Week Nov. 8 - 14 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 11-11-2004, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mamamaya!
sounds like you've been having a rough time! do you have some mama support there? it seems like you've been having a rough pregnancy, but your posts sound so upbeat- it's inspiring!!! i hope you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!!

malama pono,
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 11-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Mamamaya, I'm so sorry! Your pregnancy sounds rough for lots of reasons, mostly non-health-related. I'll tell my ribs to shut up next time they start complaining about the uterus smooshing them. They have no room to gripe.
#33 of 41 Old 11-11-2004, 03:12 PM

on the antacid thing...my MW reccomended a liquid calcium supplement, I don't know the name, but you should be able to ask at a natural/health food store. she said it would be a much better source of calcium than tums and none of the scary aluminum, etc.

mamamaya I hope things get better for you...sorry it's been so rough!
#34 of 41 Old 11-11-2004, 09:49 PM

Malama- I hope things get better for you, the last thing you need is added stress to your pregnancy....
#35 of 41 Old 11-12-2004, 08:25 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the leg cramps. I've always heard bananas are good for leg cramps. I guess it's the potassium that may help.

For those worried about TUMS, I don't know. While I don't think they're the best form of a calcium supplement. If they help with heartburn, shoot, take 'em. I doubt any of us are chewing up too many of them anyway. I think I've probably consumed about 4 during this whole pregnancy. And I don't feel bad about it at all.

I'm so sad to hear about Nemmer. Big hugs to her.

Yesterday, I had an OB appointment. This office does not do the typical diagnostic ultrasound at 20 weeks. However, they offer a quick check if you want to find out the sex at your 30 week appointment. Well, I didn't want to know the sex so I figured I wasn't getting an ultrasound, but then they offered to give me a picture and I said ok. Please don't flame, I know how some feel about the use of ultrasound for shallow purposes. It's funny, because I typically feel the same way. However, it was just too tempting. So I did it and it was really neat. The doc took a picture of the baby's foot. It's sooo cute. Just like a little foot print.

All in all, I'd say it lasted about 3 minutes. It was very fast, just to get a peek.

Many of you may remember that at my 22 week appointment, my fundal height was 6 cm too large. Well, now at 30 weeks, I'm measuring 32 cm. So, I guess I'm evening out. And I gained 1 lb in the last two weeks. So, I feel pretty good about that. For a few months in the second trimester, I was gaining like 9 lbs/month. EEK. Since then, I've been walking and trying to watch it with the junk. And I think it's helped. So far have gained about 29 lbs. YIKES!

Also, ladies, my next appointment will be at 33 weeks. My first was born at 34 weeks due to PROM. I'm not really worried about it happening early again, just I guess anxious. I think it's like the anxiety one might feel more toward 40 weeks. KWIM. I just am wondering WHEN? Like waiting for an expected phone call.

Sorry such a long post. Rambling mostly.

Gen
#36 of 41 Old 11-12-2004, 11:03 PM

I'm 30 weeks.

5 weeks ago I was miserable. Depressed, uncomfortable, not sleeping, in so much pain, and out of breath.

I feel really good these days. We bought a new mattress (Intelligel) and it was worth every single cent. I'd been sleeping on the couch and in a recliner and waking every couple of hours because I was in so much pain. Now I sleep through and only wake up to pee. It's amazing how much better I feel throughout the day after a good night's sleep.

I have been having heartburn some nights. I forgot about papaya enzymes! I have some, so I will have to take those next time.

I take an extra Calcium/mineral supplement and that helps with the leg cramps. I'm taking liquid chlorophyll, too, which is helping with the tiredness.

I think the babies have moved down because my stomach looks different and I'm no longer out of breath all the time.

I've been having tons of BH for the past two days. Normally I wouldn't be worried, but my midwife is going out of town and with twins I'm paranoid that I won't know something is wrong until it's too late. So I'm going in to get checked and reassured tonight. I hate feeling that I can't trust my own body and intuition.

Anyway, that's all about me. I can't believe I only have 67 days left of this pregnancy!
#37 of 41 Old 11-13-2004, 11:55 PM

Hi All
I haven't posted here in a hundred years!
I am 32 weeks. I have not gotten weighed this time around so I cannot comment on weight gained or anything......probably A LOT...like ususal!

I have had to start seeing a chiropractor at my midwives insistance. My back pain is agonizing & I have been having bad ciatica (I do not know how you spell that! LOL) So I have gone twice & have had some relief. I have heard from some friends that chiropractic has helped them have better labor.....hope that is true for me! My last birth was awful so I am trying to clear my mind of all that & focus on a nice labor this time.

I am definately uncomfy sleeping~~my rib cage KILLS me! I do have awful heartburn but have never found a cure that works. I am short of breath & HOT HOT HOT all the time! My poor kids are freezing in this house!:LOL

I chew ice all the time & have added FLORIDIX to my daily routine in hopes of keeping my iron up for labor.

Other than that.....I am just waiting IMPATIENTLY! I cannot wait to meet little #4 & end my career as a pregnant lady! I am getting to old for this!
#38 of 41 Old 11-14-2004, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

You girls are awesome e-companions. You are tired, aching, busy and uncomfortable but you find time to keep in touch, which is so amazingly cool! My best buds here seem to be so wrapped up and busy they hardly ever call. Just wanted to express my gratitude!

I am trying to paint the baby room with a jungle/rainforest theme. I finally found curtains I can stand (sandy colored with two light green and two light blue walls). The painting part now is the jungley detail. I went to the library to get some ideas, and I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. My artistic talent is seriously lacking, I can barely trace! I also got some stamps (bigish ones)and have a few stencils around...planning to use them but still...

I have upped my Ca/Mg to twice a day, and although I still get crampy legs in the early a.m., the indigestion is plateauing and not terrible right now. We'll see as things progress...10 more weeks!!! Stacey - keep the faith that this will END when the babe is out and about. Hang in there and also try accupressure points... a friend/DH can help if you get the info on where...there's lots of books about it. Be carefulish, as some points are uterine stimulators (ankles, predominantly). Ciao all, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#39 of 41 Old 11-14-2004, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

PS - according to Sheila Kitzinger, too much iron during pregnancy will delay labor and can stall it if your count is too high during labor (blood is too thick or something... A doc. office can do a count, if you're seeing an ob/gyn. Don't want it too thin, either...that I get, too. Good luck!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#40 of 41 Old 11-14-2004, 04:08 AM

hey mamas! this seemed like a good thread to get all our complaints out! this way, dh's ears get a break, lol. I've had some symptoms that i never had with any other pregnancies, maybe some of you have them too. Muscle spasms in my belly, these really surprise you with how fast they hit you ! A pain in the uppermost part of my thigh and going up to the lowest part of my belly on the right side only. This pain is soo weird! it's like everytime i get up or move my right leg, it feels like this part is sore from working out or something. Does anyone else have this? it's soo hard to stretch this area, and even if i kinda do, it seems to make it hurt even more, so i don't know what to do. Oh yeah, and there is of course the back aches! it's getting hard to bend forward to stretch your spine becuase you feel the baby in the way. It's like all of the sudden, babies space is getting pretty cramped in there. poor guy! well that's all i could think of for now. oh yeah, the lovely feelings you get when the baby pushes down into your cervix! i wonder if this means he's head down now? Hmmm...will have to ask doctor at next appointment
#41 of 41 Old 11-14-2004, 02:06 PM

I haven't posted here since the first trimester!!!!!! We had visitors the entire summer (which was great) and I had little time. May I join in again?????? It feels good to look at this forum and see how everyone else is feeling and dealing with their symptoms!!! This is my first pregnancy so I'm just dealing with the symptoms as they come up. I had some leg cramps for a day or 2 but it seemed water, EmergenC, and bananas helped because I haven't had them since!! As for the sleepless nights, I have started lurking on MDC again after a long break. The body pillow certainly helps!!!!!!!!! I am 31 weeks and have gained about 25 pounds so far. Some days I feel good and others I have absolutely NO energy!!!!!!! It amazes me!! I try to listen to my body. Its much easier when I am not working though!!! At work, I just try to increase my water intake. I am going to take some of the wonderful advice from the previous posts!!!!!
Well.... it looks like its the beginning of the countdown for us!! It feels nice to be in the 3rd trimester!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes to everyone!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page