Low blood pressure? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-08-2004, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone been told their blood pressure is low? I had a doc. appt. today (not at OB) and I was told it is low. You only have to worry if it's high, right?

TIA!
#2 of 6 Old 11-08-2004, 07:12 PM

From what I understand, the only way to really diagnose low BP is by any physical symptoms you might experience as a result of it. Otherwise, I don't think you need to worry.... but it wouldn't hurt to double check!
#3 of 6 Old 11-08-2004, 10:23 PM

babytime, i wouldn't worry about low blood pressure unless you are feeling fait and/or fainting. I have been told my one dr that my pressure is low and by another that it is good, both drs getting the same reading Just make sure that if you are feeling fine your dr knows that. I had to go the er once and my pressure was "dangerously low" so they rushhed all around and made me lay in the bed with the cathater so that I wouldn't injure myself trying to walk to the toilet. Mind you I had just taken the bus there and walked in on my own. Granted I was quite ill but I don't think I was in any danger from low bp

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#4 of 6 Old 11-09-2004, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!
#5 of 6 Old 11-12-2004, 10:31 AM

I always run low and haven't been told to worry

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#6 of 6 Old 11-12-2004, 04:29 PM

I also have very low pressure, both with my first pregnancy and now with this one. I wouldn't worry at all (provided you have no troubling symptoms) ~ my midwife definitely sees it as a positive thing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page