Anyone feeling movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-20-2004, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Twice now I have felt that fluttery feeling!

I felt my daughter early -- ten weeks -- but didn't expect to feel this one at only nine weeks! I remember being nervous when I felt my daughter -- I had no idea she was just kicking away and I thought something was wrong! My mother and OB assured me that some women feel the baby much sooner than other women. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I just *love* feeling those little movements and imagining I can see inside to my happy little bean jumping around!
#2 of 10 Old 06-21-2004, 06:54 AM

I never feel mine until about 15-16 weeks, but at 10 weeks they are moving around in there so it's possible! You are lucky.
I can't wait to feel some movement and get past this yucky first trimester.
#3 of 10 Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytime
Twice now I have felt that fluttery feeling!

I felt my daughter early -- ten weeks -- but didn't expect to feel this one at only nine weeks! I remember being nervous when I felt my daughter -- I had no idea she was just kicking away and I thought something was wrong! My mother and OB assured me that some women feel the baby much sooner than other women. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I just *love* feeling those little movements and imagining I can see inside to my happy little bean jumping around!
I was so sure I felt mine at 9-10 weeks too. my midwife told me it wasnt possible and explained that it had something to do with the intestins?? dont ask me...I was just so sure it was my baby and she just had to burst my bubble!!
I still remember the 1st time I really felt him fluttering..it was at 15 weeks. I just cried like a baby. I called my hubby at work to tell him. I was so excited. I look at him now and still think of that night. He is 5 weeks now.
#4 of 10 Old 06-21-2004, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Angela, it is possible to feel your baby early! I've had two different doctors tell me this and I know that's what I was feeling. Each woman is different -- don't let anyone burst your bubble! How rude!
#5 of 10 Old 06-21-2004, 02:12 PM

The reason you'd probably be doubted is that at 9-10 weeks your uterus is quite thick (the walls of it thin as pregnancy progresses and it stretches). The baby is maybe 1-1.5 inches. Also at this point your uterus is sitting in your pelvis (i.e. not peeking above your pubic bone).

However.... every woman is different. And if you believe that you are feeling your baby move then you probably are! No doc/ midwife can know what it feels like to be in your body.
#6 of 10 Old 06-23-2004, 04:15 PM

I am 8 weeks and have felt my baby move. I know the baby is only the size of a strawberry and it's impossible. I thought maybe it was because I just gave birth 8 months ago...?

With my ds I felt movement for the first time at 16 weeks and with dd at 13 weeks....normal right?

This time I feel like it's the baby's spirit who's abilities exceed that of it's body's that is causing the movement. The movement wasn't the early fluttering either it felt more like my uterus moving than the tiny little baby.

This was the feeling I got, then again it could be the intestinal changes you were talking about...LOL!
:LOL :LOL :LOL
#7 of 10 Old 06-26-2004, 01:25 AM

I was hoping maybe someone else had a similar experience or viewpoint on this unusually earlier baby movement thing but no one replied after me...

did i come off the wrong way?
#8 of 10 Old 06-26-2004, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadiaSJ
did i come off the wrong way?
No, not at all.... I just don't have an opinion other than that it's unlikely to physically feel a baby that teeny move.

However, feeling the baby's spirit is a whole nother thing and I think it's cool that your connecting to your baby like that!

Karen
#9 of 10 Old 06-26-2004, 02:05 AM

thank you for replying and I think you are right about both...LOL!
#10 of 10 Old 07-03-2004, 11:59 AM

I was talking to another prego who also got pregnant soon after the last one like me. She said that she also felt that "real movement" very early like if it was the uterus contracting or balling up or moving. She said that since my uterus hasn't really gone back to normal that happens. I got pregnant again when Sam was only 7 months old.

Makes sense to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page