
It was right now, b/c I was 9 weeks. It was nighttime and I felt a cramp low in my belly, and I went to the bathroom, and there was bloody mucus dripping from me. Then my body did this uncontrollable push, and my baby landed in the toilet. She was still alive, so I picked her up (it was a she). She was way more formed than she would be at 9 weeks, and much bigger. More like a 30 + week baby. Her eyes were very clear, and she looked at me questioningly. After a few minutes, she started to fade, until then I thought she might live, but she'd close her eyes and stop breathing, then come back. DH was outside chopping wood or clearing snow (??), and he came in and we just held her while she passed. The name that came to me was Elizabeth Hope. She was very alert and aware for the few moments she was alive. In the dream, I was emoitonal, but not sad, and guiltily enough, was relieved that the nausea would be over, and dd would get her milk back.

You know, in the dream, the baby I held was real, not just an indistinct baby with no qualities. And it's the same spirit/personality I dreamt was my baby last week. Last Thursday I dreamt that I gave birth in a more rural hospital in a town about an hour from here (where dh and I want to move), and I was completely unaware of the birth. I think I either had some pain drugs that knocked me out completely or I had a c-section. As I was recovering, I sat in the hospital room, facing the wall, away from the door. Dh came in, bringing me the baby (same girl, I realize now). It was hours and maybe days after the birth. I was so disconnected from it, that I didn't even want to turn around and meet my daughter. She was smiling and engaging, but I just felt withdrawn.

Thinking about these dreams makes me almost cry. Especially last night's.
So, I'm beginning to think it's a girl in there...
#15 of 21 Old 06-16-2004, 05:58 PM

Feel pretty good, tired and still randomly barfing for no reason.
Now I am in pain, b/c I aggrivated a bad disc trying to put together my son's swingset. Not a wise move on my part. I was just trying to help...now I am unable to stand erect. Its sorta funny to see.
Oh, and I can't get enough Italian Ice...YUM!
And, my midwife drama continues.....
Oh, Pam, I have alot of baby dreams too, usually only about the right sex for the child I am carrying. This time I am dreaming about both! I know its not twins So, I guess it will be a surprise!
#16 of 21 Old 06-16-2004, 06:56 PM

Ohh The Mess!!!

My house is in shambles! I know that the housework will wait, blah, blah, blah...but seriously...it is getting really bad and DH doesn't seem able to pick up enough slack to make a significant difference. There are: mountains of clean laundry (a huge undertaking to wash in the first place) piled in my dining room folded and unfolded and generally re-arranged to the point of total chaos by the kids. Dirty dishes in every room and clean dishes no one will unload in the dishwasher. Toys everywhere in heaps and scattered. Paperwork of my DH's in stacks, old mail and magazines, crumbs of food, ants, and even the occasional dirty diaper that has not been thrown away. It is bad you guys. And I just lie on the sofa thinking: "man, i hate how filthy my house is but I reallllllly cannot get up and tackle all that mess right now"

Also: the hormones! My husband asked if I bought him chips last night and I said "yes honey" and then felt such a surge of LOOOOve for him that I teared up!!!! WTF!!! I bought him chips. How is that romantic or lovey? I'm totally off my nut!

I am moderately naseous most of the time but am very grateful that I have only puked once so far!!!!!

Mar
#17 of 21 Old 06-16-2004, 07:06 PM

Hey everybody!

I'm actually feeling good this week. My morning sickness has started to fade away, although I still have a little in the early evening.

Has anyone been having problems with, er...indigestion? OMG it is soooo bad. Last night I thought my stomach would explode from all the bloating and gas. It was really uncomfortable and, of course, I just kept eating to try and get rid of that churning feeling. Ugh! I have never had this with any of my other pregnancies. I can only imagine what it will be like later on, if it is l this bad at 10 weeks!
#18 of 21 Old 06-17-2004, 06:28 PM

Hi all,
We just found out last week, in the midst of what it becoming a somewhat nightmarish housebuying experience. This one, like dd, was a total (joyful) surprise. And like dd we found out just before a milestone. We were 8 weeks away from our wedding last time. Now we're 6 weeks away from buying our first house.
I find that as long as I eat I feel fine. I picked up my script for prenatal vitamins and didn't ask why the label said take on an empty stomach. I dutifully followed directions, and now I can't even look at the bottle anymore. Now I'm convinced the pharmacist is either a sadist or a fool, and probably both. Shoulda known better, but I just bought OTC vites when I was carrying dd. It's the only thing that's made me really sick--except hunger.

Cheers to everyone!
#19 of 21 Old 06-18-2004, 06:32 AM

have not posted in a while..work is keeping me so busy these days. Will quit my job end of july and am so looking forward to it!!!

I am about 9 weeks along and feel nauseous pretty much all of the time. When I was pregnant with ds I had vertually no pregnancy symptoms..had tons of energy, but with this one its been a real stuggle. I am tired, moody and nauseous to the point that I just want to hide away....want to be left along! I am usually a rather upbeat sort of person so my dh does not quite know what to do with the new me.

Pathenia, welcome to the group! how exciting that you are buying your first house!! hope everything goes well..keep us posted..

Judith
#20 of 21 Old 06-18-2004, 09:57 AM

congrats Parthenia

I've been feeling so so tired and worn out. I want my energy back soon!!
#21 of 21 Old 06-18-2004, 04:47 PM

I had my second appt today and although we didn't hear the hb, we heard the placenta going strong! Also, I found out about not getting the vit k and eyedrops, and delayed cord cutting, and so far it seems I will get my way! Hopefully I won't have to put up a fight, but it should all work out. They can't very well administer drops or needles if we're still attached by the cord! Still considering homebirth though. I really like my doc, and she seems like the type who doesn't intervene too much. She did recommend the one 20 week u/s, and I think I'll go for it. My friends offered to fundraise to give me a homebirth, which I was very flattered by, but as dh said, it seems like there are much more worthy causes out there (like kids dying of cancer or needing surgery to save their life) than me getting to give birth at home. Our hospital is almost like a birthing centre, and my doc seems cool. But I still have the nagging in the back of my head....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page