January Mamas - week of Nov 1- Nov 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I can't sleep and I'm online, I thought I'd start the thread this week.
Here's a rollcall list from a few weeks back:

Chiromom (Mar): Due late Jan with child #3, planning UC

Parkersmama (Kristin): due 1/27 with #2, hospital VBAC

HelloKitty (Kitty): due 1/30 with #4

Pam and Abigail (Pam): due 1/19 with #2, homebirth

Killick (Nicole): due 1/3 with (BOY = Will), hospital birth

Nemmer (Jennifer): adopting twins due early Jan

Zonapellucida (Heidi): due 1/23 with #7 (BOY), planned UC

PIOmama: due 1/18 with #5

Babytime: due 1/22 with #2 (GIRL)

sme (Sheila): due 1/7 with #1

rubysmomjess(Jess): due Jan with #2, homebirth

stacy31 (Stacy?): due ? with ?

sadkitty: due 1/27 thru 2/1 with #2, waterbirth at birth center

ccasanova (Cynthia): due 1/5 with #4

*sweetpeasmom (Laura): due Jan 1/21 with #2 (GIRL), hospital* -as we all know, has her precious Megan on the <i>outside</i> now!

Azreial: due 1/29 with #2 (GIRL)

Mamamaya: due 1/14 with #3, planned UC

Human Being (Heidi): due Jan 28 with #1, homebirth

Peace4you (Jen): due 1/19 with #1

Slygrrl (Kathy): due 1/26 with #2, homebirth

Delfina: due 1/5 with #2 (BOY), planning VBAC

embens (Leenie): due 1/8 with #4

Malama: due late Jan with #3

Parthenia: due late Jan/early Feb with #2 (still one of us!)

Jessitron (Jessica): due late Jan with #1, planning Homebirth

Milk4two (Adria): due ? with twins

Nathansmom (norah): Due 1/19 with twins (BOYS)

Zanelee (Jennifer): due late Jan with #2

Marysmama (Gen): due 1/21 with #2, natural hospital birth

HokieGirl: due ? with ? (GIRL)

tofumama: due ? with #3

Kimberlytm (Kimberly): due 1/9 with #2 (BOY), birthcenter

Zannster (Suzanne): due 1/7 with #1 (BOY)

Bunches (Mary): due mid Jan with #1

Nakagain (Pamela): due 1/1 with #3, planning Homebirth

Majick1 (Celeste): due 1/20 with #3, planning Homebirth

NadiaSJ (Nadia): due 1/28 with #3

Asheville Mama (Sonya): due 1/1 with #2, homebirth

Proudmom: due 1/27 with #2 (GIRL), homebirth

mamajessica (Jessica): due 1/11

icxcnika: due Jan with #2, natural hospital birth w/MW

AmyB (Amy): due 1/22 with #2, homebirth

Our good news is that, pending the actual sale of the house, I think we're moving in later today!
#2 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 10:10 AM

Hi - I just wanted to add myself to the list. I've been posting for a month now, and we're feeling a little left out.

Chiromom (Mar): Due late Jan with child #3, planning UC

Parkersmama (Kristin): due 1/27 with #2, hospital VBAC

HelloKitty (Kitty): due 1/30 with #4

Pam and Abigail (Pam): due 1/19 with #2, homebirth

Killick (Nicole): due 1/3 with (BOY = Will), hospital birth

Nemmer (Jennifer): adopting twins due early Jan

Zonapellucida (Heidi): due 1/23 with #7 (BOY), planned UC

PIOmama: due 1/18 with #5

Babytime: due 1/22 with #2 (GIRL)

sme (Sheila): due 1/7 with #1

rubysmomjess(Jess): due Jan with #2, homebirth

stacy31 (Stacy?): due ? with ?

sadkitty: due 1/27 thru 2/1 with #2, waterbirth at birth center

ccasanova (Cynthia): due 1/5 with #4

*sweetpeasmom (Laura): due Jan 1/21 with #2 (GIRL), hospital* -as we all know, has her precious Megan on the <i>outside</i> now!

Azreial: due 1/29 with #2 (GIRL)

Mamamaya: due 1/14 with #3, planned UC

Human Being (Heidi): due Jan 28 with #1, homebirth

Peace4you (Jen): due 1/19 with #1

Slygrrl (Kathy): due 1/26 with #2, homebirth

Delfina: due 1/5 with #2 (BOY), planning VBAC

embens (Leenie): due 1/8 with #4

Malama: due late Jan with #3

Parthenia: due late Jan/early Feb with #2 (still one of us!)

Jessitron (Jessica): due late Jan with #1, planning Homebirth

Milk4two (Adria): due ? with twins

Nathansmom (norah): Due 1/19 with twins (BOYS)

Zanelee (Jennifer): due late Jan with #2

Marysmama (Gen): due 1/21 with #2, natural hospital birth

HokieGirl: due ? with ? (GIRL)

tofumama: due ? with #3

Kimberlytm (Kimberly): due 1/9 with #2 (BOY), birthcenter

Zannster (Suzanne): due 1/7 with #1 (BOY)

Bunches (Mary): due mid Jan with #1

Nakagain (Pamela): due 1/1 with #3, planning Homebirth

Majick1 (Celeste): due 1/20 with #3, planning Homebirth

NadiaSJ (Nadia): due 1/28 with #3

Asheville Mama (Sonya): due 1/1 with #2, homebirth

Proudmom: due 1/27 with #2 (GIRL), homebirth

mamajessica (Jessica): due 1/11

icxcnika: due Jan with #2, natural hospital birth w/MW

AmyB (Amy): due 1/22 with #2, homebirth

Mamabeca (Andy) due 1/22 w/#2 , m/w asstd homebirth.

THANKS!!
: no circ no vax

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#3 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 10:15 AM

Please add me to the list as well! I have not posted in a while since I spent the last few months in Germany with my family. Would love to be included again.
My name is judith and I am due with my second son Jan 14th....we are hoping for a natural hospital birth!
#4 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 04:32 PM

Pam&Abigail, how awesome, you're finally moving in. Remember to take it easy.

And welcome back, Judith and Mamabeca.

I'm going pretty well. I'm really starting to look at the calendar now. Since I delivered at 34 weeks last time, I keep thinking/wondering just what will happen this time.

Anyhow, took my glucose tolerance test on Friday. I got the results today, 94. I guess the cut off is 130 or something. So, I'm well within normal. I knew I'd be fine. I'm also measuring 3 cm over. I'm not concerned about that either.

It's so odd to be on the two week OB schedule now. It's making me anticipate the birth even more.

Hope everyong else is doing great!

Gen
#5 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 07:02 PM

Pam, did you get moved in? Oh, I hope so!

I don't start the two-week appointments until December. : I wish they were more frequent now, as these crazy contractions worry me a little. Today my midwife told me to get a calcium supplement (Calcium Appetite, from my chiropractor) and if that doesn't help, to call again. We've been through chamomile, valerian, and a bit of wine. The wine helps a little, but that may be because I'm so happy to get to drink it. And water, of course, a gallon a day. Seems like if I look at my belly funny it contracts.

Mamabeca, thanks for posting the info. Confused me a little that the questionner said she had contractions a minute apart lasting 90 seconds. She must not be counting from start to start for the intervals.
#6 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 07:58 PM

My computer is locked up so I guess I say hi...

Pam_and_Abigail- I'm so glad you finally got to move inot your home. Must be such a relief.

Daylight saving has thrown us off abit so DD and I were up at 5:30 this morning. Sure made for a relaxing morning, though. Hopefully the trend will las through tomorrow morning and we can go vote early before work.

I start the every 2 weeks this coming appt. It will be nice to have them a bit more often. It will benice to get to know my midwife a bit better and it will be nice to have more focus on my pregnancy. Soemtimes, I kind of forget (you'd laugh if you saw my belly). Just so busy and distracted.

Hope everyone has a good week!
#7 of 29 Old 11-01-2004, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, I'm surprised that I'm still on the roll call. I haven't posted here in a long time. I've been totally swamped (collecting data for my thesis), and I just don't have time for all the boards!

I get to start two week appointments after the one this week (on Wed). I should have started earlier, but my midwife was unavailable one week, and then I had to schedule appointments for my thesis last week. This is so insane. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the two week appts too. I feel a little disconnected from things right now.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#8 of 29 Old 11-03-2004, 12:18 AM

Hi Ladies,

We had an OB appointment on Friday last week. Little Will was moving around quite a bit and his heart rate was 144. Quite a jump from my previous appointment that he slept through. That was the appointment where I did my glucose test. Anyway, measuring at 31 weeks, so right on target and I have gained only 15 pounds. I am really excited about that, and hope that I can keep the weight down pretty low with this one.

We have our follow-up ultrasound this Friday, so we will see if the previa has resolved itself. So far, so good with no bleeding.

I am having more problems breathing though, and sleeping is getting harder and harder now.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Nicole
#9 of 29 Old 11-03-2004, 10:27 AM

I haven't posted here in ages but I'd like to!

I'm feeling huge now. I think I have outgrown my only pair of maternity jeans and broke out my overalls this morning. Usually I save them for the end, but I just can't stand having anything pressing on my belly. These last few months are going to seem long!

My first 2 were breech, so I'm curious to see if this one is as well. From what I can tell she is head down...I hope so!

I'm starting to look forward to the birth. Last time I waited until labor had started to decide to stay home and have the baby here. My midwife let me leave it open depending on how I felt. This time I know I'll be staying home and can be more prepared.

Anyone collecting good recipes for freezer meals?
#10 of 29 Old 11-03-2004, 11:44 AM

Hello Choco - I'd love any good recipes you may want to share! I'm part of a babysitting co-op here and we do meals for new moms, so I'll probably get a week or so out of that, and DH is also a good cook, but knowing there's stuff in the freezer just makes me feel more secure.

P&A - are you settled in yet? I can hardly imagine what you have been going through, although my brownie troop leader is also just moving into her place (moved to NY from CA last June!) and I think she's early pregnant (maybe 6 wks?). Chaos for weeks... I'm painting the baby room and that's chaos enough for me!!!

Thanks for the welcome, and it's so awesome to get to know some of you! I hope you are all dealing with this election thing better than I am...sigh.

Andy

#11 of 29 Old 11-03-2004, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Yay! We are in! We own a house!!
I had my appt at the obs clinic my mw works with this week, and i was very impressed. If I wasn't so set on a homebirth, I would be more than glad to go there!

Time to go change my sig!

sorry about the ommissions from the rollcall. I mostly cut and paste
#12 of 29 Old 11-03-2004, 07:34 PM

Hi Mamas-

P&A congrats on moving into your house. I am sure that is a huge weight off of your shoulders!

This are OK here. As I had said earlier, I was very excited about a new job that was offered to me - including 3 months leave, plus 12 months of half time work after the baby was born. So, after quitting my former job, and a few days before I was to begin the new one, I found out that somehow the Bureau Chief was not informed of the agreement we had made and refused to allow it. I feel so angry and betrayed! Not to mention a little worried about what we will do financially......

Other than that, baby is big and healthy. My FP sent me for another ultrasound to rule out hydroamnios because I was measuring so large (about 6 cm/weeks ahead). Looks like baby #2 just wants to weight more than his big brother - who was 9lbs 6 oz! Not so sure about that VBAC anymore.... but we'll see what happens.

Hope you all have a nice week.
#13 of 29 Old 11-04-2004, 03:16 AM

I'm here. I'm due Jan 19th with boy/girl twins. I'm feeling huge, but feeling pretty good. We bought a new mattress since I've been having to sleep on the couch due to leg pain. The mattress is wonderful so far!

I hope everyone else is feeling well.
#14 of 29 Old 11-04-2004, 10:01 AM

Delfina - I don't want to recommend litigation, by any means, but I think if you called a free legal service, and some are national, you might find that you could push this issue with the Bureau Chief and get some results (ie: it may not be the sweet deal it once was, but you may be able to work like 2/3rds time with 3 mos. mat. leave or something...). It seems to me that you had at least a verbal contract with them, which is legal and binding. If you have no other evidence (emails, correspondence, or an actual contract), you should still be able to get somewhere and not be bereft of income. What a complete and total bummer!!! I'm so sorry. Take care not to stress out too much. Keep you feet up and chat on the phone for a day or so, take advantage of the time off for now, but don't let them get away with taking away your income source, if you don't think they should have. I'll hold thumbs for you on the VBAC, but if it's another c-section don't worry, babies all get born their own way. Healthy and whole is what we are reaching for, right?! andy

#15 of 29 Old 11-04-2004, 12:26 PM

Oh, and just wondering about people's choices for names...I like yours Killick, Will is a great name. We thought of using William for my Uncle Bill, who died of AIDS in 1985, but my DH doesn't love it. Typical! So we're considering Leopold, Isaac (or Isak), Ted, and Reider. I think it's wait and see what the little dude looks like. I must say I feel better having just a few choices now, rather than 35,000 to select from.

#16 of 29 Old 11-04-2004, 03:57 PM

I have always loved the name Isaac and would use it if we were having a 3rd boy...but it's a girl and we cannot find a name!!
I have only had one dream about this baby and when I woke up I felt that her name was Anna, but I don't really like this name. The strange thing is that two days after this dream, my 4 yr old was rhyming (as he likes to do) and kept repeating Anna-Banana and then told me we should name our baby ANNA!
SO STRANGE!!
#17 of 29 Old 11-04-2004, 05:25 PM

Thanks for your input, Mamabeca. I don't like to admit it, but I have considered litigation.... especially since I do have emails. I don't think I could fully be considered a "New Mexican" if I didn't have some sort of lawsuit pending! I am just not sure if I want to work there after seeing how things operate! Part of me feels like this is a blessing in disguise because I never felt completely comfortable working even part-time with a newborn at home... We just have to figure out how we'll handle it financially.

Anyway, I love the name Isaac. I have considered Noah, Gabriel and Eli. My husband had different ideas though.....
#18 of 29 Old 11-04-2004, 06:16 PM

Leopold! Now that's a name. It's different, yet historic, and it shortens extremely well. I like that one.

If we have a boy he'll be Corwin. A girl might be Alysthia, Fioran, Evelyn, Gwendolyn, Marti, or Rory. I dreamed we named her Fioran, and DH dreamed she was a Rory. We'll also be choosing after getting a look at her, if it's a girl.

Chocomoto, Anna is a good name, if that's what she is. What kind of middle names are you considering? Anna goes well with zillions of lovely middle names. (But not with "Banana.")
#19 of 29 Old 11-05-2004, 12:23 AM

Ditto the banana. Anna also makes a good middle name, like Lilian Anna, etc. It could also be converted into something a bit more complex, and original. Liana, Lorana, Sarana, Annarose, etc. I do like it a lot. Anna is also a name that can be worn by a huge variety of women with comfort - very big/little/intelligent/sporty etc. women all carry Anna with aplomb. The name of Queens and many other truly remarkable women...

Thanks for the name input! I just got through with a visit to a friend also 29weeks this week. Her baby (a girl) has spina bifida...woah. Total ton of bricks to reality there. I am so completely grateful for my and dh's health, health of dd, and hopefully the health of baby coming, too. Keep the faith my fellow moms! andy

#20 of 29 Old 11-05-2004, 02:06 PM

Hey now - just trying out the new signature. I love taking a break and trying new stuff. MDC is cool! Feeling good, better and better although I finally caved and started abx for the sinus infection. It's SO much better after 3-4 days (started tues.). I hate thinking what they are doing to my insides, but at least I can bend over, now. I thought I was gunna explode! Well, hope everyone's having a good day! Delfina, I wouldn't try too hard to get a job with the bad news bears there, but I would try to get a severance package of say 3 - 6 months, which would cover the time you would've been on mat leave and give you a little breather... hey, I think they owe you for seriously messing with your head!!! good luck...andy

#21 of 29 Old 11-05-2004, 04:23 PM

Hi there, I am new to the MDC boards, e.d.d. 1/10 or so... ds was late so we'll see how close we get this time. Planning a home, water birth but will check out the birth center first just to make sure ;-)
I'm feeling really big and really tired in the p.m. these days. I should really be napping now, so we can go out tonight.
zzzzzzzzzzz........... who can sleep when my ebay auction is ending in 5 minutes?
#22 of 29 Old 11-05-2004, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
please add me to the roll call too. it has been a while since my last posts since i was first too ill with ms and and then too excited to feel good enough to play with kids. it is finally under 90 degrees here most days and we can go outside again. winter is a blessing in this desert.

i am due with my 4th boy (ASHER) around 1/26 and am planning my second homebirth (4th midwife-attended "natural" birth)
#23 of 29 Old 11-06-2004, 10:08 PM

Hi, and welcome to all the new mamas.

I have not been around much lately either. I am feeling pretty good but starting to have trouble sleeping more and am feeling more "full on preggo" lately when I try to bend over and stand or sit for more than 15 minutes in one position.

I have had a rotten cold for over a week and between my high stress levels (due to very busy life right now as we open our new practice) and pregnancy I just cannot seem to kick it. But otherwise, all is well.

Mar
#24 of 29 Old 11-06-2004, 10:12 PM

We are having total name trauma. The boy name is all set...but the girl name is just impossible this time. We really want a celtic name and we are just under-enthused with everything. There are two or three that we like "okay" but nothing that really snaps our attention. And I think we are going to have a girl...so...the search continues.
#25 of 29 Old 11-07-2004, 12:47 PM

chiro - you seriously need to sit back and read some adventure/romance novels. They give you a few hours off, you can pick some Ireland ones and get some great name ideas, and they will de-stress your world for a few moments, anyway. The only really Celtic name I like for girls is Ciara. I'm sure if I knew more I'd like them... In most of the books I 've read that have these type of names in them (which isn't really very many), I have a hard time pronouncing them. : There's also the Americanized ones, like Tara, Colleen, Shannon, etc. More Irish than Celtic, I guess... Good luck! Andy

#26 of 29 Old 11-08-2004, 12:09 AM

mamabeca

Thanks for the imput. Seriously I have scoured like lists and lists of celtic names including all the irish and celtic baby name books and websites (I think). I've seen pretty close to all from the pedestrian to the archiac...we just can't seem to agree on any that we are excited about. So, either something will change or....we'll have a boy and all will be fine.
#27 of 29 Old 11-08-2004, 01:21 AM

Chiromom, I feel your pain. DS has a very Gaelic/Celtic name. We wanted to name our daughter in a similar fashion, but cannot find a good name. I have plenty of option that I like if she is a boy (we had an u/s, but who knows).

DH now is switching to a more English name that has become terribly common. I just cannot accept it yet. I wanted to keep with the names we had started. Also we will have one child with a unique name and one with a common one

Oh well, let me know if you find a good one that people will possibly be able to pronounce and spell...

Proudmom
#28 of 29 Old 11-08-2004, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
don't forget you can always make up a name. if you usee some common sounds that you like that remind you of your favorite gaelic ones but change them slightly. they can still be easy to spell, just different. our only "normal" name is aidan (which wasn't as normal five years ago) but that was because we'd agreed on one name and my husband revealed after ultrasound that he actually hated it (quentin--but we went to school with quentin richardson at the time and it seemed inevitable he would make it to the NBA, which he did and he now plays for the phoenix suns...anyway). we only made it through the a's in a baby book before dh had to get to an evening class and we found one we both liked. why am i rambling?
my point with aidan is that we did give him a more unique middle name (aquinas) which gives him other options as he grows.

our biggest qualifier is that our children's names did not lend themselves to instant nicknames and cutesy names like changing william to bill or billy....

anyway good luck...
#29 of 29 Old 11-08-2004, 02:47 PM

Aloha everyone,
I've been away from home for the last couple of weeks, but so glad to be back sleeping in my own bed (not that I can get truly comfy at this point at all....). I'm with Chiromom, that I can't be in any one position for more than 15 minutes either. It makes it hard to do schoolwork, read, sleep, basically ANYTHING. ugh. I don't remember this in my other pregnancies, but then I was in my 20s then and now in my 30s? When we were on vacation I drove the family (in search of sunshine) in a rental car that was probably not made for my size on a 2 hour drive and my knees were in massive pain for 2 days afterwards.... WTF??

I feel for you all on the name things. We've always had an incredibly easy time picking out girls names and so far have 2 boys. We figured that if we got a boys name easy this time, we might have a girl.... no such luck. Girls name came quick and boys name.... well the jury is still out, but we're better off than before, as we do have a list of possible boys names.

I hope everyone is generally feeling WELL! We don't have much longer!

ALoha,
Karen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page