Weird cravings- fess up here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll go first. I just ate 2 slices of cantelope, 2 boiled eggs, and a jar of green olives...
#2 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 08:13 PM

its really not very odd but chinese food. I normally eat chinese 4-5 times a year, so this is very odd for me

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#3 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 11:57 PM

OK< not a craving, but a lack thereof.... I have about 3 bars of organic dark truffle chocolate sitting here for the last 3 months..... WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH ME???????
#4 of 8 Old 10-13-2004, 02:36 PM

Azreial - I can totally relate! During my first pregnancy, I ate General Tso's Tofu at least 2 times week (more if I could!). I couldn't get enough of that Chinese food!
#5 of 8 Old 10-14-2004, 12:00 PM

It isn't weird, but I can't get enough PIE!!!!!!!!!!! Any kind of pie will do! I finished a chocolate creme pie last night. Super yummy. I'm thinking pumpkin for the next one!!!

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#6 of 8 Old 10-14-2004, 12:00 PM

I haven't really had any weird cravings that I can think of. Although I do remember DH giving me an odd look when I was dipping pretzels in his ice cream....

I've been on a total blueberry kick lately - every morning I wake dreaming of blueberry pancakes :LOL

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#7 of 8 Old 10-15-2004, 05:55 PM

I crave flour. Blech. I used to as a teenager, but haven't for a very, very long time. I wonder if it's a form of pica?
#8 of 8 Old 11-07-2004, 09:59 PM

I've had more aversions than cravings. But I did go on a pie binder for the entire summer (homemade apple, blackberry, peach, raspberry, and more of each!) I guess anything sweet and juicy was a good thing for me. Luckily all this delicious fruit grows everywhere so all I did was buy the pre-made pie crusts. The one thing that made me really gross out was barbeque'd meat. The smell (Especially pork products) sent me running off the porch all summer--I didn't puke though, thankfully.

Wait! I just remembered. At four months pg, I ate an entire 13 by 9 inch tray of my home-grown fresh tomatoes. One after another. Then I wanted more.

During my last pregnancy, I had a liverworst + avocado sandwich craving. That was weird.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page